Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262527 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#909677 May 23, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
PIERS MORGAN: NOW I SEE U.S. GOVERNMENT TYRANNY
Anti-gun host finally admits firearm advocates might be onto something
Is British CNN host Piers Morgan finally admitting gun advocates have a point when they say the Second Amendment is to protect citizens from tyrannical government?
Morgan has made headlines for many months as he loudly trumpeted the cause of gun control, even to the detriment of his shows ratings.
Now – after learning of the Obama administration’s involvement in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups and its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records – the CNN host admitted to guest Penn Jillette that perhaps gun advocates were right about creeping tyranny after all:
“I’ve had some of the pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me,‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them,” Morgan said.“I said,‘Don’t be ridiculous! Your government won’t turn itself on you....
“But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government.” said Piers Morgan
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/piers-morgan-now-i...
What a lot of croc, you nut jobs never change. Piers Morgan has never changed his position on gun control and as usual grab a word from one sentence to the next you have a whole new statement. Get off those right wing blogs and look at a proper news service like the New York Times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#909678 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Have “Scandals” Sparked A New Tea Party Revival?
It’s as predictable as Glenn Beck’s tears. As soon as a president appears to be weakened by attack, the media pounces in a feeding frenzy hoping to score a kill. Some do it out of partisan animus. Some do it for personal glory. But either way it’s a bloodcurdling spectacle that contains scant morsels of actual substance.
In the present festival of feasting, many in the press are asking the same question: Have the scandals plaguing the White House created an opportunity for the moribund Tea Party to mount a revival? Take a look at a selection of the headlines:
Scandals revive Tea Party, threaten Obamacare – Boston Herald
Tea Party revival – World Magazine
Will the IRS scandal revive the Tea Party?– The Week Magazine
IRS scandal revives tea party – CNN
IRS scandal: Reinvigorated tea party eager to seize moment – Christian Science Monitor
Tea Party Looks To Gain Momentum In IRS Scandal Aftermath – Huffington Post
Back from the dead – WorldNetDaily
That last one from WorldNetDaily is particularly notable because it presumes that the Tea Party has been dead, which is not something that WorldNetDaily ordinarily admits.
To answer the burning question of the day, let’s examine how the Tea Party responded to the scandal outbreak. With lightening-fast reflexes, the Tea Party Patriots organized protests across the country to “Rein in the IRS.” And their legions of followers stepped up to speak truth to power. There were 30 of them in Topeka, 70 in Phoenix, 100 in Tampa, 30 in Kansas City, 11 in Tallahassee, 100 in Chicago, 50 in Denver, 6 in Helena, and 50 in San Bernardino where they also spoke Hitlerian rhetoric to power. In the nation’s second biggest city, Los Angeles, the Teabaggers showed up 13 strong.
WOW! If this isn’t a demonstration of just how engaged and relevant the Tea Party is, I don’t know what would be. Clearly they have the political punch of a drunken gerbil. Nevertheless, the media will continue to prop them up as if they were actually influential. The press will ignore factual data like that presented here and fluff the baggers excitedly in the hopes of producing a climax of contrived controversy.
The truly depressing part of this is that the failure to recognize the impotence of the Tea Party will only embolden the minority fringe caucus of the Republicans in congress and encourage them to persist in their obstructionist strategy that has been so hurtful, divisive, and regressive socially and economically.
In a few weeks this will all have been forgotten and, if recent polling is any indicator, the President will be more popular than ever, and the GOP congress will hit new lows. In the meantime, it’s going to be a summer of frustration as little progress is made on the real problems that plague our nation. Too bad.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Yep, the Tea baggers are no different than the Boston Bombers, Extremists who need to have background checks done on them. The IRS was just part of that, checking whether any money was going to terrorist front groups. They had nothing to apologise for.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909679 May 23, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of croc, you nut jobs never change. Piers Morgan has never changed his position on gun control and as usual grab a word from one sentence to the next you have a whole new statement. Get off those right wing blogs and look at a proper news service like the New York Times.
WHY not Washington Times :)
``````````
Piers Morgan: IRS, AP scandals 'tyrannical'

“I said ‘don’t be so ridiculous, your own government won’t turn itself on you,’ but, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government,” Mr. Morgan said.“I think what the IRS did is bordering on tyrannical behavior. I think what the Department of Justice has done to the AP is bordering on tyrannical behavior.”

