Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460394 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964535 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
It just keeps getting worse....
NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...
Perhaps those treasonous scumbags should read the Constitution:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
What this means is the government just can't start investigating some rodeo clown just because he wore some mask of a president.
"I ain't got a dime. But, what I got is mine.
I ain't rich. But, Lord, I'm free."
Ask Tuffy Gessling if that is still true here.
The good news is liberals and blacks, both democrat and republican, are condemning the NAACP for making such a big issue out of this rodeo clown.

Thank goodness.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#964536 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>why?

National GOP endorses 9/11 truther for Congress

IMO, the GOP is going to lose badly if this is the kind flotsam they feel is qualified to represent the American people in Congress.

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php...
Democrats endorse Bush Conspiracy wackos in stare senate.

Both Parties Have Their Fanatics
By David Paul Kuhn
Fully 35 percent of Democrats believe George W. Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Fully 28 percent of Republicans believe Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States.
Meet the fanatical third.

RECEIVE NEWS ALERTS

David Paul Kuhn RealClearPolitics
Democrats Republicans
The tale of two conspiracy theories is the tale of the most polarized among us. The two statistics are based on a poll apiece. Neither is an exact measure. Yet, lots of liberals say take the "birther" poll on face value. Lots of conservatives say take the "truther" poll on face value. So let's listen to both sides.
The unsurprising conclusion: you can't reason with arch partisans.

Marengo, OH

#964537 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>why?

National GOP endorses 9/11 truther for Congress

IMO, the GOP is going to lose badly if this is the kind flotsam they feel is qualified to represent the American people in Congress.

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php...
Both Parties Have Their Fanatics
By David Paul Kuhn
Fully 35 percent of Democrats believe George W. Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Fully 28 percent of Republicans believe Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States.
Meet the fanatical third.

RECEIVE NEWS ALERTS

David Paul Kuhn RealClearPolitics
Democrats Republicans
The tale of two conspiracy theories is the tale of the most polarized among us. The two statistics are based on a poll apiece. Neither is an exact measure. Yet, lots of liberals say take the "birther" poll on face value. Lots of conservatives say take the "truther" poll on face value. So let's listen to both sides.
The unsurprising conclusion: you can't reason with arch partisans.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964538 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Barack Obama last weekend at the Missouri State Fair was a disappointing episode for the Show-Me State, a White House spokesman said Wednesday.
Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said that he had no reaction to the clown from Obama. But Earnest, a native Missourian, indicated that he was disappointed with the attention the clown has brought to his state.
"I can tell you as a native Missourian, it's certainly not one of the finer moments for our state and not the way that I like to see our state mentioned in the news," Earnest said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
What about the rodeo clown that wore a hillary clinton mask?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964539 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
What are the chances that Obama had a passport from Kenya used to enroll in kindergarten in Hawaii?
I think pretty much near zero son.

But it's still higher than the chances of you being intelligent!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964540 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard you yelling the first time.
i try not to get into any kind of prolonged back and forth with folks who seem to need medication.
maybe you haven't heard that there's this deficit sucking program called Medicare Part D that will give you medicine that I payed for. if i were you i'd be all over it. you have my taxpayer blessings.
You forgot to mention that deficit sucking program to pay for Janet Napolitano to build a giant war machine to wage war against the American people, while at the same time there wasn't enough money to pay for hot chow to be sent to the field for the troops on the front line in Afghanistan.

Marengo, OH

#964541 Aug 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>there were only 3 people in that group. Now you're moving the goal line.
There are four now!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964542 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Democrats programming voting machines to steal votes will help?
It would appear the cons programming to eliminate votes is working son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964543 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Correctly, the obviously fraudulent birth certificate being shown on the White House website didn't exist until after Obama was named president.
Show us the real birth certificate and this issue disappears faster than a male page being thrown off Barney Frank's New York hotel balcony.
lol! And yet you can't tell what a real one looks like!

Marengo, OH

#964544 Aug 15, 2013
republicans r 4 the rich wrote:
Go Obama !
I had never had a job from a welfare Liberal scum like you.

All my good paying jobs came from rich people.

God bless rich people who buy my Lexus!!!

So I can feed my family even not 50% is stolen from me by Liberal thieves in a form called Taxes.

Marengo, OH

#964545 Aug 15, 2013
republicans r 4 the rich wrote:
Go Obama !
Conservatives love progress so they want everyone to be rich.

