Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#960499 Aug 6, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point Iraq war started on a republican lie similar to Vietnam, which was started on a republican lie as well.
Uhhhh, no. Tonkin Gulf belongs to the D's.

Location hidden

#960500 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>The AMERICAN POLICY in the MIDDLE EAST AND OIL RICH NATIONS have not changed since JIMMY CARTER WHO STARTED IT ALL so THOSE WHO FAIL HISTORY FAIL
IT STARTED WITH THE WITHDRAWAL OF EUROPEAN COLONIALISTS AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL AND THE START OF THE COLD WAR.

Those who type in all-caps are just doomed.

Location hidden

#960501 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
OBAMA is LIKE THE CAPTAIN OF THE CRUISE SHIP CONCORDIA every person for them selves
... if only!

Location hidden

#960502 Aug 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Chuck Hagel is republican like Rand Paul is--it's a shame about how low the GOP has fallen to attack each other --Next you'll hear one of them call another a 'vulture capitalist'--wait! that happened all ready . Thanks Newt!
I've not forgotten how she "schooled" you on sharecropping by bringing up 40 Acres and a Mule. I've come up with this analogy but have yet to use it.

You were talking about giraffes so she produces a picture of an elephant and tells you you don't know what you're talking about.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#960503 Aug 6, 2013
No Rest for the Wicked -

NYC Department of Health Building Infested with Bed Bugs

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#960504 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what that makes you then.
That article clearly stated F&F targeted 17 Republicans to try and get more Republicans on their side because ALL Democrats already were.
Republicans refused to sign the bill and so it didn't work.
What don't you understand about this?
Here. You need to lighten up. Lovebird dances to polka.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/05/lo...
Wow ... really???

(not talking about the dancing bird)

The Senate doesn't "sign" bills, they vote on them and Frist-R wouldn't even bring the bill to a vote because he'd lost too many R votes to bribery. They didn't need any D votes, it was obviously a very partisan piece of legislation so why would D's vote for it?

Republicans accepted bribes to kill Republican legislation in the Republican-held Senate.

That's as dumbed down as I can make it.

Location hidden

#960505 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read a book. A big one.
And then slam it shut hard on your head.
Maybe something'll stick.
Whenever LoisLane befuddles you, you walk off into a fog complaining and stay there yelling back at her.
If you didn't understand it you should ask a grownup to 'splain it to you.

Otherwise your drive-bys just make you look silly.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960506 Aug 6, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP split seem widening.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

It's going to be interesting watching this cat fight develop.
LCN Llin

United States

#960507 Aug 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
After they have repeatedly stated that they have no room in their tent; the Republicans decided to join the circus and invite some black bears in there to do some "rassling"!!
Seem to have lost a few Senators to the right wing hope of power.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#960508 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not my contention son.
It's a question to you to gain clarity on a point (I assume) you were making.
Apparently English isn't your primary language.
No you were trying to twist & spin again to defend the actions of the Pseudo Liberal Democrats who for the Iraq War too.

Location hidden

#960509 Aug 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to blame the increase in part time employment on "Obamacare" is a Republican witch hunt.
Here's a snippet from a December, the U.S. Department of Labor Report:
Another important indicator of labor market dif&#64257; culty, the
number of persons working part time for economic reasons, has
suggested a softening in the demand for labor since about mid-
2006. Sometimes referred to as involuntary part time workers and viewed as underemployed, these individuals wanted full-time jobs but worked less than 35 hours during the survey reference week primarily due to slack work (a reduction in hours in response to unfavorable business conditions) or the inability to &#64257;nd full-time work.
In November 2008, 7.3 million persons were employed part time for economic reasons, up by 3.4 million from a recent low of 3.9 million
in April 2006." That's right, under Bush, the number of unemployed doubled in just the last two years of his presidency. That is the legacy he left for Obama.
You people really need to stop pointing a finger at Obama because there are four fingers pointing right back at you. Funny how you people always expect Obama to reverse the negative trends which began under your beloved Bushy Boy.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ils/pdf/opbils71.pdf
They'll blame it on the D's taking over Congress in '07 (after the housing bubble had started to burst) yet they can't point to a single piece of legislation that caused it.

In their alternate reality the mere presence of a Democrat causes the economy to go into free fall despite 226 years of history calling BS.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960511 Aug 6, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>No you were trying to twist & spin again to defend the actions of the Pseudo Liberal Democrats who for the Iraq War too.
The only way you're making any of your points is to drag everyone down with you.

I'll give you dems voted for it. That's a fact. The same way bushie boy gave 'his intelligence' to sell it to Congress, overseas and to Americans.

That's also a fact.

Location hidden

#960512 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Hagel, as it turns out, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Obama appointed him to join the other wolves in your party. So he's on your side. We don't want him.
Again you put yourself on the wrong side of the Stupid Line. The bill to regulate F&F that you've been so misguided about?

Sponsored by Chuck Hagel-R. It was Hagel pleading with Senate Majority Leader Frist-R on the Senate floor to bring the bill to a vote.

He was "fighting" your cause and you throw him under the bus.(What a b ...)

