Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236421 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963840 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly said using the term "Spade" in talking about a black person. "Spade" , like "boy" not in reference to a black person is not a slur.
You & your pal Eman work hard to be make racial slurs acceptable.
"The dumbass doth protest too much, methinks."

Have fun playing the race card. No one takes you seriously anyway.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#963841 Aug 14, 2013
Well it is about time! A liberal judge has ruled against NYPD's Stop & Frisk Program, which is good news because we liberal Democrats will finally be able to claim we've created employment.

It is very good news for some people.

Take criminals. It will be safer for them to carry guns and their business of being Professional Redistributors will improve.

Ambulance drivers, emergency room doctors and undertakers also benefit, as more guns and crime mean more customers.

Grave diggers will get a bump, too.

Defense lawyers, bail bondsmen and prison guards also stand to gain. With the fall in violent crime accompanied by a second miracle — a drop in incarceration rates — the prison-industrial complex has been shrinking.

But rising crime will put more people behind bars, and be a boon for criminal justice workers.

This is a proud moment for all liberal Democrats!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963842 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama is President because George W Bush & the Republicans SUCKED.
Only stupid people would put the party back in office that took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years.
If Republicans would have maintained the balanced budget, not doubled the debt, not gone into Iraq, maintained the economy, McCain would have easily won.
In case you hadn't noticed, there's been another election since then. Stupid liberal.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963843 Aug 14, 2013
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? Tonto think "carol" is man. A woman like her would be in tears by now.
(I'm going to pretend like I actually saw and read this post - just this once.)

A lot of women like "carol" have common sense and stand for something. We respect and look up to real men who do as well.

You wouldn't know anything about being a real man outside of thinking your penis has a brain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963844 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone posts a slur.
I call them out for it.
You chime in saying how it wasn't a slur or you blab about me being a racist for calling them out. That is defending & giving cover to people who post slurs.
f you were really this no racist, you would agree with me on these slurs.
But you don't. Instead you defend & provide cover for racist slurs on this thread.
Concrete evidence of actual slur, dumbass liar.

Your side posts racist comments snd bigoted ststements and you don't say a word, dumbass bigoted racist.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#963845 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wayne Allyn Root is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee and the author of “The Conscience of a Libertarian". He was also a graduate of 1983 at Columbia and would have been a classmate of Obama's. He wrote this:
"If anyone should have questions about Obama’s record at Columbia University, it’s me. We both graduated (according to Obama) Columbia University, Class of ’83. We were both (according to Obama) Pre-Law and Political Science majors. And I thought I knew most everyone at Columbia. I certainly thought I’d heard of all of my fellow Political Science majors. But not Obama (or as he was known then- Barry Soetoro). I never met him. Never saw him. Never even heard of him. And none of the classmates that I knew at Columbia have ever met him, saw him, or heard of him.
"But don’t take my word for it. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2008 that Fox News randomly called 400 of our Columbia classmates and never found one who had ever met Obama."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221088813867...
Stephanopoulos of ABC news said the same thing during the 08' campaign. He too was a classmate of BO's at Columbia class of 1984. He said he never had one class with him.
Seems everyone knew everyone in this particular major at Columbia. Just not Obama.
Root is batsht crazy not to mention a sociopath__and like you he lies about subjects that can be quickly debunked.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#963846 Aug 14, 2013
The biggest advocate for Obamacare Unions/Federal Employees wants nothing to do with Obamacare!! Less than 3 percent of U.S. federal workers want to give up their current health plans and join Obamacare, according to a new poll…. WHAT’S UP?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963847 Aug 14, 2013
I tell you want go back and read just the rightwing posts from the last few pages and you will quickly realize just how fcking stupid rightwingers really are. Good morning everyone.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963848 Aug 14, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If the Republican Governor of Michigan can't bother to do his job , like he is supposed to, in making the preparations in his own state for Obamacare, expand Medicaid , and implement the healthcare reforms in it then it's his own miserable fault. The Republican Governor of Michigan would rather give the wealthy , Detroit billionaire owner of the Red Wings millions of dollars to build a ice arena then give poor people in Detroit affordable Obamacare.
And now for the truth

