Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#972234 Aug 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the qualifying plans under ObamaKKKare actually approach catastrophic insurance in order to keep the premiums low enough.
yeah I read. People are going to be in for a big surprise. The only is most won't have to pay the premiums, just the out of pocket.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#972235 Aug 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Fine for a one time event. Get a chronic condition or one requiring yearly treatments & you are out of luck.
Calculate typical yearly expenses & compare it to the differential costs on certain deductibles & then factor in what hitting the max deductible in costs does to your finances. If you carry a 5K deductible, what happens when you hit it.
Getting a 5K medical bill is no prize. Finding you can't get insurance the following year really sucks.
Its dangerous game playing. Its called insurance. Quit being cheap & protect your family.
I give up. You just want someone else to pay your way. Just admit it. Done.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#972236 Aug 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is looking for an excuse to take out Iranian nuclear facilities and Obama is serving up a softball.
I can see that happening while they have the planes in the air and a diversion is going on. They took out Syria's site a few years ago. Was in and out before they knew what hit them.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972237 Aug 28, 2013
Feral chimp attack!!

Its a shame she wasnt packing a 9mm; she should have emptied it into these chimps. Its the only thing gibbons understand....

Posted: 7:35 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013

Woman brutally beaten by group of teens in North Side says attack was ‘racially motivated’

PITTSBURGH —

A woman who said she was brutally attacked by a group of black teenagers in Pittsburgh’s North Side Sunday said the girls savagely beat her while calling her racial slurs.

Ginger Slepski said she suffered multiple injuries, including torn shoulder ligaments. She said she thought the girls were going to kill her.

“I thought it was so animalistic. So violent. I’m so afraid for these girls to get out and walk the streets,” Slepski said.

Police said Slepski was savagely beaten after the girls threw a bottle at her car on Concord Street and she stopped to confront them.

“I was mad. I knew they were younger. I thought they were in their early 20s. I got out and said,‘What is your problem?’” Slepski said.

All four African-American girls then called her names before getting physically violent.

“They yelled,‘Shut up white [expletive].’ The other said,‘Get that white [expletive],’” Slepski said.

Slepski said she tried to get back into her car but the girls grabbed her by the hair.

“The one punched me in the head and I was on a set of concrete steps and my head hit the concrete so hard,” said Slepski.“Then they all got on top of me and all their hands were in my hair. They kept telling each other to,‘Kick her in the head. Kick her head in the concrete.’”

Slepski said several people witnessed the attack but were too afraid to intervene.

“Another woman was yelling at the girls,‘I’m calling the police!’ And it’s like it only made it worse,” Slepski said.

Slepski said a man finally jumped in and helped Slepski escape from under the group of girls.

“I do feel like it was very racially motivated and I grew up in the neighborhood,” she said.

Slepski said her injuries are keeping her from working as an electrician and she’s worried about having the means to take care of her daughters.

The teens allegedly involved were all charged with robbery and ethnic intimidation.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#972238 Aug 28, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are careful your kids may grow up with a real work ethic that can support them and their families with out holding their hand out for government handouts.
What a concept huh.
It is the people who tell their kids just "do what you want" that are causing all the problems. Their parents never instilled anything in them and now our country is having to raise their kids too.
Yes I remember when the parents actually took the time to help guide their own kids to a better life-again what a concept.
Sounds like you had careing parents as well.
Shadow, thank you! My parents were caring. My parents taught me life lessons that still apply today. I teach my kids those lessons as well.

That is a major problem in the "Ghetto" today... NO CARING PARENTS! Sure a momma may cry when her baby boy is shot in the street but she wasn't there to teach him and nurture him. And of course baby boy had no daddy in the picture, just the drug dealer on the corner!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972239 Aug 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wow pal, you're really on a fkn roll today___Trayvon never appeared in court.
You and your crew are shameful__just shameful.
Not to mention spineless.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/27/20...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972240 Aug 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I give up. You just want someone else to pay your way. Just admit it. Done.
No surprise there; dumbdave has always been a freeloading chimp.....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#972241 Aug 28, 2013
I think it's time to change the batteries in the keyboard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972242 Aug 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot "mind our own business" when it comes to the use of chemical weapons against innocent people. However, what we can do is wait for the U.N. inspectors to complete their investigation and issue their findings. The last thing we need to do is rush to conclusions that may antagonize Russia and China. Personally, I believe there are better ways to send a message to Syria than through the use of cruise missles but I stand firm on my belief that any action must be taken by a coalition of nations....not the United States.
How about a coalition that doesn't include the US?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#972243 Aug 28, 2013
Happy Day!

Magic Negro's Brother gets the axe!