Letter from Hagel and 24 other R Senators to Bill Frist:

“If effective regulatory reform legislation … is not enacted this year, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system and the economy as a whole.”

Location hidden

#960513 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This is a little brain teaser for all the liberals.
The IRS targeting investigation has identified emails between high ranking IRS and federal elections officials.
The investigation is also meeting resistance from high ranking IRS and federally elected officials to overturn all emails.
Now...let's see...what president resisted turning over requested tapes in another cover-up investigation and was forced to resign?
Raise your hands.
"I'm juuuussssttttt asking the question!"

- anonymous loser "prophet" who's show was cancelled 'cause it turns out morons couldn't figure out how to buy any of his sponsors' products

Location hidden

#960514 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Lordy, my head hurts from beating it against a liberal brick wall again today.
But I tried to do my best to put a little crack in that thick cement.
And, of course, I'll keep trying. Later.
Always sorry to see you go. For as much crap as I give you at lest you bring something to the table. It may be wrong most of the time but its something.

Unlike the eman/dimneutr0n/Eed/Florida etc. trolls who bring absolutely nothing and bring it all day long.

Location hidden

#960515 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the Mind's Eye of a newborn infant.
And the full diaper.
Perfect timing.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#960516 Aug 6, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been observing what I refer to the “Growing Chasm” within the republican ranks. Here is one example of many that I have been collecting.
Republican Governors oppose the “Ideologues” of their party. Giving them stern warning not to pursue a shutdown of the government as it has been their custom to do so. Trying to block Obamacare by disrupting the financing of the Federal budget will backfire on them.
“I have made the case that Obamacare is not good for the economy, but I have some real concerns about potentially doing something that would have a negative impact on the economy just for the short term — I think there are other ways to pursue this,” said Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin !
Gov. Jack Dalrymple of North Dakota said “I’ve never felt that shutting down government function is a wise thing to do politically because I think, whoever is involved in it, it’s the Congress, regardless of what party they’re affiliated with, that will be blamed by the public,” And so, to me, I don’t see what it accomplishes.”
Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona agrees as do most all the republican governors.
Gov. Phil Bryant of Mississippi said “Many of the members of this party do not want to fund Obamacare, but what we have to do as governors who work with our legislators is realize the reality of being able to get something passed,”!
Senators Rand Paul {R }of Kentucky and Ted Cruz {R} of Texas two of the Tea Party disagree. Senator Tom Coburn {R} of Oklahoma believes the stop government ideology is doomed and will doom republicans come 2014.
Gov. Terry E. Branstad of Iowa, a Republican defines the art of negotiations and compromise is required and end all this callow bitter fighting of our extremist representatives.
New chairwoman of the National Governors Association, Ms. Fallen said “They need to buckle down, work hard, find consensus on things and certainly find ways of reducing our deficit,” said Ms. Fallin, who rejected the Medicaid expansion in Oklahoma and declined to set up a state health insurance marketplace.
Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, the head of the Republican Governors Association said “We absolutely should use whatever opportunity and tactic we can to repeal and replace Obamacare,” said Mr. Jindal, deeming the prospect of a shutdown nothing more than “a false threat” and “scare tactics” from Mr. Obama’s administration.
LOL if that is not an excellent example of how the right wing PROJECTS their erroneous ideologues’ onto their opponent. Scare tactics! False threats! Its Obama’s fault! Callow does not do justice in describing Bobby’s abilities for originality and leadership.
Gov. Jack Markell of Delaware {D} said “People are getting very tired of politicians who appear to only want to shut things down and not build things up, Far be it from me to give them advice, but it can’t be helpful to them.”
Republicans just wanted to let their constants know that they no longer favor the fragrance and or taste of Tea as it is being served by their bitter ideologues’. Will the Tea Party sober up enough to comprehend the warning of the growing chasm that will be swallowing them up?
Republicans are just now realizing that there constituents are deeply in favor of Obamacare and now they seek how to back pedal without anybody noticing. LOL!
They are self destructing. Thanks TeaParty! Hillary Clinton will be our next President.

Location hidden

#960517 Aug 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is it scaring?
Not businesses with under 50 employees
Of those businesses with more than 50, the vast majority already offer health care.
The only people that are afraid are Republicans. They know the longer it remains the more people will like it & the stats will prove it works. The more Republicans will look like idiots.
Why else would Republicans want to repeal it or defund it.
If its going to fail so miserably and obviously why wouldn't the GOP just let it play out and fail? Its their best chance to regain supremacy over the D's. It'd at least be the equivalent of Clinton's impeachment and that worked out very well for them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#960518 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If its going to fail so miserably and obviously why wouldn't the GOP just let it play out and fail? Its their best chance to regain supremacy over the D's. It'd at least be the equivalent of Clinton's impeachment and that worked out very well for them.
Meanwhile back at the ranch; George Bush had heart surgery

Location hidden

#960519 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I'm seeing as well.
It's going to be interesting watching this cat fight develop.
I hope it splits. I also hope that liberals will eventually recognize the growing neocon wing of the Democratic Party and split off as well.

We only have one more party than Communist China and we think we're AWESOME for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 238,383
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr tom wingo 29,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Pearl Jam 309,755
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web