Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
I Come In PEACE

Bronx, NY

#886896 Apr 11, 2013
Smearing those Who Speak the Truth: The Media Myth of “Regime Apologists.Everything You Know About Money Is Wrong
We Can’t Fix What We Don’t Understand
Bloomberg notes this week that the conventional theory of why money was created is wrong:

There are, broadly speaking, two accounts of the origin and history of money. One is elegant, intuitive and taught in many introductory economics textbooks. The other is true.

The financial economist Charles Goodhart, a former member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee, laid out the two views in a 1998 paper,“The Two Concepts of Money: Implications for the Analysis of Optimal Currency Areas.”

The first view, the “M View,” is named after the Austrian 19th century economist and historian Karl Menger, whose 1882 essay “On the Origins of Money” is the canonical statement of an argument that goes back to Aristotle:

As subsistence farming gives way to more complex economies, individuals want to trade. Simple barter (eight bushels of wheat for one barrel of wine) quickly becomes inefficient, because a buyer’s desires won’t always match up with a seller’s inventory. If a merchant comes through the village with wine and all a farmer has to offer is wheat, but the merchant wants nuts, there’s no trade and both parties walk away unfulfilled. Or the farmer has to incur the costs of finding another merchant who will exchange wheat for nuts and then hope that the first merchant hasn’t moved on to the next village.

But if the merchant and the farmer can exchange some other medium, then the trade can happen. This medium of exchange has to be what Menger calls “saleable,” meaning that it’s easily portable, doesn’t spoil over time and can be divided. Denominated coins work, shells and beads also fit the bill. So do cigarettes in POW camps and jails and Tide laundry detergent for drug dealers. This process, Menger argues, happens without the intervention of the state:“Money has not been generated by law. In its origin it is a social, and not a state institution.”[Menger's view is the commonly-accepted theory of money.]

Goodhart points out, however, that Menger is just wrong about the actual history of physical money, especially metal coins. Goodhart writes that coins don’t follow Menger’s account at all. Normal people, after all, can’t judge the quality of hunks of metal the same way they can count cigarettes or shells. They can, however, count coins. Coins need to be minted, and governments are the ideal body to do so. Precious metals that become coins are, well, precious, and stores of them need to be protected from theft. Also, a private mint will always have the incentive to say its coins contain more high-value stuff than they actually do. Governments can last a long time and make multi-generational commitments to their currencies that your local blacksmith can’t.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#886897 Apr 11, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave are you for Real, the individual has been tax twice on the Same Money!! When he Earn it now when he/she withdrew it… What Tax Break!!
You are dumber than Eman.

When you put parrt of your wages in an IRA it is pre-tax dollars.

My God you right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
I Come In PEACE

Bronx, NY

#886898 Apr 11, 2013
OBAMAS Crimes against Humanity: Afghan Children Killed in NATO Airstrikes
Twelve civilians, including 11 children killed in Afghan NATO strike

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#886899 Apr 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid
Don't be so hard on yourself.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886900 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The blank Czech speaketh! You're the dumbest one on here.
Does your bigotry know no bounds?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886901 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, we know all about your life, beating up and stalking the homeless, spitting on them, picking up diapers in the hallway of your project building. You're a pathetic old wretch, comes out in every post.
But, karmas gonna gitcha Janey, hit you right in the head, better get yourself together, soon you're gonna be dead.
Karma is too busy with you to bother with anyone else.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#886902 Apr 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"All"? Now for the truth
"Several dozen students walked out of Sunday's commencement ceremonies at St. Joseph's University, where Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum was receiving an honorary degree."
Do you ever tell the truth?
Yep, got me there.

