Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
881,821 - 881,840 of 1,100,588 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
LCN Llin

United States

#960116 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
August is a significant month for Muslims, Ramadan. Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar.
Concerns are being raised that August 9, this Sunday, could also be significant in light of the heightened terror threats - or anytime this month.
Wonder how Obama would handle the unthinkable. He thought we were all getting along so well and declared al-Qaeda on the run quite a number of times right before the election.
On the run is not defeated.
Republicans supporting security in Islamic World.

teabaggers not so much

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#960117 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing that decision angered neighboring pastors and members of the congregation.
Must be a small confused bunch of people who went along with it.
But don't tell me. You think all Christians are just like them.
Not all, I've known some very good Christians.

But some are just fcked up.

Paul's Church institutionalized child rape and you seem ok with that.

Location hidden

#960118 Aug 5, 2013
shrimp_on_a_treadmill wrote:
I<quoted text>
Wow!
What did you type into Google to find this?
"shrimp_on_a_treadmill "

Why do you ask?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#960119 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans did poorly in the debates ;-)
It's going to be the Democrats turn again in 2016 to defend the past eight years.

Wonder if a commentator will ask Hillary why she made up a story about landing under fire in enemy territory again like in 2008.

Her embarrassment in having to admit her embarrassment was palpable.

This time, she'll be asked why four dead Americans didn't make any difference to her.

Location hidden

#960120 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks might have had a much different outcome had they been allowed to stay on the land they were given before a Democrat, President Andrew Johnson, took it away from them. Sharecropping emerged as a compromise because of him and that decision.
Again, thank a Democrat for the continued oppression of blacks.
Ummmm, no. That's not how it really happened but thanks for playing.

Wikipedia not working for you on this one?

Orlando, FL

#960121 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
On the run is not defeated.
Republicans supporting security in Islamic World.
teabaggers not so much
He described al-Qaeda as having been “decimated,”“on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.

But he wouldn't try and mislead you, would he?

Location hidden

#960122 Aug 5, 2013
Well, end of the day and the right wingers are still wandering the desert looking for 40 acres and a mule and . . . a clue.

Orlando, FL

#960123 Aug 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, no. That's not how it really happened but thanks for playing.
Wikipedia not working for you on this one?
You keep coming back for more. So here it is.

Andrew Johnson became president following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Johnson issued a proclamation of pardon and amnesty to citizens in the South who would take an oath of allegiance.

As part of the pardon process, lands confiscated during the war would be returned to white landowners. So while the Radical Republicans had fully intended for there to be a massive redistribution of land from former slave owners to former slaves under Reconstruction, Johnson's policy effectively thwarted that.

It has been estimated to approximately 40,000 former slaves received grants of land under Sherman's order. But the land was taken away from them.

Denied the opportunity to own their own small farms, most former slaves were forced to live under the system of sharecropping.

Life as a sharecropper generally meant living in poverty. And sharecropping would have been a bitter disappointment to people who once believed they could become independent farmers.

http://history1800s.about.com/od/1800sglossar...

Ready to say "uncle" yet?
LCN Llin

United States

#960124 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going to be the Democrats turn again in 2016 to defend the past eight years.
Wonder if a commentator will ask Hillary why she made up a story about landing under fire in enemy territory again like in 2008.
This time, she'll be asked why four dead Americans didn't make any difference to her.
Hillary won't be the candidate.
She makes more on books and speeches
LCN Llin

United States

#960125 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He described al-Qaeda as having been “decimated,”“on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.
But he wouldn't try and mislead you, would he?
Decimated does not mean destroyed, the word is overused generally.
one in ten.
LCN Llin

United States

#960126 Aug 5, 2013
An intercepted electronic communication in which two of al Qaeda’s top world leaders agreed they “wanted to do something big” this past Sunday is what caused the U.S. government to shut nearly two dozen diplomatic posts around the world, according to intelligence sources.

Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s successor as the head of al Qaeda, and Nasir al-Wahishi, leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, wanted to time a significant attack to a Muslim holiday known as Laylat al-Qadr, the 27th night of Ramadan and the day the Koran was revealed to Mohammed. This year the holiday, also known as the “Night of Destiny" or the "Night of Power,” fell on the weekend of August 3 and 4.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#960128 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans did poorly in the debates ;-)
obots will on 'judgement day'...
They had God out of their 'platform ...
Watch the vote to put it back in !!!
~-~

Tonight, the Democratic National Committee suspended the rules of the convention and inserted language regarding God and the State of Israel back to its platform. They had to vote three times to do it – and they had to lie to deem it passed, even though it was clear that the measure did not pass a voice vote in the chamber. The original 2012 Democratic Party platform had excised all mention of God and Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel.
VIDEO!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#960129 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be opened again too eventually.
Hope Obama has a whole bunch of those remote drones hidden away somewhere. He's made it pretty clear he's not too keen on showing strength or building up our defenses militarily.
Maybe the jerk can recite the Azan while bending over to them again.

Lapeer, MI

#960130 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
August is a significant month for Muslims, Ramadan. Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar.
Concerns are being raised that August 9, this Sunday, could also be significant in light of the heightened terror threats - or anytime this month.
Wonder how Obama would handle the unthinkable. He thought we were all getting along so well and declared al-Qaeda on the run quite a number of times right before the election.
Maybe this is just another one of those phony crisis he talks about.

Lapeer, MI

#960131 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"With all due respect, that's a bunch of malarkey" - Vice President Joe Biden :-)
A laugh-a-minute, that drinking Irishman with the floor-polish teeth, eh?:>

Lapeer, MI

#960132 Aug 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all, I've known some very good Christians.
But some are just fcked up.
Paul's Church institutionalized child rape and you seem ok with that.
Bad childhood, eh?

Too many uncles?

Lapeer, MI

#960133 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, someone will ask why a bimbo on her knees in the Oval Orifice didn't make any difference to her, either.

What does Monica have that Hillary Hog Thighs doesn't?

Credibility maybe?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960134 Aug 5, 2013
Washington Post sold for pocket change.

End of the dead tree media.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960135 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing how that doesn't apply to corporations.
Only crony corporations with worthless products, like Government Motors.

The industry that destroyed Detroit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960136 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! So now you're cheering the establishment!
wow.
No, the House wants to knock The Establishment on its ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min CunningLinguist 226,391
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr DAVID27 305,462
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••