Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404780 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#947585 Jul 18, 2013
flack wrote:
Bill Mahr booed repeatedly on Letterman. People are tired of the race card. Time to put in back in the deck and leave it there.
But it sure was funny watching him get his hat handed to him. What was even funnier was he kept asking Letterman 'Why are they booing?' Letterman would just look at him with that smirky smile and just shrug his shoulders.
Hey Bill!!! People are tired of the race card!!! You need a new trick pony if you are going to stay relevant.
It's the only card they have in their hand. They either have to play it, or get out of the game.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947586 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
By now you should know that your lies can be easily exposed by a quick click of the computer. The last report issued by the FBI was for 2011.
"The Federal Bureau of Investigation has released its 2011 data on reported hate crimes. They have fallen to the lowest level since 1994." As the FBI reports:
Fifty-nine percent of offenders were white. 20.9 percent were black.
http://reason.com/blog/2012/12/11/hate-crimes...
Would this have come from some department under the control of Eric Holder?
Do you really think anything from Eric Holder has any credibility?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#947587 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're at home now. Don't need to lock up if you don't leave, dumbass.
People started locking their houses because everything unlocked was broken into, dumbass. That is new in America.
What changed?
No stupid, I was at work and my house was unlocked. Got jury duty today, be leaving shortly, the house will be unlocked.

Maybe you just live in a different kind of place than the one you grew up in. Go back to what you grew up in and leave your doors unlocked. Nothing has changed beyond more people living in denser populations. When I live in cities or the suburbs I lock my doors. In the suburbs the biggest threat is breakins by bored local teens.

Y'all have whipped yourselves into a paranoid frenzy, feels good 'cause it gets your blood moving. Fact is crime is down in this country, lower than it was has been at any other time in our lifetimes.

Location hidden

#947588 Jul 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to exhibit logic, we're all laughing at you.
A guy with a gun drawn gets his nose punched and broken, pulled to the ground and his is being bashed while he screams for help.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
A witness saw a black hoodieman sitting atop a person wearing a red jacket and vertical movement.
Go play in your tree house, tenzing. Make believe works out there:]
Doesn't really work the way it does in movies. Absolutely he could have had his gun out of its holster and got his face drilled and knocked to the ground and mounted by Martin. Exactly what I would do if someone drew on me in close quarters. The nose is an excellent first target, extremely painful, fucks with your vision and disorients you. It in fact makes more sense that Zimmerman's gun was out of its holster before he was under Martin, depending on the configuration, would probably have been near impossible to draw it under those conditions.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947589 Jul 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid, I was at work and my house was unlocked. Got jury duty today, be leaving shortly, the house will be unlocked.
Maybe you just live in a different kind of place than the one you grew up in. Go back to what you grew up in and leave your doors unlocked. Nothing has changed beyond more people living in denser populations. When I live in cities or the suburbs I lock my doors. In the suburbs the biggest threat is breakins by bored local teens.
Y'all have whipped yourselves into a paranoid frenzy, feels good 'cause it gets your blood moving. Fact is crime is down in this country, lower than it was has been at any other time in our lifetimes.
Yes, I live in a different place, but it is the same kind of place.
I know very well what it is like where I grew up. My family still lives there. All I have to do to find out what is going on there is just call a brother or sister or my mother or any one of a dozen cousins I grew up with when we didn't have to lock the house.

So, back to the question you are trying to run away from:

Why did this country change from a place where you didn't need to lock your house to a country where everything not locked up will get stolen?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947590 Jul 18, 2013
JessIzaDooshBag wrote:
I forgot it's black history month. Can I get a ham hock and some lemon aid while a wait for white history month to come back?
Why isn't there a mulatto history month?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947591 Jul 18, 2013
I don't see an increase in the number of blacks assaulting whites and hispanics since the verdict of not guilty was announced for Zimmerman. It seems to be the same, with the exception that there is just another excuse used for the same old uncivilized bullshit.
Now, when some black "child" shoots a baby in the face or mugs some 70 year old great grandmother, they just add "this is for Trayvon" to their diatribe to go along with "give me your wallet".

Since: Nov 11

United States

#947592 Jul 18, 2013
Liberals celebrating Boston marathon bomber as a hero!!!

See? Only Liberals would do that!!!!

See Rolling Stone magazine cover for more evidence.

Location hidden

#947593 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the gestapo-style interrogations of these groups by the FBI and IRS that's even more of an infringement of the 1st Amendment than the IRS deciding who gets tax exemption based on one's political persuasion.
Several groups were asked for résumés of top officers and descriptions of interviews with the media.
One group was asked to provide “minutes of all board meetings since your creation.”
Some of the letters asked for copies of the groups’ Web pages, blog posts and social media postings.
Each letter had a stern warning about “penalties of perjury”.
The American Patriots Against Government Excess group was asked to provide summaries or copies of all material passed out at meetings.
The IRS also asked for transcripts of radio shows where groups had mentioned political candidates by name.
The Coalition for Life of Iowa received a letter from the IRS requesting details about how often members pray and whether their prayers are “considered educational.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/the-irs...
Names and addresses of members in some groups were requested and leaked to a liberal website which posted them.
...Anything? Anybody home?
None of those things are particularly invasive in this situation, they just sound like that when your Fox mouthpiece said it with so much pomp and feigned outrage.

