Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345403 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711532 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
U.S. stocks were mostly flat after the first August reading on the U.S. manufacturing sector showed an unexpected contraction.
So, you're using a government computer to post 24/7? The taxpayers are paying you to do this?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#711533 Aug 15, 2012
still the same wrote:
One is reminded of how far to the Right America has moved in three and one-half short years, due to President Barack Obama.
President Obama was groomed through his Chicago years, and was selected through agreement by both parties to be the nominee of the Democratic Party in 2008 because he and he alone could achieve the neutralizing required, if not the eradication of the critical mass of dissent that was generated during the Bush years (he succeeded). He was the "believing is seeing" candidate then, and remains as much today amongst Obamania "believers", who are too numerous to discount, but too mesmerized to be awakened.
As in marketing, a successful political strategy is prolonged until fatigue is reached. Obamania is far from deflating because most Obama people haven't realized their President gravely betrayed them, equaling if not exceeding the immorality and crimes of their erstwhile nemesis George W. Bush. They are deluded, blind, in denial, or simply hypocritical. If my contacts with "Progressives" are any indication, Mr. Obama will secure their vote again. There is an element of adolescent rapture in their excitement.
President Obama moved the pseudo Left-field goal post into Right-field and no one noticed. By posturing as extremists, the Tea Party gave Obama cover to move the post into the Right; then the "extremism" of Libertarians and Paulites gave the GOP cover to move the Republican Party further Right, and in doing so Paul Ryan became palatable as V.P. nominee (also seeking to satisfy Libertarian, Paulite and Evangelical bases); and the extremism of Representative Paul Ryan will permit the next President and Congress to move Right field entirely out of the stadium.
But whether Obama wins or Romney/Ryan win, behind the curtains awaiting activation has sat the "bipartisan" Ryan plan—the anti-government "final solution" weapon. In choosing Ryan, this matter now should be brought to the forefront. It will be the gun held against your head by both candidates if you are a target (poor, disabled, elderly) unless a crisis, distraction or sudden death delays its timing. As planned, Athens is coming to America via the Ryan blueprint which, like in previous examples, will be considered overtly "extreme", thereby giving cover for the next President and Congress to pass most of its recommendations.
But things could be worse. On the morning of August 11, in introducing his Vice-Presidential running mate to the media, Mr. Romney misspoke. He addressed Representative Paul Ryan as "The Next President of the United States."
Does he know something I don't?
Obama did the same thing when he introduced Biden.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#711534 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what is in the bill, FloriDUH.
Obviously you & your brotherhood of moronic dumbass right wingers have no clue.
You liar... Can you say Buyers remorse bites you obamaKare libtards idiots in the azz??.. RealDave??
-
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#711535 Aug 15, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Using mediamatters as a source for anything honest is about as intelligent as you using the Onion and the Comedy Channel as sources.....perfect example of why liberals are so easily sold on anything Obama says.
Ah, but MM cites all their sources. All you need to do is to get check out all the sources and determine that they are also full of shyte. Otherwise, you just making FOXbot noise.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#711536 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>i see you had another stroke last night...good for you
Exactly the reason why baby formula, guns and rectal thermometers should be illegal in ghetto Shitcago... They cause to much brain damage...
-
It's the culture..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711537 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
U.S. stocks were mostly flat after the first August reading on the U.S. manufacturing sector showed an unexpected contraction.
How many threads do you this on? Government job; healthcare paid bu the taxpayers. You should be fired.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#711538 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Take Medicare. Please. What is Medicare except a program that lavishes tax dollars on the old and sick, people who are no longer paying much in taxes and who are a drain on society?
Talk to any old person. All they say is,“Gimme, gimme, gimme.” Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security. Me, me, me.
Shouldn’t money be saved for the strong? For the productive? For the superior individuals who are amassing happiness through their own sheer will, drive and, perhaps, large inheritances?
Some think Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan would “end Medicare as we know it.” Well, maybe it does and maybe it doesn’t. But you should have seen the plan we argued him out of. We don’t want to go into details, but let’s just say it involved ice floes.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/796...
Democrats created this Ponzi scheme.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711539 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
In a little noted decision on July 23, a federal district court judge concluded that internal DOJ documents about the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case “contradict Assistant Attorney General [Thomas] Perez’s testimony that political leadership was not involved in” the decision to dismiss the case.
In other words, the sworn testimony of Perez, the Obama political appointee who heads the Civil Rights Division, before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights was apparently false.…
But what is most disturbing about this court order is that it strongly suggests that Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez essentially lied in sworn testimony. At a hearing before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights on May 14, 2010, Perez was asked by Commissioner Peter Kirsanow whether “any political leadership [was] involved in the decision not to pursue this particular case.” Perez’s answer, on page 79 of the transcript of that hearing, is an uncategorical “No.” When the statements of Perez are compared to the documents that Judicial Watch forced DOJ to release in the FOIA lawsuit, it is clear Judge Walton was polite when he said they are contradictory and “cast doubt on the accuracy” of Perez’s account.
A less diplomatic judge might have said that Perez testified falsely in his hearing testimony before the Commission on Civil Rights. In other words, he may have committed perjury if he knew his statements were false when uttered.
So Perez lied for Obama re the Case??????????
If I remember correctly, wasn't Holder's racist original claim that because they were black then them having weapons-night stick-outside of a polling place was not voter intimidation?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#711540 Aug 15, 2012
Mitt Romney, whiner in chief, can't take it but likes to dish it out.

I recall Romney & his lapdog Sununu made several references to calling Obama "foreign".

But hey, that's OK.

Romney evidently thinks that pursuing this approach is talking about the issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#711541 Aug 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're using a government computer to post 24/7? The taxpayers are paying you to do this?
You are certified irrelevant and a dummy lily..
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711543 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>
How long were you here this morning when I arrived? Who is here 24/7?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#711544 Aug 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the statement of a racist will not help your case.
You also might want to consider the fact that the only person who felt intimidated was the flunkey with the camera that the GOP sent to see if they could come up with some 'good video'.
Also, it wasn't armed men. One guy with a nightstick. Wanna see the video of the non threatening behavior?
a nightstick is a weapon.....

the clothing and demeanor was threatening....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#711545 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very good at trying to re-write someone else's comments. This is a mess.
I'm sure you couldn't decipher.

But I think most of us got the idea....the GOP are hypocrites.

Clear enough?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#711546 Aug 15, 2012
This is a Massive, Gigantic, Whopper, Viral Romney Lie.........

Here’s the brand new Romney ad with this colossal lie front and center:

&fe ature=player_embedded

The CBO didn’t say anything like that. CBO’s director Doug Elmendorf wrote that if the House Republicans repeal the Affordable Care Act, the repeal would increase federal spending on Medicare by $716 billion. There’s nothing about cutting Medicare in there. NOTHING. Romney and his campaign are lying. Again. And they’ll keep on doing it. To confuse the wingnuts as much as possible. From the posts on here it seems to be working too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711547 Aug 15, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>ice floats...much nicer than the social theories put forth by Obama's health adviser,(Rahm's brother) Dr Ezekiel Emanuel. and much nicer than the panel of bureaucrats who will decide who gets what in ObamaCare. Emauel's theories include giving more healthcare resources to those 15-40 "because of their social value" than to infants and the elderly.
but of course Paul Ryan's plan to in the future give more healthcare choices (including unchanged Medicare) to those who under 55 is SCARY but someone like Emanual who will be making ObamaCare decisions is fine for libs.
You pay more, so he (mitt) pays less. Eat it Jane.
Doctors abuse Medicare, keep the old folks coming to them every month for more tests, many are taking so many pills that they don't even realize what they are taking. The doctors are ordering mris for everything under the sun, for nothing. The old people just listen to their doctors without question

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#711548 Aug 15, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Ryan Pick Has Little Impact on Race
A new Economist/YouGov Poll finds no significant impact from Mitt Romney's pick of Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate.
President Obama leads Romney by three points, 47% to 44%. Last week, Obama had a one point lead.
http://today.yougov.com/news/2012/08/15/ryan-...
Proving Romney can lose this thing all by himself.
Rasmussen poll:(R)Connie Mack leads (D)Bill Nelson, 46%-37% in Florida...
-
http://www.examiner.com/article/bill-nelson-r...
-
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/...
-
D)Bill Nelson sold out bankrupting Medicare for Seniors in lieu of obamaKare... Bill Nelson selling out thousands of NASA jobs, contributing and creating massive devastation for home owners, home foreclosures, horrible home values, layoffs and poverty on the east coast of Florida...
-
Biden: As goes Bill Nelson in Florida, so goes Obama...
-
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200467...
-
It's the culture
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711549 Aug 15, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Ryan Pick Has Little Impact on Race
A new Economist/YouGov Poll finds no significant impact from Mitt Romney's pick of Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate.
President Obama leads Romney by three points, 47% to 44%. Last week, Obama had a one point lead.
http://today.yougov.com/news/2012/08/15/ryan-...
Proving Romney can lose this thing all by himself.
Huh? Never heard of this poll before.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#711550 Aug 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Mitt Romney, whiner in chief, can't take it but likes to dish it out.
I recall Romney & his lapdog Sununu made several references to calling Obama "foreign".
But hey, that's OK.
Romney evidently thinks that pursuing this approach is talking about the issues.
I recall you are lying. Prove me wrong!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#711551 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I can't believe that they are still whining about that; they're scared of the black boogie man, continue to use that image.
Total racism.
would you have a problem with someone in a KKK outfit standing outside your polling place???....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#711552 Aug 15, 2012
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand your complete support for the EBT Community, La Raza Racists, the Black Panthers, and the ACORNs. Not every American wants a bright future for their families. We get it.
Obama/Biden have earned your Vote and if you are sober enough you should try to stagger to the pollling place on Election Day
I'm thinking I'll stagger about 10 times to the 'polling' place. Or at least that's the quota I've been assigned.

Not to worry. Voter fraud is nonexistent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 253,278
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 8,534
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruins 31,877
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Kathwynn 310,631
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed KeS 201,847
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Wed Fart news 89
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Tue Sonny 2
More from around the web