Mr. Jillette agreed, responding,“There’s no doubt about that.… I think that it shows you that how much we can trust the government and just sit back, which is not very much at all.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909680 May 23, 2013
COPIED from another poster:

Rosa - Mobile, Alabama

Mr. Portnoy...
I am to the point I now announce myself as an Independent. Speaker Boehner let us down terribly, right when Obama was being hit with the deserved advise "MAN UP". Speaker Boehner went LIMP! When Obama put his arm around the Speaker's neck and then patted him on the leg after their one on one meeting. I felt gut sick...I said to myself "Boehner's caved". And, he had. Its been a down hill slide ever since then. Find that news clip...look at it...you can't miss the shame in Boehner's body language.

I love our country. Obama does not. Its that simple. Please with your contacts help me save our beloved United States of America. I want my country back! The one my Father fought in two wars for! I was raised to respect the President. I no longer can do that in all sincerity. I said The Pledge of Allegiance with hand over heart every school day, and was proud to do it. Its hard to wrap my head around how Obama was re-elected. The MAJORITY for sure did not want HIM! We need to reinstate the moral fiber men like my Father and President Reagan and President Kennedy had.

God is condemning our country now. We don't want a one world Government...we are the USA and we stand tall just as we are if we can get the corruptness out of the White House. We want the UN out of America's business too! How we achieve this without a revolution I don't have the answer. I do know we MUST achieve this to get our country back.

Will I fight for America? Yep! You betcha' I will. The Statue of Liberty is hanging her head in shame. I want her to have her head up and be as proud as the day I saw her coming into the harbor after the Korean conflict. I welled up with pride for my beautiful, proud, brave and free country and I was yet a young girl. Not Political...just had that unfathomable feeling my homeland was a very special place and I was so happy to be home.

Today, my children and g-children don't have that inside them to the degree I did. I wish they had it...but History is being distorted in the classrooms...we've lost the land of the free and the home of the brave without a doubt. They are made to question, and then this MAN in OUR WHITE HOUSE goes around the world apologizing for AMERICA! Excuse me...but he is not proud and Presidential.

He is arrogant and ashamed and has the audacity to lead the world into believing its how we feel. He has NO RIGHT.

He is BAD BAD BAD.

Despicable!

He wants to be a King and have subjects bow to him...He is so in love with himself...and he is a phony and his word is not his bond, no-sirree!! You invited comments, I've made mine sir.

Thank you,
rosa

I happen to AGREE with her ... <3

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909681 May 23, 2013
The Right’s Scandal Hypocrisy

How can people who just a few years ago were defending executive privilege suddenly become such ferocious advocates of presidential transparency?

It’s pretty rich, isn’t it, to see conservatives, not so long ago such ferocious guardians of presidential prerogative, suddenly acting as if they’d all interned at Common Cause when they were in college and thumping their chests about presidential transparency? I bet we could count on one hand—or more likely, on no hands—the number of conservative commentators who were insisting that the Bush White House should come clean about what Scooter Libby did in relation to the Valerie Plame matter. But now, suddenly, Barack Obama must come clean on all particulars, or he’s, you guessed it, the dreaded Nixon! Of course, Nixon wasn’t always the dreaded Nixon, because to the conservatives of the early 1970s who agreed 110 percent with Tricky Dick’s claims of executive privilege, he was the heroic, stalwart Nixon. It’s only when a Democrat is in, apparently, that democracy itself is on the line.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909682 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Right’s Scandal Hypocrisy
How can people who just a few years ago were defending executive privilege suddenly become such ferocious advocates of presidential transparency?
It’s pretty rich, isn’t it, to see conservatives, not so long ago such ferocious guardians of presidential prerogative, suddenly acting as if they’d all interned at Common Cause when they were in college and thumping their chests about presidential transparency? I bet we could count on one hand—or more likely, on no hands—the number of conservative commentators who were insisting that the Bush White House should come clean about what Scooter Libby did in relation to the Valerie Plame matter. But now, suddenly, Barack Obama must come clean on all particulars, or he’s, you guessed it, the dreaded Nixon! Of course, Nixon wasn’t always the dreaded Nixon, because to the conservatives of the early 1970s who agreed 110 percent with Tricky Dick’s claims of executive privilege, he was the heroic, stalwart Nixon. It’s only when a Democrat is in, apparently, that democracy itself is on the line.
a couple of comments from your article :)
``````````

