Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#885035 Apr 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
More hot air gobble-de-gook from the Retardican.
I am deducting 1,000,000,000,000,000 points for your colossal stupidity and brainless rants.
Cway 1,000,000,000,000,017
Black GOP Dope 0
LOL
Cway

United States

#885036 Apr 7, 2013
Don't you love the way Republicans scream and point the finger when caught in the act.

For example, Mr. Elephant is discovered with his hand in the cookie jar.

GOP Elephant:

"Clinton was here first and he took twice as many cookies! I'm only saying this now and for the first time because my conscience tells me to."

"I wouldn't have taken those cookies except I thought it was in America's best interest to do so."

"I meant well. Really."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#885037 Apr 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny.
A person slinging racial slurs says someone else has a small mind.
Laugh at yourself, ImaginaryDave.

Otherwise, someone else will do it for you.

Hurry up. I'm just aching to laugh at you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#885038 Apr 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
LOL = lily on liquor

Her natural state.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885040 Apr 7, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
I remember one homosexual who got shot in the hind quarters by his boyfriend for cheating, so the story goes.
That bullet went straight through and exited his wiener.
I saw it Sonic, for I was working in the ER.
He was in pretty bad shape and ended up with a double barrel colostomy after multiple surgeries.
i'm just so sure no woman has ever shot a man in the nads because he didn't deserve it.

wanna try again?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885041 Apr 7, 2013
Colonial Williamsburg: Where the Tea Party gets schooled

There's lots of NRA and Tea Party garb in colonial Williamsburg. But the history has a confrontational new approach

This might sound far-fetched, but Colonial Williamsburg, in its subtly transformed 21st-century mode, feels like a covert battleground in America’s culture wars. It’s where an overwhelmingly white and conservative audience meets the post-Howard Zinn cutting edge of history.(How much attention they pay, and how much they like it, is another question altogether.) If your ideas about the place are based on that grade-school trip you took with your grandparents, I can assure you that the effect is pretty different now. Beneath its manicured and bewigged surfaces, Colonial Williamsburg is trying to break free of its stodgy traditions and bring its visitors face to face with the internal conflicts and contradictions of the Revolutionary War era and their ripple effects across politics and society today.

....Historians Richard Handler and Eric Gable dubbed Williamsburg the “Republican Disneyland” in 1997, and the label stuck because it rings true to this day, long after the blithe racism of Williamsburg’s early programming has been transcended. I saw more National Rifle Association, Marine Corps and Tea Party-type bumper stickers in our first morning at Williamsburg than I see in New York City in a year.(My favorite featured the Obama logo morphing into a hammer-and-sickle:“Is THIS the Change you voted for?”) During spring-break week the visitor population was rich with Christian youth-group T-shirts, matching sets of NCAA-licensed athletic apparel — there were a whole bunch of Wake Forest fans that week — and red-white-and-blue gimme caps from the gift shop. I certainly saw a few people of color as the week wore on, but vastly fewer than we would have encountered at Busch Gardens, the major amusement park a few miles away. There were exactly three African-American families in the large crowd for that theater piece set backstage at the slave auction.

Every article ever written about Colonial Williamsburg brings up the overwhelming whiteness of the visitor population. Given that the venue was literally segregated during the Jim Crow era (blacks were admitted only one day a week, and the actors playing slaves lived in separate quarters), made no effort to include programming on African-American life until the 1980s, and cannot avoid focusing on the single most painful aspect of African-American history, it’s not exactly shocking that black people aren’t breaking down the doors. Another factor may be that the Revolutionary War itself is often seen, not just by African-Americans but by everybody, as an all-white duel of elites – George Washington vs. King George – whose ideas and slogans and conflicts are locked away behind glass in the vitrine of the distant past.

That dusty sense of certainty is exactly what has long made the American Revolution feel like a safe zone for contemporary conservatives; contemporary Tea Party activists picked their name for a reason. The heroes and villains of the Revolution seem clear-cut, and there’s very little popular debate about underlying causes (which makes it very different from the Civil War). The schoolbook versions are loaded with heroic deeds, truisms about God and tyranny and liberty, and paeans to the blinding greatness of the Founding Fathers, usually considered as a semi-divine monolith rather than a group of bickering men. That certainty is also exactly what the “Revolutionary City” program at Colonial Williamsburg seeks to undermine.(“Revolutionary City” is now concentrated in a 90-minute chunk towards the end of the day, but this summer it will expand throughout the schedule and become increasingly interwoven with other events.)

