Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#967160 Aug 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like saying birth contwol, or even self control, wasn't around in the middle of this century?
(kinda doubting that too)
Oh fer krissakes, go away you tic

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#967162 Aug 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis
Fresh off the false and politicized attack on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, today we’re hearing the know-nothings blame the subprime crisis on the Community Reinvestment Act — a 30-year-old law that was actually weakened by the Bush administration just as the worst lending wave began. This is even more ridiculous than blaming Freddie and Fannie.
....Better targets for blame in government circles might be the 2000 law which ensured that credit default swaps would remain unregulated, the SEC’s puzzling 2004 decision to allow the largest brokerage firms to borrow upwards of 30 times their capital and that same agency’s failure to oversee those brokerage firms in subsequent years as many gorged on subprime debt.(Barry Ritholtz had an excellent and more comprehensive survey of how Washington contributed to the crisis in this week’s Barron’s.)
There’s plenty more good reading on the CRA and the subprime crisis out in the blogosphere. Ellen Seidman, who headed the Office of Thrift Supervision in the late 90s, has written several fact-filled posts about the CRA controversey, including one just last week. University of Oregon professor and economist Mark Thoma has also defended the CRA on his blog. I also learned something from a post back in April by Robert Gordon, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, which ends with this ditty:
It’s telling that, amid all the recent recriminations, even lenders have not fingered CRA. That’s because CRA didn’t bring about the reckless lending at the heart of the crisis. Just as sub-prime lending was exploding, CRA was losing force and relevance. And the worst offenders, the independent mortgage companies, were never subject to CRA — or any federal regulator. Law didn’t make them lend. The profit motive did. And that is not political correctness. It is correctness.
http://www.businessweek.com/investing/insight...
http://online.barrons.com/article/SB122246742...
http://www.newamerica.net/blog/asset-building...
http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsv...
http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles...
CRA was the problem and why there was legislative changes done to the CRA from the Original CRA and that is what the articles are trying to confuse and the 1995 regulatory changes is what cause the problem and the Federal Reserve requested and got the changes done to the 1995 regulatory changes.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#967163 Aug 20, 2013
Stoopid people.

Maybe next time they'll vote for QUALIFICATIONS, rather than the shallowness of Hollywierd and Whineduhm flowery flowing words of all the worlds a stage show.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967164 Aug 20, 2013
Hello, my name is Ted Cruz, I'm from Canada, I am loyal to the queen of England, my father fought side by side with Castro. I'd like to be your president.

That dog won't hunt.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#967165 Aug 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sofa king stupid that you don't get it. Too funny.
Run up & down the street screaming" My Dixie Wrecked" & see what happens.
Top o the mornin' to you too, old MPD retard.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#967166 Aug 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh fer krissakes, go away you tic
F*k off parasite. This is America-not CommieTICland.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967167 Aug 20, 2013
Jeebushaditright wrote:
<quoted text>
Very first post of this thread.
----------
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
taxes have skyrocketed?

military downsized?

country in danger?

well, you know what they say about opinions....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967168 Aug 20, 2013
As much as I'm concerned about the direction of this country, I'm becoming more concerned about what nature is trying to tell us.

http://prescriptiondesk.com/articles/pollinat...
http://offgridsurvival.com/deadbirdsaroundthe...

Honey bees, birds and fish are mysteriously dying worldwide.

The list of states where this is happening is in the second link above. It is disturbingly widespread.

I'm actually more concerned about this, frankly.

Anyone else?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#967169 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Ryan did not get in front of a camera at every opportunity to paint a picture of doom and gloom with the intent to blame democrats if it backfired.
The sequester in 2013 was this president's idea. He signed it into law hoping Republicans would cave and blame them if they didn't.
It backfired on Obama instead.
The majority of Americans said the sequester in 2013 wasn't enough.
I'd call you "stupider" but it's not my style to resort to name calling.
The sequester was to force Congress to do its job or the cuts would be made across the board.

Republicans said OK.

Then Republicans failed to act.

Why?

I thought they wanted spending cuts? So why didn't they do intelligent cuts on spending that would not hurt the economy or vital services?