coldlogic
10 hours ago
I detested the previous administration for exact kind of excesses this author catalogs - and is the main reason I voted for Obama in 2008. A Constitutional Law Professor, who said all the right civil-liberty things, an intelligent man who thinks things through.

Boy was I wrong - it makes the let-down all the worse with Obama because he sold himself as the exact opposite of Bush, but really is just a doubling-down of Bush at his worst. But of course the author, being a partisan lefty, can't take his eyes off Republicans for even two seconds no matter how unseemly 'his' boy currently-in-power becomes.

Sampsonaz
13 hours ago
Michael, project much? You just described the progressive movement. Progressive have absolutely no shame. You are defending the indefensible.

Benghazi was a cover up for political purposes. You know this and support it. Shame!

IRS was instructed to target conservatives purposely. You know this and support it. Shame!

The DOJ was responsible for Fast & Furious to help pass gun legislation. Then they hide it from the American people. You know this and support it. Shame!

The DOJ purposely targeted reporters that did not toe the Administrations agenda. You know this and support it. Shame!

Zero integrity Zero honor Zero principles Zero morals….SHAME!

Not to mention HHS playing favorites by selling influence to legislation and regulations to healthcare providers. Again you progressives support this behavior and defend it. Shame!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909683 May 23, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
a couple of comments from your article :)
``````````
coldlogic
10 hours ago
I detested the previous administration for exact kind of excesses this author catalogs - and is the main reason I voted for Obama in 2008. A Constitutional Law Professor, who said all the right civil-liberty things, an intelligent man who thinks things through.
Boy was I wrong - it makes the let-down all the worse with Obama because he sold himself as the exact opposite of Bush, but really is just a doubling-down of Bush at his worst. But of course the author, being a partisan lefty, can't take his eyes off Republicans for even two seconds no matter how unseemly 'his' boy currently-in-power becomes.
Sampsonaz
13 hours ago
Michael, project much? You just described the progressive movement. Progressive have absolutely no shame. You are defending the indefensible.
Benghazi was a cover up for political purposes. You know this and support it. Shame!
IRS was instructed to target conservatives purposely. You know this and support it. Shame!
The DOJ was responsible for Fast & Furious to help pass gun legislation. Then they hide it from the American people. You know this and support it. Shame!
The DOJ purposely targeted reporters that did not toe the Administrations agenda. You know this and support it. Shame!
Zero integrity Zero honor Zero principles Zero morals….SHAME!
Not to mention HHS playing favorites by selling influence to legislation and regulations to healthcare providers. Again you progressives support this behavior and defend it. Shame!
more hypocrisy.

keep up the good work.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909684 May 23, 2013
‘Operation Wide Receiver’: The Bush Administration Had Its Very Own ATF ‘Gun Walking’ Scandal

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909685 May 23, 2013
The FBI acknowledged late Monday that it is increasingly seeking reporters’ phone records in leak investigations.

"It used to be very hard and complicated to do this, but it no longer is in the Bush administration," said a senior federal official.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/05...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909686 May 23, 2013
13 Benghazis Happened Under President Bush and Fox News Said Nothing

http://www.policymic.com/articles/40811/13-be...
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#909687 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Let's try this again. Read the post, then respond to the statements in the post with something other than some retorical question about Obama being just as good of a president as Bush, for example.
The subject is the role of the Marine guard at the White House:
You didn't respond to the post. Here it is again for your convenient reference:
The Marine's sole function is to protect the president. Obviously, to any person connected to the real world, this sole function was severely impeded.
Perhaps Obama thinks he doesn't need Marines to protect him. I've got a simple solution. Don't deploy Marines to the White House.
This is nothing more than more evidence that Obama is an elitist with a medieval mentality that categorizes everyone outside of his ruling elite circle as peasants bound to the land.
Since Obama thinks money grows on trees, take some of that free money and hire some butlers.
WRONG STUPID! The protection of the President is not the function of the Marines but rather the Secret Service. The Marines are used on occasions such as when a foreign dignitary is being received for ceremonial duties and sometimes that means holding an umbrella to keep the President and his guest dry.
You're an idiot DB!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909688 May 23, 2013
When the IRS targeted liberals

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909689 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
‘Operation Wide Receiver’: The Bush Administration Had Its Very Own ATF ‘Gun Walking’ Scandal
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...
No ONE died from THAT!
The Mexican officials were working with the US!

BIG difference ...

Look it up!

Here I'll DO it for you :)
`````````

