Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1657427 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#947694 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you hate conservative democrats?
LOL... Blame someone else because you're the idiot sonicmoron...

Grievance industry racists and sellouts. Race Profiteers. Hate Peddlers. How Race Profiteers sonicmoron, Bill Maher, Jesse and Al Sharpton get paid. Truth is bad for a racist enterprise...

It's the culture..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947695 Jul 18, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the ones looting and assaulting non blacks?
Some protests that the left considers "peaceful", such as blocking major freeways, are not acceptable either.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#947696 Jul 18, 2013
The unions -- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and UNITE-HERE -- complained in letters to Congressional Democratic leaders that Obamacare requirements have created an incentive for employers to cut workers' hours to avoid providing health care coverage.

"Time is running out: Congress wrote this law; we voted for you. We have a problem; you need to fix it. The unintended consequences of the ACA (Affordable Care Act) are severe. Perverse incentives are already creating nightmare scenarios," the union leaders wrote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/obam...

The same unions who spent big money to get Obama reelected.

It's that silver lining again. Even unions don't want what they voted for now.

But Obama and Obamacare are a package deal. Too bad they couldn't figure that out beforehand. We've become a nation of just plain dumb stupid.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#947697 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you hate conservative democrats?
Homer is a fiscal conservative. Since both Republicans and Democrats love to spend money, Homer is going it alone.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#947698 Jul 18, 2013
Jorge Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>dems favorite tactic..while being a homosexual ped-o-phil-e himself
Fenny Bate has to steal names to keep posting his filth--what a moran!

(" He developed a fascination with one of his students, a young boy named Fenny Bate. Fenny and his sister were ostracized by the community, and upon making some inquiries he finds out why. The two children once had an older brother named Gregory, and it was generally believed that Gregory sexually molested his young brother." from synopsis of "Ghost Story")
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947699 Jul 18, 2013
NAACP HATE BLACKS wrote:
According to author and Fox News contributor Deneen Borelli and her husband, Tom Borelli, black conservatives have been blacklisted from the NAACP's national conferences for years. When the Borellis, who are employees of the conservative group FreedomWorks, attempted to pay for booth space at this year's 104th National NAACP conference in Florida, they were told there was no room for them despite plenty of exhibit space remaining open.
The NAACP website states that the mission of the organization is to, "ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination." The objectives of the NAACP include ensuring "the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens," and removing "all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes."
Mrs. Borelli has been an outspoken critic of the Obama administration and the Democratic Party. In March her book, Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation, came out in paperback.
Uncle Toms need not apply.

Blacks cannot succeed without government control.

Independent thought and action is prohibited.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#947700 Jul 18, 2013
Leftwing Hate Peddler, Race Profiteer Bill Maher profiting from the "negro's problems", Booed for Tasteless Zimmerman and Casey Anthony Jokes on CBS Late Show.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...

It's the culture..
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#947701 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for your point.
What was it?
How could I be race baiting when race was all through your post?
Just like you're doing now.

Idiot race baiter.
Sock Jock USA

Meridian, MS

#947702 Jul 18, 2013
"Pause"

"Vote"

Fúçkin "sock".

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#947703 Jul 18, 2013
Get your lie detectors tuned up. Gonna be some whoopers spewing forth here shortly.!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#947704 Jul 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't the police either. It was a non 911 operator. The same kind of operator you would get no matter where you called.
And the higher authorities were dispatched--not too far behind GZ either.

There's a lot of people that participate in neighborhood watches in Fla. Peaceable, non-violent people wouldn't have a "problem" with that.
Thugs, thieves, Cons and other not so noteworthy types however, often do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947705 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Galt. So uninformed. As it is now, itemized billing means the better you are, the less you make. Outcome based pay means the better & more efficient you are, the me you make.
I would think Galt would prefer this but hey, if it the ACA, Galt has to hate it.
The charge for medical services should be like any other professional service, negotiated between doctor and patient.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947707 Jul 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, we liberals don't put any value on education or take an active part in that of our children. That's why in my liberal family we have graduates from Mount Holyoke, Amherst and Simmons with my son graduating From CUA next spring. That's also why liberal states have higher high school and college graduation rates.
From those schools, all most likely with worthless degrees as far as employment prospects.

