Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
886,681 - 886,700 of 1,080,326 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You could pass the birth certificate from birther to birther and let them each hold and caress it and they would still deny it's existence.
You are fighting a losing battle my friend yet somehow you are winning.
i've been at it for a while now.

the first time i posted that WND story was in 2008 on the first page of the first Topix birther thread.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In which year does Bocajew Jean from Queens "expect" drought "this spring" (sic).
"Expect" and "spring" are used correctly--what's your problem?(BTW, Kvetch All Fraudy is a Notajew from Wisconsin.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> "Currently, 56 percent of the continental U.S. is covered by some form of drought. That's an improvement from last summer, when the drought covered two-thirds of the nation.
The drought forecast calls for conditions to improve somewhat in eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia and South Carolina. But the February-through-May drought forecast predicts conditions will worsen overall this spring, NOAA climatologist Dan Collins said.
And below-average precipitation is expected this spring in most Western states and the southeastern United States."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/22/drou...
Currently 46%, with severe drought much, much lower.

Drought conditions are a fact of nature and always have been.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt would never take mass transit and thanks to his inheritance he will never have to.
Further evidence that he never read "Atlas Shrugged" at all...he must be part of that flack/fraudy crowd that has dinner with Bill Ayres once a week?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
Only to the extent that Obama's refusal to produce an original birth certificate raises controversy that could easily be resolved.
Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, Galt believes that the original birth certificate no longer exists, for whatever reason.
I know it's a good question, I asked it. So yes or no?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

National Review’s Awful Egypt Editorial

The editors at National Review want the U.S. to fully back the Egyptian military in its “war” with the Muslim Brotherhood:

But the military’s horrific violence yesterday does not alter the U.S.’s calculus. The Muslim Brotherhood and the military government are now at war, and the latter remains the best hope for securing American interests and, ultimately, a free Egypt. We should therefore continue our financial and matériel support for the Egyptian military and maintain as close a relationship as possible to push the government toward our objectives.

Egypt is wracked by serious violence, but it has thankfully not yet succumbed to civil war. Cavalierly talking about what is happening in Egypt in these terms is foolish, and it suggests that the authors have a perverse desire to help the Egyptian military stoke an armed conflict in Egypt. It’s as if they looked at what Assad did to Syria and said,“Yes, let’s help the Egyptian army do that to their country!” Whatever else might come from such a conflict, it won’t be a “free Egypt.”

The NR editors find the violence earlier this week to be “horrific,” but their preferred policy ensures not only that there will be more of it, but that the U.S. will be actively supporting the most heavily-armed side as it commits new outrages. Instead of distancing the U.S. from the crackdown in Egypt, they would like Washington to be a full partner in it. That means having “as close a relationship as possible” with the government that just committed what is by some accounts the worst one-day massacre of civilian protesters by government forces since Tiananmen. It’s true that the U.S. has had close ties with many brutal authoritarian regimes over the decades, and occasionally they may have been necessary to protect U.S. security interests, but that argument doesn’t work in this case. The current relationship with Egypt has become a liability that the U.S. doesn’t need, and it ought to change.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of him/her.
You know a lot of male amazons, do you, Galt? Now that groups would be lucky if they were only decimated...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt has used mass transit in the past, of necessity, and avoidance of this need is a primary factor in selecting a place to live.
Well good for you to have the common sense not to drink and drive. You must have been fun on the train that night, rich angry white guy yelling about his right to have a few drinks and be able to drive home.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
Only to the extent that Obama's refusal to produce an original birth certificate raises controversy that could easily be resolved.
Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, Galt believes that the original birth certificate no longer exists, for whatever reason.
You are a birther.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how many Presidents have done that?
but maybe there's a reason some don't.
Ronald Reagan's Birth Certificate
The 40th President of the United States had no trouble producing a birth certificate. In fact it is on display at the Reagan Library.
http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com/news/...
so tell us about how Reagan was born in 1942(thank you birther site).
1942? Must've been his certificate of death.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt refers to the primary meaning of "decimate", not the popular culture corruption.
Galt is still waiting for Governor Moonbeam's high speed rail from Bakersfield to Modesto.
Whatever you're waiting for, it wasn't I who misused it, either as referring directly to a tenth or to not so specific loss. Stay sharp, there, ol "grammar" grump.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Republicans Compound Their Failure by Voting to Ban NBC and CNN from Primary Debates

Sure, NBC and CNN will miss out on the entertainment that the Republican circus has already proven to be. Americans love comedy but they love watching people fall on their faces even more. Given them both at the same time and they’ll be yours. No, they won’t vote for you, but they’ll love to hate you.