When you figure that out, let me know.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#967170 Aug 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Senator: Obama Administration Secretly Suspended Military Aid to Egypt
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Saudi Arabia and other Arab states have already committed to replacing any aid to Egypt that is withheld by the US.

BTW terrific articles this morning.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#967171 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Ryan did not get in front of a camera at every opportunity to paint a picture of doom and gloom with the intent to blame democrats if it backfired.
The sequester in 2013 was this president's idea. He signed it into law hoping Republicans would cave and blame them if they didn't.
The President doesn't pass a budget. Congress does! And they continue to screw the pooch by not coming to an agreement on a national budget. President Barack Obama is still waiting to sign a budget if one ever gets to his desk. House republicans prefer going on vacation, playing golf with CEO bigwigs, running for office, anything but getting down to doing their work. Isn't it time to fire John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of those lazy bozos?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967172 Aug 20, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>CRA was the problem and why there was legislative changes done to the CRA from the Original CRA and that is what the articles are trying to confuse and the 1995 regulatory changes is what cause the problem and the Federal Reserve requested and got the changes done to the 1995 regulatory changes.
so i guess Bush shouldn't have weakened the rules for CRAs in 2005.

somehow it's everyone's fault but the person who was in charge when it happened.... unless you're Barack Obama.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#967173 Aug 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> We are now supplying weapons. You really are quite u informed.
We should mind our own business. Obama should have never followed the French with the Libya fiasco. Now that Obama is president, you on the left are all gung ho war mongers. Not a peep from you radical Democrats Once Obama was elected, now we have scandals & cover-ups galore, yet not a peep.

You are the last one on this thread that should talk about being uninformed, as you just make crap up all the time, dolt.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967174 Aug 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine what Lois taught.
I bet she got her charges just as confused!
The birthplace of former presidents' fathers in the 1800s wasn't in the curriculum.

Now try and get over yourself - as difficult as that may be.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#967175 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The original creator of the sequester was none other than senator Phil Gramm (R) Texas.

Perhaps you're familiar with some of his other work.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#967176 Aug 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
taxes have skyrocketed?
military downsized?
country in danger?
well, you know what they say about opinions....
Sonicspaceshot has a new pair of rose colored glasses on today.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#967177 Aug 20, 2013
Obama: If I had a son he'd look just like Sunny.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/369617...

Gettysburg, PA

#967179 Aug 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Poor Retarded Obama. Putin laughs at him and now:
"Allies Undercut US Policy in Egypt"
AP
Saudi Arabia's royal family gives its full backing—and its oil money—to Egypt's interim government, and pledges to make up any loss of Western aid due to the crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood. "
The Deer-in-Headlights & Chief Obama seems lost yet again! God forbid the Jive-ass Punk Obama offends the "Muslim" Brothers.
You think that was by accident?

Everyone knows our best hope is the Egypt military to reset the democracy.

We put our aid on hold & Saudi fills in.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#967180 Aug 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
Hello, my name is Ted Cruz, I'm from Canada, I am loyal to the queen of England, my father fought side by side with Castro. I'd like to be your president.
That dog won't hunt.
Not again today, you imbecile.

Gettysburg, PA

#967181 Aug 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The avalanche didn't start until two years after the Democrats took over full oversight of the financial institutions that caused the economic collapse.
During this period of "Housing started its slide in 2006", we had two years of constant lies from Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank. Christopher Dodd was being paid more in bribes by the financial institutions that caused the collapse than any other person in the entire Congress. Barney Frank threw his male page off his New York hotel balcony and got busted for running a male prostitution ring out of his house, and who knows hom many other felonies Barney Frank committed that we never heard of, so they didn't have to bribe him.
Just how uninformed are you?
In 2006 Frank & Dodd were in minority positions. Nice try.

And really, bringing back the "super Barney" argument how one overweight gay guy defeated the entire Republican led House & Republican administration from his minority position in Congress?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Dave Nelson 230,102
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 40 min Pearl Jam 306,254
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 51 min Brew In 27,920
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 1 hr Local man 40
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr litesong 1,520
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) 9 hr Geoscientist 50
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 12 hr Some Parents Dont 453

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE