Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602239 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#674882 Jun 30, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
To all contributing members of Topix..I apologize with utmost sincerity. I forgot how this subject touches a 7,568 word nerve with Carol.
Saving thousands of children, mothers and fathers from certain death at the hands of radicals and tyrants certainly does touch a nerve with me.

How unfortunate it doesn't with you and Tenzing...
GOPidiots

United States

#674884 Jun 30, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, what part of Congress under President Bush removed funding from any agency or program that advocates or or counsels abortion - and President Obama in his first week in office "restores funding" to those agencies, confuses you?
How can you "restore" and expand funding to something without "spending anything"?
<quoted text>
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-23/politics/o...
"I" DID read the article.
It's like explaining something to a brick.
Dollars already allocated...opps, there I go again using all those syllables.
Money budgeted already.
Obama simply changed where the money already in budget was going. NO increase in spending.
Teaching my dog to fetch a beer was an easier exercise than 'splainin' this to you.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#674885 Jun 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION OF CRAZY TALK INTO ENGLISH:
""I can't compete with Eman in a discussion, so I must resort to cheap, juvenile insults aimed at his son to put him in his place!!
----------
You seem to enjoy making a complete fool of yourself.
<you make this so easy, nutsickles>
I've always said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

You steal my lines, you're just paying homage to my intelligence and wit!!

Poor little Emaam. You never could compete.

Where's Daddy Gunner?? He hasn't shown up since Obama's victory!!

Location hidden

#674887 Jun 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Saving thousands of children, mothers and fathers from certain death at the hands of radicals and tyrants certainly does touch a nerve with me.
How unfortunate it doesn't with you and Tenzing...
But let's not provide healthcare to thousands of American children, eh??

Wars are so much more fun!!
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#674888 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
S'matter, loser, you tired of attempting to spin your lie to GOPidiots??
Get over it. Your side lost.
You're not going to repeal it, you're going to whine about it, like the little crybaby you've always been.
You've been whining nonstop since the decision was announced.
Talk about a meltdown!! You and Carol are having a nonstop meltdown!!
Whaaa and too bad.

Freedom of speech trumps your temper tantrum. This will be discussed and if you don't like it, drop out of the discussion.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#674889 Jun 30, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not in the Constitution, but it shouldn't take a 'rocket scientists', to figure it out.
By not supporting and defending out allies, or giving them the ability to protect themselves, that would subject them to being overthrown by nations and factions hostile not only to them, but to the United States.
In most of the cases where the United States committed its military to a war effort, it wasn't because the United States itself was directly attacked, but because an ally of the United States was attacked and doing nothing about it would eventually put the United States itself at risk of attack.
Itís about the same, but not nearly as invasive of reasoning President Obama appears to be using to justify his drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia - but in most of those prior cases, the United States has not conducted military operations within the borders of a sovereign nation without their permission or a formal agreement of some kind.
Your history is incorrect. Its only been since Truman started the Cold War that we took to playing the World's policeman and those actions certainly don't align with the limits of the Constitution.

The Cold War is over but we're still fighting it just as Ike warned us would happen.

Location hidden

#674890 Jun 30, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you guys get this stuff? Do you have NO understanding of the immigration process? This whole claim is bogus.
Now you going to claim that Castro will gladly provide BC's to the millions who have fled Cuba since 1959??You really that stupid??

You get dumber by the hour.

Try getting a gun permit without a BC, much less a Photo ID. Good luck.
carol

Orlando, FL

#674891 Jun 30, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY REALLY sorry everyone.
PLEASE stick a fork in her...she's done.
For someone like Tenzing who apparently had no clue about the Anthrax scare or someone like you who clearly could learn something new to broaden your horizons, you both should be thanking me for getting you up to snuff.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#674892 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
UNIX?? You mean the dead language out of Bell LAbs so many decades ago??
Hahahahaha. Wow! Son, this kind of BS might work on the playground, but there are real IT professional here.

Honestly, you're doing this on purpose, right? No one, I mean, no one, can be this stupid.
carol

Orlando, FL

#674893 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
But let's not provide healthcare to thousands of American children, eh??
Wars are so much more fun!!
Let's just do it the right way, the smart way and the cost-free way without distorting the Federal Government out of proportion.

Let's do it that way, shall we?
GOPidiots

United States

#674894 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
You steal my lines, you're just paying homage to my intelligence and wit!!
Poor little Emaam. You never could compete.
Where's Daddy Gunner?? He hasn't shown up since Obama's victory!!
He's been on a Kispy Kreme bender...he heard the ACA has a tax on doughnuts

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#674895 Jun 30, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155447/Americans-I...
evenly split
this election will be decided by the middle
"Most Would Keep the Law in Some Form, but Majority Would Also Repeal Parts"

There are good parts of the law. They should have taken their time working on it in parts instead of shoving the entire thing through in one piece.

