Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497348 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940966 Jul 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever did you come with the idea that First Lady Michelle Obama is interested in public office? It's not true.
President Obama has no say as to who will win the nomination. You just make stuff as if you're only talking to the dummy rightwingers; you know, the ones who argued for days that Hitler was democratically elected! OOpppsie! So did you. I forgot.
Obama is in absolute control of the DemoKKKrat Party.

All the Obama fundraising is for his personal political organization, not for the party.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#940967 Jul 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me the NSA must of gathered information on the Moslem-what? oh they didn't profile Moslems--why ? because O'bama told them not to.
the NSA doesn't have to profile Muslims, they're intercepting everybodies phone call, internet usage and emails. There were plenty of warnings that the military missed. You can't blame the President for the incompetence of minor military officers

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#940968 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
one word FILIBUSTER......Look it up....the GOP has used it a record number of times, their use is unprecedented in the history of the U.S. Congress
Good. The entire country has been duped... again. Fortunately there is a rule in the Senate to stop the Marxist communist takeover of the country.
I'd like to see the filibuster used continuously until the Senate passes a goddam budget, something we haven't seen since Obama took office.
An idiot can tell you any government that can't even budget itself is certain to collapse.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940969 Jul 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever did you come with the idea that First Lady Michelle Obama is interested in public office? It's not true.
President Obama has no say as to who will win the nomination. You just make stuff as if you're only talking to the dummy rightwingers; you know, the ones who argued for days that Hitler was democratically elected! OOpppsie! So did you. I forgot.
Galt is convinced more broadly that the 2016 nominee will be an Obama surrogate, Moochelle being only one of several possibilities.

Others include Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, and Eric Holder.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940970 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did or did not Barack Obama lie about a video on the anniversary of a 9/11 terrorist attack on an embassy in front of the UN two weeks after Benghazi - and one week after Hillary Clinton admitted it was, indeed, a terrorist attack - still blaming the video?
Yes or no, Lily?
Better look it up before answering.
No
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940971 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is convinced more broadly that the 2016 nominee will be an Obama surrogate, Moochelle being only one of several possibilities.
Others include Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, and Eric Holder.
I highly doubt any of the above is interested.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940972 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone who's been in the military since the late 70's knows your serial number is your SSN. so asking someone to post their serial number is
1. either an idiot, knowing full well in this age of identity theft won't do it.
2. or has never been in the military and has watched 1 to many WWII flicks
And that is exactly why Nobraina tries to not talk about any military service . He gives himself away every time.. Too funny

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#940973 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Tell it to the Republicans because they WANT your vagina.
O'bamacare owns your vagina. You have to read O'bamacare to see what's in it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940974 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone who's been in the military since the late 70's knows your serial number is your SSN. so asking someone to post their serial number is
1. either an idiot, knowing full well in this age of identity theft won't do it.
2. or has never been in the military and has watched 1 to many WWII flicks
Early 70s, dufus. I think since 71, maybe 72.
I remember mine.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#940975 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point.
The only way that Obama would allow Hillary to have the nomination would be if she agreed to accept Moochelle as VP.
But why do that when he can just install Moochelle at the top of the ticket?
Hillary/Michelle would win in a landslide. Homer would vote for that ticket.

Prevented this

#940976 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the NSA doesn't have to profile Muslims, they're intercepting everybodies phone call, internet usage and emails. There were plenty of warnings that the military missed. You can't blame the President for the incompetence of minor military officers
I can blame the idiot O'bama for everything.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940977 Jul 9, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Question A-Of course. then I would I would expect the nieghborhood watch person to remain in place, and wait for the law to show up, if not in any immediate danger.
Question B-Absolutely-common sense would definitely propel ANYONE having ay-to stay on the RIGHT path, rather than veer off in any WRONG direction.
Hense-- In trouble, found trouble, both out looking for trouble.
Second degree manslaughter is appropriate.
The rest of the stuff is just --MORE racist based bullchit.
Perhaps you're right.

