Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,698)

Showing posts 853,941 - 853,960 of1,073,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not if the company takes their money away by force....
Pa. woman sues McDonald's store owners over prepaid debit card used for wages
Natalie Gunshannon worked at a Shavertown, Pa., McDonald's location when she learned that the franchise required employees to accept payment on a J.P. Morgan Chase payroll card. But the card, she contends, imposes fees on virtually every transaction, creating a monetary and physical barrier to her hard-earned cash.
On the other hand, many such employees lack the ability to cash a check without paying significant check-cashing fees and would prefer a debit card.

Many employers today pay only by direct deposit and offer no option. Payroll checks are a thing of the past, too expensive to process.

Got a problem with that?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, then please show me how many conservative congressmen who are calling for eliminating farm subsidies, oil subsidies or a reduction in the defense budget.
Paul Ryan. Wisconsin. He has been trying to get this crap cut for two years.
This week, Representative Paul D. Ryan, Republican of Wisconsin and the chairman of the House Budget Committee, told reporters,“We shouldn’t be giving corporate farms, these large agribusiness companies, subsidies. I strongly believe that.”

His budget proposal would take $30 billion out of the farm program over the next decade.

Representative Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia and the majority leader, attended the first session of debt-limit negotiations on Thursday with a list of areas where he saw a potential agreement between Republicans and the White House, including farm subsidies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/07/us/politics...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, then please show me how many conservative congressmen who are calling for eliminating farm subsidies, oil subsidies or a reduction in the defense budget.
Conservative members of Congress would gladly vote for across-the-board spending cuts, including elimination of all tax credits and subsidies.

Of course, that would include eliminating the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Obamacare premium subsidy, as well as the tax credits and subsidies that you dislike.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?!?!?!?
How would you know that son?
No prosecution for tax evasion.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not if the company takes their money away by force....
Pa. woman sues McDonald's store owners over prepaid debit card used for wages
Natalie Gunshannon worked at a Shavertown, Pa., McDonald's location when she learned that the franchise required employees to accept payment on a J.P. Morgan Chase payroll card. But the card, she contends, imposes fees on virtually every transaction, creating a monetary and physical barrier to her hard-earned cash.
By Sasha Goldstein / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, June 17, 2013, 8:44 PM
Print
Natalie Gunshannon holds a copy of a lawsuit filed by her attorneys against a McDonald’s franchise owner. The single mother, who worked briefly at a northeastern Pennsylvania franchise, said she was suing the owners after she was given a fee-laden debit card and told that she must use it to access her earnings.
Mark Moran/AP
Natalie Gunshannon holds a copy of a lawsuit filed by her attorneys against a McDonald’s franchise owner. The single mother, who worked briefly at a northeastern Pennsylvania franchise, said she was suing the owners after she was given a fee-laden debit card and told that she must use it to access her earnings.
She asked for paper - but all they offered was plastic.
A Pennsylvania woman is now suing the McDonald's franchise that refused to pay her by check and instead insisted on employees using payroll debit cards.
RELATED: SUIT FILED AGAINST RECORD LABEL'S RIGHTS TO 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'
"I'm looking for the pay I am owed and for them to understand there has to be an option," Natalie Gunshannon, 27, told the Citizen's Voice newspaper.
Gunshannon worked less than a month at the Shavertown McDonald's location when she learned that the franchise required employees to accept payment on a J.P. Morgan Chase payroll card. But the card, she contends, imposes fees on virtually every transaction, creating a monetary and physical barrier to her hard-earned cash. Among the costs, according to her lawsuit:$1.50 for an ATM withdrawal,$5 for over-the-counter cash withdrawals and $1 to check the balance. There's even a charge to pay a bill online or if the card is lost or stolen.
RELATED: STOP-FRISK SUIT MAY BRING FEDERAL MONITOR TO NYPD
"When they work hard and earn their wages, why should they have to pay fees to collect their rightful wages?" her attorney, Mike Cefalo, told the Wilkes Barre Times-Leader.
Gunshannon, a single mother, made $7.44 an hour during her three weeks at the fast-food chain. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. Coupled with the fees, Gunshannon says she was not making enough money. And when she asked to be paid another way, the franchise's owner allegedly told her the card was the only option.
RELATED: WAITER SUES COLUMBIA OVER STOLEN TIPS
"I need to receive all the money I earn," she said. "I can't afford to lose even a few dollars per paycheck. I just think people should be paid fairly and not have to pay fees to get their wages."....
Geez don't print this too much. The liberals will get ideas. They will want to put food stamps in the form of cash instead of on a card.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you got one thing right, when it comes to young boys, the catholic church has a very hands on approach
I often wonder why the Catholic church ever allowed homosexuals.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I keep telling you you can leave son.
And I keep asking you what country is better than America...
... but you don't answer.
And I've also suggested you live in your motherland as well. We don't need you demanding that we support other foreign nations.
My mother land is Russia. That is where my relatives immigrated legally from. Putin is a better leader than O'bama these days. Maybe you are correct, they don't put up with moslem bull crap either.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
At a minimum in 2012, Dennis Kucinich and Tim Holden.
Probably others.
Kucinich was mostly the victim of gerrymandering, the district was redrawn, Kucinich didn't stand a chance against Kaptur. Not sure about Holden from your area, was the PA 17th congressional district redesigned?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Quit growing corn for ethanol. I am all for cutting the farm subsidiaries. The democrat state of Illinois is one of the biggest scams for farm subsidies.
top ten states receiving farm subsidies
1 Texas $27,345,263,157 9.3%
2 Iowa $24,933,868,807 8.5%
3 Illinois $20,701,913,443 7.1%
4 Minnesota $17,131,808,699 5.9%
5 Nebraska $16,387,370,103 5.6%
6 Kansas $16,357,331,273 5.6%
7 North Dakota $14,891,707,006 5.1%
8 South Dakota $11,112,537,228 3.8%
9 Arkansas $10,816,848,467 3.7%
10 California $10,341,252,547 3.5%

and I'm willing to guess that in those liberal states, the subsidies go to conservative rural counties that vote conservative

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting report, which I'm pretty sure you haven't read, only copied some conservative talking points
so from the little I've read, there has been a problem with the process since its inception in 1996 (Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress and enacted the change to the tax code)
upon complaints by 2 IRS employees, the IRS launched an investigation.
the number of ITIN's being turned down has increased since CY 2008
the IG reported there are serious problems
7 of the 9 recommendations of the report have been adopted by the IRS.
so what have we learned
there is a problem with the tax code, has been since 1996. nothing was done to fix the problem until the Obama administration.
BTW, I wouldn't give credit to the White House politicians for correcting the problem, I'll bet is the career bureaucrats....
oh, and I'm pretty sure the same problem was happening under the Bush administration, only they failed to investigate it
It was fixed? LOL. I can hardly wait to see what 2012 looks like. How long has O'bama been in office? never?

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I often wonder why the Catholic church ever allowed homosexuals.
dude, first you need to learn the difference between homosexual and pedophile

one has an attraction to adults of the same sex, the other has an attraction to prepubescent children be they male or female
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you got one thing right, when it comes to young boys, the catholic church has a very hands on approach
Brilliant!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My mother land is Russia. That is where my relatives immigrated legally from. Putin is a better leader than O'bama these days. Maybe you are correct, they don't put up with moslem bull crap either.
I'm guessing you're a big fan of Stalin too,

my girlfriend immigrated from Russia, she hates putin as does every other Russian I know. he's a brutal dictator. many believe that those Chechenyan terrorist attacks in Moscow were false flag operations.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative members of Congress would gladly vote for across-the-board spending cuts, including elimination of all tax credits and subsidies.
Of course, that would include eliminating the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Obamacare premium subsidy, as well as the tax credits and subsidies that you dislike.
then how come they didn't propose gutting farm subsidies on the latest farm bill????

actions speak louder than words...republicans were all for cutting food stamps, but not a one mentioned cutting farm subsidies

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you do realize that "PRIMARIED" has become a verb, Like Sen Luger was PRIMARIED by a tea party candidate.
when was the last time you saw a Democratic incumbent lose his seat in a primary election because he wasn't liberal enough or didn't toe the party line lock step
"Primaried" only applies to the Democratic party because there no longer is a Republican party, just a anti-Obama party, hating him is all they agree on. In 2014 the last remnants of the former Republican party will self-destruct. Bless the tea baggers!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well... you've been shown to be a liar son.
That much is clear.
Your failure to understand 100 minus 41 equals 59 makes you an idiot.
I had it right.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I always find it amazing that the conservative right demonizes illegal immigrants, complaining of how much of a parasite they are on our society, but they never mention the people/industries that hire them and make a pretty penny exploiting them.
Myth One: Assuming all illegal aliens are employed? The number is unknown and probably small due to myth 2.

Progressives confuse aliens entering the country with work permitted green cards. These individuals are not illegal aliens unless they don't leave after card expires.

Myth Two: Not realizing it is already illegal to hire illegal aliens.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you interpret them tho!
Yes, that very odd stat that 100 minus 41 equals 59.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's fine.
I understand
You don't want choice.
"yuck"
Many of us want a choice, life not death by murder/abortion.
Peace
KMA
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I find it so funny cons are already attacking Hillary when she hasn't entered and they don't have a candidate step up to the plate.
It is funny Progressives keep promoting Hilary as the 2016 winner though she hasn't entered the race so you don't have a candidate at the plate either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 853,941 - 853,960 of1,073,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••