Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#881904 Mar 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! You can say Easter anyplace you want. Malls are privately owned properties and if a mall owner decided to put up a Nativity scene they could but why would they? Mall owner are into making money on their space not promoting a particular religion. They do however set up booths for photos with Santa and the Easter Bunny. That's right nitwit, there's a big sign promoting the Easter Bunny. There's also many stores like Hallmark that sell Nativity scenes.
How many public schools are open on Christmas moron? My wife works for a public school and got Good Friday off along with everyone else there. It would seem that Christians get far more accommodation than any other religion.
You're an idiot and an ignorant bigot Jane!
It may appear that we accommodate Christians in this country, probley because we are a Christian country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881905 Mar 30, 2013
Yes, Mitch McConnell is destroying the Senate

I recommend a solid New York Times editorial today about the unprecedented, outrageous obstruction by Republican senators against President Obama’s nominees, especially his executive branch nominees.

It’s critically important to give this story as much attention as it deserves — which is quite a lot. Just the names alone: Hagel, Brennan, McCarthy, Perez, Cordray ... and that’s only the ones from this term whom the Times mentions. Remember, however, that every single nomination is being subjected to a 60-vote requirement. That’s a filibuster, and it means that every single nominee is being filibustered. The only question is how many Republicans will support the filibuster, not whether there is one. And as the Times points out, there are additional forms of obstruction, too, whether it’s Sen. Rand Paul’s day-long speech, or asking the nominees to answering never-ending extraneous questions.

I’ve been harsh to Obama and Senate Democrats for not fighting back hard enough, but the main problem here is the Republicans in general, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell specifically.

Remember, a lot of this is simply grandstanding. Oh, yes, some of it is intended to really change policy — the nullification involved in the Cordray filibuster, for example — but most of it is just showing the flag. Never mind that it harms the nation by making it harder for government departments and agencies to function well. Or, for some Senate Republicans, maybe a poorly functioning government is a bonus.

The worst part is that it will ultimately make it impossible for the Senate to use the nomination process for legitimate attempts to influence policy, either through raising issues (as Rand Paul did) or bargaining over a state interest (as Sen. Roy Blunt is doing on the McCarthy nomination). There’s just no way to know which of these obstructions are real and which are simply excuses for obstruction-for-the-sake-of-ob struction, and so the majority has to shut them all down by cloture whenever possible. In other words, endless filibusters and other obstruction aren’t just bad for the government, but they’re bad for the Senate.

The bottom line: Democrats would be fully justified in moving to majority-imposed rules reform on executive-branch nominations. The best solution would be simple majority cloture — preserving the right of individual senators to slow things down a bit, but making it easy for the majority to act when it wants. But one way or another, it has to end.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881906 Mar 30, 2013
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
It may appear that we accommodate Christians in this country, probley because we are a Christian country.
The National Association of Evangelicals recently polled its leadership as to whether they felt the United States was a Christian nation.

The answer was overwhelming.

68 percent said “no.”

“Much of the world refers to America as a Christian nation,” noted Leith Anderson, the association’s president,“but most of our Christian leaders don’t think so.”

“The Bible only uses the word ‘Christian’ to describe people and not countries,” added Anderson.“Even those who say America is a Christian nation admit that there are lots of non-Christians and even anti-Christian beliefs and behaviors.”

http://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/dr-james-emery...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#881907 Mar 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Association of Evangelicals recently polled its leadership as to whether they felt the United States was a Christian nation.
The answer was overwhelming.
68 percent said “no.”
“Much of the world refers to America as a Christian nation,” noted Leith Anderson, the association’s president,“but most of our Christian leaders don’t think so.”
“The Bible only uses the word ‘Christian’ to describe people and not countries,” added Anderson.“Even those who say America is a Christian nation admit that there are lots of non-Christians and even anti-Christian beliefs and behaviors.”
http://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/dr-james-emery...
My opinion.....this country was founded and based on Christian
principles and values.
My opinion...we are a Christian country.
My opinion...its a great thing that we are a Christian country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#881908 Mar 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing moron, if that patient is a woman who's in an abusive relationship the presence of a gun in the home would be important information.
You're an idiot!
You wingnuts are really started to go off into la la land. You're stating to see boogie men behind every tree.

Paranoid people do irrational things. You need to seek help.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#881909 Mar 30, 2013
Really?? You're spouting dumb lies.

Where in the Constitution does it say th euSA is a Christian nation??

It doesn't.

Here's what it says;

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Just so stupid people like you understand clearly, that means that all religions are the same in the USA. All are free to worship as they please, no one religion or belief is allowed to be assumed the 'nations religion'.

Our Constitution considers Islam to be as valid a religion as Christianity.

Sorry, you lose.
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#881910 Mar 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You wingnuts are really started to go off into la la land. You're stating to see boogie men behind every tree.
Paranoid people do irrational things. You need to seek help.
Wingnuts is a term used to describe Repugnants like you.

Yes, you'll stupidly say you're not a Repugnant, but the duck rule applies here.

And you sure walk, talk, and act like a duck.

Except when you do your 'Chicken Little' impression.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#881911 Mar 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing moron, if that patient is a woman who's in an abusive relationship the presence of a gun in the home would be important information.
You're an idiot!
What would a doctor do even if that were the case? Write a prescription banning the gun?

Doctors report abuse of any kind to the proper authorities who take over these cases.

They'd have to ask about knives and bats in the home too - or pillows and bare hands leading to death by suffocation and strangulation.

