Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884422 Apr 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just a worthless, negative person who never even makes a substantive post. Some people are just like that.
Sometimes, check the night shift, he's on here all night posting to himself!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884423 Apr 5, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I will expect an apology when a national news magazine chronicles president nobama's trysts with males.
Peace
Oh shut up you old dummy; you and your ilk are sickening

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884424 Apr 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yawn
that's what Waxman said.

imagine that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884425 Apr 5, 2013
Trayvon Martin's family has reached a settlement in a wrongful death suit they filed against the homeowners association of the sub-division where Martin was killed, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Martin was shot to death just steps from his father's home on Feb. 26, 2012, by volunteer neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. The case drew national attention last year as the Sanford Police Department vacillated on whether to file charges against Zimmerman, who indicated that he'd shot Martin only after being attacked. Zimmerman has been charged with second degree murder and is currently awaiting trial.

Portions of the settlement released Friday do not specify how much money Martin's family will receive, but according to the Sentinel, the figure is believed to be in excess of $1 million. The settlement does, however, state that Zimmerman is not part of the agreement. Lawyers for Martin's family have made it clear that they still plan to file a civil claim against Zimmerman at a later point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/tray...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#884426 Apr 5, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> First off Lilly you got me twisted. I'm not a democrat or republican or independent or green or tea party. I'm not a Bible Thumper,an evangelical, Christian, Muslim, or any religion for that matter. I'm far from ignorant & maybe you need to read the Bible a lil more cuz it's apparent you just don't understand it & formed your own opinion. Without a doubt, it's a fact I was born black. Same can't be said for the gay community so me being black holds no bearing on my opinion. It wasn't my intention to hurt dude feelings, but I can not apologize for what I believe in. The truth still remains, a baby is born without knowledge of anything. I got a thing for Spanish girls or latinas, I wasn't born thus way. If he can as most gays do flaunt his sexual orientation then I can give my opinion on the matter. As far as abortion & every other social issue you named, I've always stated it's none of my business. Neither is who can marry who. I simply said I don't agree with it. Racism is something one can't help. Being gay is a decision of the mind.
Your posts reveal your ignorance about homosexuality. That is irrefutable. You stupidly insist it's a decision of the mind. I'm telling you it isn't. You don't get to contradict me. Truth is truth.

It is exactly the same as being black as far as having no choice, except easier to handle in one respect (you can hide it) and harder to handle in one respect (black people have black parents in solidarity, gay kids are alone.)

Now, if I understood this post correctly, and you can have your beliefs without fighting against legal recognition of my marriage, then that's cool. Believe what you want. However, if you want to discuss it, I'm here to dispel the rumors you've been told. You can't contradict my life, because I exist. I am real. I am moral. I am gay. I am close to God. I am married. God led me to my spouse just as He led me to everything else in my life.

So something is wrong on your end and you need to work that out. I recommend serious prayer on the subject.

But like I said, as long as you don't interfere in my marriage, I can't and have no reason to ask you to change your beliefs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#884427 Apr 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
On Friday, the guests and host of MSNBC’s Now laughed off what they considered the inconsequential story of President Barack Obama making objectifying comments about the attractiveness of California Attorney General Kamala Harris. While some feminist commentators aren’t laughing, the MSNBC panel concluded that the president’s offensive comment amounted to a “one-day story.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcers-laugh-off...
There was nothing wrong with what the president said!! When has it become offensive complimenting a woman? But under pressure by the Liberals PC Police, Obama Apologizes for Praising Female Official’s Looks!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884428 Apr 5, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing wrong with what the president said!! When has it become offensive complimenting a woman? But under pressure by the Liberals PC Police, Obama Apologizes for Praising Female Official’s Looks!
Yawn