Liberals hate the rich so they want everyone to be poor.

Everyone equally miserable poor is the only FAIR thing to do, Liberals say!

Marengo, OH

#964546 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I say every day. Go Obama. Go now.
LOL!!!

See? Liberals are always wrong even when they are not wrong!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964547 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do ya think the republicans might be the reason the dems are unhappy?
I know you'd love to believe that. But a general dissatisfaction about the direction of the country usually has more to do with those who hold the most power - and that's a sitting president.

Then there's the Democratic-controlled Senate for the past five years too.

Marengo, OH

#964548 Aug 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Sad to say, but it is possible to obtain degrees from many college without showing up for class on any regular basis. Just pass the final exam.
Saudi Arabia paid for him via the Black Panther via Rev. Wright!

Just follow the money!!!
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964549 Aug 15, 2013
And whatever the mainstream media writes about the high unemployment rate and how many Americans have give up looking, it better not write the truth about how ObamaCare contributes to this.

The media is wise to not report that

74% of small-business owners say they have or intend to reduce hours, or fire people, or simply not hire as a result of ObamaCare.

And, according to Investor's Business Daily, ObamaCare also gives incentives to employees to accept fewer hours: "Some 2.3 million workers might have their hours cut due to ObamaCare's employer mandates, even if there's no negative impact on total hours worked, a recent study from the University of California at Berkeley Labor Center estimated.

The other part of the equation involves more government benefits for those facing shorter hours. This will come starting in 2014 from ObamaCare health subsidies. Households working less may also get additional benefits, such as food stamps."

Obama's proud of beingknown as The Food Stamp President.

He wants 2 green cars in every driveway (although they are unaffordable) and a chicken purchased with Foodstamps in every pot and pot in every house.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964550 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Barack Obama last weekend at the Missouri State Fair was a disappointing episode for the Show-Me State, a White House spokesman said Wednesday.
Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said that he had no reaction to the clown from Obama. But Earnest, a native Missourian, indicated that he was disappointed with the attention the clown has brought to his state.
"I can tell you as a native Missourian, it's certainly not one of the finer moments for our state and not the way that I like to see our state mentioned in the news," Earnest said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

"A Facebook group created Monday for Tuffy Gessling, the rodeo clown who was banned for life from the Missouri State Fair for wearing a President Obama mask during Saturday’s bull-riding event, has already gained more than 30,000 supporters who think he has been treated unfairly. The page reached nearly 17,000 likes the day it was created alone."

Your supposed "source" seems to be alone in his thoughts.

"I ain't got a dime. But, what I got is mine.
I ain't rich. But, Lord, I'm free."

Ask Tuffy Gessling if this is still true.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964551 Aug 15, 2013
Rightwingers would say that CNN's head-in-the-sand piece on youthful joblessness serves as the latest example of the pro-Obama media's failure, blindness and unwillingness to see and state the obvious.

And those screwy Tea Partiers say that by historical standards, this recovery stinks.

And to understand why requires a repudiation of the very foundation of leftism.

Leftists believe that enlightened government bureaucrats -- meaning themselves -- possess both the power to redistribute wealth from the undeserving to the deserving and the wisdom to know the difference.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964552 Aug 15, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on this. Your teabaggers have slowed America's recovery from the Bush recession.
Mission accomplished!
The only positive element of the so-called recovery has been the stock market, and that is now going into the tank.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964553 Aug 15, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
It can not be called "Bush's war" because Liberals in Congress approved and authorized him to go to war!
Yes, your own Liberals in Congress!!! Want the names?
But Libya was "Obama's war" because he never asked Congress for approval.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
so you're saying no republicans voted for the Iraq war? and the democrats were the ones who suggested it?

and as we all know know....the vote was predicated upon lies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964554 Aug 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYONE should be responsible enough to carry health insurance. Unfortunately too citizens are of the carefree, devil-may-care mentality which requires intervention. By gambling on your good health, you put all of us at risk of covering your emergency care at at later date. IMO, charging you $1,050 a year for your stupidity is justified.
The "number" for those of us who are responsible adults is the cost we pay for our insurance and with it, our peace of mind. What I would really like to see is people like you denied access at the emergency room door.
Everyone should be responsible to pay for their own medical care, by whatever means they choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Into The Night 258,049
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr The Bronx Brown S... 312,860
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web