Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#909237 May 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comforting to know I've got a lying dupe promoting the destruction of the country as an ally.
I've just got to know this.
Why do you call yourself "liberal" and "progressive"?
Homer never lies well maybe a 'white' lie now and again. I have no desire whatsoever to see the destruction of this country. And lastly I do not call myself a progressive or a liberal, not that there is anything wrong with either.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#909238 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Market down after Bernanke hinted at slowing of the printing presses.
Over a 200 point shift. But we didn't know what we were saying. LOL!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#909239 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They fire me and the entire company collapses. Besides I know where all the bodies are buried, so to speak. What else you got?
"Pride goeth before a fall."

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#909240 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, minor league stuff, Bush let the entire Bin Laden family fly out of the country when no Americans could get near an airplane.
So, the entire bin Laden family was detained by police at the scene as suspects in a terrorist attack?
Since, what members of the bin Laden family have been linked to the attack, thus proving Bush let terrorist escape the country?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909241 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Small is sonicfiller who can see with his eyes, butt can't think with his blind mind. Your addiction and obsession for garbage cut-n-paste is an ardent pursuit of foolishness sonicfiller.
"This is the kind of thinking that has diverted the Tea Party away from tax issues and toward nominating anti-abortion brain-dead idiots like Todd Akin.

If this is where the Tea Party is headed, time for Republicans to let the idiots play with themselves and their fantasies."

so let's talk about garbage cut-n-paste.

and hey...vegan?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#909242 May 22, 2013
Lois Lerner will be coming back before Congress, and this time no more politeness in dealing with this career criminal.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#909243 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They fire me and the entire company collapses. Besides I know where all the bodies are buried, so to speak. What else you got?
It didn't take very long for this to become obvious to me. If you're the reason for the existence of the company, then you could make not only the money you earn, but you could also capture the money the owners realize if you just started your own company doing the exact same thing you're doing now.
... must be a reason why you're still working for them for whatever the want to pay you....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#909244 May 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't believe you're even talking the same time period.
You don't believe many things.

Take it up with your therapist.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#909245 May 22, 2013
flack wrote:
Uh-hum!
The new study discovers that changes in the amount of summertime sunlight striking the Northern Hemisphere due to the changes in the Earth's orbital orientation towards the sun is chiefly responsible for the recent alteration between Ice Ages and warmer periods like the one we are currently in. From the studies press release:
"During the warmest period of the Holocene, the Earth was positioned such that Northern Hemisphere summers warmed more," [Shaun] Marcott,[lead author of OSU] said. "As Earth's orientation changed, Northern Hemisphere summers became cooler, and we now should near the bottom of this long term cooling trend - but obviously, we are not."
If we are near the bottom of a cooling trend & have registered 338 consecutive months of above average global temperature, I'd say we'll be in big trouble as this cooling effect due to orientations starts heading in the warming trend direction.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#909246 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Lois Lerner statement, made prior to invoking the Fifth:
“I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws. I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations. And I have not provided false information to this or any other congressional committee.”
This is testimony.
So, what is she afraid of?
And is she potentially guilty of perjury regardless of her later invocation of the Fifth Amendment?
If Lerner broke any laws, or violated any IRS rules or regulations, or provided any false information, then she is guilty of perjury.
Exactly.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#909247 May 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Homer__the DOW just surpassed 15,500!
"real slime"
Cut the BS. Nearly 4 PM on the East Coast, Dow down 81.
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#909248 May 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't take very long for this to become obvious to me. If you're the reason for the existence of the company, then you could make not only the money you earn, but you could also capture the money the owners realize if you just started your own company doing the exact same thing you're doing now.
... must be a reason why you're still working for them for whatever the want to pay you....
There is no private Department of Motor Vehicles.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#909249 May 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she may have said she wanted to use the 5th Amendment rights, but she didn't really do that. She actually made a statement about her participation in the criminal activity.
She should have remained silent. After all, that is what the 5th Amendment grants.
I say, find the highest level of documentation that even acknowledges the activity, then put that person on trial and sentence them to a billion goddam years, then let's see who they roll over on.
You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#909250 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer never lies well maybe a 'white' lie now and again. I have no desire whatsoever to see the destruction of this country. And lastly I do not call myself a progressive or a liberal, not that there is anything wrong with either.
I recall you mindlessly repeating the Obama lie about some demonstration that never happened caused the attack that killed Stevens even after it became obvious to everyone in the world it was a lie.
Yes, things would be a lot better if the people who called themselves "liberal" were actually liberal and not radical conservatives with medieval concept of bondage under an elitist governing class. And if anything the so-called "progressives" touched actually progressed instead of regress.
gigi

