Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#873255 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
Obamacare is going to backfire on the same people he and his fellow democrats seemingly think bigger government can save.
All the while cozying up to his selective 1%'ers.
Obama plantation voters will have lots of time to consume free healthcare services, given that the costs of Obamacare will make them unemployable.

Galt loves it when a plan comes together.

Good job, Barack.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#873256 Mar 13, 2013
The Double Bind

What stands in the way of a Republican revival? Republicans.

I doubt John Boehner has read much feminist theory, but it’s never too late for him to start. He and other GOP leaders, not to mention the Republicans who want to run for president in 2016, might want to familiarize themselves with the concept of the double bind. They are in the middle of one, and it will be difficult for them to escape.

....Here’s the problem. The domestic proposals that have the greatest chance of making the Republican party attractive to the “coalition of the ascendant”​—&#82 03;immigrants, members of the millennial generation, single white women​—​in volve far more government intervention in the economy than the GOP coalition​—&#820 3;married white people, Wall Street, the Tea Party​—​wi ll allow. And we haven’t even mentioned changing the GOP approach to social issues, which would drive the Republican base of religious conservatives out of the party. Pursuing such proposals would break the coalition that puts Republicans close to a majority.

On the other hand, sticking with the policies that glue this so-close-to-a-majority coalition together would foreclose the possibility of expanding the GOP vote. And it would limit the vote Republicans pull from disaffected voters who used to support the GOP but have turned away for various reasons.

There’s more. Trying to appeal to the coalition of the ascendant and the Reagan coalition simultaneously would give the party a severe case of political schizophrenia. The GOP would bewilder its historic base of support while disappointing newcomers, leading to confusion, disillusionment, apathy, and perhaps (ultimately) dissolution.

The Republicans, like feminists, can’t have it all. They are trapped in the double bind.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/double...
carol

Orlando, FL

#873257 Mar 13, 2013
CNBC - Drop Coverage or Cut Hours? Big Companies Grapple With Obamacare

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100456557/Drop_Coverag...

I'm curious as to what it's going to take for some people to figure out we're about to get hit by a freight train.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#873258 Mar 13, 2013
NASA rover finds conditions once suited for ancient life on Mars

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#873260 Mar 13, 2013
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/03/12/... {%224707038241620%22%3A4314489 46942531}&action_type_map= {%224707038241620%22%3A%22og.r ecommends%22}&action_ref_m ap={%224707038241620%22%3A%22A ddThis_Blogs%22}

Paul Ryan finally speaks the truth.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#873261 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
CNBC - Drop Coverage or Cut Hours? Big Companies Grapple With Obamacare
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100456557/Drop_Coverag...
I'm curious as to what it's going to take for some people to figure out we're about to get hit by a freight train.
They don't care. They just want somebody to take care of them.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#873262 Mar 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_n ews/2013/03/12/17286141-ryans- unfortunate-slip?fb_action_ids =4707038241620&fb_action_t ypes=og.recommends&fb_ref= AddThis_Blogs&fb_source=ot her_multiline&action_objec t_map={%224707038241620%22%3A4 31448946942531}&action_typ e_map={%224707038241620%22%3A% 22og.recommends%22}&action _ref_map={%224707038241620%22% 3A%22AddThis_Blogs%22}
LOL.. eh, RealDave.. deranged moron.. So do you.
carol

Orlando, FL

#873263 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know fair if it bit you.
The Democrats were right behind Bush voting for both wars and funding both wars until it became political expedient to become weasels.
It was the Democrats who insisted on broadening the mortgage loans to those who were not qualified.
Former President Bill Clinton bombed Iraq even before Bush did and declared his regime had to be taken down and replaced with a democrat-type of government in the Iraq Liberation Act of 1988 - of which every single Democrat was on board.
So when it comes to being fair, you're anything but.
Ok then, to NOT be fair Hecate spent a good deal of time in Mississippi so I think it's fair to say she's seen a lotta "poor" already. As for MY being fair or not, I think we need to return to that precipice you spend so much time in front of. Now, look down... no, further... a little more... just a squinch further... now what's that grey thing lying on the bottom? Look carefully... uh-huh... yup, it's your own ass isn't it? That's the thing about precipices, when you're on top you dread the bottom, when you're on the bottom you're just a stone's throw from the top. Yessirree, that whole perspective thing is a bitch, ain't it? Anyways there you (we) are in Orlando. So are we on top or on the bottom? i would suggest there's a good chance that living at Disneyworld married to a guy who flies little planes around like he was John Travolta is the bottom of the bottom and you certainly don't have to worry about falling up now do you?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#873264 Mar 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_n ews/2013/03/12/17286141-ryans- unfortunate-slip?fb_action_ids =4707038241620&fb_action_t ypes=og.recommends&fb_ref= AddThis_Blogs&fb_source=ot her_multiline&action_objec t_map={%224707038241620%22%3A4 31448946942531}&action_typ e_map={%224707038241620%22%3A% 22og.recommends%22}&action _ref_map={%224707038241620%22% 3A%22AddThis_Blogs%22}
Hey airhead, let us know when your propaganda network, MSNBC starts telling the truth, OK?
carol

Orlando, FL

#873265 Mar 13, 2013
flack wrote:
NASA rover finds conditions once suited for ancient life on Mars
Better hurry, I hear land prices are sky-rocketing...
carol

Orlando, FL

#873267 Mar 13, 2013
Well, it's good to know that we can always live on Mars after we finish wrecking this place.