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/07/colonial_will...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885042 Apr 7, 2013
Beyond the glaring racial hypocrisy, other “Revolutionary City” episodes bring up uncomfortable contrasts. When Benedict Arnold and the Redcoats “take” the town (as they briefly did, in 1781), the infamous traitor scoffs at our boos and catcalls. You losers threw away British security over a few pennies in taxes on tea, he demands, wrecking your economy and leading to all this death and suffering. What was that all about? No one in the crowd can come up with anything good.“Religious freedom!” someone shouts.“Worship whatever deity you please,” Arnold retorts, as long as you tithe to the Church of England.“We’re taxed too much!” says someone else. Your taxes under the Continental Congress are 100 times higher than under the king, he tells us. You can almost feel the anxiety of the crowd: If the Revolution was about something bigger than church or taxes, what was it?

Sneakier still, in an almost Brechtian vein, is “A Court of Tar and Feathers,” an episode with undertones of the Milgram experiment. Three men from the crowd are hauled up on an outdoor stage to serve as the jury in a kangaroo-court case against a suspected Loyalist, who is accused of demeaning the Revolution. Indeed, we’ve heard him say it:“I sing the cause of America each time I visit the necessary house.” Guilty as charged! The men on stage are rushed into a sentence: The miscreant must issue a craven apology, or be tied up at the “liberty post,” coated with tar and feathers and ridden out of town on a rail. No, we don’t actually see this happen, but it’s a scary moment.

I can only assume that other people in the crowd noticed that this guy was being persecuted and threatened with torture for exercising the most basic of our constitutional rights, one that all Americans supposedly understand and treasure.(We do tend to give it up pretty easily in times of crisis, don’t we?) Maybe sometimes during this scenario somebody speaks up for him, and the actors have to veer off script a little. But we all just stood there politely and watched, which I guess was pretty much the point.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/07/colonial_will...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#885044 Apr 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Go f*ck yourself dumbass Eed.
If you were interested in being educated & better informed, you would have the intellectual curiosity to find information & you would't be such a GD dumbass.
"real dumb"
Once more you come thru all BS no action.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#885045 Apr 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just so sure no woman has ever shot a man in the nads because he didn't deserve it.
wanna try again?
She's only interested in gay nads; these rightwingers are all degenerates
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#885046 Apr 7, 2013
This is for Carol, or whatever she's calling herself these days:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend," explained Art Jones, a neo-Nazi militant from Chicago. "I salute Louis Farrakhan and anyone else who stands up against the Jews."

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#885047 Apr 7, 2013
Criminal charges have been dropped against nine of 13 people arrested last year in Florida for allegedly participating in paramilitary training with the American Front, described by authorities as a well-armed, militia-style white supremacist group.

Only its leader, Marcus Faella, 39, still faces trial next month in Osceola County. He is charged with participating and teaching paramilitary training, attempting to shoot into an occupied dwelling, and directing the activities of a gang.

Previously, defendant Christopher Brooks, 28, was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm. Luke Leger, 32, and Kent McLellan, 22, each received four years probation after pleading no contest to charges of participating in paramilitary training.

The informant was paid $40,000 to infiltrate the white supremacy group, which gathered on a 10-acre plot near St. Cloud, Fla., owned by Faella, 39, and his wife, Patricia, 36. Charges against her and defendant Dylan Rettenmaier were dismissed before their trial was scheduled to start on Monday.

At the time of their arrests, prosecutors alleged the American Front members were planning acts of violence and preparing for “an inevitable race war” in which they would kill Jews, immigrants and other minorities. Court documents described a compound that featured fortified gun entrenchments, barbed wire and firing ports cut into the side of the Faellas’ mobile home.
Assistant State Attorney Sarah Hatch announced the dismissals in court and without elaboration. The state attorney’s office later issued a statement saying it would be inappropriate to comment on the reason for the dismissals while the charges against Faella were pending.

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/04/04/char...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#885049 Apr 7, 2013
Pvt. Isaac Aguigui, the alleged ringleader of a murderous antigovernment group, was charged today by the United States Army with killing his wife, who was several months pregnant when she was found dead in their home on the Fort Stewart military base in Georgia nearly two years ago.

The 21-year-old Aguigui, according to Georgia state prosecutors, funded his dreams of overthrowing the government through a campaign of political assassination and other acts of terror with money from a $500,000 life insurance policy he received after the “highly suspicious” death in July 2011 of his wife, Deirdre, an army sergeant who had served a tour of duty in Iraq as a linguist.

