Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896683 May 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Baby boomers Flacko!
The glut of retiring baby boomers hitting the economy and the "statistics" has been known for decades.
These folks are retiring (and going on the gubmint teat) at a rate of 10,000 per day.
Scary eh?
In spite of that "fact" the economy continues to improve under the expert guidance of DaBammy.
Bet you still believe in Santa Clause too. The recovery, if any (which I doubt), is in spite of Obama. Not because of him.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#896684 May 2, 2013
Off to KFC.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896685 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That is a flat out liberal lie!!! Every Walmart built around here has improved the existing roads and even built roads and parking lots not only for them but for all the other stores and restaurants.
From Vermont to Florida, South Carolina to California, Idaho to Iowa, 86 communities across America have stopped big box retailers – Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and the like – from locating in their towns.
But why ever would anyone want to do that? In his autobiography, Wal-Mart CEO Sam Walton says that Wal-Mart would never go to a town that didn't want it. He says there are plenty of places just pining for the low-priced mountains of stuff that Wal-Mart offers. Who could object to getting in a small town the one-stop convenience and deep discounts city folks get to enjoy?
In Gig Harbor, Washington, the answer is: the 14,000 people who signed an anti-Wal-Mart petition, that's who. If you ask small town folks like those in Gig Harbor (which the big box guys never seem to do), lots of them don't think an enormous concrete cube surrounded by acres of asphalt is much of an aesthetic addition.
But, you say, that's a small price to pay. You only suffer the aesthetic affront as you drive in and out of town. True enough, except, once Wal-Mart has been in town for a few years, you'll suffer the aesthetic affront of driving through a downtown that's filled with empty buildings where the pharmacy, dry-goods, variety, and hardware stores that it drove out of business used to be. Because Wal-Mart, according to the late Mr. Walton, comes to town to compete. Walton talks about Wal-Mart's policy of saturating regions, and in areas where it's achieved saturation, it's now taking the next step – opening regional “Superstores,” which offer groceries, auto repair, and other services, and closing their smaller stores in surrounding towns.
So, once Wal-Mart has changed you to a one-store town, you may get lucky and become the location of the new Superstore for your area. Or you may be like a growing number of little towns, which, after loyally pumping their retail dollars into Wal-Mart, discover that the town 30 miles down the road got the Superstore, and they get an empty big box on the edge of town to go with all the empty stores where downtown used to be. According to Sprawl-Busters, an anti-big-box organization run by Al Norman, there are now nearly 200 dead Wal-Mart discount stores. But, hey, Wal-Mart makes your retail dollar go further, and Wal-Mart brings jobs to town. Or does it?

All those jobs Wal-Mart creates? For one thing, most of them aren't anyone's idea of prosperity. And they aren't new jobs. Wal-Mart doesn't bring anything to a community that wasn't already there; it takes its business from the existing retailers. There may be a moment when there are more jobs in town, but that lasts only until the small stores begin to close. Since Wal-Mart is replacing full-service stores with its self-service model, the net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/cities-of-e...
You are a fool Flack.
'the net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.'
'the next step – opening regional “Superstores,” which offer groceries, auto repair, and other services, and closing their smaller stores in surrounding towns.'
Pretty soon you can say goodbye to that Dollar Store and your food supermarket, hell probably the Wendy's and Applebee's too!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#896686 May 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please
I did watch that part of the sermon in question in its entirety. Even though Rev. Wright's "GD America" sermon was taken out of context to a certain degree and America has definitey made some very aggregious mistakes in the past, no one can be blamed but the leadership during those times.

It was a Democrat president responsible for the Trail of Tears and the horrific treatment of the Indians.

It was a Democrat president who ordered the A-bombs be dropped in Japan and the same Democrat who ordered the fire bombs be dropped on Germany innocents.

Democrats in the south kept slavery an institution for over 100 years and it was the same Democrats who did everything within their power to deny them their civil rights close to another 100 years.

It was a Democrat president who escalated our presence in Vietnam an another Democrat president who escalated the war.