Loysville, PA

#873268 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan said repeatedly last night he's just happy they finally submitted something. At least there's something to go on now instead of rejecting all the budgets submitted by the GOP and blaming them.
Don't think that trillion dollars in increased taxes is going to go over too well though.
But instead of sitting down to discuss how to save Medicare and Social Security, the liberal attack machine already has another ad out, the sequel to Ryan pushing Granny over the cliff.
That's productive.
Paul Ryan & the Republicans out our the exact same budget that cost them the election.

SS vouchers, saving money on Medicare by making Seniors pay more, cutting programs for the poor while handing money to the wealthy.

The best part is the repeal of Obamcare & then Ryan will go sobbing to the press on how the Democrats never voted on his budget.

Keep it up Republicans & wonder why you keep losing elections.

Loysville, PA

#873269 Mar 13, 2013
Vouchers for Medicare not SS
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#873270 Mar 13, 2013
I'll tell you what, if you own stock you pretty much have to send the president a thank you note. I mean seriously ever since he took office it's been going up and up and up.

If you want I can draft something and we can all sign it.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#873272 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why lily moved over to Earth.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#873274 Mar 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Double Bind
What stands in the way of a Republican revival? Republicans.
I doubt John Boehner has read much feminist theory, but it’s never too late for him to start. He and other GOP leaders, not to mention the Republicans who want to run for president in 2016, might want to familiarize themselves with the concept of the double bind. They are in the middle of one, and it will be difficult for them to escape.
....Here’s the problem. The domestic proposals that have the greatest chance of making the Republican party attractive to the “coalition of the ascendant”&#8203;—&#82 03;immigrants, members of the millennial generation, single white women&#8203;—&#8203;in volve far more government intervention in the economy than the GOP coalition&#8203;—&#820 3;married white people, Wall Street, the Tea Party&#8203;—&#8203;wi ll allow. And we haven’t even mentioned changing the GOP approach to social issues, which would drive the Republican base of religious conservatives out of the party. Pursuing such proposals would break the coalition that puts Republicans close to a majority.
On the other hand, sticking with the policies that glue this so-close-to-a-majority coalition together would foreclose the possibility of expanding the GOP vote. And it would limit the vote Republicans pull from disaffected voters who used to support the GOP but have turned away for various reasons.
There’s more. Trying to appeal to the coalition of the ascendant and the Reagan coalition simultaneously would give the party a severe case of political schizophrenia. The GOP would bewilder its historic base of support while disappointing newcomers, leading to confusion, disillusionment, apathy, and perhaps (ultimately) dissolution.
The Republicans, like feminists, can’t have it all. They are trapped in the double bind.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/double...
Plus they won't let Homer join them, I am white but apparently not white enough.
carol

Orlando, FL

#873275 Mar 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama plantation voters will have lots of time to consume free healthcare services, given that the costs of Obamacare will make them unemployable.
Galt loves it when a plan comes together.
Good job, Barack.
Thought it was kind of amusing that after a few "fact checkers" danced around the IRS's hypothetical cost of Obamacare costing $20,000 per family including the Anneheim Institute, one sentence in their effort to try and clear things up was:

"So far, no one knows exactly how much insurance plans on the exchanges will cost."

http://factcheck.org/2013/03/obamacare-to-cos...

That's the problem. No one knows much of anything except the bill is now 20,000 pages long after the beurocratic regulations were added to the original and still growing.

Yeah, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
carol

Orlando, FL

#873276 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Insecure men steal women's identities and locations who intimidate them.
carol

Orlando, FL

#873277 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, to NOT be fair Hecate spent a good deal of time in Mississippi so I think it's fair to say she's seen a lotta "poor" already. As for MY being fair or not, I think we need to return to that precipice you spend so much time in front of. Now, look down... no, further... a little more... just a squinch further... now what's that grey thing lying on the bottom? Look carefully... uh-huh... yup, it's your own ass isn't it? That's the thing about precipices, when you're on top you dread the bottom, when you're on the bottom you're just a stone's throw from the top. Yessirree, that whole perspective thing is a bitch, ain't it? Anyways there you (we) are in Orlando. So are we on top or on the bottom? i would suggest there's a good chance that living at Disneyworld married to a guy who flies little planes around like he was John Travolta is the bottom of the bottom and you certainly don't have to worry about falling up now do you?
Insecure men steal women's identities and locations who intimidate them.

Loysville, PA

#873278 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
I'm serious. You really do have to see this to believe it.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/0...
With the new and growing legal interpretaions and regulations, the original bill is now nearly eight times the length of the original.
20,000 pages' worth...so far...taller than Kobe Bryant.
Might as well quote Rush Limbaugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Trojan 28,454
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr IBdaMann 2,734
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 233,058
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 9 hr ivyawe 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Pearl Jam 307,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Wed Lora_14 10
More from around the web