Maybe Republicans can get their Obama impersonating Minstrel Rodeo Clown to moderate with taxpayer dollars. That ought to keep the Tea Party base glued to their tee-vees. I hear he’s been invited to Texas by yet another Republican small tenter, but surely he can make time to properly pay homage to the party who brought him to the dance.

The Republican Party has just figured out how to make their tent even smaller, and that’s saying something with their party identification hovering in the low twenties. Self-defeating much? Then again, maybe their best hope is hiding their candidates from the people.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/16/petula...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

I expect we will never hear the word 'birther' again from rightwingers if Ted Cruz, born in Canada, wins the Republican nomination.

"Who, what, where? ah we were just kidding we knew Obama's birth certificate was legit the entire time plus his mother was a citizen so he must have been eligible."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You are a birther.
Yep, and he's got the hots for Oily Taint. She's Galt's attorney and his dentist.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Compound Their Failure by Voting to Ban NBC and CNN from Primary Debates
Sure, NBC and CNN will miss out on the entertainment that the Republican circus has already proven to be. Americans love comedy but they love watching people fall on their faces even more. Given them both at the same time and they’ll be yours. No, they won’t vote for you, but they’ll love to hate you.
Maybe Republicans can get their Obama impersonating Minstrel Rodeo Clown to moderate with taxpayer dollars. That ought to keep the Tea Party base glued to their tee-vees. I hear he’s been invited to Texas by yet another Republican small tenter, but surely he can make time to properly pay homage to the party who brought him to the dance.
The Republican Party has just figured out how to make their tent even smaller, and that’s saying something with their party identification hovering in the low twenties. Self-defeating much? Then again, maybe their best hope is hiding their candidates from the people.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/16/petula...
Couldn't they just pick up the C-SPAN feed and show it any how?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Obama acts like a girly girl dealing with the crisis in Egypt!! Obama ‘Stop It, I’m Getting Mad, Please, but my question ‘Where’s Biden?’ Biden was picked as his VP because of his Foreign Policies Expertise, Biden like Obama MIA!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>1942? Must've been his certificate of death.
did you see the date it was issued?

June 20, 1991.

so going by the standard birther standard: Ron was 13 when he died.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
I expect we will never hear the word 'birther' again from rightwingers if Ted Cruz, born in Canada, wins the Republican nomination.
"Who, what, where? ah we were just kidding we knew Obama's birth certificate was legit the entire time plus his mother was a citizen so he must have been eligible."
i was just getting to that....

Ted Cruz's Candidacy Would Be Awkward For Birthers

The Constitution likely allows Canadian-born Ted Cruz to run for President but birthers may disagree.

In 2008,“birthers” vehemently and strenuously argued that Barack Obama could not be President. They asserted that the President, whose mother was a citizen but whose father was not, was born in Kenya and therefore could not be a “natural born citizen” as required by Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution. Of course, President Obama was born in Hawaii so the debate seemed irrelevant---a matter best left to the conspiracy theorists and Donald Trump. It isn’t anymore.

First-term Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), who is already considered a 2016 contender, was born in Canada to a mother who was an American citizen and a father who was then a citizen of Cuba. It’s the exact same fact pattern: foreign birth, citizen mother, non-citizen father that birthers thought applied to Obama. The only difference is that this time it’s true.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt refers to the primary meaning of "decimate", not the popular culture corruption.
Galt is still waiting for Governor Moonbeam's high speed rail from Bakersfield to Modesto.
Hey pal, that was supposed to be Florida's high speed rail project__from Orlando to Tampa and your boy Scott killed it so the geniuses in Washington shifted the funds to the Golden State.

Imagine cruising along at 140mph on a frickin train when a wee 3.0 magnitude earth quake causes the rails to separate a few inches.

Oh My!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and he's got the hots for Oily Taint. She's Galt's attorney and his dentist.
'Please Orly, just one more button.'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min number four 224,174
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Fight On 26,672
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr The_Box 305,088
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 23 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••