NY Times - Jury Sentences Hasan to Death for Fort Hood Rampage: http://tinyurl.com/p2ajg3t

He'll be sending out Bereavement Cards on White House stationary to the Muslim Brotherhood, dammit.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#972244 Aug 28, 2013
Until the am.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972245 Aug 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Has your dumbazz been asleep for two days? Or are you trying to trick one of the right wing duds here into posting something stupid?
Israel is a nuclear power__Iran aims it's missiles with a hand held compass left behind by Kermit Roosevelt.
Tehran has always wanted nukes eh? The citizens never understood what a nuke was__maybe it's time they learned eh?
Oh, "hi" chimpy. Yeah, that WOULD be a good day if Iran popped off their retarded little firecrackers. KABOOM!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972246 Aug 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> yeah I read. People are going to be in for a big surprise. The only is most won't have to pay the premiums, just the out of pocket.
Most people without dependents will pay.

Lapeer, MI

#972248 Aug 28, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Feral chimp attack!!
Its a shame she wasnt packing a 9mm; she should have emptied it into these chimps. Its the only thing gibbons understand....
Posted: 7:35 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013
Woman brutally beaten by group of teens in North Side says attack was ‘racially motivated’
PITTSBURGH —
A woman who said she was brutally attacked by a group of black teenagers in Pittsburgh’s North Side Sunday said the girls savagely beat her while calling her racial slurs.
Ginger Slepski said she suffered multiple injuries, including torn shoulder ligaments. She said she thought the girls were going to kill her.
“I thought it was so animalistic. So violent. I’m so afraid for these girls to get out and walk the streets,” Slepski said.
Police said Slepski was savagely beaten after the girls threw a bottle at her car on Concord Street and she stopped to confront them.
“I was mad. I knew they were younger. I thought they were in their early 20s. I got out and said,‘What is your problem?’” Slepski said.
All four African-American girls then called her names before getting physically violent.
“They yelled,‘Shut up white [expletive].’ The other said,‘Get that white [expletive],’” Slepski said.
Slepski said she tried to get back into her car but the girls grabbed her by the hair.
“The one punched me in the head and I was on a set of concrete steps and my head hit the concrete so hard,” said Slepski.“Then they all got on top of me and all their hands were in my hair. They kept telling each other to,‘Kick her in the head. Kick her head in the concrete.’”
Slepski said several people witnessed the attack but were too afraid to intervene.
“Another woman was yelling at the girls,‘I’m calling the police!’ And it’s like it only made it worse,” Slepski said.
Slepski said a man finally jumped in and helped Slepski escape from under the group of girls.
“I do feel like it was very racially motivated and I grew up in the neighborhood,” she said.
Slepski said her injuries are keeping her from working as an electrician and she’s worried about having the means to take care of her daughters.
The teens allegedly involved were all charged with robbery and ethnic intimidation.
Calling George Zimmerman! Calling George Zimmerman!

The 2nd Amendment is universally valid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972249 Aug 28, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Ok your point oh another racist story you are a real problem solver hahahahahlolololo
sorry for pointing out right wing racism.

yeah i know, pointing out right wing racism makes me a racist, poor excuse as that is for you right wing racists to use.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972250 Aug 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I give up. You just want someone else to pay your way. Just admit it. Done.
Me? I am paying for MY insurance that will cover my health insurance cost.

You would rely on people like me when tragedy hits.

Really Flacktard. Get a freakin grip.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#972251 Aug 28, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are careful your kids may grow up with a real work ethic that can support them and their families with out holding their hand out for government handouts.
What a concept huh.
It is the people who tell their kids just "do what you want" that are causing all the problems. Their parents never instilled anything in them and now our country is having to raise their kids too.
Yes I remember when the parents actually took the time to help guide their own kids to a better life-again what a concept.
Sounds like you had careing parents as well.
There is nothing wrong with Government handouts when
trying to raise a family.
Children get sick from all the stupid at school and
from adults that bother them.
What is a better life?
If your parents care about you they will try to give you a better life. Most parents are jealous of their children and do not
want them to succeed.

Lapeer, MI

#972252 Aug 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
These are Jesse Jackson wannabe thugs. I wouldn't doubt that their defense lawyers got strategy calls from the White House and Eric Racist Holder.

The March on Washington is a funeral dirge for America.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972253 Aug 28, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>and you push bigotry and self hate
you've evidentaly forgotten when the Irish felt lucky when a black family moved into the neighborhood so they were no longer at the bottom of the American ethnic barrel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#972254 Aug 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a coalition that doesn't include the US?
Yeah! Let Europe's PIIGS go get 'em!

We'll be too busy with Impeachment proceedings.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 238,004
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 309,670
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Earthling-1 5,295
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin For Life 29,625
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 10 hr tom wingo 80
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web