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884429 Apr 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts reveal your ignorance about homosexuality. That is irrefutable. You stupidly insist it's a decision of the mind. I'm telling you it isn't. You don't get to contradict me. Truth is truth.
It is exactly the same as being black as far as having no choice, except easier to handle in one respect (you can hide it) and harder to handle in one respect (black people have black parents in solidarity, gay kids are alone.)
Now, if I understood this post correctly, and you can have your beliefs without fighting against legal recognition of my marriage, then that's cool. Believe what you want. However, if you want to discuss it, I'm here to dispel the rumors you've been told. You can't contradict my life, because I exist. I am real. I am moral. I am gay. I am close to God. I am married. God led me to my spouse just as He led me to everything else in my life.
So something is wrong on your end and you need to work that out. I recommend serious prayer on the subject.
But like I said, as long as you don't interfere in my marriage, I can't and have no reason to ask you to change your beliefs.
Well said! Being gay isn't easy; it's a struggle that one must go through as you described. Being black and gay is doubly difficult.
I think that straight people get stuck on the sex part, obsess about it. It makes straight men nervous. If they are secure in their masculinity they are fine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884430 Apr 5, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
This deserves a mention: rightwinger defends the President!
There is hope in the world. I agree, it's a non issue; it was a compliment and well deserved, she is attractive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884431 Apr 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Trayvon Martin's family has reached a settlement in a wrongful death suit they filed against the homeowners association of the sub-division where Martin was killed, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
Martin was shot to death just steps from his father's home on Feb. 26, 2012, by volunteer neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. The case drew national attention last year as the Sanford Police Department vacillated on whether to file charges against Zimmerman, who indicated that he'd shot Martin only after being attacked. Zimmerman has been charged with second degree murder and is currently awaiting trial.
Portions of the settlement released Friday do not specify how much money Martin's family will receive, but according to the Sentinel, the figure is believed to be in excess of $1 million. The settlement does, however, state that Zimmerman is not part of the agreement. Lawyers for Martin's family have made it clear that they still plan to file a civil claim against Zimmerman at a later point.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/tray...
That's going to be some trial!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884432 Apr 5, 2013
New Hampshire officials rejected all four bids to privatize its prisons, citing prison operators’ insufficient understanding of court-mandated standards of inmate care, and proposed wages that are half what prison security staff now earn. The decision comes following a recent vote by the state House of Representatives to prohibit private prisons in the state. For-profit prison operators’ interest in profiting off inmates leads to perverse incentives, and many private facilities have been cited for human rights abuses and violations of state law.

TP

phenomenal!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#884433 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Racism can be helped, and no one decides to be gay. I don't care what the bible said, it's just a book, written by men.
Your premise holds no logic. I guess no one decides to like dogs, cats, or fat women. It's called sexual preference because it's what you prefer. Y'all running round here twisting these kids mind all up. That's why there's more gay kids than ever. If I'm wrong, why don't kids commit suicide because they are straight. Happens left & right with gays. Why is it taboo to most every nation on the planet? Like I said"doth what thou wilt." Doesn't effect me one way or the other, but don't lie to me about being born that way. If a person wanted to marry a goat is he normal also? It's got nothing to do withthe person in general cuz I'm quite sure some of them are good people at the same ratio as straight people, but if a person is religious & they have to twist their book of faith to fit their agenda, somethings wrong. Don't do what everyone on here does. Answer the questions!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884434 Apr 5, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
(another FOXbot.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#884435 Apr 5, 2013
Remember when Nostradumbass Waxman made 1000+ posts guaranteeing Obama would not be re-elected?

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#884436 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Well said! Being gay isn't easy; it's a struggle that one must go through as you described. Being black and gay is doubly difficult.
I think that straight people get stuck on the sex part, obsess about it. It makes straight men nervous. If they are secure in their masculinity they are fine.
Where do y'all get this stupid idea or assumption that it has anything to do with masculinity? This is morality, nothing more, nothing less. I'm a man. I don't think of or look at men in that manor. It's not just men, gay women are wrong as well. Ilk make it simple for you since you continue to avoid all other attempts to make you understand. Women have a hole, men have the tool tofill that hole. Make sense outta man on man, or women on women!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#884440 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Yawn
24 hours later I return to find lily and Tony C still bitter and angry. Hurling insults at people all the while claiming not to care what the other person's opinions are.

They are irked off because they cannot keep a tight watch on THEIR thread overnight and people who they disagree with dare to post. The angst of not being able to inform such a person that they are bottom dwelling scum suckers promptly.

Life must be both very empty and very challenging for them, as the most important thing to them is a Topix thread.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#884441 Apr 5, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>'Bush was praised"??? There you go again, Aunt Maddie with your passive voice for the passive/aggressive reich-wing nonsensical. Why don't you move on up to active? At twenty hours a week at fifteen bucks an hour (if we are to believe you), god and everybody knows you have time. Oh, and, it's juxtaposition in case anyone asks.
Wish I could remember who said this but it was a political figure or someone in the media who described a side of Bush the public didn't see. They said they wish every American could have met with him in private or in a small group because he was quite articulate and convincing in a more intimate setting. He just wasn't comfortable as a public speaker.

Maybe "praised" was overstating it.

