Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619792 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#768168 Oct 11, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is someone that isn't afraid to tell the truth.
Then Clinton points his finger and said he didn't do it, but yet the Demonbats take up for him.
LOL ..and they call Romney a liar.
Without a teleprompter obama is inept, an empty (chair) suit, worthless and an uniformed liar...
-
It's the culture...

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#768169 Oct 11, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Every place that has privatized social security has found that benefits are double to three times that of government SSI. So let us say you get $1200 under government SSI. That would be $2400 to $3600 in private SS. Who can argue with that? The government that's who.
I keep thinking to myself "If only all of my (deposits) had been made into a mandantory 401K instead of the general fund I would have a pretty nice chunk of change to draw on when I retire soon."

I am sure the private firm managing my social security 401K would have taken some maintenance fees over the years, but nothing like the way politicians have been stealing SS and Medicare money over it history.

The latest incident happened when Obamacare transferred 751 Billion from Medicare to Obamacare. I think the Republicans should have aired a commercial showing Obama driving some mass transit vehicle by remote control filled with old people driving them all over a cliff at the same time.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#768170 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
Right Wing idiot!
Date ..........US Real GDP
Mar 31, 2012 13.50 trillion
Dec 31, 2011 13.43 trillion
Dec 31, 2010 13.22 trillion
Dec 31, 2009 12.81 trillion
YOU SAID GDP IS DOWN?
EAT CROW IDIOT!
search: mitt Romney serial liar
It was $14 trillion in 2007 (when the Dems took control of Congress.) Eat sh!t a**hole.
carol

Orlando, FL

#768171 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked that howl by Howard Dean, he would have been a great President.
That was the brunt of every joke on the planet, Lily. Even by late-night liberals.

Please don't embarrass yourself.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#768172 Oct 11, 2012
Ohio’s Secretary of State, John Husted, continues his effort to block early on-site voting, which has traditionally been popular among progressive voters. This behavior is clearly unethical because it defies the American principle of encouraging citizens to vote and using tax payers’ money to suppress their votes. It also makes a sad statement about his character and political motivation that he would seek such a hollow victory for the GOP.

Has he no confidence in Romney’s strategy of pandering to the public, with a spokesperson immediately cleaning up after him by telling a smaller audience that he really didn’t mean what he said?

Both of these kinds of strategy are disgusting and shameful. If this is not the kind of government you want, it is important to VOTE, even if it is inconvenient.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768173 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell me, Lily. Do you think that second grader who drew a stick figure of Jesus dying on the cross should undergo "psychiatric treatment"?
Because if progressive liberals win this election - even by a small margin - the already overabundance of intolerance against Christians is only going to get worse.
I don't know the story; however it seems that all it takes is one crazy story; where was it? Drudge? to set you all off.
I'm certain that there is much more to this story than you know.
Just that fact that you can take this "story" (which just may be a total fabrication) and make a correlation to politics and religion is going way over the top. Get a grip.
I'm going to go look for that story just for the hell of it now; maybe the teacher thought he'd become a future mass murderer or something, you never know; and one day when that kid is in the news, you'll be the first one to say "why didn't 'they' do something"?
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#768174 Oct 11, 2012
Fedex to cut thousands from workforce

http://www.france24.com/en/20121010-fedex-cut...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#768175 Oct 11, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand...sometimes it's better to live in ignorance.
Whatever works for you is no concern of mine.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768176 Oct 11, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
HERE'S WHAT HAPPEN IF THE STATE DEPARTMENT SENT ADDITIONAL SECURITY PERSONNEL TO LIBYA TO PROTECT OUR FOREIGN SERVICE WORKERS THERE - AN' THEIR MORMON "SECURITY TEAM," APPARENTLY. DARYL ISSA CONVENE A HEARING THE NEXT DAY TO DECRY THE ADMINISTRATION'S EXCEEDING IT'S BUDGET DURING A TIME OF ECONOMIC AUSTERITY.
LIBYA WAS A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN BY PRESIDENT OBAMA TO REMOVE A DICTATOR WITHOUT ANY AMERICAN LOSS OF LIFE. THE REPUBLICANS WILL DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, TO TRY AND BLUNT THE OBVIOUS SUCCESS OF THE OPERATION, AND TO TAKE THE FOCUS OFF THE ABJECT FAILURE OF THEIR OWN ADVENTURES. BUT THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: IF YOU NEED PROTECTION, DON' HIRE A MORMON.
Interesting, helpful, funny
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#768178 Oct 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I chose to no longer to business with an establishment that insults my intelligence by broadcasting fox cable news.
They are obviously tailoring their customer base to the uninformed & uneducated.
Bill Maher, who has donated $1 million to President Barack Obama's super PAC, was not pleased with his performance at Wednesday night's debate, declaring GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney the winner and even saying Obama looked like he could use a teleprompter.
-
Uninformed and Uneducated you idiot?
-
Elect Joe??
-
It's the culture...
carol

Orlando, FL

#768179 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I care about my kids and grand kids to be.
Amassing trillions in debt as Obama has managed to do, will be our undoing in the future. Of course, he will be out of office when shat hits the fin.
Sometimes I think that's his objective. Why else would Obamacare NOT kick in until 2014 - when he knew he would be out of office?

