Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276696 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958151 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
General Electric & Small Businesses pays the same tax rate as any other corporation subject to the corporate tax rate.
The Government does help some small business by allowing them to organize in a fashion that permits their owners to take business profits as personal income. This is like a subsidy to help these people get started by paying a lower tax rate.(I thought Galt didn't like subsidies?)
Once he business profits reach a level so as to put the owner in the top bracket then the owner should reorganize a C corp as they no longer require these lower rate subsidies.
Small businesses taxed as personal income are often paying a higher rate than the corporate tax rate.

Government Motors, owned by the UAW, received special favors from Obama that will allow this scam to escape taxation for the foreseeable future.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958152 Aug 1, 2013
Yakov Sverdlov wrote:
<quoted text>Cause:
Netanyahu warmongered about Iraq's non-existent WMD before 1998 (Charlie Rose Interview)
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GVWdjeu4vnsXX
Effect:
President Clinton orders attack on Iraq (CSPAN)
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hint: Monica "Lew" the "jew" was an "Israeli agent".
Cause:
Netanyahu was wrong about Iraq having nuclear weapons (CSPAN)
Effect:
2003: President Bush announces invasion of Iraq (CBS News)
Bonus:
Jews were responsible for the Iraq war, says Jewish journalist (MSNBC)(Carl Bernstein / Watergate reporter)
Black racist draft-dodging Jew-hater Ghost opens his filthy mouth again.
LCN Llin

United States

#958153 Aug 1, 2013
Edward Snowden, the fugitive former U.S. security contractor, left the transit zone at Moscow’s international airport Thursday after Russian authorities granted him temporary asylum.

Anatoly Kucherena, an attorney for Snowden, said documents were issued Thursday allowing Snowden to live and work in Russia for up to one year while his application for permanent political asylum is pending. Snowden, 30, had been stranded in Russia’s Sheremetyevo Airport for more than five weeks.
Snowden leaves Moscow airport

White House says it is "extremely disappointed" Russia has granted snowden temporary asylum "he is not a whistleblower...not a dissident"

Edward Snowden left the transit zone at Moscow's international airport Thursday, August 1 after receiving permission from the Kremlin to enter Russian territory.

In Washington, White House spokesman Jay Carney said President Obama is “extremely disappointed” by Russia’s action and is reevaluating a planned trip to Moscow next month for a summit meeting with President Vladi­mir Putin.

On Capitol Hill, U.S. lawmakers reacted furiously to the development, warning of serious repercussions in U.S.-Russian relations.

Kucherena told the state broadcaster Russia 24 that Snowden left the airport in a taxi Thursday afternoon “for a secure location,” eluding reporters who have camped at the airport since he arrived June 23 on a flight from Hong Kong. The lawyer described Snowden as “the most wanted man on the planet” and said he “needed time to adapt to Russian realities.”
LCN Llin

United States

#958154 Aug 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'd give you $5 from Monopoly son.
Just to sum up your life.
He had to mortgage Boardwalk and Parkplace

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#958155 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama taxes small businesses at a higher rate than he taxes his crony corporations.
In fact, Obama's two favorite crony corporations are Government Motors and General Electric, neither of which pay any federal income taxes.
Obama has offered small businesses the largest tax credits ever in his Small Business Jobs Act and in Obamacare , but the GOP, the party of Big Business, wastes more of the tax payers money trying to defund the Small Business Jobs Bill and Obamacare no matter how destructive that has been to the economy. The GOP should be ashamed for putting Wall Street before God or Country. Jesus threw the moneylenders out and so should we.
Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov

Waynesboro, MS

#958156 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bocajew Jean from Queens and the ILGWU probably loved the Soviet Union and its shared poverty, where everyone was equal, except the Communist elite, of course.
"Communist elite"?

You can do better than that...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#958157 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt never said that.
Dumbass Dave is a liar.
Here was Carol's post & yor response:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Non-liberal - and liberal - leftwingers like to complain about school vouchers and then blame the "white culture" for the high dropout rates and poverty in the inner cities too.
If republicans were the party obstructing school vouchers, then they'd have a reason to complain.
But that's not the case.
Morning, Galt."

Galt replied:
"The leftwingers who post here are not liberals, being opposed to individual rights in favor of government tyranny."

There is what you said regarding vouchers.

People against school vouchers were "being opposed to individual rights in favor of government tyranny."

