Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
802,361 - 802,380 of 1,101,041 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#871804 Mar 11, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Health care is expensive because not everybody pays for it. Doctors and hospitals constantly shuffle their overhead costs from indigents (deadbeats without insurance or money) to the saps with insurance. Illegals show up in emergency rooms for trivial procedures because they know hospitals are required to see them, whether or not they pay.
Also contributing to the problem are the tort lawyers, suing anybody in health care for billions of dollars.
The problem would go away instantly if medical care providers were not required to provide any service to anybody without the means or insurance to pay for it. Young people would be suddenly inspired to get insurance before they go skiing. Health Savings Accounts would pop up everywhere, with folks that don't want to pay for the insurance company overhead.
Insurance companies compete to provide the best coverage for the lowest cost. I got a kick out of your assessment of how the gubbermint would manage cost, cut bureaucracy, lah-dee-dah. Come on, leftie, name ONE gubbermint function that comes in under cost and on schedule. They are the people that gave us 16 TRILLION in debt, you want to give them more responsibility.
You're the idiot.
So you are arguing for Obamacare. Moving towards everyone having insurance would make everyone payers into the health system.

Not having insurance & relying on Health Savings Accounts will only work for the small stuff. My fried had a heart attack at 42. Her emergency room & ICU bill was $89,000. Without any doctor bills yet.

As soon as she has enough strength its triple bypasss time.

We could have meaningful tort reform ass soon as Republicans quit insisting on caps.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#871805 Mar 11, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text> The heat is overwhelming now.... Im burning up.. OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!!! OBAMA HAS HORNS!! HE IS LAUGHING!!!! GOD, IS IT TOO LATE?? PLEASE HELP US!!
Sel your humor sucks just like you do.
The all caps is pure sel.
The burning in Hell is coming soon enough porker.
BTW do the horns fit under the turbin????
Is Juan the name you use in Mexico big boy?

Loysville, PA

#871806 Mar 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Which means nothing.
Where are those 8.5 million lost jobs?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#871807 Mar 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You Rush Limbaugh. Is that why you are so uninformed? A ditto head?
No, Dave… Obama’s low IQ voters believe ‘Sequester’ is a new vegetable in Michelle’s food pyramid!!
proud2bwhite

United States

#871808 Mar 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given this same advice to many people, especially to those in their 50's attempting to compete for jobs with younger people.
It's amazing how terrifying it seems to people; the thought of creating your own business. They're stuck in the world of a 9-5 job, or in a job that may not pay well but has healthcare benefits.
This is why we need single payer healthcare so that people are not forced into jobs just to get health insurance. Once that anxiety about healthcare is gone; it will free people to become more creative in their lives.
and inslave others to pay for them... its no suprize you have no concept of responibility for providing for yourself.

Loysville, PA

#871809 Mar 11, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text> you've got that right, florida, and his multiple sockpuppets is without a doubt the biggest idiot and clown of this thread.
Hey, quit picking on FloriDUH & his many other names.

I feel sorry for him.

The dumbf*ck thinks he is being smart & clever when he is just being a dumbass jerk.

It is really quite pathetic and we should not make fun of his mental deficiency.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#871810 Mar 11, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I am queen of The Waxturd Troling Carnival of Sockpuppets out in full force today!!
I am the turd that just wont flush.
I am also known as the stalker topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
Old Crazy Goober, Proud2bewhite, No Surprise, Jimma Carter, Impeach Obama, Arguingwitheidiots, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank (anyone from Temecula, CA), fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Jimmy, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
I wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
I also wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dea
<quoted text>
Hiya Woofie. Ya got me confused with someone else.
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
577856 Democrats are Fascists wrote: Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text>
What a perfect description of the typical liberal. Good job, Richard Cranium.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:#395210 Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text> Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you. It's obvious to me you were born from the anal canal (spelling police - what a moron - like I'm going to spell check posting to a loser). 395208 Jul 17, 2011 No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
..and we thought you couldn't see past your bulbous nose. I guess that's not a problem when your eyes are on the side of your head. Oh, what a long tounge you have!
|#441048 Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. One can only deal with a moron like you in limited doses. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.#395266 Jul 17, 2011 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
#93787 Mar 7, 2011 When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
#395266 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron <quoted text> By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
[nwaxman]I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
I wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#871811 Mar 11, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal "Topix Sockpuppet Extravaganza", right here, where I, Not Surprized, and my sockpuppets "party" all day and all night making sad and very feeble attempts at insulting everything I don't understand. I am a small and very demented little mind imprisoned in a very large receptacle!!
http://memegenerator.net/instance/24612317
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#871812 Mar 11, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm another one of my sockpuppets.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#871813 Mar 11, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Very strong possibility. Would explain a lot. This is one of the longest running and heavily trafficked threads topix has. The use of my trolls and I keep it alive. More money for Tolles. Also explains the one sided judgit situation.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#871814 Mar 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think a political party should put their party ahead of the good of this country like the Republicans admitted they were doing.
Funny how you support that.
And have a fit when this is pointed out by Obama. Obama's just highlighting how ridiculous the efforts of Republicans jut to block progress in our recovery.
Just like ho Republicans defend each & every loophole in the tax code.
Just like pointing out republicans would trade higher taxes on the wealthy if they could cut medicare.
Just like Republicans threatened to end tax breaks for everyone unless the wealthy got tax breaks
Just like how the same Republicans crying about cuts were the exact same ones voting yes yes yes for spending under Bush.
Tell your party to grow the F*ck up & help fix the problem THEY created.
Dang, you almost made it through another long and tedious recital of excuses without blaming Bush. In fairness though, it's your only play. Had Obama done anything praiseworthy, after nearly <<FIVE YEARS>>, you'd be kicking that cat all over the place.
It's doubtful this country will ever fully recover, so profoundly has Obama divided the country. If we do, it'll be in spite of his policies, not because of them. When he's gone, it'll be like removing a malignant tumor, the immediate danger will be gone but the initial damage will cripple us forever.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871815 Mar 11, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up you mealy mouth punk ! I enlisted and wore this country's uniform back when Mitt Romney was hiding out in France as a "missionary" and Dick Cheney got five deferments because he had "other priorities". Don't you even dare impugn my patriotism.
You're an idiot Jimmy and everything you post proves it.
Your Department of Sanitation uniform does not qualify you as a military hero.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871816 Mar 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Conservatives arguing, criticizing or even belittling each other. That is healthy. Culling the herd of wackos is good. Mudslinging at a Mountain Mineral Health Spa eases tension and raises spirits.
But feigning love for each other and America at a convention that postures emptily before cameras and middle America when they in fact, in their Liberal hearts of treachery, want to rid their country of any Spirituality, any sense of Moral compass or Centrism and raise the State to God status while simultaneously lowering the individual to tool status, that is wrong.
If one believes in the unalienable rights of the individual, however, one cannot pick and choose which individual choices the government can deny to the individual.

