Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1779841 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#944501 Jul 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you do a lot of drugs when you were young?
Why did you stop son?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#944502 Jul 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, if a woman is still pregnant after 20 MONTHS, maybe she should consider an abortion, unless of course we are talking elephants.
BTW what is it with conservatives, why are you only capable of binary logic (1 or 0) either this or that, nothing in between.
I'm a liberal, served 6 1/2 yrs in the Corps and am an avid gun owner. I own an M1 Garand, K98 Mauser,o '03 Springfield and others.
Some on the left are for complete gun control and want to outlaw them.
Others want to outlaw handguns.
others want to outlaw semi-automatic military weapons.
and others like myself want to require back ground checks and manditory safety classes before you can purchase a weapon.
It is not all black and white dude, well except for conservatives I guess. Maybe you guys can't process more than two diametrically opposed thoughts at once.
Grey areas are for people who want to get away with something...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#944503 Jul 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly would seem that way. And what better way to avert attention from the failures of the Obama administration than a nonexistent racially-motivated tragedy in Sanford, Florida, which the liberal media pumped up on their behalf?
Time to put the focus back where it belongs.
The country should be focusing on how Obama abused his power with the IRS and other government agencies. I agree with you Carol.

Obama is worse than Nixon.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#944504 Jul 14, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"homo"
Get over it the trial is over. A jury came to a decision, the American way, Zimmerman was declared not guilty. Your version{s} of the trial do not pass the common sense test. If not for political attention this case would never have came to trial. No one won, a young man is dead, his family devastated. A man, Zimmerman who is not guilty and his family will be defamed forever by racist like you.
Peace
KMA
And Trayvon's parents are millionaires. Why in the world would the condo association pay out before the verdict?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#944505 Jul 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So one is dead and the other goes home to lead a happy life. Is that justice?
Neighborhood Watch from a couch? Sounds like you "looking for a job".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#944506 Jul 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
one mo thing, just so I understand you correctly
All drunk drivers be beaten down repeatively by upwards to 20 police officers?
Does that include female drunk drivers?
Teenage kids?
Those cops used restraint all throughout the incident. King was a complete parole felon azzhole who tried evading arrest after driving drunk while trying to evade cops at high rates of speed through residential streets endangering citizens.

Justice was served while the black community got thousands of free TVs and murdered Korean Store owners.

Expect the same now..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#944507 Jul 14, 2013
Our Judicial System is the best in the world, despite what Democrats try to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#944508 Jul 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
just bbecasue people say Zimmerman isn't a racists, doesn't mean he isn't prejudice.
My guess is that Trayvon's race had little to do with Zimmerman's actions. Rather it was Trayvon's age and appearance that led to the confrontation. The hoodie and hip-hop style clothing.
Fact is Martin was not engaged in any illegal activity. Zimmerman even made a remark about punks getting away with things. Martin got killed not for engaging in any illegal activity but for looking suspicious.
From Martin's point of view, this overweight man is following him in a car, then he gets out of the car and starts following him on foot. We don't know what transpired, we do know Zimmerman's state of mind though as witnessed in the 911 call.
Zimmerman took the law into his own hands.
At the time of the shooting, could immerman have been fearful of his life? Yes.
But who initiated the attack? We don't know
Was Trayvon engaged in any illegal activity? No
We do know that if Zimmerman had not gone all vigilantee, Trayvon would still be alive.
You can't start a fight and then claim self-defense when you start losing.
Your ignorance is actually beginning to make me smile.

We desperately need a decent school system on this country's urban reservations.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#944509 Jul 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to put yourself in his shoes. Zimmerman did what any concerned neighbor would do...tried to keep an eye on Trayvon until the police arrived. It doesn't matter that Trayvon was innocent. That fact would have revealed itself as soon as the police contacted him. For Zimmerman to go home would have meant letting a possible burglar escape apprehension. I think most people who care about their neighborhood would have done the same thing. What happened that night is a tragedy for both Zimmerman and Martin.
This explains the whole sad story.

The aggressor was not Zimmerman. Residents are perfectly within their rights to walk their neighborhoods even with a legal concealed weapon if their intent is to protect it while waiting for the police. Martin instigated the confrontation and made himself the aggressor.

A fact lost on many.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#944510 Jul 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you stop son?
Nothing, to you. You are not worthy.

Any other questions, Obamabot child?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#944511 Jul 14, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists are calling on the U.S. Department of Justice to press federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of all charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. http://yhoo.it/13IJIkr
Do you think there are grounds for a civil rights case? A Wrongful death lawsuit against George Zimmerman would bankrupt him , enrage his big moneyed right wing gun lobby supporters, and keep political pressure on the Florida state legislature to overturn the horrible shoot first laws of this state.
When this gang of Racist Pigs digs from the bottom of the barrel, they will come up with nothing but racist charges.

This BS attempt was fully expected because of the racist character of this administration.

More wasted taxpayer money at the DOJ.

The Magic Negro needs to take another $100 million vacation to his homeland and stay there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#944512 Jul 14, 2013
Thanks to Obama, my family and I are now going to get gun permits. We just discussed this and feel Obama & Democrats want to destroy freedom so we might as well do it now.

Then if some lowlife Democrat comes over here, we can defend ourselves, if needed and absolutely necessary to protect our lives from the criminal Democrat element.

It's amazing how many people are doing this because Democrats want to take away our freedom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#944513 Jul 14, 2013
Zimmerman lawyer to move ‘asap’ against NBC News

By Erik Wemple, Published: July 14 at 12:15

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

NBC Universal Media responded to the Zimmerman complaint by noting that other media outlets played up the racial angle of Zimmerman’s deadly encounter with Trayvon Martin.

The company also noted the pivotal nature of the second-degree murder case:“[I]f Zimmerman is convicted, that fact alone will constitute substantial evidence that the destruction of his reputation is the result of his own criminal conduct, and not of the broadcasts at issue which, like countless other news reports disseminated by media entities throughout the country, reported on the underlying events.”

That formulation is now null.

According to Zimmerman attorney James Beasley, the case against NBC News was stayed pending the outcome of the criminal case. Now that’s out of the way, and Beasley is ready to proceed.“We’re going to start in earnest asap, we just have to get the stay lifted which is a ministerial act,” says Beasley, a Philadelphia lawyer, via e-mail.

When asked how the not-guilty verdict affects the civil case against NBC News, Beasley responded,“This verdict of not guilty is just that, and shows that at least this jury didn’t believe that George was a racist, profiling, or anything that the press accused George of being. That probably doesn’t get you that much but it’s simply time for us to start the case and hold accountable anyone who was irresponsible in their journalism.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#944514 Jul 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
(CNN)- President Barack Obama issued the following statement Sunday following the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.
"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."
Not a word of apology from the scumbag Obama to George Zimmerman for leading the race pimp lynch mob.
A Skunk can't change its striping.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#944515 Jul 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
(CNN)- President Barack Obama issued the following statement Sunday following the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.
"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."
Not a word of apology from the scumbag Obama to George Zimmerman for leading the race pimp lynch mob.
George Zimmerman ought to apologize to us for costing tax payers millions of dollars in having to try this creepy ass cracker in one of our courts . If George would have stayed true to his creepy ass cracker MO and stayed in his pick-up truck until the cops arrived we would all be better off and richer .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Rocky Mount, NC

#944516 Jul 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The country should be focusing on how Obama abused his power with the IRS and other government agencies. I agree with you Carol.
Ha ha ha ha!

What a lunatic!

The whole country loves this democrat!

Republicans?

Can't stand em.

The genius is in a giant power struggle with the richest pricckkks in the nation: the red Gop kooooks!

I say: borrow $30 trillion to fix this republican mess.

Go genius go!

The republican idiots spent $6 trillion on wars!

And lost!

Plus ruined the nation.

Republicans: biggest puusssccceesss in the nation!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#944517 Jul 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly who is a "hoodie"? Mark Zuckerberg?
Nope.

Saint Trayvon and his father the Magic Negro.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#944518 Jul 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Our Judicial System is the best in the world, despite what Democrats try to do.
O J Simpson agrees 100% with you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#944519 Jul 14, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's infractions of betraying the people's trust are much more serious than Nixon's.

But Nixon was a Republican and Obama is the liberal media's sweetheart.

Unless and until a glaring spotlight is put directly on the liberal media's bias, we might as well surrender and get it over with.

Blind loyalty, complacency and a willingness to be misled always leads to no good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#944520 Jul 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It is a tragedy, there is a dead 17 year old kid. Do you even see black people as human beings?
Not when they're crawling through my window at 2AM with a gun.

Or trying to hijack my car.

Or robbing the Dollar Store.

Or trying to kill a neighborhood watch captain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min DJ Trump 345,631
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Trojan 36,079
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2