So while Rev. Wright is busy blaming all of America for all the ills of the world and having brought 9/11 on ourselves, he should try and remember which party he belongs to and which party the above president's belonged to as well.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#896687 May 2, 2013
That will be Santa Claus before some libtard has a melt down.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#896688 May 2, 2013
Obama’s administration loses track of Syria Chemical Weapons, lost track of the Boston Terrorists, lost track in Benghazi anyone Surprise? When Clinton said Obama’s’ is in over his head’ he was Right on Target!!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896689 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bet you still believe in Santa Clause too. The recovery, if any (which I doubt), is in spite of Obama. Not because of him.
LOL, this from a guy who worships Walmart. You need to look in the mirror once.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#896690 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh, that sounds like hell on earth. This is the kind of place do you live in? Yikes!
I was thinking the same thing! I wouldn't go to any of those places! My town hasn't allowed for any of those big box stores in the east part of town and I hope it stays that way, they're all 10 miles out west. Delray has allowed one, right on the border of my town and so has Lighthouse Pte. What a shame.
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#896691 May 2, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. Maybe one of your fellow lowlifes can understand what you just types.
Maybe if you paid attention, you'd realize you're on a computer & in fact, not speaking at all but, typing words & reading words. Then you'd realize, it makes no sense trying to play the smart guy role, when you've proved yourself to be dumb as a doorknob already! Typical reaction of a person who've proven themselves to be an idiot! You still don't get a pass on the Clinton/Iraq war post. Hilarious!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#896693 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's funny because we have a big Sherwin-Williams warehouse here that they unload ships into. Don't know where the stuff comes from. I've seen the stickers in the stores. Maybe the stickers are made in the USA.
Sherwin-Williams is also in the export business bud.

Many wall coverings, adhesives etc. are made in France.

The point was that the company sells a lot of American made stuff in it's retail stores__that's true and so does Benjamin Moore.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#896694 May 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The parents must be morons for buying a five year old a gun.
The gun was marketed as "My First Gun"--they even had in it hot pink for little girls...LaPierre must be so proud that the gun manufacturers profits extend beyond Newtown and Aurora into the never- too-young-to-die market.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#896695 May 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why people hate Obama...according to Rev. Wright:
"Obama doesn't fit the mold. He ain't white, he ain't rich, he ain't priveleged."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vdJB-qkfUHcXX
Obama is half white and raised by a white mother and white grandparents when his black father abandoned him.
Obama is considerably wealthy from his books and his short stents as both a lawyer and a senator.
Obama has led a more priveleged life than most whites.
As a matter of fact, Rev. Wright is considerably wealthy himself.
What say you?
This from the dipstick who posted that Obama never held a real job.

Carol, privileged is when you were born into it as in Romney, & George W Bush

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#896696 May 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou, "It was a Democrat president who ordered the A-bombs be dropped in Japan and the same Democrat who ordered the fire bombs be dropped on Germany innocents. " The same 'Democrat President' who Tea Party journalist hack Charles Krauthammer compared favorably to his darling President George W Bush? "Democrats in the south kept slavery an institution for over 100 years and it was the same Democrats who did everything within their power to deny them their civil rights close to another 100 years."The same Southern Democrats that Tea Party founder Freedom Works director Dick Armey claimed were the predecessor 'small government patriots' of his own movement?(Remember too that it was a bi-partisan political ticket, Lincoln(R-Illinois) and Andrew Johnson, only 99%er southern democrat to support Lincoln(D-Tennessee) that abolished slavery in America ) It was a Democrat president who escalated our presence in Vietnam an another Democrat president who escalated the war.(Wrong! It was a Democrat President Johnson who escalated the Vietnam War then opened peace talks with the Vietcong and North Vietnam in hopes of ending the war. It was a Republican President Nixon who unnecessarily expanded the Vietnam War by starting a new one with the invasion of Cambodia and ruthlessly began targeting civilians and terrorizing innocent Vietnamese with a massive 'carpet bombing ' campaign(more bombs dropped then in the entire WW II conflict) and mining of North Vietnamese harbors(a country that we were not officially at war with)
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896697 May 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sherwin-Williams is also in the export business bud.
Many wall coverings, adhesives etc. are made in France.
The point was that the company sells a lot of American made stuff in it's retail stores__that's true and so does Benjamin Moore.
Forget it, Flack is hopeless, he'd rather buy Chinese made crap from Walmart.
NuculurNutSurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#896698 May 2, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Hoping that all my "opponents" so far today are enjoying my deranged comments and senseless, useless, mindless attacks against them as well as my frenzied post judging!!!!!!!!!!
You must admit my sockpuppet (I've revived him again!!!)"Homer 2016" excels when it comes to deranged comments and mindless attacks. Show him some TOPIX love!!! He is truly my favorite and the most demented of all my sockpuppets so far. So glad "Lily Boca Raton FL" has decided to come forth today as well. I'v been channeling her from my wheelchair as I sit in front of my computer today in a fresh pair of industrial strength depends repeating over and over:
"I'M GOOD ENOUGH. I'M SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!
If anyone wants to hook up with me (as "Homer 2016" or "Lily Boca Raton FL")please leave your number in my personal topix mailbox!! The days are long and lonely on the psych ward where I have been condemned to live out the rest of my useless and delusional life.
Call me, please!!!!
Warmest and desperate regards: Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#896699 May 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I did watch that part of the sermon in question in its entirety. Even though Rev. Wright's "GD America" sermon was taken out of context to a certain degree and America has definitey made some very aggregious mistakes in the past, no one can be blamed but the leadership during those times.
It was a Democrat president responsible for the Trail of Tears and the horrific treatment of the Indians.
It was a Democrat president who ordered the A-bombs be dropped in Japan and the same Democrat who ordered the fire bombs be dropped on Germany innocents.
Democrats in the south kept slavery an institution for over 100 years and it was the same Democrats who did everything within their power to deny them their civil rights close to another 100 years.
It was a Democrat president who escalated our presence in Vietnam an another Democrat president who escalated the war.
So while Rev. Wright is busy blaming all of America for all the ills of the world and having brought 9/11 on ourselves, he should try and remember which party he belongs to and which party the above president's belonged to as well.
You're insane
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#896700 May 2, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The gun was marketed as "My First Gun"--they even had in it hot pink for little girls...LaPierre must be so proud that the gun manufacturers profits extend beyond Newtown and Aurora into the never- too-young-to-die market.
I had no idea such a thing existed. I am beyond disgusted.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#896701 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bet you still believe in Santa Clause too. The recovery, if any (which I doubt), is in spite of Obama. Not because of him.
Like this excuse wasn't predicted after Obama was elected.

Flacktard thinks we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month with an economy shrinking at over a 6% rate.
The Dude Abides

Sweden

#896702 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
From Vermont to Florida, South Carolina to California, Idaho to Iowa, 86 communities across America have stopped big box retailers – Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and the like – from locating in their towns.
But why ever would anyone want to do that? In his autobiography, Wal-Mart CEO Sam Walton says that Wal-Mart would never go to a town that didn't want it. He says there are plenty of places just pining for the low-priced mountains of stuff that Wal-Mart he net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/cities-of-e...
You are a fool Flack.
'the net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.'
'the next step – opening regional “Superstores,” which offer groceries, auto repair, and other services, and closing their smaller stores in surrounding towns.'
Pretty soon you can say goodbye to that Dollar Store and your food supermarket, hell probably the Wendy's and Applebee's too!
Yeah, man, he is. It's pretty much red state blue state stuff again. About 25 years ago Prince Charles and Diana came to DC and Reagan or somebody took them on a tour of Fairfax County Virginia. Charles fuckin' flipped out, man! There he was in the car with these "dignitaries" who were, like, proud of this shit and he was tryin' to claw his way out of the limousine. No really, Virginia, flack's Virginia, is in large part ex-military, ex-Fed and they got no clue, man. The more shit you can cram into a mile of highway the better! Fuck trees, man, go to Massachusetts if you want trees. You never saw anything like it. You got no GPS? forget drivin' in ex-military Virginia cause everything there looks exactly like everything else: grey or brown.

Sometimes I'll get totally stoned and drive out 123 past the CIA (George Bush Center for Intelligence - tee-hee) and just motor on down through Tyson's and Vienna trying to figure out what they see in all this? Walmart? Screw that, man. Another shitbox American company sellin' cheap chinee shit to retired sojurs an' farmers, eager to grab aholt the good life. Now get your ass out there, man, and start drowning some of these people before they eat your brains.

Here, I repeat myself... what "good" has ever come out of the south? When you think of "problem solving" do you think, "I need to find me some redneck assholes!" When choosing a brain surgeon do you interview ex-military personnel? C'mon, man, get busy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#896703 May 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Aunt Bettie Lou, "It was a Democrat president who ordered the A-bombs be dropped in Japan and the same Democrat who ordered the fire bombs be dropped on Germany innocents. " The same 'Democrat President' who Tea Party journalist hack Charles Krauthammer compared favorably to his darling President George W Bush? "Democrats in the south kept slavery an institution for over 100 years and it was the same Democrats who did everything within their power to deny them their civil rights close to another 100 years."The same Southern Democrats that Tea Party founder Freedom Works director Dick Armey claimed were the predecessor 'small government patriots' of his own movement?(Remember too that it was a bi-partisan political ticket, Lincoln(R-Illinois) and Andrew Johnson, only 99%er southern democrat to support Lincoln(D-Tennessee) that abolished slavery in America ) It was a Democrat president who escalated our presence in Vietnam an another Democrat president who escalated the war.(Wrong! It was a Democrat President Johnson who escalated the Vietnam War then opened peace talks with the Vietcong and North Vietnam in hopes of ending the war. It was a Republican President Nixon who unnecessarily expanded the Vietnam War by starting a new one with the invasion of Cambodia and ruthlessly began targeting civilians and terrorizing innocent Vietnamese with a massive 'carpet bombing ' campaign(more bombs dropped then in the entire WW II conflict) and mining of North Vietnamese harbors(a country that we were not officially at war with)
Carol says she went to U of Illinois, but I think it was really Texas. They make their own history books there. They even removed Thomas Jefferson from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 min Bruin Nation 28,243
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Morse 231,965
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Kathwynn 306,598
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,193
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 14 hr Star On 47 645
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE