Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#958049 Aug 1, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It ranks right down there with your 2nd Coming. Its my hope that technology will kill off these mythologies. We'll all be a lot better off when we quit following the superstitions of Bronze Age goatherders.
Well, no.

The second coming is nothing like a caliphate. No one will be forced to submit through political or violent dominance.

See the difference there?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958050 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-liberal - and liberal - leftwingers like to complain about school vouchers and then blame the "white culture" for the high dropout rates and poverty in the inner cities too.
If republicans were the party obstructing school vouchers, then they'd have a reason to complain.
But that's not the case.
Morning, Galt.
The leftwingers who post here are not liberals, being opposed to individual rights in favor of government tyranny.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#958052 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mission was to topple Saddam's regime which we did and destroy his ability to rebuild his biological, chemical and nuclear weapons program which we did.
After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began. They had been supplied with hundreds of weapons by the Iraqi army and were joined by religious radicals, al-Qaeda, who claimed Iraq the frontlines. They used guerrilla tactics. The enemy could have been anywhere or anyone.
Now, President LCN, what would you have done? Even if you should have expected this kind of unexpected resistance?
You had two choices:
1. Tuck your tail between your legs and high-tail it out of there.
2. Stay and fight.
(Can't use the excuse "I wouldn't have been there in the first place" because, after 9/11, you would have believed - like Hillary Clinton - that Saddam would find a way to rebuild and use his chemical and biological weapons. So just assume you, the President, wouldn't want to take the risk of having millions of deaths on your hands somewhere down the road if Saddam were allowed to keep thumbing up his nose at you and the rest of the world.)
Now, what would President LCN do?
Another comment....

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to undertake a mission to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

So-called "liberals" will say and do anything to insult and slander the Armed Forces of the United States.
LCN Llin

United States

#958054 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mission was to topple Saddam's regime which we did and destroy his ability to rebuild his biological, chemical and nuclear weapons program which we did.
After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began. They had been supplied with hundreds of weapons by the Iraqi army and were joined by religious radicals, al-Qaeda, who claimed Iraq the frontlines. They used guerrilla tactics. The enemy could have been anywhere or anyone.
..........
.... yada yada

"After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began."

Since friends and family were in the Green Zone watching the total screwup brought on by the Bush disaster. No preparation for the occupation.

Saddam was Iran's major enemy, removed with 4000 dead and treasure wasted. Iran now has great influence in Iraq thanks to President Bush's screw up.:-)

UCF has courses on 20th and 21st century history and government.
Keep posting

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#958055 Aug 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is Obama's position, then Congress should just pass their own legislation and let Obama either sign or veto same.
You still don't get it. Congress does not want to pass anything)only 15 bills passed and hundreds of thousands of filibusters to shut-down Government altogether(The GOP has become the party of political Luddites)--the republican-controlled House is anti-government / pro-Corporate licentiousness .

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#958056 Aug 1, 2013
Tits Magee Testing wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't appear to be an illusion, Father, looks like the real deal to me. Maybe you picked the wrong kids for your team?
You called it magic, do you believe in magic?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#958057 Aug 1, 2013
Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> Really? What about all the stupid decisions bush made to go to war that only tripled the debt ?
<quoted text> you don't have to go that far, we have that problem here in the major cities.


Well, let's see. First, there was 9/11. Then there was the UN who considered Saddam a threat. Then there were the Democrats who considered Saddam a threat as far back as the Clinton administration. Of course, 111 Democrats gave Bush permission to use military force to take Saddam down and unanimously gave Bush permission to attack Afghanistan. And most Democrats supported the funding of the wars they agreed were worth fighting.

Did I leave anything out?

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#958058 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there's no record in history of Reagan pushing for a line item veto, moron.
"And tonight I ask you to give me what 43 Governors have: Give me a line-item veto this year."

1986 State of the Union.

"Reagan Plea Fails To Budge Line-item Veto"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-07-1...