Loysville, PA

#871817 Mar 11, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, you almost made it through another long and tedious recital of excuses without blaming Bush. In fairness though, it's your only play. Had Obama done anything praiseworthy, after nearly <<FIVE YEARS>>, you'd be kicking that cat all over the place.
It's doubtful this country will ever fully recover, so profoundly has Obama divided the country. If we do, it'll be in spite of his policies, not because of them. When he's gone, it'll be like removing a malignant tumor, the immediate danger will be gone but the initial damage will cripple us forever.
Obama did not divide this country.

Your party packed up & left as far as helping us recover from the mess in place when Obama took office.

When will you right whiners quit blaming Obama for your party's failures?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#871818 Mar 11, 2013
How can this be? This has to be good News for Obama!! I’m just waiting for Obama’s biggest Fan’ Pelosi’ to tell the American People how Obama’s Food Stamp Program has made us an much more Healthier Nation!!

The numbers reveal, in 2012, the food stamps program was the biggest it's ever been, with an average of 46,609,072 people on the program every month of last year. 47,791,996 people were on the program in the month of December 2012!!
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#871819 Mar 11, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> deport the 20 million illegals working 20 million jobs open for Americans
Want to stop poverty. Stop people who can't Take care of their own needs from haveing children they can't. Provide for.
People of poverty have the same right to have children as anyone else asshole. Oh I forgot, your type just wants to carry on their genes and lineage. As for illegals, that argument is old. either they pay taxes or do the jobs which no American wants to do. point being they work for a living so your problem with them is? they followed there dream to America just like your ancestors. Not to mention there's more white people on welfare then any other race including illegals so maybe y'all needs to stop having babies. Look in the mirror or are you scared you might not like what you see?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#871820 Mar 11, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"locations who..."??? What'd you teach, again, when you weren't scraping out waste baskets at St. Lame's Infirmary? Jethro dialect of Illiteratarian?(BTW, dumb carol, that's called a misplaced modifier--why don't you go dangle a few participles off your fat scooter now?)
Of course you focus on grammar and ignore content. Carol was spot on.
For Real

United States

#871821 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Department of Sanitation uniform does not qualify you as a military hero.
his americanism does john.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871822 Mar 11, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, here's the definition of recession;
A significant decline in activity across the economy, lasting longer than a few months. It is visible in industrial production, employment, real income and wholesale-retail trade. The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP); although the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) does not necessarily need to see this occur to call a recession.
Since we've had a slow but steady growth in manufacturing, and the housing market with stocks hitting new highs and unemployment at a four year low, we can call this a recovery. It would be a more robust recovery if the GOP went along with The President's proposals for needed infrastructure repairs and upgrades but hell that would make sense!
The US is still in a period of "significant decline in activity across the economy, lasting longer than a few months, visible in industrial production, employment, real income and wholesale-retail trade."

The federal government has sucked so much money out of the economy that growth is impossible.
For Real

United States

#871823 Mar 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not divide this country.
Your party packed up & left as far as helping us recover from the mess in place when Obama took office.
When will you right whiners quit blaming Obama for your party's failures?
RepubliCLOWNS do not believe in ACCOUNTABILITY when is due Dave, and they wonder why they keep losing elections.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 226,517
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Eaddae 305,478
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 27,101
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000