Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1685518 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769278 Oct 12, 2012
Vice President Joe Biden laughed at Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan Thursday for his attacks on the stimulus, reminding him that he requested stimulus funding for his Wisconsin district.

"I love my friend here," Biden said during the debate in Danville, Ky. "I'm not allowed to show letters here, but go on our website. He sent me two letters saying, by the way, can you send me some stimulus money for companies here in the state of Wisconsin?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/joe-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769279 Oct 12, 2012
"On two occasions we advocated for constituents who were applying for grants," Ryan said, when moderator Martha Raddatz asked him to confirm he had asked for stimulus funds. "Thatís what we do."

"I love that," Biden said. "This is such a bad program and he writes me a letter saying, writes the dept of energy saying, the reason we need this stimulus is it will create growth and jobs. He said that."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/...
Jannette

Jamaica, NY

#769280 Oct 12, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He will also be losing votes from blacks who are not voting based solely on race and believe me, there are some. It looks like you belong to the race baiting crowd. This election is about who is a better leader to the vast majority of people.
You are way off base. Are you a Liberal Democrat?
That would be nice,and that is the way it should be,but I don't think that this election is only who will be the better leader.
And yes if all black supporter don't get off their tails,and go down the block and vote for Obama,and he doesn't maintain that same percentages of whites,and non blacks,that won him the Presidency,then no,he won't win this time.
And to respond to your sarcastic remark,-you don't know jack about who or what I am,not do you know that I will be one who does not get out and vote,so you need to stick to making conclusions about what you know..
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#769281 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Vice President Joe Biden laughed at Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan Thursday for his attacks on the stimulus, reminding him that he requested stimulus funding for his Wisconsin district.
"I love my friend here," Biden said during the debate in Danville, Ky. "I'm not allowed to show letters here, but go on our website. He sent me two letters saying, by the way, can you send me some stimulus money for companies here in the state of Wisconsin?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/joe-...
Without a copy and Paste teleprompter Sonicmoron would not have anything intelligent to say..
-
It's the culture...
Lily Boca Grande

Charlestown, MA

#769282 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/embed/ static/clips/2012/10/12/27018/ fnc-hannity-20121011-williams
Isn't Media Matters the dishonest outfit that was exposed colluding with he government?

Yes, it is. You have no credibility, loon.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769283 Oct 12, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>You are eternally an idiot, You a 58 year old sonicmoron and after 4 years of obama still a loser in life..
-
AND ... Without a copy and Paste teleprompter Sonicmoron would not have anything intelligent to say..
-
It's the culture...
You talking to me?

And I expect a birthday present next year. But please, no more 'naked' pictures.

{shudder}
Bill

Miami, FL

#769284 Oct 12, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text> Obama is NOT re-electable..
-
Can we try for Impeachable or Convictable?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#769285 Oct 12, 2012
Well, just like President Obama mopped the floor with Rmoney during their debate, Vice-President Biden mopped the floor with Lyin' Ryan last night. President Obama will mop the floor with Rmoney in the November election as well.
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - FOUR MORE GREAT YEARS!!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769286 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Grande wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Media Matters the dishonest outfit that was exposed colluding with he government?
So how much did Obama pay Media Matters?

Or so unlike what Bush had to do, was it gratis?

Now would You like to talk about creditability? Or memory loss?
Bill

Miami, FL

#769287 Oct 12, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>You are eternally an idiot, You a 58 year old sonicmoron and after 4 years of obama still a loser in life..
-
AND ... Without a copy and Paste teleprompter Sonicmoron would not have anything intelligent to say..
-
It's the culture...
Its amazing how many Obamabots are lifes losers and they think Obama will save them. Here we are, 4 years later and if anything, they're worse off than they were when he started.
finding

Jonesboro, AR

#769288 Oct 12, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you on that ! Americans should never die in any country name . Many did and still dying in Israel's name ..
But still ,it goes to show what kind of human being Ryan is . He should've used a different words but he's is so rotten he used what ever words came to his mind .
The guy is a mass murder just like Reagan
Do you want the wars here in our country? Maybe you don't care that 3000 Americans died in 2001, I care and we need to stand up to the world, show them we will fight for what is right. We know what a good president Reagan was, we know what a good president Romney will make, then there is bommie, we all know what kind of president we have, gonna be a change, finally get the change bommie promised.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#769289 Oct 12, 2012
Joe had the guts to say: tax cuts for the richest were dumb.

Here is proof: Republican rich guys:

2 brothers gave 54 million to politics in Cal.