And since you have trouble reading, listen to Reagan at the 1992 National Republican Convention 34th minute 26 seconds.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/31259-1

How could anyone say there is no evidence? Well, unless they be ignorant.
LCN Llin

United States

#958059 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why are you following a candidate for the biggest fraud ever forced on human society in the history of civilization?
Please explain, is this Rand Paul or Christie?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#958061 Aug 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
unsupported over-simplifications roll on and on.
Another example of why an essay like this, receives an F in a tenth grade high school class.
Your snobby elitism is getting kind of old. Maybe you should try some new material. Avoiding posting anything relevant with snarky comments shouldn't be that difficult.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#958062 Aug 1, 2013
Tits Magee Testing wrote:
<quoted text>
Good heavens! We certainly know different sorts of women, don't we? In my world as long as she's not texting I figure I'm ahead of the game.
lol... handcuffs?
LCN Llin

United States

#958063 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another comment....
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to undertake a mission to remove Saddam Hussein from power.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
So-called "liberals" will say and do anything to insult and slander the Armed Forces of the United States.
Removal of Saddam and in walks Iran.

So are you going to Iraq with Carol to put your life on the line?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in Iraq on July 18 that Tehran and Baghdad have an "exceptional" role to play in the region's security.

"The role of the two countries in the security of the region is exceptional," Ahmadinejad told reporters in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, but without elaborating.

"We carry a joint message, which is a message of progress and stability and security, and also a message of peace," Ahmadinejad said after talks with Iraqi Vice President Khudayr al-Khuzaie.

Ahmadinejad, whose term ends early next month, arrived in Iraq to a red carpet welcome. He also met Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, a statement on the premier's website said.

Maliki said at the meeting that "Iraq supports peaceful solutions for all the problems in the region," and told Ahmadinejad Iranian companies were welcome to take
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#958064 Aug 1, 2013
Russia laughs in my face, keeps Snowden...

I am not a crook!

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#958066 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam today is a country with manifest poverty who's economic outlet to the world can be summed up by counting the sweatshops making cheap shirts, dumbass, instead of having a thriving middle class working in an economic system that includes automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding, applliance manufacturing, computer manufacturing, etc., etc., etc., like South Korea.
There is no reason to believe South Vietnam would be any different than South Korea today if the Democrats had not sabotaged them in 1973 after they beat the single largest communist invasion of the entire war without help from US ground forces in 1972.
What you idiots did was subject them to statistically the worst mass murderer in the history of civilization, Ho Chi Minh.
Today, they are just another poverty-ridden remnant of the Cold War your fucking side lost.
"The poverty headcount in Vietnam fell from nearly 60 percent in the early 1990s to 20.7(*) percent in 2010, according to a new World Bank report titled "Well Begun, Not Yet Done: Vietnamís Remarkable Progress on Poverty Reduction and the Emerging Challenges".

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013...

Proved wrong Again.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#958067 Aug 1, 2013
Airhead post of the day!!!
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans killed on foreign soil does not give the FBI authority to arrest the perpetrators. I'm sure if these suspects were on our soil they would be arrested but they aren't....use common sense for a change.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958068 Aug 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You still don't get it. Congress does not want to pass anything)only 15 bills passed and hundreds of thousands of filibusters to shut-down Government altogether(The GOP has become the party of political Luddites)--the republican-controlled House is anti-government / pro-Corporate licentiousness .
Government is an unbearable burden on the backs of the taxpayers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958069 Aug 1, 2013
Happy 25th Anniversary for Rush Limbaugh's nationally syndicated radio program, still thriving no matter how hard the radical left tries to stop him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#958071 Aug 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans killed on foreign soil does not give the FBI authority to arrest the perpetrators. I'm sure if these suspects were on our soil they would be arrested but they aren't....use common sense for a change.
Obama wants to save drones to kill Americans, not Libyan terrorists.
LCN Llin

United States

#958072 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The poverty headcount in Vietnam fell from nearly 60 percent in the early 1990s to 20.7(*) percent in 2010, according to a new World Bank report titled "Well Begun, Not Yet Done: Vietnamís Remarkable Progress on Poverty Reduction and the Emerging Challenges".
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013...

Proved wrong Again.
Not difficult as a republican feeling entitled; wants a free history course.

most gop trolls have rejected education, may serve as an example for this wignut?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#958074 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The poverty headcount in Vietnam fell from nearly 60 percent in the early 1990s to 20.7(*) percent in 2010, according to a new World Bank report titled "Well Begun, Not Yet Done: Vietnamís Remarkable Progress on Poverty Reduction and the Emerging Challenges".
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013...
Proved wrong Again.
I get no respect. Putin just pissed in my hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr TerryE 5,304
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 238,168
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr John-K 309,688
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web