Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563712 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#680702 Jul 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are OK if the Republicans just cheat in this election.
Thought so.
" When I worked at the polls; everyone had to provide a photo id, there were no problems"

No problems, dave. No problems!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bridge is built, I'm over it”

Since: Aug 08

Clermont, FL

#680703 Jul 9, 2012
Lost-in-Translation wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're not suggesting that black people by definition can not be educated because that is certainly what it sounds like you're saying.
As for "whats in it for the 'hip hop ebonic speaking young black man.'" you might want to ask one because only that person can answer your question. I nor anyone else can speak or take responsibility for an entire race.
When you say black people, who are you speaking of? I hope you mean to address your arguments towards a particular class of people (i.e., uneducated and willfully ignorant) not a racial group. No race has a monopoly on ignorance.
Keep in mind, Topix is filled with a plethora of racists. This is a format where they can express themselves and bypass a beatdown.

Expect for them to show us what their parents taught them. It's not their fault usually, people hate because they are not loved. Unfortunately, most of the time is lack of Education.

Choose your battles wisely...lol

Eddie Allard
Empower Network
http://www.empowernetwork.com/eddieallard/
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#680704 Jul 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>As if these 90 year old poll workers are going to be able spot a forged ID anyhows. It's a crock, they are trying to scare people away from the polls, make it tougher to vote, make it harder, make people more apathetic.
Haa! Good point! However, I highly doubt that anyone would go to the trouble of doing that. People are basically pretty honest.
There was a couple in their 80's who work every election, but they were far from feeble, they were super smart and knowledgeable and everyone loved them. They were the oldest, most of us were in our 50's, one young man was probably 30. It was a fun experience but it was in a Masonic Hall with no windows! Strange place!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#680705 Jul 9, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dummy
" When I worked at the polls; everyone had to provide a photo id, there were no problems"

No problems, lily. No problems!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#680706 Jul 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where?
"Land of the free" doesn't mean that everything is free, doofus. Since 9/11 many property managers require a photo ID for every adult that will live in a rental property. Security has a price; it's called honesty. I'm a natural born citizen and I had to show a photo ID to vote in 2008. Stop being a crybaby and manup, transparency doesn't hurt like you claim it does.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#680707 Jul 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, another right wingers who considers financially supporting their country as extortion.
Lol...i borrowed that from tenzing. Can i have my hook back?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#680708 Jul 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where?
Depends on the state, but most dmvs provide them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#680709 Jul 9, 2012
<quoted text>
When are you moving to your utopia; Saudi Arabia? There, if you talk your shyt about the King, they cut your toungue off.
Come on Lily, we've given you reasons for voter ID, and all you post in return, is gibberish? Barack Hussein Obama will be exiled to Martha's Vineyard next year, to live out his days on the American taxpayer?'an you talk about a King? He never had a job, now never needs a job, he's living the dream of every South Side ghetto dweller? Being able to read... a teleprompter, does get you something??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#680710 Jul 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
See dave, no problems.
Well, it varies from precinct to precinct, county and state.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#680711 Jul 9, 2012
A free society encourages voting, a Republican one does not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#680712 Jul 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Haa! Good point! However, I highly doubt that anyone would go to the trouble of doing that. People are basically pretty honest.
There was a couple in their 80's who work every election, but they were far from feeble, they were super smart and knowledgeable and everyone loved them. They were the oldest, most of us were in our 50's, one young man was probably 30. It was a fun experience but it was in a Masonic Hall with no windows! Strange place!
We have a hard enough time getting people out to vote in this country and Republicans want to make it even tougher. It's assinine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#680713 Jul 9, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
"everyone had to provide a photo id"
And you didn't rant and rave about "disenfranchisement" ???
"there were no problems"
Why? You didn't work at polls in a "rich" neighborhood, did you?
Surely you volunteered your time working at polling stations in poorer areas to ensure that those big, bad Republicans didn't
disenfranchise "the poor", "the elderly", "minorities", etc, etc.,
etc.! Right?
So why weren't there any problems? What had been done to ensure that the voting process went smoothly?
I can't speak for other precincts, only reporting my personal experience. This is a small neighborhood

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Winter Springs, FL

#680714 Jul 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>As if these 90 year old poll workers are going to be able spot a forged ID anyhows. It's a crock, they are trying to scare people away from the polls, make it tougher to vote, make it harder, make people more apathetic.
Some of these posters are idiots that can't comprehend what they're reading, others are trolls just out havin some fun.

Driving is a "privilege" which comes with costs attached.

Cashing checks, renting items and so on are matters of trust and commerce not government.

Voting is a " guaranteed constitutional right" for US citizens of age whose civil rights are intact. A Poll tax__or__any other tax is an infringement upon that right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

Studio City, CA

#680715 Jul 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, friends pooled food, one had bread, I had the grill, others had meat, etc.!
Jane has is Not voting for President Obama in 2012 ;-)

young man next door had a few interesting diversions over to keep him amused

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#680716 Jul 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No problems, homer. No problems!
Pretty much, Republicans would have you believe voter fraud is rampant. We can barely get people out there to vote. It's a crock.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#680717 Jul 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's a crock. Republicans are trying to suppress a free and fair election. They know that the more people that vote the less chance they have of winning. They will do anything to try and suppress the vote because it is in their best interest. If they had decent policies and actually cared about all Americans and passed laws to back that up they wouldn't need to suppress the vote.
Or it might be that they are trying to stop illegals from voting????? You know, Obammie's voter base.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American

Miami, FL

#680718 Jul 9, 2012
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_y...
JEB

Studio City, CA

#680719 Jul 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No problems, lily. No problems!
Think the Justice Department can handle this.

The Justice Department and the Texas Legislature are squaring off in court today over the state’s controversial voter ID law.

The law requires voters to show photo identification at the polls, and Texas hopes to implement it before the November election.

The DOJ blocked Texas’ voter ID law in March, saying it will disenfranchise at least 600,000 voters — a disproportionate number of which are Latinos and other minority groups.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#680720 Jul 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Twenty-fourth Amendment prohibits both Congress and the states from conditioning the right to vote in federal elections on payment of a poll tax or other types of tax.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but people don't have to pay a tax to get a photo ID. Do they?
It would seem like a pretty big stretch, otherwise, reading it any other way.
It is a stretch, a big stretch. They are calling any expense in getting a photo id a poll tax. They are getting loonier by the say.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Newington, CT

#680721 Jul 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney said over & over its not a tax. That fricken libtard that you will vote for.
Hey, let the Republican keep wasting money by passing sh*t they know will go nowhere.
Brilliant thinking.
America hates ObamaTax. Making Dems debate its worthiness and vote for it again is good politics. Reminds America of how ObamaTax was shoved down their throats.

ps

Anyone but the Kenyan!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min cpeter1313 315,175
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 11,286
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May '17 Into The Night 258,461
More from around the web