Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
852,821 - 852,840 of 1,098,984 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
Does anyone here still think Obama is not corrupt?
Yeah, Yeah does.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
And if no one feeds the ol' fart, Yeah, he will put his teeth back into his pocket and roam off.
lol! What's the matter son? Afraid of your ignorance being shown?

Don't worry. It's too late now.
proud2bwhite

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, guessing is about the only thing you do. Guessing wrong is probably your most consistent endeavour.
really,you don't support obama. Make up your mind boy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama beat Hillary by playing the race card.
Will do it again in 2016.
I disagree. As someone who was and is a Hillary supporter, I believe Obama beat Hillary because he was more charismatic and an unknown with little baggage to be exploited. Yes, some voters supported Obama because he was black. However, IMO, more voters supported him because Hillary was a woman. All in all, "the race card" had little to do with his winning the Democratic primary.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, those banks CREATED the those loans.
You really know nothing about it at all.
Yeah, boy, the banks intentionally created bad loans so that they could buy them up, become insolvent, and need a government bailout.

Makes lots of sense, to idiots like you, boy.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's insulting protestants and catholics into peace (cause you know how bad it is over there) while Michelle has half of Dublin shut down so she and the girls can sight see. Same ol, same ol.
Do you feel like you've been led into the forest and abandoned by your tour guide? Or is it just me?

Never has any president been so absent in the middle of so many uncertainties.

He got lucky going abroad so he wouldn't have to play hide and seek here for a while.

But where has this president been and why hasn't he been talking to us?

He just left us hanging in the wind. Did he retire before he left and not tell anyone?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, those banks CREATED the those loans.
You really know nothing about it at all.
Clinton and his Democrats lit a fire under the banks to make those bad loans.

You're still clueless, missy.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Yeah does.
And still no takers as to what conservative.

Gee, I guess the point is they're all corrupt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts indicated you are retarded, so that's what I called you.
I simply pointed out your hypocrisy.
Get over it, little boy/girl. Considering the damage you on the left are doing to the country, I don't think calling you a retard is unfair, or inaccurate.
Well, certainly no one would ever accuse you of taking the high ground for winning an argument.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> really,you don't support obama. Make up your mind boy.
Still guessing I see. And still keeping the same batting average too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

correction...."or" winning an argument.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel like you've been led into the forest and abandoned by your tour guide? Or is it just me?
Never has any president been so absent in the middle of so many uncertainties.
He got lucky going abroad so he wouldn't have to play hide and seek here for a while.
But where has this president been and why hasn't he been talking to us?
He just left us hanging in the wind. Did he retire before he left and not tell anyone?
bushie boy has gotten lost.

and he still continues things to remain that way, son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton and his Democrats lit a fire under the banks to make those bad loans.
You're still clueless, missy.
That's your opinion son.

No one forced banks to change their lending requirements. They did that on their own.

Clueless doesn't begin to describe your blindness by politics.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. As someone who was and is a Hillary supporter, I believe Obama beat Hillary because he was more charismatic and an unknown with little baggage to be exploited. Yes, some voters supported Obama because he was black. However, IMO, more voters supported him because Hillary was a woman. All in all, "the race card" had little to do with his winning the Democratic primary.
Let's just stick to what Harry Reid said.

"Barack Obama is light-skinned enough and doesn't talk in a negro dialect unless he wants to."

Or even Joe Biden.

"Barack Obama is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Good thing he was the "first mainstream" African-American who was "clean".

Yep, no subtle racism in your party.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's your opinion son.
No one forced banks to change their lending requirements. They did that on their own.
Clueless doesn't begin to describe your blindness by politics.
That's documented facts, missy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
BS

Obama won the Black Belt primaries, mostly states where Democrats don't win the general election.

Then he creamed Hillary in caucus states by packing the meetings with threatening elements of society.

Then he took advantage of a nominating process that was stacked to give preference to blacks.

So, Obama won the nomination even though Hillary won most of the primaries.

And Obama will sabotage Hillary in the same manner in 2016.

Might as well bend over for the Obama surrogate candidate (TBD).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, impeachment seems appropriate.
Proof??? Not one shred of evidence has linked Obama to ANY of your fantasy scandals. You can't impeach someone for being smarter than you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof??? Not one shred of evidence has linked Obama to ANY of your fantasy scandals. You can't impeach someone for being smarter than you.
Just because a criminal is smart enough to carefully cover his trail does not mean that he isn't a criminal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I find it interesting that both the prosecution and the defense in the Martin/Zimmerman trial opted for an all female jury. Guess both sides decided they needed jurors who might be swayed by emotion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Republican and Democratic leaders waged a blame game Thursday after GOP-backed cuts to food stamps unexpectedly derailed a trillion-dollar piece of legislation known as the farm bill.

The bill's stunning failure sets back for a second year progress on the country's agricultural policies and gives House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) a fresh black eye after his chamber failed to move a farm bill last year. The Senate has passed its version twice, with large majorities.

The contentious measure would have cut the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program by $20.5 billion, or roughly $2 billion per year -- depriving 2 million Americans of food assistance -- and a sufficient number of Democrats were apparently ready to approve it.

But this week Republicans added amendments to let states drug-test SNAP program beneficiaries and set up additional work requirements that anti-hunger advocates and Democrats warned would give states incentives to boot even more people from the food-stamp rolls.

The latter amendment, from Rep. Steve Southerland (R-Fla.), became a sticking point. While Democrats said the measure would essentially pay states to reduce enrollment, Republicans touted the supposed success of a similar policy in the 1996 "welfare reform" law, which instituted work requirements in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program.

"We cannot continue to deny able-bodied people the dignity of work," said Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.). "There seems to be a belief in the nanny state that there's something wrong with requiring abled-bodied people to work. That's what this amendment does."

The idea was to make more SNAP beneficiaries sign up for training programs on pain of losing benefits. But Democrats noted there was no funding for training, and that it included parents of young children and even many disabled people. Nor did it place any restrictions on how states could use the money they saved, allowing them to shift it away from employment programs.

Republicans were quick to blame Democrats for the farm bill's failure, with multiple senior aides saying that Democrats had promised to deliver at least 40 votes to get the measure over the line. Democrats didn't dispute that there was an initial deal, but the top Democrat on the Agriculture Committee warned before the vote that many saw the Southerland amendment as a deal-breaker.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) echoed the sentiment later, rather pointedly casting aspersions on Boehner's ability to manage his fractious, tea party-divided caucus.

"It's always interesting to me when people blame other people for their own failures," Pelosi said. "It's silly, it's sad, it's juvenile, it's unprofessional, it's amateur hour."

The measure failed 195 to 234, with 62 Republicans voting against it. Pelosi noted that nearly all of the GOP opponents -- 58 of them -- voted for Southerland's amendment.

"I just can't get over the fact that 58 republicans voted for an amendment that would sink the bill," Pelosi said. "It's a stunning thing. Why would you give people an amendment that's going to kill your bill, and then go blame it on somebody else?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/food...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min CunningLinguist 226,129
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 42 min Pearl Jam 305,426
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr anonymous 27,022
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••