Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#895969 May 1, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What about 9/11 ? Oh ya, in Doorknob land it never happened.
9-11. We launch a huge effort to grow the government & to expend hundreds of billions to make us secure, start two wars & Bush slashes revenues. Brilliant.

9-11-2001. Recession started 4th quarter 2007. That is some time delay.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895970 May 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
9-11. We launch a huge effort to grow the government & to expend hundreds of billions to make us secure, start two wars & Bush slashes revenues. Brilliant.
9-11-2001. Recession started 4th quarter 2007. That is some time delay.
DOIH Dave!

What might you be up to today, no life?

Let me guess!

You will spend your entire day inside your apartment posting on Topix all day long?

Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!!

Zero.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895971 May 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I ove it.
Republicans in Congress meet in December of 2008 & decide that if Obama is for it, they would be against it.
Mitch McConnell makes dumping Obama his number one priority.
And you blame Democrats & accuse therm o being of party first.
Republicans in the house all voted against bills that were top help us recover.
Republicas in the Senate filibuster every effort.
My God, they couldn't even vote to end subsidies to companies making billions in profit.
You mean they voted against that Obamacare that was going to help us recover?

Earth to libtard!

That one passed and it has done nothing but hamper recovery and is likely the largest impediment to hiring.

You are an idiot.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#895972 May 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I ove it.
Republicans in Congress meet in December of 2008 & decide that if Obama is for it, they would be against it.
Mitch McConnell makes dumping Obama his number one priority.
And you blame Democrats & accuse therm o being of party first.
Republicans in the house all voted against bills that were top help us recover.
Republicas in the Senate filibuster every effort.
My God, they couldn't even vote to end subsidies to companies making billions in profit.
Republicants in congress signed their loyalty over to anti tax loon Grover Norquist.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895973 May 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Battles A Threat To Gun Rights That Even The NRA Says Doesn’t Exist
A bill introduced late last week by Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) and Rep. Frank Lucas (R-OK) would ban federal agencies, excluding the Pentagon, from buying more ammunition during a six-month period if it currently possesses more than its monthly averages during the Bush administration.
The conspiracy theory that incubated the bill is that the Obama administration is trying to buy up bullets so ordinary Americans have less access to them in the marketplace.
“President Obama has been adamant about curbing law-abiding Americans’ access and opportunities to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” Inhofe said in a statement.“One way the Obama Administration is able to do this is by limiting what’s available in the market with federal agencies purchasing unnecessary stockpiles of ammunition.”
Only it’s false — as no less a pro-gun organization than the NRA declared last year.
Last fall, the NRA issued a statement saying the claim was being pushed in an “Internet rumor mill” and was designed to “stir up fear.” The “more incendiary authors,” the group said,“suggest that these government agencies are preparing for a war with the American people.”
“As most gun owners will agree, skepticism of government is healthy. But today, there are more than enough actual threats to the Second Amendment to keep gun owners busy,” the NRA said.“[T]here is no need to invent additional threats to our rights.”
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/05/in...
FOXbots in Congress.
SonicFlicker is back today to contribute his mindless copy & paste routine.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#895975 May 1, 2013
Fifteen more dead in Iraq including four policemen in the Sunni country North of Baghdad.

Maybe they can't handle all the liberty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#895976 May 1, 2013
opo wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the reason nobody listens to you is because you're wrong. "Under the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, those persons born in Puerto Rico and subject to its jurisdiction, are citizens of Puerto Rico" not the US. Your stupidty must be painful.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/jonesact....

"On March 2, 1917, President Woodrow Wilson signed the Jones-Shafroth Act. This law gave Puerto Ricans U.S. citizenship."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#895977 May 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dense. In the post you responded to I said college records were sealed. I added the coward president nobama refuses to unseal his records.
Do you practice being stoopid?
Peace
KMA
Your response was to my post where I said college records were sealed. You don't need to practice stupid because you've mastered it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#895980 May 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real time"
Fact:
Bush served in the US Military
Clinton did not serve in the US Military
I did volunteer for the draft, two years active duty, over 7 in the Army National Guard.
It would be my guess you are afucking coward and never served, just like your hero president nobama.
Peace
KMA
How do you volunteer for the draft?

You volunteer when you go on your own sign up for military service.

You get drafted when you're on the list & did not volunteer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#895983 May 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean they voted against that Obamacare that was going to help us recover?
Earth to libtard!
That one passed and it has done nothing but hamper recovery and is likely the largest impediment to hiring.
You are an idiot.
No, I mean they voted against the Recovery Act & every other measure to help stimulate the economy.
In fact, the only thing Republicans pushed for was to extend the tax cuts for the weealthy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895986 May 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response was to my post where I said college records were sealed. You don't need to practice stupid because you've mastered it.
Not quite dumbfk. I read his and your posts. You are an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895988 May 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean they voted against the Recovery Act & every other measure to help stimulate the economy.
In fact, the only thing Republicans pushed for was to extend the tax cuts for the weealthy.
Thanks Deep Throat.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#895990 May 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
SonicFlicker is back today to contribute his mindless copy & paste routine.
OOPS: Fox News Peddles Conspiracy Theory It Already Debunked

As Krauthammer explained to Fox News viewers on March 22,“Senator Coburn who isn’t exactly a liberal said number one the amount of ammunition is less than in previous years. Number two, it’s about a tenth of the ceiling that the DHS has allowed,” he said, adding, that the ammunition is “being used for the training of agents like the border security agents who have to go to the range a lot and stay sharp.”

“I hate to disappoint the conspiracy theorists, they’re gonna have to come up with something new and they will,” he concluded. Apparently, his fellow Fox News hosts and producers are still coming up short.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2013/03/25/177...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896004 May 1, 2013
Gunner wrote:
The Tourette's chimp is here to molest your children.
Mornin' lily/dem.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily uses US IP

Gering, NE

#896024 May 1, 2013
Gunner wrote:
I'm gonna fk his wife with a broomstick.
lily/dem are you ever going to grow up?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#896030 May 1, 2013
They say a picture is worth a thousand words the PICTURE OF OBAMA IN THE ROOM THE NIGHT OF THE BIN LADEN RAID said he was not in control he was a spectator not the one making the decisions hunched over shoulders eyes looking scared his presidency will slowly come apart day by day because his lies are someones BLACKMALE TOOL AND YES HE IS BEING BLACKMAILED YES HE MAKES NO DECISIONS HE FRONTS EXCLUSIVE: Saudi Arabia 'warned the United States IN WRITING about Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012'Saudis developed intelligence separately from Russia, which also warned the U.S. about the accused Boston bomber

A letter to the Department of Homeland Security allegedly named Tsarnaev and three Pakistanis as potential jihadis worthy of U.S. investigation
Red flags from Saudi Arabia to have included Tsarnaev's name and information about a planned explosive attack on a major U.S. city

Saudi foreign minister, national security chief both met with Obama in the oval office in early 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#896040 May 1, 2013
lily uses US IP wrote:
<quoted text>
lily/dem are you ever going to grow up?
Grow up? That's like expecting a monkey to balance a check book.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896044 May 1, 2013
Well I'll be back when the children are gone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#896053 May 1, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the fktards ped-o-philes on ur side, fetch boy, ped-o-phile dem, and the various sockpuppets, you, leos c-unt, ghey ghost, that other female c-unt..cant remember her name...nutsucular...you people argue on here all day like fking retards...get a life ya c-unt..you sit in front in ur dual monitored PC and then you continue to troll from ur ipad while eating bon-bons...ur such a lazy c-unt
damn, break out the whole box of warshing powders lol
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#896056 May 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The family started getting benefits in 2002. Who was the president then? It was George W. Bush you moron. They didn't get $100,000 a year liar, it was a total over 10 years.
Since when does the president of the US determine who gets aid from any particular state anyway dumbass?
You're an idiot!
Point is DUHmPont, since when should such federally, givvermentally handed out aid, purchase international flights for want to be terrorists?

Add Big RED FLAGS waving, to the previouslyy existing list of Big black flags waving, as seen in Benghazi.

DUHHHHpont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin For Life 29,664
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 238,217
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr TerryE 5,306
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Junket 309,690
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web