I should have sad some or a lot of students & 30 faculty walked out. Many did not attend. Many protested by wearing rainbow tassels on their caps but stayed. After all, it was their commencement & refused to let the bigot Santorum ruin it any further.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886903 Apr 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you haven't been following Flacko's post's on this or his other threads for the last five years eh?
He's been consistently wrong on every topic because he only reads the headline and let's that little chicken that runs around in his mind take over the splainin.
I've known folks like Flack since a teen hanging out at Grange meetings with my dad the farmer.
But unlike your twisted self, Flack is honest, interesting and an important part of what makes this thread worth the time.
My question wasn't about flack. It was about you. Why don't you answer it. It's dishonest to leave out part af a title so you are the twisted liar, not me.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886904 Apr 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The idea that these fee phones are new under Obama is a view taken by most dumbass right whiners.
And apparently by dumbass obama supporters as well.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886905 Apr 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that the point flew 0ver your head like most intelligent comments.
Its a tax break because there of taxation when the contributions are made is likely higher than the tax rate paid when they money is withdrawn.
If you make jointly $150K taxable, you would pay 28%. But say after retirement, your taxable income is $70,000 and you pay 15%.
Wow, that is a break of 12%.
How did you become such a dumbass?
Um stupid you don't pay 28% on the entire 150k. You pay 15% on that 70k even if you make a billion dollars. Wheres the tax break?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886906 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh really? Tell us how you came up with that?
Someone who uses "chezc" as an insult wouldn't understand.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#886907 Apr 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
My question wasn't about flack. It was about you. Why don't you answer it. It's dishonest to leave out part af a title so you are the twisted liar, not me.
You're a night crew mutt with little to offer__fk off.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886909 Apr 11, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave are you for Real, the individual has been tax twice on the Same Money!! When he Earn it now when he/she withdrew it… What Tax Break!!
The money is not taxed when it goes in. Realdave doesn't know we have a progressive tax system. The tax rate on earned income at 70k is the same for everyone no matter how much you make.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886910 Apr 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a night crew mutt with little to offer__fk off.
Night crew? Another liberal who can't tell the truth. Ask one of the nurses to pull your panties out of your ass old man.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#886911 Apr 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumber than Eman.
When you put parrt of your wages in an IRA it is pre-tax dollars.
My God you right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
Look up progressive tax system. Geesh!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#886912 Apr 11, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama wants to tax cigarettes about another dollar to raise $70 billion to pay for kindergarten for 4 year olds. With tobacco use declining where will the money come from to make up the difference?
On a side note the spell checker thinks Obama is suppose to be Mamba. LMAO!!!
I think it would be better to double tax all gun sales
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#886913 Apr 11, 2013
In other news Lil Kim wagged his mini missile again but didn't launch it__maybe he's waiting for the big upcoming national birthday celebration of Big-un.

What happens if one of those antiques blows up on the launch pad? Does Kim kill a general or two and will FOX televise it?

With a disclaimer of course.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#886914 Apr 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
In other news Lil Kim wagged his mini missile again but didn't launch it__maybe he's waiting for the big upcoming national birthday celebration of Big-un.
What happens if one of those antiques blows up on the launch pad? Does Kim kill a general or two and will FOX televise it?
With a disclaimer of course.
The South Koreans are laughing at him. They're not running and hiding.
I Come In PEACE

Bronx, NY

#886916 Apr 11, 2013
THE LIBERAL AGENDA DESTROY THE YOUTH EXAMPLE ABORTION;Veteran teacher's resignation letter pouring scorn on America's 'zombie-like' education system goes viral after huge wave of supportGerald 'Jerry' Conti, 62, has taught history for 40 years

Decries the appalling state of American education in resignation letter to Westhill High School in Syracuse, N.Y.
Blasts the administration for taking 'creativity, academic freedom, teacher autonomy, experimentation and innovation' out of the classroom
The high school teacher is seeking to retire 3 years early

His letter has gone viral, with nearly 2,000 shares on Facebook
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#886917 Apr 11, 2013
Kid Rock made waves by supporting Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election, but that doesn't mean he always toes the party line. In an new interview with Rolling Stone, the rocker says one point in particular had him foaming at the mouth.

As previously reported, Kid Rock is planning a tour and trying to keep ticket prices at $20. He hasn't been completely successful, however, because of ticketing fees and states that have outlawed paperless ticketing. Guess who is to blame:

"That's one of the times I'm f--king embarrassed to be a Republican," Rock said. "It's f--king Republican lawmakers passing those laws, you dumbasses. They already did it in New York and they're trying to do it in Michigan. I've even called some of those guys to try and stop it."

But the musician's rage wasn't only directed at Republican legislators. "They're taking a f--king five-dollar service charge," he said of concert retailer Ticketmaster. "It's 25 percent of the f--king ticket! That's f--ked up, but I've beaten them up as much as I can. Then Walmart stepped in and agreed to charge just $20, and it includes parking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Pearl Jam 305,654
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 29 min Pastor Pete 200,971
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min waaasssuuup 227,594
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,403
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••