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#958158 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Small businesses taxed as personal income are often paying a higher rate than the corporate tax rate.
Government Motors, owned by the UAW, received special favors from Obama that will allow this scam to escape taxation for the foreseeable future.
If this was so bad according to you then why are Republicans supporting GM , Apple,Exxon-Mobil, and other large corporations paying zero taxes by opposing Obama's tax reform and raising the corporate tax rate on them?
LCN Llin

United States

#958159 Aug 1, 2013
Yakov Sverdlov wrote:
<quoted text>Cause:
Netanyahu warmongered about Iraq's non-existent WMD before 1998 (Charlie Rose Interview)
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GVWdjeu4vnsXX
Effect:
President Clinton orders attack on Iraq (CSPAN)
Hint: Monica "Lew" the "jew" was an "Israeli agent".
Cause:
Netanyahu was wrong about Iraq having nuclear weapons (CSPAN)
Effect:
2003: President Bush announces invasion of Iraq (CBS News)
Bonus:
Jews were responsible for the Iraq war, says Jewish journalist (MSNBC)(Carl Bernstein / Watergate reporter)
Single causation theories are often wrong.

Israel supported the removal of Saddam but realized that Iraq under Saddam had just fought Iran in a long bloody war. Keep your two enemies fighting each other.

Netanyahu stirs thing up and has diminishing influence. He "almost openly" supported Romney and went down with the ship.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#958160 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Black racist draft-dodging Jew-hater Ghost opens his filthy mouth again.
Draft-dodging?

That's Limpbaugh!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#958161 Aug 1, 2013
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK AGAINST YOU -

Pentagon Has Awarded Contracts To Al-Qaeda In Afghanistan

August 1, 2013

A new independent report reveals that lucrative U.S. military contracts have been granted to militant groups in Afghanistan with direct connections to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/pentagon-has-awar...

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#958162 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How many small businesses are there where their owners are filing this year in the top bracket? 90% of small businesses in general don't have the sales volume to dictate that kind of profitability in general not just those like S corps. And S-corps with single owners.

"Often" Really?

2013 is the first year since the Bush Tax cuts that the top bracket exceeds the Corporate Rate.
Johann Adam Weishaupt

Waynesboro, MS

#958163 Aug 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Single causation theories are often wrong.
Israel supported the removal of Saddam but realized that Iraq under Saddam had just fought Iran in a long bloody war. Keep your two enemies fighting each other.
Netanyahu stirs thing up and has diminishing influence. He "almost openly" supported Romney and went down with the ship.
"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

"Divide and Rule".

"All Roads Lead to ROME".
Waxman

United States

#958164 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just reinforcing the lunacy and/or stupidity on the part of a liberal who didn't know Congress made the "stupid decision" to use military force in both wars.
But I'm sure you knew that...what with all your extensive book reading and knowledge and such.
Would you mind listing some books about Congress and its powers to other liberals on here for me? Thanks so much.
Weird.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#958165 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Wasn't your lunch at the Senior Center free?
"real dumb"
Actually lunch cost me a few bucks. Helped make up lunches for meals on wheels for shut in seniors. My wife is delivering the meals as I post. Some of us provide, unlike you, one who has his hand out.
Peace
KMA
Tits Magee

Villemomble, France

#958166 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe in religion are entitled to do so.
Oh really? You mean as long as it's yours?

http://www.freakingnews.com/Hiding-Osama-Pict...
Tits Magee

Villemomble, France

#958167 Aug 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Actually lunch cost me a few bucks. Helped make up lunches for meals on wheels for shut in seniors. My wife is delivering the meals as I post. Some of us provide, unlike you, one who has his hand out.
Peace
KMA
'My wife is delivering the meals as I post.' Do you people even think about what you write while your wife is out actually working while you play on the the computer?
Tits Magee

Villemomble, France

#958168 Aug 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Peace
KMA
Maybe during the commercial you can bring her a bottle of water or something?
Tits Magee

Villemomble, France

#958169 Aug 1, 2013
Blessed be the self-righteous for they shall inherit the kingdom of someone else less self-righteous than themselves.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#958170 Aug 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
He had to mortgage Boardwalk and Parkplace
lol! It's expensive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr stewart scott 29,939
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 6,890
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Knowledge- 247,453
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr Deeper than Truth 201,863
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web