"The Michigan Strategic Fund Board approved the Detroit Downtown Development Authority's request to use economic development taxes for the project. The board also took a preliminary step toward issuing $450 million in bonds to build the arena, to be paid off in no more than 30 years by the Red Wings' owner and the city.Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch has long wanted a replacement for the 32-year-old Joe Louis Arena located a few miles away. The new complex would be close to the Lions' Ford Field and Tigers' Comerica Park near Interstate 75 and Woodward Avenue.Under the plan, the authority would own the arena and event center complex. The Red Wings' owner would have exclusive rights to use, manage and operate it, and hold naming rights.No new taxes or funds from the cash-strapped city would be needed"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963849 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Fogbow is an organized gathering of intelligent light that shines into the dark corners of the Internet. We debunk the conspiracy theories of the Birthers and keep a sharp eye on various other fringe groups who use the Web to spread falsehoods and intolerance.
A fogbow is formed when sunlight strikes fog. Our mission is to strike sunlight on the dark miasma of hatred, suspicion and lies that took form during the 2008 presidential election and still spreads today. We challenge unsupported conspiracy theories and monitor potentially violent fringe groups. Join our forum to participate in the discussion, or just to follow along.
We mock, we snark, we have fun. We examine the merits of arguments in ongoing court cases. We give you indisputable debunking material. We provide accurate and important information to journalists and law enforcement.
http://www.thefogbow.com/about/
Why didn't they just say "we're a bunch of left wing loonies"? Coulda saved a bunch of typing.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963850 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
I tell you want go back and read just the rightwing posts from the last few pages and you will quickly realize just how fcking stupid rightwingers really are. Good morning everyone.
Good morning to you homo, you filthy phag. Why dont you start the day off right, and go eat all the paint chips you can find in the garage (again).....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963851 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Concrete evidence of actual slur, dumbass liar.
Your side posts racist comments snd bigoted ststements and you don't say a word, dumbass bigoted racist.
Dumb dave is the gayest crybaby negro this Nation has ever spawned....
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#963852 Aug 14, 2013
GAO Investigation: Planned Parenthood Funded Hundreds of Millions of Dollars To Murder Nearly 1 Million Babies In Last 3-Years?

http://intellihub.com/2013/08/13/gao-investig...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963853 Aug 14, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>But only liberals can get away with saying such things.
Because when we liberals say racist things, it's just excused out of hand as if it's no big deal.
If Dick Cheney had said, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man" instead of Joe Biden, you'd read about it every time he criticized Barack Obama.
When Christopher Dodd said,“I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former Ku Klux Klan recruiter] that he would have been a great senator at any moment.... He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation,” it was shrugged off.
On the other hand, Trent Lott ended up resigning from the GOP leadership for making very similar comments about Strom Thurmond.
You Sir are a GREAT American, and emblematic of dumocrats across the globe.

I look forward to the possibility of you joining forces with fellow topix poster Harry Reid for the "Harry Weiner 2016" ticket. It cant be stopped.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963854 Aug 14, 2013
Ok leftist phags, its time for your morning ebonics lesson!!

The word for today is "federation". Now, lets use it in a sentence:

"ah coulda gits a whole meal, but we gits federation".....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#963855 Aug 14, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I just don't understand how the mainstream media who can find out what Romney did on any given day between fourth and fifth period in Junior High and a media that can find out in great detail about every single date Sarah Palin had in her Senior year can't find people who actually saw or knew Obama at any time he was supposed to be attending any large university. Nope, I just don't get it.
It's understandable, you're confusion. But I finally figured it out.

We're headed toward totalitarianism and the liberal media decides who gets to control us. The easily led make their job a cakewalk.

They ignore the danger that will bring us down - the media's propaganda - and elect a captain who's never steered anything bigger than a rowboat before and his crew who have a long history of capsizing every boat they've ever been on.

The liberals elect Popeye because the liberal media convinced them it was only an ice cube ahead.

So get ready for the collision. Unless the liberals finally decide to mutiny along with the rest of us.

Hope that helps. It's the only thing that makes any sense of it to me anyway.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963856 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So, how do you register for school without a birth certificate?
Get real, illegals do it all the time.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963857 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
Watch out everyone. Homer is otr.

Morning, homey.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#963858 Aug 14, 2013
Bono understands Economic…Bono capitalism takes you out of poverty while aid/welfare holds you hostage, keeping you in Poverty takes away once man/women dignity!! Bono opinion doesn’t fir the Liberal narrative so I guess no more WH invites!!

Orlando, FL

#963859 Aug 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Root is batsht crazy not to mention a sociopath__and like you he lies about subjects that can be quickly debunked.
Will you ever stop shaming yourself?

You provide no proof of your accusations and then accuse Tenzing of voting for a "batsht crazy sociopath".

Root was the 2008 Libertarian vice presidential candidate alongside Libertarian nominee Bob Barr.

Tenzing voted for Bob Barr. That means he also voted for Root.

So are you saying Tenzing is "batsht crazy" too?

It's just anyone who joins the Republican Party and has an "R" by their name instead of an "L" and also believes in smaller government and accountability who must be diminished. Correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 min OzRitz 5,753
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min New Age Spiritual... 239,952
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr sassyjm 310,002
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr stewart scott 29,781
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web