BTW, I'm going to register as a democrat and not buy health insurance until I'm really sick.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#674896 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Cloinging
I suggest you try draino.

Location hidden

#674897 Jun 30, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to drive across the state. You get them at the DMV.
No, where is there any claim that the Florida law calls photo ID a poll tax. This disingenuous claim is coming from people who do not like photo IDs.
PROOF- the actual Florida law calls it a poll tax, please
XXIV Amendment

""Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

----------

Note the words 'any tax'. Photo ID is a tax or fee levied by Gov't.

Photo ID's are the latest version of poll taxes. Funny, it's the same racist states that caused this Amendment to be adopted.

This will have to go to th eSCV for resolution. Meaning, you will not get your way for this election. Federal Courts will deny the racist states the ability to enforce Photo ID's until the legalaties are determined by the Courts, not racist Governors like Rick Scott.
carol

Orlando, FL

#674898 Jun 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a Democrat in '08 and you'll end up with the same results.
The landscape changed in 2007 and 2008. It's a different world now. Assuming everyone doesn't know that besides liberals and liberal-tarians is probably assuming too much.

Location hidden

#674899 Jun 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha. Wow! Son, this kind of BS might work on the playground, but there are real IT professional here.
Honestly, you're doing this on purpose, right? No one, I mean, no one, can be this stupid.
I do it to crank up Retard Fred.

Y'know, like I insult your son because I know it enrages you!!

Same same.

Location hidden

#674900 Jun 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Most Would Keep the Law in Some Form, but Majority Would Also Repeal Parts"
There are good parts of the law. They should have taken their time working on it in parts instead of shoving the entire thing through in one piece.
BTW, I'm going to register as a democrat and not buy health insurance until I'm really sick.
So all this time you've been lying about having a job and benefits, eh??

No surprise there.

You lie about everything.

Location hidden

#674901 Jun 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have been in a drunken stupor again during the Anthrax scare...right on the heels of 9/11.
Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators killing five people and infecting 17 others.
The New York Post and NBC News letters contained the following note:
The Tom Brokaw (NBC) note 09-11-01:
THIS IS NEXT
TAKE PENACILIN NOW
DEATH TO AMERICA
DEATH TO ISRAEL
ALLAH IS GREAT
The second anthrax note addressed to Senators Daschle and Leahy 09-11-01:
YOU CAN NOT STOP US.
WE HAVE THIS ANTHRAX.
YOU DIE NOW.
ARE YOU AFRAID?
DEATH TO AMERICA.
DEATH TO ISRAEL.
ALLAH IS GREAT.
The National Academy of Science committee released its report in February 2011 concluding that it was "impossible to reach any definitive conclusion about the origins of the anthrax in the letters, based solely on the available scientific evidence"...and also challenged the FBI and U.S. Justice Department's conclusion that a single-spore batch of anthrax maintained by Bruce Ivins at his laboratory was the parent material for the spores in the anthrax letters.
Experts at the Johns Hopkins Center concluded that one of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers, Ahmed al-Haznawi, likely had been exposed to anthrax after presenting to an emergency room in Fort Lauderdale.
Several 9/11 hijackers, including Alhaznawi, lived near the first victim of the anthrax attacks.
A pharmacist in Delray Beach, Florida, told the FBI that two of the 9/11 hijackers, Mohamed Atta and Marwan al-Shehhi, entered the pharmacy seeking medicine to treat irritations on Mr. Atta's hands.
...There. Don't ever say I never got you up to speed on this subject.
Of course I remember the anthrax attacks nitwit, I lived in Boca at the time. I wasn't aware that anybody had made any links beyond the US scientist who killed himself and I hadn't read the wikipedia article.(don't forget to cite your sources)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#674902 Jun 30, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I can sling it with the best.
I just enjoy it more when folks like Emaam spend days insulting others
Blah, blah, waaaaaaaaa!'It's their fault, not mine!'

You "just enjoy" being a jerk.

You're nothing but a liar, a vulgar pig, and a self-proclaimed bully. The only place you "run off" anyone on Topix is in your twisted little mind.

Cretins like you still live with their mothers.

Location hidden

#674903 Jun 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...maybe?
Who should I believe, an ex-Senateís parliamentarian or a partisan hack on Topix?
Nobody has produced anything that's been repealed by reconciliation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Choicerocks 317,583
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Fugsworth 11,572
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web