Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890785 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
As if cnn was not involved in military propaganda?
just like the Weekly Standard? NRO? Heritage? and on and on with most every right wing site i can name?
Cway

United States

#890786 Apr 20, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can guarantee that (slapping) would NEVER happen, fatboy....:-)
A guarantee that expires once I grab you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890787 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that you have a much much better chance getting killed by a doctor or even your own illegitimate government tha. a rogue terrorist?
Only a fool gives up liberty for security and deserves neither.
Nobama in the house?
Voluntarist

United States

#890788 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, you need a reality check if you think the CIA is credible.
Like the time they reported ousted Haitian President Aristide was mentally unbalanced. It was their way of supporting the military coup which overthrew him.
Clinton eventually found out the report was hogwash and Aristide was placed back in power.
The CIA lied us into Vietnam. They overthrew the democratic regime of Iran in 1953 and installed a dictatorship. That blew up in our faces 26 years later when the Shah was overthrown. Now they are understandably hostile.
Go read a book. Or better yet, go run outside screaming your head off as your post indicates you want to. I'm sure it won't be the first time.
And the fbi covered up the okc bombing.
Cway

United States

#890789 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you also bow when you kiss her ring?
Pelosi's a scumbag. An apologist for torture just like you.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890790 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have left out the part about North Korea launching an unprovoked attack across the border.
Compare that with the "justification" for going to war in Iraq which was a pack of lies told by Bush and Cheney.
The Korean War held back communism from the North supported by China from taking over the South.

North Korean leaders and military don't consider their own citizens as human beings. Entire families are imprisoned in the numerous gulags, tortured, starved and executed on a routine basis because one family member escaped to the South or inadvertently disgraced the leader who the North Korean population literally worship as a god.

I'm pretty sure South Korea is grateful for their freedom on our behalf.

If you have 45 minutes, look at the National Geographic's documentary "Inside North Korea".

You will see things differently. I guarantee it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890791 Apr 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it ended?
A bombing at a coffee shop in Baghdad has killed at least 27 people, police and medical officials say. The blast is the latest manifestation of a spike in violence ahead of Iraqi elections.
The blast, which was also said to have injured more than 50 people, occurred at 10 p.m. local time in a mostly Sunni Amriyah neighborhood of western Baghdad. Police said the bomber set off his explosive belt inside the packed café.
Officials said at least three children were among the dead. While there was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, al Qaeda militants are among the suspects after stepping up their campaign of violence in an apparent bid to stoke ethnic tensions between the Sunni and Shiite communities.
http://www.dw.de/iraq-coffee-shop-bomb-kills-...
it seems that what We started hasn't yet stopped.
so how many innocents have died now because we needed more oil?
It's averaging over one hundred per week and most of it is sectarian with Shiite's dying at a much higher rate than Sunni's.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#890792 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And who will enforce the implementation of said Global Ethics Code? Tom Cruise? Jon Stewart? Jimmy Kimmel? Robert Redford? Bill Ayers? The Boy Messiah?
And who will define what determines bombing, harassing, harming, stealing, terrorizing and invading or what comprises 'political' or 'religious' intentions?
Jeremy Wright? the Reverend Jesse Jackson? The Right Reverend Little Boy Alvin Sharpton?
Who polices the Police? Who judges the Judges?
God Bless Boston-and the HUMANITY they showed, towards actions so undeserving of any.

If "it" hurts or harms anyone else whatsoever, whatever "it" may be, in any way shape form or fashion-- and arises of nothing but benevolence and maliciousness-then "it" is NOT "Right".

Pretty simple.

Orlando, FL

#890793 Apr 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>And you are connecting the dots of al-Qaeda to two Russian bombers?
Wack-O.
Terror is terror...Jack-O. Obama used to have a hard time even saying the word and actually didn't for a long time.

But saying the war on terror is virtually over in his State of the Union address was not only premature but false.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#890794 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....your point being...????
Gitmo should NOT be closed.

Orlando, FL

#890795 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a yes or no question
If you ask South Koreans or Jews if the killing of innocents in the Korean War and WWII was worth it, the answer would be yes.

If you're asking me if the acceleration of the drone program by this administration has created an even deeper and stronger animosity towards the United States, the answer would be yes.
Cway

United States

#890796 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
This is also a very moving rendition of Simon and Garfunkel's "America" performed by David Bowie at the
Your stuff is sissy music.

Eric Burdon and the Animals. Early Rolling Stones. That is real rock and roll.

Orlando, FL

#890797 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that you have a much much better chance getting killed by a doctor or even your own illegitimate government tha. a rogue terrorist?
Only a fool gives up liberty for security and deserves neither.
Do you know how many tragic and unfortunate deaths happen every single day that aren't caused by a bomb exploding in public places and planes flying into buildings?

Do you also know al Qaeda is regrouping in Africa?

It ain't over...no matter how much Obama wants you to believe he single-handedly has saved us all by finding bin Laden which he had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with when it came to the decisions leading up to his discovery five years beforehand.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#890798 Apr 20, 2013
Liberals apologist out trying explain away the President narrative’ Al-Qaeda was on their Heels and the Threat of Terrorism was Declining’ so Liberals was this just a Crime or an Act of Terrorism?
Cway

United States

#890799 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how I know. And most of the rest of the world who aren't in the throes of denial.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Or if you prefer reading about it...
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/new...
I have better things to do than verify your ratty sources.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#890800 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Political terrorism" as opposed to "what" other terrorism?
This is rather vague rhetoric ....and now you add race, creed or color???
You seem to be getting lost and tangled in your own rope, Cowboy.
Au Contraire--

terrorism, the threat or use of violence, often against the civilian population, to achieve political or social ends, to intimidate opponents, or to publicize grievances. The term dates from the Reign of Terror(1793–94) in the French Revolution but has taken on additional meaning in the 20th cent. Terrorism involves activities such as assassinations, bombings, random killings, and hijackings. Used for ***political***, not military, purposes, and most typically by groups too weak to mount open assaults, it is a modern tool of the alienated, and its psychological impact on the public has increased because of extensive coverage by the media. Political terrorism also may be part of a government campaign to eliminate the opposition, as under Hitler
Mussolini, Stalin and others, or may be part of a revolutionary effort to overthrow a regime.

Terrorist attacks also are now a common tactic in guerrilla warfare.
Governments find attacks by terrorist groups difficult to prevent; international agreements to tighten borders or return terrorists for trial may offer some deterrence.(freedictionary)

Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])

----------

The young man is a US citizen. No need to deport for trial anywhere else.

Guilty.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-marathon-bomb...

Orlando, FL

#890801 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand why due process is important and without it there is NOTHING that you can do when even an.american is arbitrarely determined an enemy combatant?
War criminals receive "due process" in military tribunals. Not in the American court system where lawyers defend their rights as if they were an American citizen who jumped from the Twin Towers.

Orlando, FL

#890802 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I have better things to do than verify your ratty sources.
It was worldwide news. But you've already proven you're too hopeless to waste any more time on. Sorry.
Cgay

Pompano Beach, FL

#890803 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stuff is sissy music.
Eric Burdon and the Animals. Early Rolling Stones. That is real rock and roll.
Thee Gay thayin thitthy?
Voluntarist

United States

#890804 Apr 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the Weekly Standard? NRO? Heritage? and on and on with most every right wing site i can name?
So where does that leave us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Just Me Wolfie 27,402
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Gordon 227,553
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min sassyjm 305,640
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr take a number 200,967
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••