But many people on both sides had the same impressions of Bush who knew him out of the public eye. Some have said they walked away with a sense that they knew him...that he was amazingly down to earth...that what you saw is what you got, no pretense...and that he had a very good sense of humor.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#884442 Apr 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Want to hear something knee slapping funny? Seems if you are a person who whose income is guesstimated for the next year (2014) and you make more than the estimate you have to pay some of the 'tax credit' back. So say you estimate that you will be eligible for a $10,000 'tax credit' but in reality you are only eligible for $5000. Well the federal government sends your 'tax credit' to the insurance company. BUT you owe the federal government $5000. Does the government get it from the insurance company? NOoooo!!! You are on the hook for the 4 G's. A lot of small business people going to get slammed! SUCKERS!!!
It's going to be just a big mess.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#884443 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You rightwingers are so wound up about the thought of gay sex that it's got you all twisted up like a pretzel; to the point where you insist on dehumanizing them as if they are animals, you do this with blacks as well.
You people are sickening beyond words and Dr. Carson is a damn fool.
Try and focus on the issue. The issue is the unforeseen consequences of changing the definition of marriage.

You would be hard-pressed to find many people nowadays who deny gay couples the same rights as married couples. The laws protect those rights already. They just can't have the definition.

A majority of blacks and Hispanics believe the same as Dr. Carson on this issue. The majority of blacks and Hispanics also voted for Obama who was against gay marriage himself until he evolved before an election.

When Obama was against gay marriage, was he all twisted up like a pretzel and dehumanizing gays as if they were animals? Are blacks and Hispanics doing that now?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#884445 Apr 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Lily, on the one hand I can at least understand their starting point, because I started out in the same place, having been taught the same things.
The difference is, when I turned 12, I was FORCED to begin examining it more deeply. I didn't have the luxury of reading one line in a bible, assuming that was the final word, and then snapping my fingers and turning straight.
However, the story is kind of sad, because I was a bright kid with a lot of potential and an unusual interest in God/religion at a young age. I have felt close to God most of my life.
But because of things I was told, I wasted some great years of my life scared, and desperately trying to change something that couldn't be changed (and had no reason to be changed.)
Imagine an innocent 12 year old kid, crying in his bed, praying every day for God to "give me something else." If He had to give me some kind of challenge, I prayed for Him to "break my legs instead." Twelve years old. I should have been blissfully enjoying childhood. But because of things these kinds of ignorant idiots walk around carelessly saying, I tortured myself for the next 12 years.
So let me make it perfectly clear: if anybody COULD change their sexual orientation, it would have been me. No one has ever prayed more, harder, and for more years for something that never happened. Other prayers were addressed, but not that one. It made no sense - until I realized that one prayer was my one contradiction in praying for what *I* wanted instead of for whatever was in God's plan for me.
People think I twist things to justify being gay. It was quite the opposite. I spent 12 years doing anything I could to avoid even acknowledging to myself that I was gay. I didn't permit myself to act on it until I could reconcile it with God. And He helped me through it, no thanks to these hypocrites who claim to represent Him here in this world.
None of these loose-lipped idiots will ever put what I have put into this question, but this NJ ahole thinks he can tell ME what God wants, and thinks he can tell ME how I was born, and thinks he can tell ME what I deserve under the law. Bullsh!t.
We are fighting for our families. They are fighting for prejudice. It's no contest. It's a short matter of time, and all these ignorant idiots don't matter anymore.
My brother-in-law is gay. He lives in California and works in a bank. Just got promoted and has a good job.

You'd never know he was gay if you started talking to him on the street.

His partner of 15 years died of AIDS years ago and he has been with his new partner for the last 10.

He is as loved now as he was before the family knew he was gay. Maybe even more just because he felt he had to keep it a secret for so long.

Some of my favorite people I've known personally and some I like on television are gay.

Back in the late 1960s, a very good high school friend of mine school confided in me about the pain he was going through because he was gay. No one EVER talked about being gay back then. It was painful for me too because he was such a great person. I was so sad he was going through something like like that alone.

So it's not about not accepting or loving gays for those of us who do but happen to believe to our core that the ageless definition of marriage is a crucial stabilzing factor in society and mustn't be tampered with.

But I'm glad you finally found peace and are no longer suffering alone. I hope my friend Danny eventually did too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Insults Are Easier 229,855
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr Earthling-1 1,473
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Gtown71 306,190
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Becky 437
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 27,879
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Mary Downformore 201,188
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE