Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480000 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#962968 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying you used "black" to insult me? Racis pig!
Pots & kettles do not have a race.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#962969 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What does her hair color have to do with anything?
Obama was probably adopted. His birth shouldn't matter.
His purpose and actions as President are important when
what he does effects all of us. Get it done.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962970 Aug 12, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
You birthers have no credibility . I realize logic isn't something stressed in your circle but explain why a white, blonde,pregnant 20 year old , living with her parents in Hawaii would fly 15,000 miles to Africa simply to give birth then immediately fly 15,000 miles back to Hawaii? I know, to you this makes perfect sense
Have your tap water checked for hallucinogens.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#962972 Aug 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pots & kettles do not have a race.
Neither do spades, but that didn't stop you from calling someone a racist for using that phrase. You live by the sword, die by it, racist pig!
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#962973 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What does her hair color have to do with anything?
A huge part of the responsibility of many of these various obstacles we are faced with originates with the ever increasing inequality that republicans have for tens of decades have been producing through their “Austerity” policies and economics. Observe the two parties as to how they contributed to our nation. Hey what the heck you can make money by comprehending these simple numbers. For inequality note the income gap generator. Greater the inequality to distributions the bigger the bear..
You can not decipher the differences of the two parties? Exposing a lack of…?
Want to make some money on stock markets. Play the numbers..
How to go long on Markets. Simply observe the party in power.{R right wing} Play Bear ,{D left wing} Play Bull simple as that.
A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions..
.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#962974 Aug 12, 2013
There are several movements to pass a Constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision. The Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United handed America to the rich. Passing a Constitutional amendment is one way to get it back without having to try and buy it back... because we'll never beat the rich at that game. 16 states have passed resolutions calling for Congress to pass a Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United, including red states like Montana and West Virginia. Putting an end to Citizens United is one of the few things that really makes citizens united!

Randi Rhodes

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962976 Aug 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Epic fail, once again. We do marvel a your consistency.
Here you go - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HPNr_IeGKRA/US11tfB...
Even little girls recognize you: http://tinyurl.com/k96pcr5

And Zoo Keepers: http://tinyurl.com/lhrq8t8
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#962977 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
More national enquier caliber reporting from lily.
Upon being rescued by the fishing boat, they were transferred to a Japanese cargo ship which arrived in Chile two weeks later. The US Embassy there then arranged for the family to be flown back home to Arizona, presumably on the government’s dime, which wouldn’t be possible without taxes. Taxes also pay the US Coast Guard, which gladly kept relatives informed of where the Gastonguays were and how they were doing. One thing that taxes do not pay for is abortion, all because of the Hyde Amendment which forbids federal tax dollars from being used to fund the procedure.

As for homosexuality and abortion, both are protected by the Constitution. The Constitution, which unlike the Bible is the true law of the land in America, protects the equal rights of all people, even a gay person’s right to get married and be treated fairly. It also protects women’s privacy and personal liberty, thus protecting the right to choose. Also, if the Gastonguays actually paid attention, they would know that churches aren’t controlled by the state due to the fact that there is a wall of separation between the two. Churches aren’t taxed either.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/12/chris...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#962978 Aug 12, 2013
To be sure, the Gastonguay family had a long and eventful journey. But their story makes one wonder why more conservative Christians aren’t following their lead. Surely they would enjoy living in other nations such as Russia, where gays are outlawed. Or Somalia, where government is powerless and guns are everywhere. Or perhaps they’d be much happier in Iran, where women are oppressed and there is a state religion. Or maybe even North Korea, where the poor starve and massive military budgets are the norm.

See a pattern? All of these nations have values that run contrary to our constitutional ideals but fall in line with the ideals of the extremist conservatives of today. America would more than likely be much better off if conservatives sailed away like the Gastonguays to places where they can feel right at home oppressing people and forcing their beliefs on others. Then they can stop bitching about taxes, gays, and women’s rights, and the rest of us can get on with moving this country forward.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/12/chris...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962979 Aug 12, 2013
Holder Rolls Back Laws From Reagan's 'War on Drugs'

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/holder-manda...

Why? Because the Magic Negro's sons get caught too much. That's why.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#962980 Aug 12, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
You birthers have no credibility . I realize logic isn't something stressed in your circle but explain why a white, blonde,pregnant 20 year old , living with her parents in Hawaii would fly 15,000 miles to Africa simply to give birth then immediately fly 15,000 miles back to Hawaii? I know, to you this makes perfect sense
It's a real simple question.

What is the name on the supposed diploma Obama supposedly received from Columbia?

Got a problem there, don't you?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962981 Aug 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was probably adopted. His birth shouldn't matter.
His purpose and actions as President are important when
what he does effects all of us. Get it done.
The Magic Negro wasn't adopted.

He was placed by Allah.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#962982 Aug 12, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
You birthers have no credibility . I realize logic isn't something stressed in your circle but explain why a white, blonde,pregnant 20 year old , living with her parents in Hawaii would fly 15,000 miles to Africa simply to give birth then immediately fly 15,000 miles back to Hawaii? I know, to you this makes perfect sense
Because that's where her muslim husband was from, dufus. You do know about the extreme patriarchal traditions among third world societies, don't you?

