Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403354 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#711624 Aug 15, 2012
still the same wrote:
<quoted text>Listen OBAMA doesn't LIKE BLACK PEOPLE moochelle is only a pocketbook for looks
He should have spoken to Michelle. The slave story was expected to fall like a lead balloon to a Black American audience.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#711625 Aug 15, 2012
Seven Paul Ryan poll results that might surprise you

Moving in the right direction, from an ABC/Washington Post [poll] comparing reaction to Ryan before and after he was added to the ticket:

In weekend interviews 38 percent responded favorably to Ryan joining the Republican ticket, up from 23 percent in pre-selection interviews last week. Positive views rose among independents as well as among Republicans, and among women. And Ryan was notably well-received among senior citizens – a group of interest given his plan to reshape Medicare.

Swing-state seniors, from the Democractic Public Policy Polling’s Ohio poll, released today:

Ryan’s favorability numbers in Ohio are actually *best* with seniors at 38/29

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/13/seven-p...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#711626 Aug 15, 2012
Obama In November 2009: Right, One-Third Of ObamaCare Funding Comes From Cuts To Medicare

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama even says it and they -the Left-still live in denial. Stephanie Cutter is bragging about, and yet they deny.
still the same

New York, NY

#711628 Aug 15, 2012
Ryan’s comfort with Black audiences and understanding of economics could tickle the ear of a small but critically important segment of Black audiences who aren’t moved by what they are hearing from President Obama,By Cedric Muhammad

Conventional wisdom holds that Mitt Romney’s selection of Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan as his vice-presidential running mate is either a negative or neutral selection relative to impacting the Black vote. After all, it is not hard to position Mr. Ryan as a typical anti-social safety net Right-wing Republican. Within minutes of the news of Romney’s choice, Paul Ryan’s name became hyphenated, suddenly ending with ‘Medicare’ and ‘Medicaid,’ and even ‘heartless.’

My reaction, however was different. I do recognize plenty in Rep. Ryan’s record that will serve as legitimate red meat for Democratic Party activists, and Get-Out-The-Vote advertising scripts. But I don’t think on balance, that the obvious anti-Left positions of a Republican vice-presidential nominee is the most strategically intriguing fact, where Black Americans are concerned.

While Rep. Ryan is probably unacceptable to 80% of the likely-to-vote Black electorate automatically, I believe that he and Gov. Romney will receive a hearing from a remaining percentage who do not automatically believe their interests align with the Democratic Party. This 15% which I refer to as ‘free-agents’– are comprised of Blacks more concerned with cultural issues, self-help, and asset ownership.

The remaining 5% are Blacks automatically loyal to the Republican party.

What Democrats understand (and fear) is a simple fact: a Republican only has to win 10% of the Black vote to become President. By some estimates, Ronald Reagan won 14% of the Black vote in 1980 and 9% in 1984. 1988 surveys showed President George H. W. Bush won 11%. In 2000, President George W. Bush won an estimated 9% of the Black vote in, and he took home 11% in 2004.

In 2008 Senator John McCain only earned 4% of the Black vote. Research by the National Urban league recently demonstrated that if the Republican nominee had won only an additional 2% of the Black vote in North Carolina – only an extra 14,000 - he would have won that state. REAL HOPE FOR CHANGE NOW!
Realtime

Cocoa Beach, FL

#711629 Aug 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they did here in Volusia county
Not Volusia, Duval (Jax). Volusia had other problems, misplaced votes, lost absentee ballots and couple of failed electronic voting devices. It was reported that they straightened it all out prior to SCOTUS ruling.

They never did straighten the Duval problems out as those mostly black voters never cast any sort of vote leaving no paper trail.
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#711630 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You're just pitifully stupid Jane. No one needs an mri for every hangnail; this is how our Criminal In Chief Rick Scott became a billionaire, Medicare fraud. He should be in prison, yet, these idiots right wing Christians voted in a thief. Why, you may ask?
Must have give a big fat check of that stolen money to the Christian coalition that publishes the Christian Voting Guide; they promptly gave him an A rating after that.
Why are you so stupid?
Stupid is one who continues to support the incompetent Obama and his 4 years of failure improve the USA.
still the same

New York, NY

#711632 Aug 15, 2012
President Obama is seeking to aid the group through increasing their pre-tax income while Gov. Romney is seeking to aid the group by increasing their pre-tax capital. Culturally, more and more Blacks are realizing that true and lasting wealth creation comes from asset ownership – farmland, real estate, businesses and stocks – rather than income, although the former aids the latter via savings of earnings. The wealthiest 1% receive over 20% of their ‘income’ from capital gains compared to 2 percent for the rest of the country. The Black asset-aspirationals understand this.

