Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
811,421 - 811,440 of 1,083,648 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know he said that! The rightwingers hate their own people, they are anti American. I'd love to send some of these fkers to Israel; they wouldn't be able to hack it for a day.
No, you wouldn't be able to hack it at all. You would have to work for a living?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Over the last few days, as the emerging national marriage equality consensus has become more clear, a number of social conservatives have begun suggesting they are now in a new and oppressive climate in which they’re no longer able to speak their minds about the immorality of homosexuality or why laws should discriminate against gays.

Or, to put it more bluntly, they say they’re losing their right to calls gays gross and weird.

In a rights-based political rhetoric, everyone has rights apparently, even if they’re ridiculous ones.

You’re probably saying, cry me a river. And I agree. But I do want to note how rapidly we’re seeing opponents of gay rights refashion themselves into an oppressed and aggrieved minority whose right to self-expression is under severe threat. In a sense, this is no different from the standard rightwing memes about being an oppressed minority fighting the war against Christmas and other efforts of the hippie liberal majority.

But let’s not doubt the sense of cultural whiplash these folks are experiencing.

At a certain point during the civil rights struggle it ceased to be acceptable in mainstream political rhetoric to say that the government should privilege whites over blacks. It basically happened between 1965 and 1970. That obviously didn’t end the issue of race or racial discrimination or widespread racism. But, in public, it displaced it onto a different set of questions and policies, a different kind of rhetoric. Pity party notwithstanding, the folks who oppose full equality for LGBT Americans seem to realize that we’re on the cusp of a similar transition.

We’re not really close to there on marriage equality per se. But we’re getting pretty close on statements of opposition to marriage equality that contain any elements of denigration or animus toward gay people. And we’re clearly moving rapidly toward a point where the opposition itself will amount to the same thing.

One of the folks we’re talking about just asked me on Twitter, in so many words, What happened to free speech? Now if you don’t agree with gay marriage you’re in trouble? Obviously we all have free speech. But what people usually want with free speech is the ability to speak their mind and not have people think worse of them for it. And on gay rights if not quite yet on full marriage equality, these folks sense they may be losing that right.

http://editors.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Dr. Ben Carson, the neurosurgeon who's emerged as a star on the right, said Friday that he wants to restore civility to American political discourse and acknowledged that he is prepared to step down as commencement speaker at Johns Hopkins University.

"My goal is to help move our country in the right direction. My goal is to get people to be able to have discussions about things about which they disagree in a civil way, not call each other names and get into all kinds of infantile type of discussions," Carson told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "We don't need to do that. We have so many pressing problems in our country and at some point we're going to have to tone down the rhetoric and just move toward solutions to the multitudinous problems or we're going to go right down the tubes just like every other pinnacle nation that has done many of the same things we're doing. We need to talk about these things."

Carson, the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins, on Tuesday called hetero-sexual marriage “a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are. They don’t get to change the definition.”

Students at Johns Hopkins have since circulated a petition to replace Carson, who's retiring this year, as the university's commencement speaker. He told Mitchell that he's willing to honor those students' wishes.

"Absolutely. I would say this is their day and the last thing I would want to do is rain on their parade," Carson said, adding that that he didn't want to make such an announcement on television.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
He said this as an argument that pedophiles are homosexuals:
"Is it a homosexual act when a man has sex with a male reguargless of age or is it hetro? "
I posed the question:
"Is it a heterosexual act when a man has sex with a female regardless of age?"
If his argument is correct then so is mine & therefore pedophiles. are heterosexuals.
Are you really this dense?
realdavey. There you go again trying to twist the whole point to try and make it work for you.. as usual you have have been caught.. considering I was responding to a libtard poster that said homosexuals are only consenting adults and not pedophiles, then the answer to the question I posted proves a point and the question you posted has no relavance at all to the argument.. trying the liberal handbook twist won't work and only shows you're lack of ability to have an honest debate.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Pope Benedict XVI Arrives in U.S., Vows to Fight Clergy Sex Abuse

Seemingly in a nod to his American flock, the pope spoke in English as he answered questions submitted in advance by reporters.

"It is a great suffering for the church in the United States and for the church in general and for me personally that this could happen," Benedict said. "It is difficult for me to understand how it was possible that priests betray in this way their mission ... to these children."

"I am deeply ashamed, and we will do what is possible so this cannot happen again in the future," the pope said.

Benedict pledged that pedophiles would not be priests in the Catholic Church.

"I do not wish to talk at this moment about homosexuality, but about pedophilia, which is another thing," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351369,00...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

John Jay Report: On Not Blaming Homosexual Priests

The new John Jay Report on the “causes and contexts” of the sexual abuse crisis in the Catholic church includes a finding that will probably surprise many observers. As David Gibson states in a piece on Religion News Service:

[T]he researchers found no statistical evidence that gay priests were more likely than straight priests to abuse minors—a finding that undermines a favorite talking point of many conservative Catholics. The disproportionate number of adolescent male victims was about opportunity, not preference or pathology, the report states.

What’s more, researchers note that the rise in the number of gay priests from the late 1970s onward actually corresponded with “a decreased incidence of abuse—not an increased incidence of abuse.”

How is this possible, particularly given the widespread stereotype of the abusive or predatory homosexual priest? How else to explain so many male victims of abuse?

First of all, nearly every reputable psychologist and psychiatrist, not to mention almost every scholarly study, decisively rejects the conflation of homosexuality with pedophilia, as well as any cause-and-effect relationship. The studies are almost too numerous to mention. Pedophilia, say experts, is often more a question of a stunted (or arrested) sexuality, more a question of power, and more a question of proximity (among other complicated psychological and social factors). The new John Jay College of Criminal Justice study, called “The Causes and Context of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests in the United States, 1950-2010,” points to, among other reasons: emotionally immature and psychologically maladjusted men entering seminaries; the difficulty of dealing with cultural upheaval in which priests found themselves in the 1960s and 1970s; as well as, again, the issue of proximity--young men and boys were abused because priests were more likely to be working with them, rather than with young women and girls. But simply put, being a homosexual priest does not make one an abusive priest.