He fulfilled his purpose of causing sufficient damage to this country and can retire in the lap of luxury when our taxes skyrocket to cover the cost of Obamcare and we're waiting for our rationed healthcare.
carol

Orlando, FL

#768180 Oct 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's policy created this recession?
Really, your lies get bolder & bolder - the Romney effect.
Obama's policies made sure we remain in a recession.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768181 Oct 11, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Did they lie about Lybia?
If OBAMA is a BIG LIE why would his adminstration be truthful
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#768182 Oct 11, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, dumbfk. Say your 'pertect" man for the job gets another term, and makes even more of a mess. Who you going to blame that on? Bush?
Search and and see if Obama was really born here, or if he really was qualified for the job. Don't want to, do ya?
You are free to lie.........errrrrrrr speak.

Check this hemmmmmmroid!

GDP up the whole term! <------ President Obama!

Your losers: Republicans:

GDP down the most in 80 years! Lost 8 million jobs! BUSH/CHENEY/ROMNEY/EDDIE MUNSTER!

GDP a measure of the economy!

Obama kicked your guys azzzzzzzzz!

YOU <------- extremely dumb!

Search: Mitt Romney SERIAL LIAR
Obamasharpton

Stratford, CT

#768183 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just the Debil in disguise; he's really Dick Tracy. Keep us posted on the Mormon conspiracy
Obama has become the devil almost half the nation thought...no longer in disguise.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768184 Oct 11, 2012
National ID CARD COMING SOON in the mask of OBAMACARE (BLACK CODES),how will BLACK DEMOCRATS GET OBAMACARE WITHOUT AN ID lololol hahahahaah
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#768185 Oct 11, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is someone that isn't afraid to tell the truth.
Then Clinton points his finger and said he didn't do it, but yet the Demonbats take up for him.
LOL ..and they call Romney a liar.
I agree that this started with Clinton, but the true fault lies in the greed of the top executives and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. What Bush and Clinton should have done was to add in some oversight to ensure exactly what happened didn't happen. Oversight is something all Republicans want to stay far away from because holding companies accountable is just not the Republican way. Companies should be allowed to do whatever it takes to make a buck with no regards to people or employees. Bush was warned early in his Presidency and chose to ignore the warnings. I think he was really hoping that the collapse would happen after his term was up, but we didn't make it that far.

You guys scream about how Obama should have been able to turn things around after 4 years...why do you not have any accountablility to the one that was there for 8 years in which most of the turmoil happened in? Our country was even attacked during his term.

NO ACCOUNTABILITY - that should be the GOP motto.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#768186 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could have them plant a couple seeds while you are there.
One for your dk and the other for your brain.
You got me mixed up with Grey Ghost. He's got the useless dk, and shoves seeds up his azz to feed his missing hamster Trooper.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#768187 Oct 11, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep thinking to myself "If only all of my (deposits) had been made into a mandantory 401K instead of the general fund I would have a pretty nice chunk of change to draw on when I retire soon."
I am sure the private firm managing my social security 401K would have taken some maintenance fees over the years, but nothing like the way politicians have been stealing SS and Medicare money over it history.
The latest incident happened when Obamacare transferred 751 Billion from Medicare to Obamacare. I think the Republicans should have aired a commercial showing Obama driving some mass transit vehicle by remote control filled with old people driving them all over a cliff at the same time.
That has been one of my pet peeves for many years. Imagine if a business or a bank set up a retirement plan and your family didn't get the money if you died! These libtards on here would be screaming to the moon.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768188 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the brunt of every joke on the planet, Lily. Even by late-night liberals.
Please don't embarrass yourself.
I know it was; but, I felt it was him expressing true passion. He's really smart too! It's a shame that people can't just be themselves.
Take Mitt for example; that hidden video of him speaking at that fundraising dinner? That was Mitt, being himself. Why doesn't he just stick to being who he really is?
Are you a bit confused now? I mean after all, you were parroting that 47% everyday, defending it, chastising the lazy good for nothing unemployed welfare people and minorities who you think that represents.
Now, he's changed his mind!
He said "I will sign any legislation to overturn Roe v. Wade", now, he's changed his mind.
He said, "we don't need more teachers, didn't the President see what happened in Minnesota"?
Now, he's changed his mind.
He said "I will end Pell Grants and Student Loans, students should borrow money from their parents"
Now, he's changed his mind.
Must be hard for you to keep up with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Not who you think 34,442
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 318,334
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 20 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web