I've got a better question for you. Why would a woman who just gave birth in Kenya do anything possible to make it appear as if her baby was born in the United States?
The answer to that should be obvious.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#962983 Aug 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Upon being rescued by the fishing boat, they were transferred to a Japanese cargo ship which arrived in Chile two weeks later. The US Embassy there then arranged for the family to be flown back home to Arizona, presumably on the government’s dime, which wouldn’t be possible without taxes. Taxes also pay the US Coast Guard, which gladly kept relatives informed of where the Gastonguays were and how they were doing. One thing that taxes do not pay for is abortion, all because of the Hyde Amendment which forbids federal tax dollars from being used to fund the procedure.
As for homosexuality and abortion, both are protected by the Constitution. The Constitution, which unlike the Bible is the true law of the land in America, protects the equal rights of all people, even a gay person’s right to get married and be treated fairly. It also protects women’s privacy and personal liberty, thus protecting the right to choose. Also, if the Gastonguays actually paid attention, they would know that churches aren’t controlled by the state due to the fact that there is a wall of separation between the two. Churches aren’t taxed either.
Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/12/chris...
Are you sure they were rescued by the lock ness monster?
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#962984 Aug 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure Republicans are already preparing to fight fire with fire in 2016. And going to the people to give them the right message loud and clear. They figured most people were just smart enough to figure out another four years would be disastrous in 2012.
But they know now a lot of people apparently aren't. Some people need to see a good fight with the best man/party winning.
If Obamacare is the disaster everyone expects it to be, the fight can be won with one hand behind the Republican candidate's back.
The biggest fight will be mano-a-mano with the liberal media. Everyone is now on to them big time.
No more Mr. Nice Guy.
I think you're being delusional Carol. For one thing the economy is making a recovery. I read an article in USA Today that reported that auto parts manufacturers are going pedal to the metals to keep up with demand from American auto makers who are turning out vehicles in almost record numbers. Home prices are on the rise and many families are no longer under water.
As for Obamacare I think you're going to be very disappointed. As more people realize and receive the benefits from it it's going to gain in popularity and are going to realize that the right wing was lying to them about it.
As long as you tea party types control the GOP they won't be able to mount a credible candidate for a nationwide race. Look at what happened in 2012. You had one viable candidate in John Huntsman but he wasn't crazy extreme enough for you. So you went through a group of clowns and buffoons and had to settle for a chameleon who demonstrated not only was a sociopath and a liar but couldn't connect to ordinary people.
This time the most credible candidate id Chris Christie but he's going to be rejected for the unpardonable sin of giving Barack Obama credit for the way the federal government handled Hurricane Sandy. You've got Marco Rubio but again the right wing is going to reject him because he tried to reach across the aisle on immigration reform. So you've got extremists like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and a proven liar like Paul Ryan.
I'm afraid it won't even be close.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#962985 Aug 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
To be sure, the Gastonguay family had a long and eventful journey. But their story makes one wonder why more conservative Christians aren’t following their lead. Surely they would enjoy living in other nations such as Russia, where gays are outlawed. Or Somalia, where government is powerless and guns are everywhere. Or perhaps they’d be much happier in Iran, where women are oppressed and there is a state religion. Or maybe even North Korea, where the poor starve and massive military budgets are the norm.
See a pattern? All of these nations have values that run contrary to our constitutional ideals but fall in line with the ideals of the extremist conservatives of today. America would more than likely be much better off if conservatives sailed away like the Gastonguays to places where they can feel right at home oppressing people and forcing their beliefs on others. Then they can stop bitching about taxes, gays, and women’s rights, and the rest of us can get on with moving this country forward.
Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/12/chris...
Let's talk about some crazy family no one has heard of to make a point about moving the country forward. You liberals are so bright, this story is sure to have a huge impact on the daily lives of Americans.
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#962986 Aug 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's where her muslim husband was from, dufus. You do know about the extreme patriarchal traditions among third world societies, don't you?
I've got a better question for you. Why would a woman who just gave birth in Kenya do anything possible to make it appear as if her baby was born in the United States?
The answer to that should be obvious.
The only thing that's obvious is that you're delusional. I mean when the likes of Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter think you birthers are nuts then you're way out in the deep end.
You're an idiot DB!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#962987 Aug 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about 20,000 people just from New York alone since 2009. That number has certainly grown in the past four years and the exodus back to the south has been happening in other major cities in the East and Midwest over the same amount of time.
States rights would have dictated the end of Democrat oppression in the south without the federal government being involved. Trust me.
No one can 'trust' you because you don't know what you're talking about. "States Rights" was code words in the 60's for Southern racists like Strom Thurmond and George Wallace who wanted to fight against desegregation and civil rights for African-Americans.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#962988 Aug 12, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
A huge part of the responsibility of many of these various obstacles we are faced with originates with the ever increasing inequality that republicans have for tens of decades have been producing through their “Austerity” policies and economics. Observe the two parties as to how they contributed to our nation. Hey what the heck you can make money by comprehending these simple numbers. For inequality note the income gap generator. Greater the inequality to distributions the bigger the bear..
You can not decipher the differences of the two parties? Exposing a lack of…?
Want to make some money on stock markets. Play the numbers..
How to go long on Markets. Simply observe the party in power.{R right wing} Play Bear ,{D left wing} Play Bull simple as that.
A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions..
.
I'm guessing you really, really want to answer this question:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You have to identify a source of actual money to answer the question. To date, nobody on Earth has been able to answer that question.

And, Democrats tend to overinflate the value of the dollar. When things start to come back to reality, they are tossed out on their asses and a Republican has to start all over again from the trash heap the Democrats left.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#962989 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do spades, but that didn't stop you from calling someone a racist for using that phrase. You live by the sword, die by it, racist pig!
Spades alone, no.

Spades in reference to a black person, yes.

I realize how much you love to use slurs.

When I get out of the shower i have a wet back. This is not a slur.

When I use the term "wetback" in reference to Hispanics, then it is a racial slur.

But Eman, keep defending the slur slingers. Its what you right whiners do best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Frank 10,706
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Trojan 32,714
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Tue Susanm 313,195
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Tue Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Tue louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,892
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jan 15 Rosa_Winkel 258,461
More from around the web