Indeed, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops commissioned another extensive independent study in the wake of the American abuse crisis in 2002, also undertaken by John Jay College. In 2009, Margaret Smith, a researcher from John Jay, reported to the bishops, "What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse. At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now."

Second, there is a stronger argument against the frequent conflation of homosexuality and pedophilia: the lived experience of emotionally mature and psychologically healthy gay men (and women) who have never, ever abused a child; are not tempted to do so; are not attracted to children at all; and would, in short, never think of doing so. Being gay does not make one a pedophile.

http://americamagazine.org/content/all-things...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

See above Posts, sonicfiller, a ventriloquist's dummy..
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did it again.
You equated being born homosexual is the same as being born a pedophile.
Homosexuality, consenting relationships between two people is not the same as molesting children. Gay marriage involves equal rights. There is nothing evil about it.
Just how bigoted can you get.
This little commie dude seems to be getting pretty evil.
Sick little freak, just looked like he was going to be trouble when he fell into the commieTic rule.

Kim Jung-un
A year ago the U.S. and the Chinese saw at least the possibility that you could do business with him. But he has steadily reverted to form,” adopting the approach of his father and grandfather in using the perception of an external threat to solidify support at home.

On Saturday those threats were South Korea and “the Americans and their puppets,” a statement from the North said. The two Koreas “were back to a state of war,” it said, and the North’s foes “should know that everything is different under our peerless general and dear Marshal Kim Jong-un.” While many fear that Mr. Kim’s rhetoric is building up toward some action, Mr. Pollack held out the hope that the threats could abate as United States and South Korean military exercises, which infuriate the North, wind up at the end of April.

As North Korea Blusters, U.S. Worries About Quieter Risks.MSNnews.3/29/2014
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Pope Benedict XVI Arrives in U.S., Vows to Fight Clergy Sex Abuse
Seemingly in a nod to his American flock, the pope spoke in English as he answered questions submitted in advance by reporters.
"It is a great suffering for the church in the United States and for the church in general and for me personally that this could happen," Benedict said. "It is difficult for me to understand how it was possible that priests betray in this way their mission ... to these children."
"I am deeply ashamed, and we will do what is possible so this cannot happen again in the future," the pope said.
Benedict pledged that pedophiles would not be priests in the Catholic Church.
"I do not wish to talk at this moment about homosexuality, but about pedophilia, which is another thing," he said.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351369,00...
Kind of busts some of that ignorant "all katlicks are just bahhhhduh".

All pedos should be fed salt peter daily and have their veins and burnt and tied. Regardless of race, creed or color.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Two Jehovahs Witnesses knocked on my door this morning; I told them to go away. Why do they think they have the right to impose themselves on others? You never hear of a Jewish person knocking on doors and trying to convert people. Next time, I'm calling the police. Fix their wagon, maybe they're casing the neighborhood for future robberies, see if someone comes to the door.
Soon Muslims will come knocking our doors to convert us to Islam or else!

Just like in: Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Chechnya, Sierra Leon, Indonesia, etc.

Just wait fur two things:

#1. Obama to take our guns.
#2. Obama to provide them with priority federal protection as a protected religion.

just wait and see!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

NEW HAVEN, Conn.— An arsenal of weapons including guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bayonet and several swords was found in the home and car of the gunman who carried out the Newtown school shooting, according to search warrants released Thursday.

Adam Lanza killed 26 people inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and took his own life within five minutes of shooting his way into the building, State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III said in a statement accompanying the release of the warrants in the Dec. 14 massacre. Lanza was found dead in the school wearing military-style
clothing

Investigators found articles on other shootings and a holiday card containing a check made out to Adam Lanza for the purchase of a firearm, authored by his mother, Nancy Lanza.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/newt...
He was a tree hugging, animal loving Liberal!!!

Like all the other shooters in history!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged liberal.
****** Love it ******

Great truth!

Did you know that every single deranged public shooter had always been a Liberal?

Even the LA cop killer was a Liberal hero for the Liberals!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>And what rightwing philosophy would that be?
That freedom is better than serfdom and personal responsibility is a virtue!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Interesting video showing us what the Boy Messiah's back is made of: http://video.techbriefs.com/video/Virginia-Te...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>I have these two little ole black ladies come by about every other week. They knock and ting the bell even though there is no solicitors sticker on the door. I just answer the door, smile, and listen to their little speech. They invite me to their church and hand me a paper. I say goodbye. Takes about five minutes and they leave happy that someone listened to them. Five minutes to a couple people happy is worth it.
Offer them a drink the next time, prune juice.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
See above Posts, sonicfiller, a ventriloquist's dummy..
for the Church?

so you're an atheist?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of busts some of that ignorant "all katlicks are just bahhhhduh".
All pedos should be fed salt peter daily and have their veins and burnt and tied. Regardless of race, creed or color.
....or religion.

amen brother.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
for the Church?
so you're an atheist?
No, you've got your neurons twisted again. You are a Liberal ventriloquist's dummy. You sit on the lap of Liberal Media making sounds that they orchestrate behind your back. Literally.

And when you squirm, it's better than a wall-powered vibrator.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Offer them a drink the next time, prune juice.
I like that. If you want the people at your door to go, give them Prune Juice. They'll go, alright.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....or religion.
amen brother.
sonicfiller, want some Prune Juice?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••