Of all racial groups analyzed by the U.S. Census – White, Hispanic, Black and Asian – Black Americans by far have the lowest median value of assets per household, coming in at the bottom, or tied for last in ownership of all but 2 of the 12 asset categories tracked (everything from interest earning assets at financial institutions to IRA or KEOGH accounts).

As a former disciple and speechwriter for the last true icon of Republican black outreach – the late Jack Kemp – Congressman Ryan has a form of ideological credibility on wealth creation and a comfort level with Black audiences that may resonate with minority Black Americans who are finding it difficult to reconcile their pride in the accomplishments of President Obama with their own economic malaise.

In 2002 I met Congressman Ryan. We had a 30-minute conversation, almost all of which centered around his view of economics and Black outreach. He told me “When I worked as a speechwriter for Jack Kemp, I spent literally every day on that subject. And what we came up with is that you have to develop relationships and sit down with people and listen and talk with them. You have got to go directly to the people and Black leaders. I won 66% of the vote in my last election and I won most of the districts with significant Black populations. I am not a big ‘Party’ guy and I think that my Black constituents understand my concern for them as well as my ideas.”

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#711633 Aug 15, 2012
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
With 8.2 National unemployment and our Veterans having such a hard time finding work the fact that Obama has created a way to reward millions of Illegals for ignoring our immigration laws makes voting for Obama an impossible choice.
Why would Obama put illlegals interests ahead of the citizens he was elected to represent?
Probably because his handlers believe that, like ghetto blacks, mexicans will always vote for anyTHING with a D beside it's name on a Ballot regardless of how horrific the out comes. It worked in the nearly bankrupt, illegal and gang infested DUMP that was once the Golden State of California.
Lets give them green cards instead. The Republican way.

You want to talk about illegals? George Bush & the Republicans wanted the cheap labor for their corporate friends. You forget their plan was to give amnesty & a guest worker program.

Quit blaming Obama, who has deported far more & has far more border guards, about a problem fomented by Republican policies.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#711634 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You're just pitifully stupid Jane. No one needs an mri for every hangnail; this is how our Criminal In Chief Rick Scott became a billionaire, Medicare fraud. He should be in prison, yet, these idiots right wing Christians voted in a thief. Why, you may ask?
Must have give a big fat check of that stolen money to the Christian coalition that publishes the Christian Voting Guide; they promptly gave him an A rating after that.
Why are you so stupid?
Boy, that was totally off topic. The topic is Medicare and the panels...

JaneSays....

"well we know you already believe in infantcide for convenience. so the overuse of Medicare justifies someone like Er Ezekiel Emanuel rationing care with preference by age and social status and you don't find THAT unacceptable. hate to tell you, but one look at all the time you spend sitting in front of topix, may deem you unworthy of medical procedures in the eyes of IPAB. well, actually I dont' hate to tell you and since you are a certified follower of The One--you will probably be ENTITLED TO MORE CARE. you'll just have to get in line with all the illegals."

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#711635 Aug 15, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you trolling her, with your tounge hangin' out as you chase her vapor trails?? You're a very disturbed person, hating women seems to be your forte. Your wife left you for a reason.
Try to get over your obsession with Lily. She's not interested in three-eyed trolls.
Funny coming from the troll posting as "Jimmy". Did the real Jimmy hurt your feelings? Poor kid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#711636 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Obama In November 2009: Right, One-Third Of ObamaCare Funding Comes From Cuts To Medicare
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obama even says it and they -the Left-still live in denial. Stephanie Cutter is bragging about, and yet they deny.
Obama Campaign Goes Racist, Anti-Semitic

Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate has utterly unhinged the Obama campaign.

Last week they were happily jabbering about Romney's record at Bain Capital, implying that he had killed a man's wife, stating that he was a tax cheat and blaming him for outsourcing jobs. This week they're stuck defending Barack Obama's $700 billion cuts to Medicare and spending addiction.

That leaves the Democrats with one solution: get ugly.

http://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/201...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711637 Aug 15, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you trolling her, with your tounge hangin' out as you chase her vapor trails?? You're a very disturbed person, hating women seems to be your forte. Your wife left you for a reason.
Try to get over your obsession with Lily. She's not interested in three-eyed trolls.
Imagine what a moron he is? Nothing of value to post and lives only to stalk me? Pathetic.

