Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263163 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#943267 Jul 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The GD's are fighting over turf you dumb ass. Where is Larry Hoover when you need him? at least he forced the kids to go to school in order to be in the gang. But the liberals in Illinois set him up and sent him to max prison. He could of actually stopped the erosion of black society IMO.
it's most certainly money. I don't feel sympathy for weak people. Those kids had a chose to be in a gang or, not. They chose to be in the gangs! I'm a soldier, I walk alone & carry a big gun!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#943268 Jul 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
So what's taking so long? He's guilty, let's end this.
Zimmerman is as guilty as you are Homer...

It's the culture...
Ethics

Somerset, KY

#943269 Jul 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If Zimmerman is found not guilty I would have the DOJ try him under civil rights and hate crimes. The scumbags who think they can get away with murder will think twice.
How many times does it need to be said Homer-

Neighborhood watches are NOT, repeat, NOT illegal. NOR are they any sort of "hate crimes"--in fact quite the OPPOSITE as they are usually comprised of RESIDENTS that are sick and damn tired of CRIMES being committed against and/or IN their neighborhoods.

One thing's for sure-GW is definetly NOT guilty of both counts.

In other news-another one leaves the current administrative mess.

Whoa-imagine THAT...another one must've gotten sick of so many foreign and domestic policy FAILURES. Can't say as anyone could blame her Napolitano either.

WASHINGTON ó Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who led the burgeoning Department of Homeland Security through a host of policy changes in the post 9/11 era, is resigning to head the University of California system.

One step forward (quit letting DUPES charge what they can't pay for!)but after that... THIRTY YEARS (at least)DE-progression backwards.

Gah-hurry 2016!

CHRISTIE/PAUL and both Uncle Joe's et al 2016!
REAL working class Americans FOR America again-NOT against it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#943270 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!
30 years in prison......not a day less.
Oh and right wingers: feed the poor.
It's rather obvious you are a Jail house wife or lap dancer bitch...

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#943271 Jul 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems kind of racist to profile your own people as born criminals.
What you suggest will result in many more Trayvons.
Trayvon wasn't a criminal! There are real threats. Better open your eyes!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#943272 Jul 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's rather obvious you are Jail house wife or lap dancer bitch...
It's the culture...
Is it true?

Do you sit around in your diaper on the internets all day?

You can tell me: I won't judge.

But I will laugh my azzzzzz ofttimes!

LOL

LOL

LOL
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

United States

#943273 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hey fletch?
Cross your legs.....the stench in here is unbearable!
ZIMMERMAN GUILTY!
Whitey can Rejoice!
OJ IS guilty!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#943274 Jul 12, 2013
Cuomo/Castro 2016
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

United States

#943275 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!
30 years in prison......not a day less.
Oh and right wingers: feed the poor.
Michael Vick-

GUILTY!

Whitey can rejoice!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#943276 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true?
LOL
LOL
LOL
When posting on Topix you idiot, there is a fine line between what's on your mind and You should probably see your therapist about what's in your pants you dumbass??"

It's the culture...
obama_the_penius

United States

#943277 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true?
LOL
LOL
LOL
Did you ever drive a limo?

Did you ever pick up a young black politician with birth certificate issues?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#943280 Jul 12, 2013
Hey man!

I voted for Gore!

9/11 would have never happened!

Never!

Gore's jets would have flown supersonic!

Kaaaaaboooom!!!

Would have put up a trillion dollar defense.

But hey enjoy the Genius!!

After this: HILLARY!

8 MORE!

Republicans never going to win white house again!

Never!

Oh boy Roy!

That is a long time! Democrats rule!

(Who needs republican puuccceeesss at the helm?)
Dutch Schultz

Waynesboro, MS

#943282 Jul 12, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>YO STFU YT BOY YOU ARE A F'ing 85% SUCKER SLAVE MINDED SUCKER never been in active GF where you got real ROUNDS GOING OFF AROUND YOU FOR HOURS f outta here stop talking about what you know nothing of Mr. LARRY MADE THE WAY POSSIBLE AND N*G NOG sold him out in the chi BLACK POLITICIANS DID THAT FOR YT F U SUCKER NOG
"Chi-raq"

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#943284 Jul 12, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You also are stupid as I thought you were! Read my title, I'm from Jersey dummy! His ass would be locked up, doing 20 plus up here! I have no problem with white people. Now down in Florida, that's another story! If the law fails in this case &, people feel like they can instigate then legally shoot people. What do think the fucking outcome is gon be? They're going to feel like the system failed them, once again &, regardless if y'all want to admit it or not, the whole thing reeks if racial motivation. It will be hell to pay in Florida. Home invasions will increase sharply. Remember, there's no crime in profiling & following people so, criminals really will be following white folks home for robbery reasons. Its gon get ugly down there if he's acquitted, trust me! I don't want you to treat me like shit. I don't need your approval!
Your "title" doesn't mean sht to me. Neither does where you're from. This is what you said:

"White people are gonna be popping up dead left & right if he's acquitted"

It's going to get ugly in more places than just florida. For whatever reason, there are those in society that think something like this gives them an excuse to bring harm to others with no regard for human life. Then there are those that don't need an excuse; they were raised with no regard for human life. I've read enough of your post to know you were raised with no regard for human life. When a gangbager is killed, I say fck em...let their momma morn their death, no one else.

The notion that crime will increase sharply because of a not guilty verdict is plain stupid.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#943286 Jul 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
So what's taking so long? He's guilty, let's end this.
They shouldn't have even gives him a trial. hang'em from the nearest tree!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#943287 Jul 12, 2013
Why Republicans Might Lose in 2016

Megan McArdle thinks that a Republican victory in 2016 is likely. The reason? Voter fatigue with the other party:

At the beginning of Obamaís term, people were talking about the kind of Democratic dominance that FDR enjoyed. Didnít happen. Isnít going to. So I think the GOP goes into the race with a big edge on the White House. Voters just get tired after eight years.

Itís true that in the post-WWII era one party has rarely controlled the White House for three consecutive terms, and that could be a problem for the Democrats in the next election. However, voter fatigue and anti-incumbency sentiment donít just happen because of a certain length of time in office.They are products of political and policy failure by the incumbent party and, probably more important, worsening economic and social conditions. If economic conditions are good and the country isnít in an open-ended war, most voters will favor continuity over change. The 1960 and 2000 elections are reminders of how close Eisenhower and Clinton came to having a successor from their own party, which means that it isnít as strange as the official results suggest.* The Democrats won the presidential popular vote three times in a row within recent memory, and they have won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections, so based on recent experience we would have to say that the burden is on the GOP to demonstrate that they can cobble together a winning coalition in a presidential year.

As far as the GOP is concerned, the problem with expecting anti-Democratic voter fatigue in 2016 is that it could delude many Republicans into thinking that they can get away with running another ill-suited nominee with more or less the same uninspired and irrelevant agenda that Romney offered voters last year. One of the things that harmed the Republicans in the last presidential election is that they assumed that they were ďsupposedĒ to win because of economic factors. This conveyed the message they felt entitled to winning the election, and it confirmed that they were oblivious to the modest improvement in the economy. Depending on the state of the economy in 2015 and 2016, Republicans may end up setting themselves up for disappointment again if they assume that a majority will be eager to throw the other party out.

What happens in the 2014 elections could make a difference. If the Republicans take control of the Senate and retain control of the House as they are likely to do, the next Republican nominee will have the difficulty of reassuring voters that they shouldnít fear unified Republican government. Considering how poorly the last period of unified Republican control went, that could be a very difficult sale.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#943288 Jul 12, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hey man!
I voted for Gore!
9/11 would have never happened!
Never!
Gore's jets would have flown supersonic!
Kaaaaaboooom!!!
Would have put up a trillion dollar defense.
But hey enjoy the Genius!!
After this: HILLARY!
8 MORE!
Republicans never going to win white house again!
Never!
Oh boy Roy!
That is a long time! Democrats rule!
(Who needs republican puuccceeesss at the helm?)
You voted for the winner obama and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything you dumbass...

It's the culture..
Ethics

Somerset, KY

#943290 Jul 12, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You also are stupid as I thought you were! Read my title, I'm from Jersey dummy! His ass would be locked up, doing 20 plus up here! I have no problem with white people. Now down in Florida, that's another story! If the law fails in this case &, people feel like they can instigate then legally shoot people. What do think the fucking outcome is gon be? They're going to feel like the system failed them, once again &, regardless if y'all want to admit it or not, the whole thing reeks if racial motivation. It will be hell to pay in Florida. Home invasions will increase sharply. Remember, there's no crime in profiling & following people so, criminals really will be following white folks home for robbery reasons. Its gon get ugly down there if he's acquitted, trust me! I don't want you to treat me like shit. I don't need your approval!
Solution: Arm all white, honest wage earning, non-criminals.
Step a foot where ya don't belong-TOUGH CHIT fer the trespassers.

Raining like ell in Jawsey, nothing like a good air cleansing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#943291 Jul 12, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Cuomo/Castro 2016
Cuomo more likely than Hillary, but not much.

Fidel will be dead by then.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#943292 Jul 12, 2013
Your dumb ffccckkking Republicans killed millions all over the whole earth!

Did you shed a tear?

The healthcare system in the USA is broken!!

Thousands of deaths a month!

Did you cry?

Right winger republican frauds!

Against the people!!! F U

9/11: Republican ffccckkkk up?

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "title" doesn't mean sht to me. Neither does where you're from. This is what you said:
"White people are gonna be popping up dead left & right if he's acquitted"
It's going to get ugly in more places than just florida. For whatever reason, there are those in society that think something like this gives them an excuse to bring harm to others with no regard for human life. Then there are those that don't need an excuse; they were raised with no regard for human life. I've read enough of your post to know you were raised with no regard for human life. When a gangbager is killed, I say fck em...let their momma morn their death, no one else.
The notion that crime will increase sharply because of a not guilty verdict is plain stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 244,817
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 17 hr The Fact Is 6,467
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,850
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web