1 guy gave $100 million.

2 other brothers gave $1 billion to p a c?

If taxes are "killing" Republicans as they claim, WTF!

Seems like the rich have plenty of money, they sure give away a lot for political power.

The Democrats are correct here: the middle class is the economic power of the USA.

The rich just hoard money.

The economy is up! GDP UP! not down like Bush!

Biden thrashed your little boy Eddie Munster!

Hilarious!

You lose for sure!

And the guy you just slammed: his posts are accurate!

YOU? just a spamming fool. All day with nonsense.
Florida wrote:
-
-
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769290 Oct 12, 2012
Headline of the day.....

Biden could turn things around for Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/11/why...

Or citation of the day. Take your pick.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#769291 Oct 12, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Paul Ryan claimed President Obama took two weeks to acknowledge the September 11 attack on the Benghazi consulate was conducted by terrorists rather than protesters.
This is false White House spokesman Jim Carney said at the September 20 White House news briefing that the incident was a terrorist attack.
The President himself, speaking on Late Night with David Letterman on September 18, a week after the attack, said terrorists and extremists had attacked U.S. diplomatic installations in Lyba and elsewhere. Ryan caught in another lie.
Then why was he saying this on Sept 25th:

"Sept. 25:

ABC airs the television show The View, in which Obama is asked about Clinton's statement. "We don't have all of the information yet so we are still gathering," he says. He says there is "no doubt" that "it wasn't just a mob action."

"What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests," he says.

In a speech to the United Nations, Obama condemns the attacks and the American filmmaker, saying, "A crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world."

Clinton issues a statement acknowledging that an al-Qaeda affiliate in Libya and other Islamist terror groups "are seeking to extend their reach and their networks in multiple directions."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012...
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#769293 Oct 12, 2012
Better headline of the day:

SNICKERDOODLE

In head-to-head battle of proxies, Vice President Joe Biden goes on the attack against Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney with a barrage of grins, guffaws, snickers and interruptions.

... snickerdoodle LOL
dem

Chicago, IL

#769294 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Grande wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Media Matters the dishonest outfit that was exposed colluding with he government?

Morning, chimp fk
carol

Orlando, FL

#769295 Oct 12, 2012
As one observer in the National Review said about the debate last night: "I am less concerned about the lack of a broad bipartisan consensus that Biden lost the debate than the lack of a broad bipartisan consensus that Biden lost his marbles."

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/3...

Considering the total absence of bipartisanship on the part of this admnistration, the very recent and serious events of two terrorist attacks on our embassies on the anniversary of 9/11 resulting in the deaths of four Americans, the ineptness of this administration in responding to those attacks, the Middle East unraveling before our very eyes, a dismal economy that is barely limping along with major companies cutting back their employees to part-time to avoid the Obamacare mandates, a skyrocketing debt that doesn't seem to effect this administration or their compulsion to keep spending and 23 million people still out of work...what in the world did Joe Biden think was so funny?

Seriously. Can somebody tell me? I'd really like to know.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#769296 Oct 12, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you are ignorant of how government works in the United States. Here, Congress controls all revenue and spending. The president cannot invent spending programs... yet. If you want to see what the Democrat-controlled Congress spent money on, just look at the budgets they passed.
Then....
How about you just look up the stats, dupe.
The Democrats took full control of all the purse strings of government in January, 2007. The deficit before the Democrats sent our government insane was 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollars. What is it now? Did you say 2.4 trillion dollars? Did you say the Democrats increased the deficit by ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT?
What was the deficit when the Democrats took over all the purse strings of government in January, 2007? Did you say 5 trillion dollars?
What did the Democrats to with that 5 trillion dollar debt? Did you say they more than tripled it? Did you say they drove it up to 16 trillion dollars?
Show me the spending bills.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769297 Oct 12, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>
what a fuckig dum ass you re .Bush started war on terror yet every single muslims nation hates us .
You think your Jewish banner of liberating LIbya or Egypt works ?? LOL They hate us even more .
Muslim nations have and will always hate us. Bill Clinton bombed Iraq almost every day he was in office. Muslims didn't just start practicing Islam the day GW Bush took office. Get a grip dude.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769298 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Headline of the day.....
Biden could turn things around for Obama
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/11/why...
Or citation of the day. Take your pick.
this is what the Americans saw: a laughing hyena.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min susanm 326,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 32 min Chosen Traveler 35,374
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 46 min Patriot AKA Bozo 12,077
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web