Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
822,261 - 822,280 of 1,096,778 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Always Right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Christie: "President Obama kept every promise he made on Sandy"
Now what?
thank you Dave!

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>YOU deranged types always come back for more and blame others for your addiction. When you blame other people for the things that go wrong in your miserable life, remember this idiot..... Things will continue to go wrong in your miserable life.
My good man, you have such a dark view about your life, you should really get out more, make friends, fall in love with a good girl and the nice things and stop this whole gloom and doom...

oh wait... that would be another liberal telling you what to do...damn... ok ok wait... I can do this.

You sir, should just be you...damn it!... did it again...

Go have a beer... wait that is telling someone what to do again... hmm.

sally sold seashells by the sea shore.

There we go.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. He doesn't look well, looks disturbed. May be drinking again
Comming from the fattest drunk in Boca , thats why the darkie married your fat ass ,heat in the winter / shade in the summer ,when he is done fkn you he rolls over 3 times and hes still on you .
Always Right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a landslide when it's only 3 million more votes in a population of over 300 million.
He mostly won the liberal states in the Northwest, the liberal states in the Midwest and the liberal states along the West Coast which happen to have the largest populations.

Romney, unfortunately, proved to be the wrong candidate. He let too many golden opportunities slip by.
Obama's "get out the vote campaign" was also three years in the making.
Nevertheless, no landslide. That's much too big of a stretch.
the popular vote does not decide elections, the ELECTORAL VOTE does, even if Romney won the popular vote he wouldn't win the election, Obama won overwhelmingly the electoral votes in both elections to secure the presidency.

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>Another ped-o-phile leftist sockpuppet troll...
Please do not attempt to place your rather disgusting sexual tastes on me, it's something that isn't normal and I would suggest you see a doctor about it before you act on your impulses that would most likely leave a poor little boy wrecked and another sad story about the prevented sexual muses of another conservative.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
as compared to mortar and shell lobbing daily?
you really are in la-la land.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

A former Olympic official who fled Russia after President Vladimir Putin criticised him for delays and cost overruns before the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi claims he has been poisoned.

Akhmed Bilalov, fired as deputy head of the Russian Olympic Committee in February, said on Saturday that doctors had discovered elevated mercury levels in his blood. He is receiving treatment in Germany.

“They have found elevated levels of mercury in my body,” Bilalov told the Interfax news agency, confirming Russian press reports.“I didn’t want to announce this before, but now that the press has found out, I’m forced to confirm it.”

Bilalov, a native of the republic of Dagestan, was subsequently stripped of his positions, including as head of a state-owned company building ski resorts across the Caucasus region. He fled the country shortly after.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/28/former-...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican filibustered it in the Senate you moron. Otherwise the Senate would have ended them.
Darn, those pesky facts.
The actual bill never came to a vote. The vote to end debate failed to get 60 votes.
RealDave that’s the process it was defeated by a Bi-Partisan vote 52/48 if you don’t like the process than change it!!

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who orders the "thread be shut down". Again, we dont take orders from leftist wimps....
I ordered the thread be shut down? Damn I must be a hell of a sneaky liberal that not even I knew that I did that.

You, Mr. internet tough guy are one insightful person.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a landslide when it's only 3 million more votes in a population of over 300 million.
He mostly won the liberal states in the Northwest, the liberal states in the Midwest and the liberal states along the West Coast which happen to have the largest populations.
Florida and a few other states were a fluke but only means the mindset of too many Americans is even more worrisome.
Romney, unfortunately, proved to be the wrong candidate. He let too many golden opportunities slip by.
No it's not. Fluke? You're out of your mind.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Is there anyone in America who believes that if the bombing suspects had been native-born, white, loner Protestants, more than a million people would have been placed under a lockdown that verged on martial law?

Is there anyone who truly believes that, had it been a blue-eyed, blonde-locked, Christian-born, American citizen who committed this monstrous bombing and then murdered a policeman in cold blood, that major league baseball and national hockey league games would be canceled, and that the national passenger rail carrier and the nation's premier bus line would suspend service on one of the country's highest profile traffic corridors?

Had the terror suspect not been a Muslim, an immigrant, naturalized, retaining a name that began with three syllables, is there anyone who truly believes that a United States Senator would publicly urge that he be declared an "enemy combatant for intelligence gathering purposes" and that he be denied Supreme Court-mandated Fifth and Sixth Amendment Constitutional rights granted to people arrested in the United States?

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
My good man, you have such a dark view about your life, you should really get out more, make friends, fall in love with a good girl and the nice things and stop this whole gloom and doom...
oh wait... that would be another liberal telling you what to do...damn... ok ok wait... I can do this.
There we go.
My people skills are just fine... It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work. Your location hidden..eh??
You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida and a few other states were a fluke but only means the mindset of too many Americans is even more worrisome.
So all I saw there was one long list of excuses why Obama won big.

I wonder what would happen if it was the other way around I said something along the lines of "Romney only won in the conservative south" which is like saying water is wet and fire burns.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Final Tally Shows Obama First Since ’56 to Win 51% Twice

Obama is the first president to achieve the 51 percent mark in two elections since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, who did it in 1952 and 1956, and the first Democrat to do so since Franklin D. Roosevelt, who won four consecutive White House races. Roosevelt received 53.4 percent of the vote -- his lowest -- in his last race in 1944.

Obama, 51, benefited from political factors that included a lack of serious opposition for his party’s nomination or from well-known third-party challengers, and an absence of social unrest, scandal or foreign-policy disasters during his first term, said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University in Washington.

“Under the big picture, this was an entirely predictable election outcome,” Lichtman said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-03/fina...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... Because I see something for what it is... you know... math = victory. I am an idiot?
Should I pretend like others that it was in fact a "close" race, in the mean time I could also chase down a unicorn.
Interesting view point, anyone who voted for Obama is a fool which is the majority of America so by your logic America is a nation of fools.
You sir, are a American hating terrorist. Why do you hate America so much? We have done so much for the world our advancements in medicine alone should be points of admiration but you hate us so much...
No, America is a great country regardless of what your American hating punk @ss says. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There was no majority. Nearly half the voting age people didn't even vote. Maybe closer to a 1/4.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>First time it's been done since Ike.
If Ross Perot had not taken the votes away from George HW Bush against Clinton's first run, we wouldn't even be on this thread. Clinton won by a minority vote. History would have been written differently if Clinton's scandal-ridden/kinky two terms had never happened.

If George Bush, Sr., had won a second term, the likelihood of George Bush, Jr., running and becoming president also would have probably never happened.

A democrat would have still won after GHW Bush's theoretic second term and 9/11 would have still happened. But a Democrat would in all probability have been in the White House then. Either the Afghan and Iraq War would have happened anyway or we'd still be under attack.

Without the polarization caused by Clinton and then Bush, Obama would still be an unknown Senator voting present in Congress.

The "what ifs" are endless. But since they don't count, forgive me for indulging myself.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Comming from the fattest drunk in Boca , thats why the darkie married your fat ass ,heat in the winter / shade in the summer ,when he is done fkn you he rolls over 3 times and hes still on you .
You're a member of Mensa, right?

BOSTON—Days after being apprehended for his alleged role in last week’s Boston Marathon attack, suspected bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev reportedly posted bail earlier today, prompting authorities to release him from custody.“At approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning, the suspect’s attorney posted his $2,000 bond, making Mr. Tsarnaev a free man for the time being,” Boston Police Department Commissioner Edward Davis told reporters at a press conference hours after Tsarnaev’s discharge from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, adding that the 19-year-old terror suspect is not considered a flight risk due to his high recognizability and injured state.“Per the terms of his bail, the suspect will be unable to leave the state of Massachusetts and must check in with officers once a week until his trial date. Should he violate the terms of his release or fail to show up for trial, he stands to forfeit the entirety of the bond.” Tsarnaev was unable to be reached for comment

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dzhokar-tsar...

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Final Tally Shows Obama First Since ’56 to Win 51% Twice
Obama is the first president to achieve the 51 percent mark in two elections since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, who did it in 1952 and 1956, and the first Democrat to do so since Franklin D. Roosevelt, who won four consecutive White House races. Roosevelt received 53.4 percent of the vote -- his lowest -- in his last race in 1944.
Obama, 51, benefited from political factors that included a lack of serious opposition for his party’s nomination or from well-known third-party challengers, and an absence of social unrest, scandal or foreign-policy disasters during his first term, said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University in Washington.
“Under the big picture, this was an entirely predictable election outcome,” Lichtman said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-03/fina...
So what? We're still going in the wrong direction and, thankfully, it's finally starting to sink in - even to those who made the mistake of voting for him a second time.

GW Bush's and Barack Obama's approval ratings are now tied in the polls.

That's much more significant.

Especially since all of our taxes went up last January and the Obamacare "tax law" is scaring the hell out of everyone now that it's here.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
There we go.
Was up, reterd?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ross Perot had not taken the votes away from George HW Bush against Clinton's first run, we wouldn't even be on this thread. Clinton won by a minority vote. History would have been written differently if Clinton's scandal-ridden/kinky two terms had never happened.
If George Bush, Sr., had won a second term, the likelihood of George Bush, Jr., running and becoming president also would have probably never happened.
A democrat would have still won after GHW Bush's theoretic second term and 9/11 would have still happened. But a Democrat would in all probability have been in the White House then. Either the Afghan and Iraq War would have happened anyway or we'd still be under attack.
Without the polarization caused by Clinton and then Bush, Obama would still be an unknown Senator voting present in Congress.
The "what ifs" are endless. But since they don't count, forgive me for indulging myself.
Romney Blames Loss On Successfully Communicating His Message To Minorities

http://www.theonion.com/video/romney-blames-l...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Dave Nelson 225,727
offer 1 hr Peter 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr C Hamilton 305,401
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana 6 hr Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning 6 hr Mike Williams 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr anonymous 26,977
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••