"Gestapo", get a grip woman!

I've formed a 501(c)3, it ain't easy. We have to keep minutes, know why? Because if our status comes under question they'll want to see them.

There's a lot of attempted fraud in non-profits. Seems like they were doing exactly what you want them to do with all your lamenting about "waste, fraud, and abuse".

Location hidden

#947594 Jul 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"I see BP glass pretty regularly."..in restaurants? Bullsht!
Besides, here's what Yelp says about Sullivan's
"Heads up!
Yelpers report this location has closed. Find a similar spot."
LOL. Stupid libturd.
Don't have time to check it right now but if you're not lying as usual that's heartbreaking, been going there for years.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947595 Jul 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't really work the way it does in movies. Absolutely he could have had his gun out of its holster and got his face drilled and knocked to the ground and mounted by Martin. Exactly what I would do if someone drew on me in close quarters. The nose is an excellent first target, extremely painful, fucks with your vision and disorients you. It in fact makes more sense that Zimmerman's gun was out of its holster before he was under Martin, depending on the configuration, would probably have been near impossible to draw it under those conditions.
You obviously don't have any experience with this.
What do you do if you punch someone who isn't being punched for the first time? Do you really think you can knock someone with some toughness in them to the ground with just one magic punch? Or, do you think you'll have to fight them?

Yes, Zimmerman had no experience fighting. He would not have been a tough fight. One punch to the nose would have been enough to cause him to loose (or loosen, at least) any grip he had on anything.
And, only a person with experience facing guns would automatically think to attack when they saw a gun pointed at them from close range. People without experience facing guns would immediately recognize the gun and not know how to attack without getting shot.
If a person is facing a gun, the only actions will be what they are trained to do, and practiced through experience. If they don't have any training and experience, they will not attack the gun.

You are an idiot.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#947596 Jul 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Got that right Detzing. Your house has no doors, no locks so the goats and farm animals roam freely....

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#947597 Jul 18, 2013
Thus, Zimmerman didn't have the gun drawn when Hoodieman punched him in the nose.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#947598 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being a physician, Galt can only guess.
Galt's guess is that seeing a steady string of Medicare patients with trivial complaints day after day would drive most quality physicians to suicide.
Most would prefer to see real patients with serious illnesses that can be treated and lead to a productive life.
WTF is "outcome-based pay", other than an incentive not to treat patients likely to die?
Poor Galt. So uninformed. As it is now, itemized billing means the better you are, the less you make. Outcome based pay means the better & more efficient you are, the me you make.

I would think Galt would prefer this but hey, if it the ACA, Galt has to hate it.
bureau hq

United States

#947599 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a prime example of what is wrong with America and why blacks are protesting.
Lenin here,

I love.stirring pot like idiot rev al and fallen from grace jessie jackson! Make me look like a saint.

dummies who need.stuff always marCH foe this or that and NOTHING CHANGES...

so dey can march their dumazzes rigjt off a cliff..

and you pharts will have a new batvh of lemmimgs step rigjt into their shoes!

cabbage and a mule for your undying love....and vote!

kommie sense
by
komrad lenin

Newville, PA

#947600 Jul 18, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish, not supported by any facts. The vicious little racist got called out in his attempt to commit a hate crime and now the blacks and the self loathing whites are having a hissy fit.
That's the truth.
Where's your empathy for the thousands and thousands of whites who are victims of violent black hate crimes?
What a racist f*ck you are. Since some crimes are committed by blacks, you say all blacks are criminals.

Wow, you right whiners are all alike.

I feel empathy for all crime victims.

Newville, PA

#947601 Jul 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
By NJ's definition it does.
By the legal definition it does.
You guys just like that word because it gives Zimmerman a more sinister motive. You can't bring yourself to admit what really happened that night. 2 punks crossed paths, 1 brought skittles to a gun fight and lost.
Who is talking legal definition, dickhead.

Stalking meas to follow covertly.

Zimmerman killed an innocent, unarmed kid acting as a Neighborhood Watch Captain..

Newville, PA

#947602 Jul 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
When did he disobey the police?
When the dispatcher told him not get out of the truck & follow Martin.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#947603 Jul 18, 2013
Energy pipeline produces surplus money for school district, district considers to rollback tax levi, Liberals mad, swear to sue!!!!
Sock Jock USA

Meridian, MS

#947604 Jul 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Leno had a funny one where everyone laughed. He said it was so hot, Joe Biden got delirious and actually started making sense.
Waxman... you fúçkin demonic, pûssý mouthed, dick in the booty, greasy necked, space aged cave monkey, MUTHA-FÛÇKÀ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min _Susan_ 256,019
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 311,493
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web