Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#883638 Apr 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what I love about the NRA argument.
1) We need assault type rifles with 30 round magazines to defend ourselves.
2) Yet, attacks on our schools by those toting these assault type rifles with 30 round magazines can be stopped by a teacher toting a handgun.
Well then clearly the teachers should be toting AK-47's but then the attackers will simply find another weapon with greater fire power.

Homer sensing an escalation here.

Have I gone too far?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883639 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the sequester was Obama's fault, too?
Nutso.
Obama proposed the sequester.

Keep up

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#883640 Apr 4, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the ashes of the fire rose a more spectacular Rome. A city made of marble and stone with wide streets, pedestrian arcades and ample supplies of water to quell any future blaze. The debris from the fire was used to fill the malaria-ridden marshes that had plagued the city for generations.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/rome.htm
... which effectively led to decadence, corruption, partisanship, and ultimate demise.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#883641 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutso.
Tony C... maybe you wasn’t paying attention, Not Surprise, Senator Reid said the president requested Sequestration in Budget negotiation the President Sign IT!! The answer to your question YES!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883642 Apr 4, 2013
Unstable Man Plots To Bring Guns To Schools

FAIRFAX, VA—According to sources, local man Wayne LaPierre, an individual with a long history of unstable and dangerous behavior, revealed a detailed plot this week to bring semiautomatic weapons into schools. The disturbed man has reportedly been carefully planning this plot for months and has published numerous ranting posts to his website in which he lays out, in explicit detail, his desire to bring numerous guns into school hallways and classrooms.

While the crazed individual has, as of press time, not yet acted on his plan, sources confirmed he has every intention of doing so in the near future and will stop at nothing to see his plot fulfilled. Additional reports have suggested that the unstable man may have also been helped in his planning by a number of accomplices in the United States Congress.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unstable-man...

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#883643 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
(yawn) empty predictions of doom.
Predictions?? I'm curious how any other conclusion could be drawn. Sunlight is never found at the bottom of a hole.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883644 Apr 4, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Well then clearly the teachers should be toting AK-47's but then the attackers will simply find another weapon with greater fire power.
Homer sensing an escalation here.
Have I gone too far?
They hate teachers, hate public education and now they want them to be cops too? Hell no.

This is a secret plot to close all schools and force kids to stay home and go to Jeb Bush' virtual schools; force all mothers to quit their jobs so white male control can be re implemented.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883645 Apr 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tornado watch in S. Florida!
Jerry Sandusky Horrified By Behavior Of Rutgers Basketball Coach
WAYNESBURG, PA—Calling the conduct “shocking and disgraceful,” former Penn State football coach and convicted serial child molester Jerry Sandusky expressed his outrage Tuesday over the actions of now-fired Rutgers men’s basketball coach Mike Rice.“I have to say, that kind of behavior is totally unacceptable, especially from someone who is supposed to be teaching and nurturing young athletes, for God’s sake,” said Sandusky, who called the recently leaked video of Rice kicking, pushing, and screaming gay slurs at his players during practice “absolutely sickening.”“He had a responsibility to these boys, and what he did was not only completely inappropriate, but also, to be perfectly frank, downright disgusting. How a guy like that, with the mental problems he has, was ever allowed to be around these kids in the first place is totally beyond me. Unbelievable.” In addition to his harsh criticism of Rice, Sandusky also blasted Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti and university president Robert Barchi for not immediately firing the coach after the video was first brought to their attention last year.
Equating a child molester with what the Rutger's coach did is not much of a stretch in logic?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#883646 Apr 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

2) Yet, attacks on our schools by those toting these assault type rifles with 30 round magazines can be stopped by a teacher toting a handgun.
RealDave how many Bullets does it take to Kill a Person?
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883647 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutso.
Yep. He played his hand and signed it and republicans called his bluff.

Now he's just hoping we'll forget all the doom and gloom speeches.

In fact, polls say the majority of Americans say the sequester wasn't enough.

Obama's underlying motives are always to demonize the opposition to strengthen a one-party system - his party.

The good of the country is inconsequential.

This "strategy" just always seems to backfire.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#883648 Apr 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what a resource officer is? Apparently not.
A five foot three inch 175lb female who can not handle road patrol duty?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883649 Apr 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony C... maybe you wasn’t paying attention, Not Surprise, Senator Reid said the president requested Sequestration in Budget negotiation the President Sign IT!! The answer to your question YES!!
Huh? Speak English Jefro
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883650 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A five foot three inch 175lb female who can not handle road patrol duty?
That would be the wrong answer.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#883651 Apr 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
Cancer Clinics Reject Thousands of Medicare Patients due to the Sequester!! You talk about a President that’s insensitive to the People! Since the sequestration the Obama’s have been on Three Lavish Vacation a Party at the WH, I guess the president definition of sacrifice, you the Peasants not I the Ruler!!
Obammy's fundraising for Dems hasn't been hurt by the Sequester. so, he flew to CA on a jet to talk about climate change. LOL. if he really cared about the middle class, taxpayers and the environment, he'd do a video conference.

