Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417561 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#962395 Aug 10, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can Lois, a submissive Liberal Press and Low IQ voters!!
Was hoping for another reason. But since there doesn't seem to be one, we're really in a heap of trouble.

Unless things have to get so bad, more people start getting it.

It's not that I despise Obama the man if he weren't in a position of power. He would have been a great entertainer, what with his charm and charisma and all. He just missed his calling. Leadership isn't it.
LCN Llin

United States

#962396 Aug 10, 2013
When Peter Welby decided to attend university in Egypt, some of his friends were worried that the move would spell doom for his relationship with Jen Bates, his girlfriend.

Happily, however, absence has made his heart grow even fonder and the son of Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, has proposed to Bates.

“Peter got engaged to a lovely girl two days ago,” says the Archbishop.“That’s been a gradual thing.”

Since Peter moved to Alexandria to study Arabic two years ago, the country has been hit by civil unrest.

The military coup earlier this month that overthrew the democratically elected government of Mohammed Morsi, the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, has heightened religious tensions.
LCN Llin

United States

#962397 Aug 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But his walk and the other survivors who were picked up along with him after the Japanese destroyed the air bases where he was stationed weren't as long as the men who began at Corregidor after the infamous surrender.
He was very fortunate in that way. His three years as a POW not so much. He weighed under 100 pounds when the Americans liberated the POWs.
Thanks for asking.
Three years in this prison was a very long time.

Orlando, FL

#962398 Aug 10, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You definitely need a refresher course on Barack Obama's remarkable accomplishments in such little time at building bridges to the political opposition , like Big Republican powerhouse leaders like John McCain, Richard Lugar , Tom Osborne, John Warner,...'I went to the Congressional Record ( www.thomas.gov ) and did a search for bills sponsored or co-sponsored by Senator Obama in his three short years in the US Senate. I searched the 109th and 110th Congresses which cover the years 2005-2007.
In a nut shell I found:
Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 570 bills in the 109th and 110th Congress.
Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 15 bills that have become LAW since he joined the Senate in 2005.
Senator Obama has also introduced amendments to 50 bills, of which 16 were adopted by the Senate.
His record is in fact quite impressive for a junior Senator from Illinois.'
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/21/4614...
The Boston Globe painted a different picture.

As a state senator, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee coauthored an Illinois law creating a new pool of tax credits for developers. As a US senator, he pressed for increased federal subsidies. But a Globe review found that thousands of apartments across Chicago that had been built with local, state, and federal subsidies - including several hundred in Obama's former district - deteriorated so completely that they were no longer habitable.

Grove Parc and several other prominent failures were developed and managed by Obama's close friends and political supporters. Those people profited from the subsidies even as many of Obama's constituents suffered. Tenants lost their homes; surrounding neighborhoods were blighted.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/20...

According to the article, "Some people in Chicago's poorest neighborhoods are torn between a natural inclination to support Obama and a concern about his relationships with the developers they hold responsible for Chicago's affordable housing failures. Some housing advocates worry that Obama has not learned from those failures."

Willie J.R. Fleming, a former public housing resident said, "I'm not against Barack Obama. What I am against is some of the people around him."

But didn't Obama tell us we would know him by who surrounded him?
LCN Llin

United States

#962399 Aug 10, 2013
Washington Post correspondent Dan Balz, whose new book Collision 2012 provides in-depth reporting and analysis of the last presidential election, says the Romney campaign’s failure to humanize Mitt Romney was an important factor in sealing the candidate’s loss.

Balz tells “The Fine Print” that the more he reported on the campaign, the more “baffled” he became by the Romney team’s “inability to humanize Mitt Romney throughout the entire campaign.”

Balz recalls that it wasn’t until the last night of the Republican National Convention that the campaign revealed the more human side of Romney, when members of his church told a story about Romney helping their son, who had died of cancer.

“Mitt Romney became his friend, helped him write a will,” Balz recalls.“This was as poignant and human a testimony as we ever saw.”

But even after that testimonial, Balz says,“the campaign never did anything with it. They never put it in an ad. They didn't take opportunities.”

Additionally, Balz says the Obama campaign ran a “technically superior” organization and that he was surprised by “the degree to which the Obama operation superseded what they knew that had done in 2008.”

Another “stunning” discovery, Balz says, was “the degree of ambivalence of Mitt Romney” about running for president—an attitude he says Romney had even after forming an exploratory committee.

“I was told in the last summer that there'd been a family vote in late 2010,” Balz says.“There were twelve votes, 10 votes saying he shouldn't run, 2 saying he should. He was one of the 10 who said no.”

Following Romney’s ultimate loss, the former candidate agreed to an interview with Balz. He says it was clear during the interview that Romney was still grappling with the loss and trying “to understand why it had not worked better than it had.”

“There were elements of the campaign that he was still having trouble with,” Balz says.“I think there is also a feeling among a lot of Republicans that he could or should have run a better campaign … and he has to digest that as well.”

For more of the interview with Balz, including what he says the 2012 election shows about campaigns going forward, check out this episode of “The Fine Print.”
shrimp_on_treadm ills

Blanchard, OK

#962401 Aug 10, 2013
girl

United States

#962404 Aug 10, 2013
OBAMA!!!!!!!!!

Orlando, FL

#962406 Aug 10, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
He served 144 days as US Senator before campaigning for President and voted Present 133 TIMES as a US Senator from Illinois!!!!
What's always been odd to me is Obama said in 2004 he was not experienced enough to run for president and would rather wait until he knew what he was doing. He also said he'd have to throw his hat in the ring in 2006 to run in 2008 and would only have served two years in the Senate.

Is it possible to gain the kind of experience needed to be president which he said he wasn't qualified for two years earlier?
shrimp_on_treadm ills

Blanchard, OK

#962407 Aug 10, 2013
Calling Rev Al!!!!

African boy strangles a white girl for her bike!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3721891...

Orlando, FL

#962408 Aug 10, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Three years in this prison was a very long time.
Yes, it was. The POWs looked like survivors of the Holocaust when they were liberated.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#962409 Aug 10, 2013
Anyone who still supports this hapless amateur is an emotionally driven naïve child.
shrimp_on_treadm ills

Blanchard, OK

#962410 Aug 10, 2013
The parade of victims...

Mariah Carey...
Spit on by a white person???

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1421301
shrimp_on_treadm ills

Blanchard, OK

#962411 Aug 10, 2013
10 year old accused of raping a four year old...

Black panthers call it >horse play<

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/new-bl...
shrimp_on_treadm ills

Blanchard, OK

#962412 Aug 10, 2013
Open the borders Liberals say!

Illegal alien in Iowa accused of rape!

http://www.kcrg.com/news/crime/Two-People-Arr...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962414 Aug 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was hoping for another reason. But since there doesn't seem to be one, we're really in a heap of trouble.
Unless things have to get so bad, more people start getting it.
It's not that I despise Obama the man if he weren't in a position of power. He would have been a great entertainer, what with his charm and charisma and all. He just missed his calling. Leadership isn't it.
He'd make a good vacuum cleaner salesman.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#962415 Aug 10, 2013
More black break-ins: http://tinyurl.com/ksguphw
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#962416 Aug 10, 2013
O praise the Lord, all ye nations;
praise Him all ye people.

For his mercy is confirmed upon
us: and the truth of the Lord
re main eth f o r ever.
Your White Daughter

Meridian, MS

#962417 Aug 10, 2013
Iggy Azalea - Work (Explicit)
Watch:

Why do "white people" have copy everything black people do?

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#962418 Aug 10, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
go shine some shoes, Buckwheat.
This is what Lush has taught you. Thanks for making my point.
Your White Daughter

Meridian, MS

#962419 Aug 11, 2013
WTF is wrong with Miley Cyrus? Apparently, "côké whôré" is her new look.
Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
Watch:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 311,599
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 256,542
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr Into The Night 10,059
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Trojan 32,323
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web