Meanwhile, regarding Mitt in Florida:

We have a large Puerto Rican population here, the voters may skew younger, but they have elderly parents on ss and medicare, the question everyone can ask himself is; can you afford to support your elderly parent and pay for his healthcare costs? Realistically? Can these 70-80 year olds find insurance coverage with pre existing conditions for $6000? What if the parent is on dialysis, has cancer, chronic heart conditions, pacemakers ?
Mitt can kiss Florida goodbye.

Thanks Mitt

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711638 Aug 15, 2012
still the same wrote:
President Obama is seeking to aid the group through increasing their pre-tax income while Gov. Romney is seeking to aid the group by increasing their pre-tax capital. Culturally, more and more Blacks are realizing that true and lasting wealth creation comes from asset ownership – farmland, real estate, businesses and stocks – rather than income, although the former aids the latter via savings of earnings. The wealthiest 1% receive over 20% of their ‘income’ from capital gains compared to 2 percent for the rest of the country. The Black asset-aspirationals understand this.
Of all racial groups analyzed by the U.S. Census – White, Hispanic, Black and Asian – Black Americans by far have the lowest median value of assets per household, coming in at the bottom, or tied for last in ownership of all but 2 of the 12 asset categories tracked (everything from interest earning assets at financial institutions to IRA or KEOGH accounts).
As a former disciple and speechwriter for the last true icon of Republican black outreach – the late Jack Kemp – Congressman Ryan has a form of ideological credibility on wealth creation and a comfort level with Black audiences that may resonate with minority Black Americans who are finding it difficult to reconcile their pride in the accomplishments of President Obama with their own economic malaise.
In 2002 I met Congressman Ryan. We had a 30-minute conversation, almost all of which centered around his view of economics and Black outreach. He told me “When I worked as a speechwriter for Jack Kemp, I spent literally every day on that subject. And what we came up with is that you have to develop relationships and sit down with people and listen and talk with them. You have got to go directly to the people and Black leaders. I won 66% of the vote in my last election and I won most of the districts with significant Black populations. I am not a big ‘Party’ guy and I think that my Black constituents understand my concern for them as well as my ideas.”
You did not write this

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#711639 Aug 15, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi-Ya Da-Vey Putz,
A Pennsylvania judge on Wednesday refused to stop a tough new voter identification law from going into effect, which Democrats say will suppress votes among President Barack Obama's supporters.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/15/ju...
Smile for da birdie, Da-Vey.
LOL
Of course the Republican judge ruled in favor of voter suppression.

Reducing the Democrat vote helps him get re-elected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711640 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, that was totally off topic. The topic is Medicare and the panels...
JaneSays....
"well we know you already believe in infantcide for convenience. so the overuse of Medicare justifies someone like Er Ezekiel Emanuel rationing care with preference by age and social status and you don't find THAT unacceptable. hate to tell you, but one look at all the time you spend sitting in front of topix, may deem you unworthy of medical procedures in the eyes of IPAB. well, actually I dont' hate to tell you and since you are a certified follower of The One--you will probably be ENTITLED TO MORE CARE. you'll just have to get in line with all the illegals."
The government worker jason jays job is to monitor my posts. gfy
Jane is an idiot and so are you

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711641 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Biden are insiders and neck deep in crony capitalism-out with them!
Ryan is not the extreme, radical budget slashing fiend as you attempt to make him out to be. You Lefties do not see the how hypocritical you are.
Mitt is not a crony capitalist? You're out of your mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
still the same

New York, NY

#711642 Aug 15, 2012
I wonder what would happen in mexico if BLACK AMERICANS illegally moved into to mexico without visas and took over the drugs trade or whatever what would happen to those people would their President say IT'S OK or whoever give them amnesty lol hahahah lolololol i can see it now if the mexicans are killing Blacks in California and chasing them out of the HOOD here in AMERICA can you imagine

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Roger Edgar

AOL

#711643 Aug 15, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate has utterly unhinged the Obama campaign.
Last week they were happily jabbering about Romney's record at Bain Capital, implying that he had killed a man's wife, stating that he was a tax cheat and blaming him for outsourcing jobs. This week they're stuck defending Barack Obama's $700 billion cuts to Medicare and spending addiction.
Perfectly Stated!!! You Nailed it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#711644 Aug 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to disbelieve everything formerly known as Jason-Jay says.
You are obviously NOT an English teacher.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#711645 Aug 15, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, Romney is responsible for the death of that woman, and she's not alone. There are thousands and thousands of people who can attest to their lives being totally destroyed by Bain, towns being devastated, pensions being stolen, healthcare lost, jobs lost.
Mitt is a raper and pillager, and you are a dummy

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 30 min OzRitz 9,987
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 255,937
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,487
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web