'Obama praises 'tough as nails' Pelosi at California fundraiser

(CNN)- Rep. Nancy Pelosi is a "visionary" leader who "never lets ideology cloud her judgment," President Barack Obama told a crowd of donors in San Francisco Wednesday evening.

Obama is in the Golden State on the first fundraising swing of his 2nd term, kicking off a series of events that will gather $$ for Congressional Democrats looking to regain control of the House in 2014.

At 2 events Wednesday in the Bay Area, Obama reiterated the goals he spelled out during his inauguration address in January, including a push for comprehensive immigration reform. He said he expected an immigration reform measure to be passed "over the next couple of months" during his first reception in San Francisco.

He mentioned combating climate change as another priority of his second term, but conceded the politics of that issue would be difficult. Republicans are currently pressuring the president to approve the northern portion of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, which environmental activists oppose, in part, because type of oil transmitted would release more greenhouse gases than the average transportation fuels sold or distributed in the United States.

"Part of what we're going to have to do is to marry a genuine, passionate concern about middle-class families and everybody who is trying to get into the middle class to show them that we're working just as hard for them as we are for our environmental agenda, and that we can bridge these things in a way that advances the causes of both," Obama said, admitting "that's going to take some work."

Achieving his legislative goals – which also include new gun laws and passage of his proposed budget – would be helped with Democrats in control of the House, Obama told the crowd of Democratic donors.

"My hope is that we're going to see more and more Republicans who say, you know what, I didn't come here just to fight the president or demonize Nancy Pelosi, I came here to get some stuff done," he said. "And they will be greeted with great enthusiasm by me and I think by Nancy, if we could get some more stuff done right now. But, realistically, I could get a whole lot more done if Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House."

The president will hold a total of 14 fundraising events this year for congressional Democrats - 5 each for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Each committee will also host an event featuring the president in D.C., and Obama will attend 2 joint galas for Democratic candidates.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/...

meanwhile, in the Obama Economy, far more Americans go on Social Security Disability each month than new jobs are created in a month. they wanted a rock star, they got one.

'and may the odds eva be in your fay va."

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#883652 Apr 4, 2013
Doctor King wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the harm in that? You would've preferred Eric Clapton? how does it feel being my straight man?
Better straight than decidedly bent to the left.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#883653 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A five foot three inch 175lb female who can not handle road patrol duty?
a lib judge is forcing NYC to hire firefighters too dumb to take an easy test. despite free tutoring and practically holding their hands while they take the test, not enough minority applicants pass the test. so a lib judge is meddling and forcing quotas. typical.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883654 Apr 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Speak English Jefro
I didn't find the words that challenging, but there is several online dictionaries available for you to use. If you choose not to use them, please tell us what word you did not understand.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883655 Apr 4, 2013
This is a serious question to anyone.

Theoretically, if you knew about the Holocaust even before we entered the war, would you not find this sufficient enough reason to become involved?

The question is in light of the same violation of human rights taking place in North Korea.

I would appreciate a serious response from anyone.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#883656 Apr 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
... which effectively led to decadence, corruption, partisanship, and ultimate demise.
Yeah 400 years later. I got news for you the Roman Empire was corrupt from day one.

I know it's news because you rightwingers never read any history books.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#883657 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutso.
of course not, nothing is ever Oblamer's fault. the devalued soon to be extinct buck never stops on his desk.

'the White House originally proposed the sequester - House Speaker John Boehner has dubbed it the "Obamaquester." They point to reporting from the Washington Post's Bob Woodward, who has described how then-White House budget director Jack Lew and legislative liaison Rob Nabors hatched the idea of a trigger - a delayed-onset package that would ostensibly force Congress to reach an agreement on the budget - during the height of dramatic negotiations on raising the federal debt ceiling during the summer of 2011.

President Obama, Woodward reported, signed off on the proposal, and the result of the debt ceiling negotiations - the 2011 Budget Control Act - created a congressional "Super Committee" to reach an agreement on deficit reduction and included the spending cuts in the sequester as a fallback if the committee failed.

The committee failed; the sequester looms.

Woodward also accused the president of "moving the goal posts" by demanding that a replacement for the sequester include a balance of spending cuts and new revenue. "His call for a balanced approach is reasonable," Woodward wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post, "and he makes a strong case that those in the top income brackets could and should pay more. But that was not the deal he made."

Woodward explained that the final deal reached on the debt ceiling "included an agreement that there would be no tax increases in the sequester."

Congressional Republicans have brandished Woodward's reporting as evidence that the administration is solely responsible for the budgetary chaos, but the White House isn't having it.'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57570955/...

of course it isn't Oblamer's fault. and because he & Dems are pushing mortgages for minorities with bad credit AGAIN...he'll be blaming someone else for the major bank default due to bad loans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 35 min Earthling-1 2,741
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 46 min BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 233,133
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr zubedaanur 693
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 307,094
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 22 hr best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web