Scandal: The president's spokesman confuses a "controlled delivery" operation known as Wide Receiver

with the quite different Fast and Furious

and couldn't even remember the name of the Border Patrol agent killed by it.

During a contentious press conference where even the White House press corps seemed to have had enough with the administration's tap dancing about an operation that began on its watch and got two federal agents killed, ABC's Jake Tapper had to feed a stumbling Carney the name of the Border Patrol agent killed by it.

Dubbed "Operation Wide Receiver," the Bush-era operation was run out of Tucson between 2006 and 2007, ending before Bush left office and before Fast and Furious began under Obama in 2009. The differences between it and Fast and Furious are vast, starting with the fact that Wide Receiver produced no dead bodies.

Operation Wide Receiver used the common law enforcement tactic of "controlled delivery" in which the illegal sales of weapons were allowed to take place, the movements of the weapons were closely monitored and the end purchasers were then apprehended. It involved gun-tracing, not gun-walking.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0622...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909690 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
and you libTARDS put down wnd...
BUT
believe salon ...

ha ha ha ...
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#909691 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok for the very, very slow morons in the class:
Congress has complete control of the money the government spends. The sole function of the president is to make a suggestion, which is the budget proposal required by law that Obama has ignored every goddam time.
The Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government in January, 2007, with a declining deficit of 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion and a total debt of 8.5 trillion (having increased by 3.5 trillion dollars since the Arabs declared war on the United
States on September 11, 2001).
Since, the Democrats have increased the deficit a thousand percent, and doubled the debt.
So what massive increases in spending by Congress occurred that somehow escaped Bush's veto pen moron? There weren't any. We entered into a recession and unemployment went up and business activity went down meaning less revenue in the form of taxes. Meanwhile we were still paying for two wars and there was added expenditure in the form of unemployment compensation.
Your assertion that Democrats have increased the debt by 1000% is just a flat out lie with nothing to back it up.
www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capi... ...
Put your dunce cap on and sit in the corner.
You're an idiot DB!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909692 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A couple of comments from your article :)
``````````

Liberty Issues
SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013 07:13 AM EDT
Then again, the liberal dupes are the ones who close their eyes to the facts ...

1) Holder has said it was harassment.

2) So did the IRS Director

3) We're now up to 500 conservative groups having been victims.

4) The Inspector not only agrees, but said the IRS Director knew about the abuse in 2011, which means he lied to Congress. How much denial must one be in to ignore that???

Meanwhile (ROFLMAO) Obama's 501(c)4 was approve in January, before the inauguration.(His campaign committee, rather large, converted to a 501 to promote issues.)

Oooops, I forgot. It's a Democratic President so all the loyalists are required to repeat every talking point without question (or thought)

tanmack
TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013 10:04 AM EDT
The Obama administration is, unfortunately, in this IRS debacle. The Secretary of the Treasury is a cabinet appt and who should be informed of potentially sensitive operations in agencies under his purview. Someone reports to someone who reports to someone. If a national office was set up in Cincinnati to analyze tax-exempt applications, then I would expect that reports were written.

I don't think it looks good when the President says he learns about what's going in his administration from the news. What does he have a cabinet for, after all? To keep watch and give him the heads up on these kinds of things.

I'm not in favor of this kind of story. Progressives expected this kind of harassment from Bush--which is why Obama was elected...joyfully. We would be better than that. I find it problematic that the President cannot express his views and values forcefully enough at the outset that his administration cannot make decisions based on that outlook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#909693 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking a nanny state helps anyone is not only a foolish idea but it is perpetrated by those who only desire power and control. Taking away people's dignity and creating dependency on others is not a compassionate solution by any rational person's standards.