Decatur, GA

#909251 May 22, 2013
Whatever

Gering, NE

#909252 May 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dike??? You put your finger in the dyke recently, little D/Butch boy? LMAO@U "decrepit" old loons.
It was a 'pun' just like "red hairing".

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#909253 May 22, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!
Testifying is nothing more than making statements.
She had the right to remain silent. She should have used it. She didn't. She made a statement during testimony.
Let's make that simple for you idiots: She testified.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#909254 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pride goeth before a fall."
No, "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." (I've taught Bible as Literature, and I may wind up totally destroyed, but I never fall.)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909255 May 22, 2013
Lois Lerner Shows Why Obama Needs to Get Rid of All Remaining Bush Appointees

Pleading the fifth is evidence of guilt if you have the bad fortune to work under the Obama administration, but the same folks will defend your right to plead the fifth if you happen to be working under a Republican president.

....if she has any political persuasion, it would seem to be Republican, based on her appointment by the Bush administration (infamous for politicizing government).

Hysteria is the way of the Right. The Daily Caller made a fool of itself the other day, with Patrick Howley claiming that Lerner’s husband’s law firm had strong Obama connections (read: Marxist, Kenyan Hitler, Nixon, Chicago “connections”):“Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Obama connections.”

Um, no. But nice try. Walter Olson at Overlawywered broke it down, and it looks like her husband’s law firm gave more to Republicans, with Republican Ted Cruz raking in $16,250 from his lawyers. Olson concluded,“‘Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Ted Cruz connections’ would have made for too confusing a headline on a Daily Caller lead story.” Yes, we mustn’t let the facts get in the way of the Narrative.

What I’ve taken from all of these scandals so far is that by Republicans refusing to allow Obama his own nominees, they’ve saddled him with their appointees, who may or may not have an agenda and may or may not be utterly incompetent. That’s a nifty game. So now Bush appointee Lois Lerner, who claims to be “nonpolitical” but yet donated the maximum amount to Romney if this Open Secrets note is the right Lois Lerner, is the Obama administration’s undoing according to Republicans.

I am only sorry Lois Lerner is pleading the fifth, because I’d really like someone to ask her why she “let this slip” at a Bar Association meeting, and upon what evidence she based this “slip”.

The Daily Beast said that Lerner “acknowledged that the influx in tax-exempt applications starting in 2010 is what sparked the heightened scrutiny. The admission raises the question of whether Lerner had the opportunity to help clean up what has become a messy campaign-contribution system and, if so, why she instead is cleaning up the mess of a field office that supposedly went rogue.” You see why we should be asking some questions.

I’d like to ask her if she or anyone in her office was the “source” for several media outlets reporting that conservatives were “targeted” as fact. Then again, no one in the House was going to ask Lerner these questions, because they don’t serve the Republican narrative.

http://www.politicususa.com/lois-lerner-plead...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#909256 May 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't believe you're even talking the same time period.
You should address your elders with "yes, sir" and "yes, ma'am" and "no, sir" and "no, ma'am", son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Joe fortuna 232,763
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 min Bruin Nation 28,362
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 38 min Brian_G 2,661
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 40 min Brian_G 306,954
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Joe fortuna 201,151
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web