See where this is going? A gun doesn't kill anyone anymore than a pillow.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#881913 Mar 30, 2013
carol wrote:
You remember me don't you? I used a Weatherby 457. When I shot your brother. His balls literally exploded. And that was an unjackeded round. I used to practice killing Asians by shooting slabs of cement against the levees in Illinois next to the Mississippi so when I shot your brother I kinda knew what was gonna happen. Welcome to America. Slut.
.457, huh... and "unjackeded" too. That's, uh, interesting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881914 Mar 30, 2013
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
principles and values.
Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom.

we are a country of many religions. from the start up until now. for one religion to claim dominion is a deliberate attempt to diminish the constitutionally guaranteed rights provided in the religion clauses of the First Amendment. and usually by those who insist that in every other aspect the Constitution should be read as if every word should only be interpreted as written.

i respect your opinion on the subject, much as i respect any true believer of any religion, but as you gracefully point out, it is just an opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#881915 Mar 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
It doesn't.
Here's what it says;
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"
Just so stupid people like you understand clearly, that means that all religions are the same in the USA. All are free to worship as they please, no one religion or belief is allowed to be assumed the 'nations religion'.
Sorry, you lose.
<quoted text>
Slayer did not say it was in the constitution. Why do you anti-American scum on the left always twist things and lie so much?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#881916 Mar 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>When you and floDUH kiss each other in the mirror, do you go for the lying mouth or the gaping azzhole?
Who is floduh, lowlife? Are you talking about you and lily?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#881917 Mar 30, 2013
Your opinion proves you to be a fool and a bigot.

The Constitution says you're a liar.

Most of the Founding Fathers were Diests.

Not at all the same as Christians, so you're dead wrong.

Your opinions are meaningless and dumb.

The laws state otherwise.
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
principles and values.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#881918 Mar 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Yes, Mitch McConnell is destroying the Senate
I recommend a solid New York Times editorial today about the unprecedented, outrageous obstruction by Republican senators against President Obama’s nominees, especially his executive branch nominees.
It’s critically important to give this story as much attention as it deserves — which is quite a lot. Just the names alone: Hagel, Brennan, McCarthy, Perez, Cordray ... and that’s only the ones from this term whom the Times mentions. Remember, however, that every single nomination is being subjected to a 60-vote requirement. That’s a filibuster, and it means that every single nominee is being filibustered. The only question is how many Republicans will support the filibuster, not whether there is one. And as the Times points out, there are additional forms of obstruction, too, whether it’s Sen. Rand Paul’s day-long speech, or asking the nominees to answering never-ending extraneous questions.
I’ve been harsh to Obama and Senate Democrats for not fighting back hard enough, but the main problem here is the Republicans in general, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell specifically.
Remember, a lot of this is simply grandstanding. Oh, yes, some of it is intended to really change policy — the nullification involved in the Cordray filibuster, for example — but most of it is just showing the flag. Never mind that it harms the nation by making it harder for government departments and agencies to function well. Or, for some Senate Republicans, maybe a poorly functioning government is a bonus.
The worst part is that it will ultimately make it impossible for the Senate to use the nomination process for legitimate attempts to influence policy, either through raising issues (as Rand Paul did) or bargaining over a state interest (as Sen. Roy Blunt is doing on the McCarthy nomination). There’s just no way to know which of these obstructions are real and which are simply excuses for obstruction-for-the-sake-of-ob struction, and so the majority has to shut them all down by cloture whenever possible. In other words, endless filibusters and other obstruction aren’t just bad for the government, but they’re bad for the Senate.
The bottom line: Democrats would be fully justified in moving to majority-imposed rules reform on executive-branch nominations. The best solution would be simple majority cloture — preserving the right of individual senators to slow things down a bit, but making it easy for the majority to act when it wants. But one way or another, it has to end.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
There is 'advise and consent, which statement you obviously overlooked in your civics class yesterday?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#881919 Mar 30, 2013
But it is the Constitution that rules.

If it's not in the Constitution, it's as meaningless as you and your sockpuppetas, Waxturd.

The Constitution says you're an idiot. It's right.

Twist and lie?? That's your forte'.

BWAHAHAHAHAA
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Slayer did not say it was in the constitution. Why do you anti-American scum on the left always twist things and lie so much?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#881920 Mar 30, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's what I call a coincidence, so am I!!!! Small world eh, Waxturd?
there is no way you are in my world, unless you are working for me, loser.

i had a flight to Heathrow 5747and you have a $8 / month vpn service, libtard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#881921 Mar 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
It doesn't.
Here's what it says;
Sorry, you lose.
<quoted text>
Well....you libs always seem to suggest that we are a overweight
country or a greedy country....yet I don't think the
Constitution says anything about that.
And I never said anything about all other religion should not
be considered valid.
Matters not to me what religion a person may choose.
And I did not lie....I simply gave my opinion.
Sorry you lose

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#881922 Mar 30, 2013
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
principles and values.
Almost 8 out of 10 Americans identify with a Christian religion according to a 2009 gallup poll.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124793/This-Christ...

So what you posted is actually more fact than an opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#881923 Mar 30, 2013
Watched another great documentary last night. If anyone is truly interested in learning the entire history of the Muslim/Jewish/Christian conflict in Israel, search and watch, "Jeruselem: The Center of the World". PBS channel.

For any of you truth seekers out there, I mean.

Leaves no question in anyone's mind about the present day conflict.

Also makes our own history look like a cameo part on the stage of world history.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#881924 Mar 30, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person can not make a argument based on logic, one
must then learn to depend on other tactics....Liberal doctrine.
Clearly the liberal argument is based on any logic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min CunningLinguist 227,583
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 305,647
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,403
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Ultraman 200,968
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••