Providing a safety net and giving a hand up is not the same as a nanny state.
You liberals can't seem to separate the two.
"Punish your enemies, reward your friends."
President Obama
That just about says it all.
You still didn't answer the questions now did you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#909694 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Creating a lifestyle of dependency by taking away one's dignity is what you call compassion?
A safety net will always be available. Charities and churches will also reach out to those in need.
But the government is not a charity organization. Neither is it the collective conscious of the people.
Once you go there, the next step is a police state. Just ask the Venezuelans. Chavez had a "big heart" too in winning over the people until he took over the media and cofiscated people's businesses in the name of "charity".
Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?
Well Carol, here's the preamble to the Constitution;
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Do you know what "promote the general welfare means"? It means that we don't let our citizens go hungry or homeless if we can help it. The safety net you keep referring to is under assault by the GOP. The Ryan budget was called immoral by the Conference of Catholic Bishops which is one of the most conservative groups in the country.
But keep on dodging the original questions Carol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#909695 May 23, 2013
Another one:

Agent C
TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013 04:15 PM EDT
How about this? We satisfy ourselves that the IRS itself is irredeemably broken and needs to be immediately reformed in a very comprehensive manner. The IRS is obviously behaving in a criminal manner. Who cares whether they were initially hired by Republicans or Democrats. Fire everyone!

==========

PLUS:

Does The Tax Exempt Obama Foundation Actually Have A Real Address?

While it is conceivable that a smaller organization might use a UPS address, what is more questionable is giving an address where they have never been, apparently.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/05/20/does-the-t...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#909696 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses."
Janet Napolitano is procuring massive amounts of weaponry preparing for a large scale war with the American people.
"8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions."
Bullshit.
The government uses any programmed belief to manipulate public opinion. Religion is just one of many programmed beliefs available for use. In the case of the fascist Democrats, they programmed the ocuntry with lies to brainwash the population that the United States is inherently evil, and later (today) use that programmed belief to manipulate public opinion.
Your reference is obviously programming you to treat religion (in particular Christianity, while programming you to absolve Islam) with disdain.
"9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite."
GM? The Fed counterfeiting money? Obama taking over Wall Street banks? Obama creating a so-called "green" industry and economy... a failed corporate system being artificially sustained?
"10. Labor is suppressed...."
Only those labor organizations not alligned with the fascist party seeking power. Lying again.
"11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked."
Disallowing non-progressives to teach in our universities? Teaching fraudulent history and misrepresentation of philosophy? Media assault on any opposition to Obama?
And, you just got to love this one...
Fraudulent elections....
Perhaps you were in a coma when there were 70 precincts just in the Cleveland area of Ohio where the voting machines were programmed to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's easy to find the locations where 100 percent of the vote was stolen. It's impossible to find the locations where the computer programs were written to steal one in three, or one in four votes.
Nobody knows who won the election.
What you have done is prove the Democrats are fascist.
More of DB's fantasies without a shred of evidence to back them up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Aura Mytha 244,746
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 39 min Randall L 6,460
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr dGo mnDaed lyHo i... 310,322
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr tom wingo 29,848
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web