Location hidden

#940978 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is in absolute control of the DemoKKKrat Party.
All the Obama fundraising is for his personal political organization, not for the party.
Obama doesn't need a personal political organization any longer since he won't ever run for office again in his life. Just another loony conspiracy theory.
You're right about one thing though, Obama is the leader of the Democratic party. Who is the leader of the Republican party? That one will keep you busy for a while.
LCN Llin

United States

#940979 Jul 9, 2013
Good News for America

First lady Michelle Obama on Tuesday hosted a “Kids’ State Dinner” at the White House. The event honored 54 children who won a national healthy lunch recipe contest associated with Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move!” initiative.

First lady Michelle Obama speaks at a Kids' State Dinner at the White House on Tuesday. Obama welcomed 54 children to the White House for creating winning recipes as part of a healthy lunch contest.

In some ways the lunch was indeed just like a real state dinner, the first lady noted when greeting the group. Everybody got to go through a reception line. They walked a red carpet past a group of press. They had to wait and wait to get through security.

“It’s a real hassle coming to the White House, isn’t it?” said Mrs. Obama.

But in other ways the lunch was actually better than the nighttime dinners that honor foreign leaders. For one thing, you could eat with your fingers. The first lady, in her remarks, expressly permitted such behavior.

This did not sit well with her husband, who made a drop-by appearance.

“Michelle never said to me I could just pick up something with my fingers at a state dinner. That’s just not fair,” President Obama said, to general hilarity from the 8- to 12-year-old contest winners.

Also, there were balloon animals. A really good balloon person entertained the kids as they filed in. His yellow giraffe was phenomenal.

“I don’t know who’s more popular, Mrs. Obama or the balloon guy,” said Michael Curtin, CEO of DC Central Kitchen and a judge of the recipe contest, prior to the meal.

The food itself was different, too. It was a selection of the winning recipes, one from each state and three US territories. These ran the gamut from “Alaskan Ceviche with Mango” to “Wisconsin Solar Oven-Simmered Chili.”

More than 1,300 children entered the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge contest, which was funded by the food website Epicurious as well as “Let’s Move.” It called for recipes based on the US Department of Agriculture healthy eating guidelines for kids at ChooseMyPlate.gov .

As you might expect, many of the winning recipes are pretty healthy-sounding. Most school lunchrooms don’t feature something called the Bring It On Brussels Sprouts Wrap, invented by 9-year-old Corbin Jackson of South Carolina.

There were lots of lettuce cups. Many winners got their start cooking because they or a sibling has a health challenge that limits their diet.

But gluten-free does not have to mean “tasteless.” Mrs. Obama mentioned that the Fun Mini-Pizza recipe of 10-year-old Olivia Neely of Kansas was so tasty that at least one judge could not believe the crust was made from cauliflower, not flour, and went back to the kitchen to make sure it had been made correctly.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#940980 Jul 9, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You really need to be banned for two weeks or until you shown greater civility and respect for others on here.
You can go eat a bag a fudgecicles w/the other idiot.

You want respect-you GIVE it as well.

I wasn't done discussing MY opinion w/Carol on the Trayvon Martin case.

At BEST, it would be a second degree manslaughter charge.

Now having stated that...and hearing a little more from teh defence-

If someone was looming over me-in the dark, and ignoring my requests to "get off of me"-then...

HELL YEAH-

THEN-
(Get the) FK OFF (OF ME) IS-

SELF DEFENSE.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940981 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you blaming Bush for not knowing about the 9/11(/2001) attack this morning?

Do you clowns ever listen to yourselves?

Orlando, FL

#940982 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary/Michelle would win in a landslide. Homer would vote for that ticket.
Well good. Because then we'd have a president who'd say "what difference at this point does it make" whenever there was another terrorist attack and a vice-president who'd say she's never been proud of her country again.

You're so on the right track, Homer.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940983 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary/Michelle would win in a landslide. Homer would vote for that ticket.
Would you support Weiner-Holder?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#940984 Jul 9, 2013
Watergate-Style Stolen Computers Point to Hillary

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/07/07/does-the...

Prevented this

#940985 Jul 9, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Kvetch All Fraudy, we all have known for a long, long time that you HATE everything in all your incarnations...still borin' all your assumed cohorts to death?
CBO: 20+ Week Fetuses Aborted at Rate of 30 Per Day; Saves Money for Government-Run Health Care--thank you, Leo, for complying says the liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Rshermr 10,986
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 hr Faith Michigan 313,382
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed ResidentPhartx 32,756
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Tue TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue waaasssuuup 258,484
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web