Ever consider escaping the Massachusetts ghetto?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#947708 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the jury agreed with that.
Even the alternate jurors.

No mo' money now for the greedy profiteers of off that sad case.

Disgusting.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947709 Jul 18, 2013
"Kahunas"? Classic! You're "cwazy" Lois.

LoisLane59 wrote:

<quoted text>
Term limits once was one of the battle cries when demanding change and accountability.
Maybe it's time for another movement and risk being called racists again.
Term limits should be at the top of the republican platform in 2016. If they have any kahunas, it will be.
I'm holding out Rand Paul will be at least one future GOP candidate who puts country before party.
It's my guess moderates and independents would also get behind that candidate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947710 Jul 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, we liberals don't put any value on education or take an active part in that of our children. That's why in my liberal family we have graduates from Mount Holyoke, Amherst and Simmons with my son graduating From CUA next spring. That's also why liberal states have higher high school and college graduation rates.

WTF is CUA?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#947711 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? Do you not see all the homophobic aspersions cast as Homer on a daily basis? The Kentucky hillbilly said she was disgusted by the male anatomy so I asked her the innocent question as to if she was a lesbian, and also noted if she was there was nothing wrong with that. Homer is curious in nature.
That is NOT what I said Homer...I was referencing my disgust at the vile uncouth TRASHINESS of a "little person", waving it for the world to see, on a website for KIDS.

DISGUSTING.(at the BARF level disgusting!)!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#947712 Jul 18, 2013
Obamacare Is the Right’s Worst Nightmare

News from New York: it looks as if insurance premiums on the individual market are going to plunge thanks to Obamacare. This shouldn’t come as a surprise; in fact, the New York experience perfectly illustrates why Obamacare had to look the way it does. And it also illustrates why conservatives should be terrified about this legislation, as it takes effect. Americans may have had a lot of misgivings in advance, thanks to vast, deliberately spread misinformation. But I agree with Matt Yglesias — unless the GOP finds even more ways to sabotage the plan, this thing is going to work, it’s going to be extremely popular, and it’s going to wreak havoc with conservative ideology.

....Where does the money for the subsidies come from? Partly by reducing corporate welfare: reducing overpayments for Medicare Advantage, reducing tax breaks for very generous insurance plans; partly with new taxes on the wealthy.

And while a few people will be hurt — young, healthy individuals too affluent to qualify for subsidies, wealthy taxpayers, etc.— a much larger number of people will be helped, some of them enormously.

Does this amount to “redistribution”? Well, yes — not as an end in itself, but yes, a lot of people will be made better off at the expense of an affluent few.

And Yglesias is right: there will be bobbles along the way, but this is going to become an immensely popular program. By the time Liz Cheney challenges Hillary Clinton’s reelection campaign, there will be signs at the rallies declaring “Don’t let the government get its hands on Obamacare!”

Conservatives are right to be hysterical about this: it’s an attack on everything they believe — and it’s going to make Americans’ lives better. What could be worse?

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/o...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947713 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Trial outcomes depend on may things besides guilty or innocent. It does not change the fact that Zimmerman's actions ended up killing a unarmed teenage kid walking along a sidewalk in a community where his father was staying.
Maybe in your redneck la la land, that makes perfectly good sense.
Zimmerman was supposed to be a trained professional but made many mistakes that caused Martin's death.
John White (Long Island, NY) was convicted of second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed white teenager; John White; is black. He was sentenced to 2-4 years, but was pardoned by Gov. Patterson after serving 5 months.
Why was he not charged at all? Why was he found guilty?
Take a guess.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947714 Jul 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look Dilbert. A jury was legally selected. A trail was legally held and a verdict was legally handed down. I know you can't get this through your thick head but the man was found not guilty. Live with it.
Dumbass Dave is like a dog who will keep chewing a bone until his teeth break.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Chuck 322,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 min Patriot AKA Bozo 11,901
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min Trojan 35,088
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web