While the army has been investigating Sgt. Aguigui’s death for nearly two years, military officials released no further details, according to The Associated Press.

Following his wife’s death, Aguigui and his followers spent $87,000 on military-grade weapons and bomb-making material.
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/04/03/army...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#885050 Apr 7, 2013
Are you aware of the Law?

The Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, also known as the DICK ACT of 1902, invalidates all so-called gun-control 'laws'.

It also divides the militia into three distinct and separate entities.** SPREAD THIS TO EVERYONE ** The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army.

The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal Right and 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy.

The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another illegal and gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The President of the United States has zero authority without violating the Constitution to call the National Guard to serve outside of their State borders.

The National Guard Militia can only be required by the National Government for limited purposes specified in the Constitution (to uphold the laws of the Union; to suppress insurrection and repel invasion). These are the only purposes for which the General Government can call upon the National Guard.

Source: http://www.civilrightstaskforce.info/gun_cont...
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#885051 Apr 7, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
Employees at the Walt Disney Co. are bracing for layoffs that are expected in the coming weeks as part of a reorganization of key operations.
How long do we have to wait before some good news? Layoffs are becoming an epidemic. Isn't the goal of economic recovery to create jobs?
Meanwhile, the number on welare is growing by leaps and bounds.
Somethin' just ain't right.
Oblamer and his failed policies aren't right. he couldn't care less about creating any jobs for the regular folk. What he seems to be concerned with is bankrupting this country.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#885052 Apr 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Guns - Sixty-seven percent (two out of three polled) favor a ban on assault weapons, while 20% oppose such a ban. This includes a majority of all age groups.
Expressing a deep concern about reaction to crime in the Black community, seventy-five percent (three out of four) believe that the Nation pays less attention to Black on Black crimes than on gun crimes against whites.
http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...
We can't stop the black on white crime, how in the world would we stop the black on black crime?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#885053 Apr 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The latest "characters" to the party will have to insist that it's the fault of the gays, not the guns...I mean, straight Christians don't commit suicide, ergo, Warren and Osmond's sons must have been victimized by roving bands of gay recruiting bullies, don'cha'know. lol
Anal Annie, our resident sodomy expert.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885054 Apr 7, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't stop the black on white crime, how in the world would we stop the black on black crime?
seems to me there's a much longer history of white on black crime.

and now that i think about it, there seems to be a long history of white on everyone else crime.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#885055 Apr 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Repugnants controlled both House and Senate. Nice try. Clinton signed off after the GOP majority forced it. That these banks are currently being fined enormous sums is proof they were guilty of predatory lending of a voluntary nature, not forced lending because of Barney Frank or Chris Dodd.
<quoted text>
Wrong, no economic train wreck under Clinton. There was no bank crisis, no doubling of the federal debt or 500,000 jobs being lost each month during his last months in office. No credit-default scams.
The balanced budget after years in the red by Reagan and GHW Bush was a major accomplishment.
Nice try.
<quoted text>
As I said before, get the grease clogs out of your brain before making a fool of yourself with GOP hot air gobble-de-gook.
<quoted text>
Well, that's mighty big of you to admit. If you can't see the threat this poses to our economy over the long run, and I doubt you have the education grasp it, you are truly hopeless.
<quoted text>
Says you. I should further point out, health insurance is still private. There is no government version.
<quoted text>
Why educate yourself when you can let Rush do your thinking for you?
Cway 11
Black GOP Dope 0
Have him tell you about the two tubes in the vagina...I thought this one had to be one of the Faux Engine tricycle tribe, but he's got to be the bottom of the barrel even in that crowd. Maybe Knock-knock or Cherokreep but the Alzheimers or alcoholic dementia has gotten much more advanced?
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#885056 Apr 7, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oblamer and his failed policies aren't right. he couldn't care less about creating any jobs for the regular folk. What he seems to be concerned with is bankrupting this country.
It would sure seem that way.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#885058 Apr 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all counts.
1.) You don't think
2.) I'm not confused
3.) My parents aren't on this thread.
In Sum, Cway = Confusion
Pubic Hair, when stuck on your vocal chords and between your teeth, can result in Follicular Dementia.....at least get a haircut, Dood.
Ruh roh! You just revealed you are posting as Straight Black Poop as well as this and several other brain dead entities. LMAO@"all" of u.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 230,905
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 22 min Fair Game 1,607
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Kathwynn 306,360
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Ramando From SF 27,981
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Be yourself 498
loan needed (Dec '13) 10 hr Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 hr Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE