Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497487 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965669 Aug 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> American seniors saved close to 700 million dollars thanks to the Obamacare reforms of the Prescription Drug Plan Part D to make it fully-paid for and reducing waste, abuse, and overcharging by doctors ,and hospitals, of seniors medical billing.
BS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965670 Aug 17, 2013
Lula wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen an African American. Oxymoron?
My granddaughter is African American. Her father was raised in South Africa before his family immigrated here.

She's also blonde and blue-eyed ... just like her dad.

Whatta cutie!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965671 Aug 17, 2013
Judge: California high-speed rail violates initiative

KTVU-AP

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—

A Sacramento County judge dealt a major blow to California's high-speed rail project Friday, ruling that the agency overseeing the bullet train failed to comply with the financial and environmental promises made to voters when they approved initial funding for the project five years ago.

Superior Court Judge Michael Kenny said the California High-Speed Rail Authority "abused its discretion by approving a funding plan that did not comply with the requirements of the law" and has failed to identify "sources of funds that were more than merely theoretically possible."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965672 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean "postponing" the employer mandate?
If you're going to discuss with me you need to use real terms, not your made up ones. When i come to a made up term I stop reading. That's why I rarely finish Carol's posts.
My mistake, but the corruption of the process remains.

When employees receive premium subsidies to which they are not entitled because the postponement of the employer mandate delays the verification mechanism, how will the government ever recover the money?

Galt has no problem with proceeding with the entire program (dooming it to failure) or delaying the entire program (including the tax increases), but not picking and choosing which elements to enact.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965673 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's approvals on the economy, jobs, the federal deficit and health care are dismal.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/163985/obama-econo...
He's dropped in percentage points on every issue - as much as 7% on the economy.
Even GWB had higher approvals during the same time in his second term during the middle of the Iraq War.
not to worry.

despite what you FOXbots would have us all believe....the economy is improving.

and a war president, after an attack on our own soil, would have nothing but high approval ratings.

which just makes Bush's giant drop in approval over 8 years all that more compelling.

Location hidden

#965674 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's mistake was to promise people in those countries more than he could deliver.
In Egypt, his biggest mistake was demanding that Mubarak leave office, without any suitable replacement.
Galt understands that you disapprove of our military intervention in Libya. Correct?
In summary, we would be better off if Obama had done nothing.
But the best is yet to come in Syria.
Unless you give him a free pass for incompetence just because he is black?
He sometimes seems compelled to bow to the barking for intervention, mostly from your side. Maybe y'all should just shut the fck up about intervention or quit claiming you want a small, constitutional government.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965675 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't learn the right lesson from Perot. They just learned to be bigger cheaters and liars.
That was different because Perot was an idiot who entered the race because of personal hatred for George Bush and did not present a credible alternative for anything.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965676 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Barr was a very poor candidate, bitter at being redistricted out of office. The Libertarian Party should try hard to recruit someone of stature
Tenzing's favorite person and fellow Libertarian, Glenn Beck, interviewed Bob Barr for an entire hour on his show.

Who would've ever thought Tenzing would be simpatico politically with Glenn Beck?

Maybe Tenzing is really more liberal than libertarian than he wants to admit?

Location hidden

#965677 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Embassies have been attacked as far back as Johnson and Carter. In your haze of confusion, you fail to acknowledge these embassies were not intentionally left unsecured and that a cover up ensued.
All this president had to do was tell the truth to the American people from day one.
We wouldn't be talking about it now.
"intentionally left unsecured"???

Gonna have to prove that one.

Location hidden

#965678 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's approvals on the economy, jobs, the federal deficit and health care are dismal.
He's dropped in percentage points on every issue - as much as 7% on the economy.
Even GWB had higher approvals during the same time in his second term during the middle of the Iraq War.
I don't think you can start crowing about how your side is better until he drops below W. Bush, the reigning loser.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965679 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Advisors like this guy are why Romney ran a timid campaign and lost.
Attack, attack, attack.....
So then, what your saying is that both McCain and Romney had weak/clueless/etc. campaign advisers, right?

The first test of a POTUS is getting elected.

Location hidden

#965680 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama already intervened in Egypt, creating the crisis.
At this point the US should just suspend military aid to Egypt and let them resolve their own problems in their traditional manner.
I told you I stop reading at the first lie: Obama created the crisis in Egypt?

Orlando, FL

#965681 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a chicken and egg thing. They won't attract stronger candidates 'til they get better numbers. They can't get better numbers as long as the Demopublicans make all the rules. The only way they can increase their numbers is through people like me doing what I'm doing.
Tenzing's favorite person and fellow Libertarian, Glenn Beck, interviewed Bob Barr for an entire hour on his show.

Who would've ever thought you would be simpatico politically with Glenn Beck, a fellow Libertarian?

His hour long interview with Bob Barr in 2008:

Location hidden

#965682 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, once again - in case this didn't post the first time.
Obama's approvals on every issue has dropped in the polls - as much as 7% on the economy.
Even GWB had higher approvals at the same time in his second term during the middle of the Iraq War.
Actually, W's were about the same as Obama's at the same point in his 2nd term, around 45%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidentia...

Location hidden

#965683 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That was different because Perot was an idiot who entered the race because of personal hatred for George Bush and did not present a credible alternative for anything.
Is that why he ran again in '96? He hated GHW that much?

Orlando, FL

#965684 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then address it again 'cause I'm not going on another wild goose chase.
I do too much for you for you and it usually ends up being a lie anyway.
I did. Post #965628. This morning.

Did you see it?

Location hidden

#965685 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EvzEbjY2BjQXX
Who would've ever thought Tenzing would be simpatico politically with Glenn Beck?
Maybe Tenzing is really more liberal than libertarian than he wants to admit?
You already know that I regard Beck a poseur who doesn't understand the first thing about libertarianism. He's a major reason there are so many cluefucked, big-government right-wingers who are under the delusion that they're libertarian.

"I'm mostly libertarian except when it comes to American Imperialism and trampling individual liberty. Well, I guess I'm just mostly libertarian when it comes to guns and only guns."
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965686 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama himself is not allowing ObamaKKKare to run its course, because that would sink the DemoKKKrats in 2014.
Eliminating the employer mandate, eliminating the cap, and putting premium subsidies on the honor system, all without benefit of legislation.
The plan was designed to come on line slowly and has plenty of room for adjustments as the needs appear.

My circle of friends includes family and then fellow members of three good sized civic organizations__I'm not hearing the nonsense that appears on this thread in real life except from old timers without a clue, persons who hate Obama, and a few young folks who've been going without coverage and "could" soon be forced to purchase a suitable plan or face a penalty.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965687 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But he had cute charts and terrific sayings, my favorite "every time THEY pass a law YOU lose a little more freedom."

Remember his Pacific Rim spiel???

Guess what!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#965688 Aug 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
Muslim Brotherhood leader's son killed in Egypt clashes!! Ammar Badie, son of Mohammed Badie, was shot dead in Cairo!! I’m waiting for Obama to step up to the podium and tell the American People’ if he had a son he’ll look just like Ammar!’
Amb. Dennis Ross said that we should let the Other Egyptians wipe out the Muslim Brotherhood who want a strong Islamic State and he said that Military has taken the stand against the Muslim Brotherhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 min Rshermr 10,959
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr LongerPharts 32,752
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 8 hr LongPhartz 95
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr Hedonist Heretic 258,481
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr ThomasA 313,372
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web