Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382747 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

SADKO00301

Carlsbad, NM

#674193 Jun 29, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax dodging mooch
I knew one of you gay marriage Homo Lovers would bite on that and try to take it out of Context.... In fact I paid all my taxes

My Wife (now Ex wife) prevented one payment from going to the IRS.

Later when I found out, I tried to make what the IRS calls an an offer in compromise; arguing the mitigated circumstances as well as the excessive penalties and interest (28,000 dollars on only 2000 owed)
They basically told me to go fuck myself, and pay up the 28 grand as well.

On principle I fought this and worked hard at "dodging" paying the
Bullshit penalties and interest, and tried to wait out their own ten year period, they extended it to 15 years.

I told the rest of the story about this just to illustrate the gestapo like powers of the IRS, they were even able to empty my bank account when I lived in Germany.

So the whole thing was to demonstrate the IRS Gestapo powers, from my own real life experiences.

So you know I lived in Germany and moved roughly 20 times over the twelve years or so NOT TO EVADE TAXES, but because I am a brave and patriotic American who was serving his country. I spent 15 years in the US Army and went to many combat zones and also helped prevent nuclear destruction of our country in nov 1983 when I was in army intelligence.

I am sure that if you found out that through no fault of your own you owed 2000 dollars to the IRS you had paid, You to would balk if they said You must pay us the 2000 dollars plus 28,000 dollars interest.

Just also FYI; after the extension to 15 years I got a tax attorney
and the IRS accepted a modified offer in compromise. It added only 5000 dollars. The attorney got an additional 3000 dollars.
So on the original 2000, I paid the 2000 plus another 7800 in refunds forfeited, plus the 3300 they stole from my account, plus 5000, plus 3 grand in attorney Fees.

I ended up paying roughly 23000 dollars for the 2000 dollars
Standing on my principles and fighting them saved me 5000.

So as you can see I Did pay all my taxes owed PLUS 21,000 Dollars

Under those circumstances there is no way you can call me a Tax dodging mooch....

You must also consider that I have worked for 33 1/2 years over the last 35 years.

I also helped to prevent the nuclear destruction of our country in 1983 and I have served 15 Years in the Army as well as fighting in IRAQ and Afghanistan.

So you see , there is no way you can accuse me of not paying and doing my fair share for our Country.

I bet you have done little or nothing that compares to what I have done for the USA; let me know if you have.

All that I have done for Country and Flag, I have earned my freedom of speech! Have you earned yours or was it just given to you ?

Perhaps you should apologize to me.....

If you don't feel like it , then just go ahead and go lick the asshole of your beloved Homo loving buddies lick Obama.
LION

Huntersville, NC

#674194 Jun 29, 2012
NEGROES

Anyof you guys get accounts with any black owned bank or black owned credit union this week?
carol

Orlando, FL

#674195 Jun 29, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar liar pants on fire.
What tax, Carol?
Los Angeles Times - Chief Justice John G. Roberts finding is that the individual mandate was a tax, not a penalty, and how that could hurt President Obama in November.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that over 10 years, individuals will pay $45 billion in mandate-related penalties. Employers will pay $96 billion.

The penalty will fall on anyone who doesn't obtain insurance, regardless of income. That's not an issue for the poor, who'll have Medicaid or generous subsidies for private insurance. But it is for the working- and middle-class families Obama has championed.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinion-l...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#674196 Jun 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
that's means less availability and greater restrictions for those who are paying the bills....
hardly seems fair...
It's not, at least not for the vast majority.
Nobama

United States

#674197 Jun 29, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot. Do you realize if you don't pay your tax, you get a penalty. That penalty is not a tax. Not buying insurance is a penalty. You can't play with words on this one.
if it's not a tax , it's not Constitutional....

Roberts played with words to save Obamacare (for some reason)...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#674198 Jun 29, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep thinking Democrats are two year olds?
JEB is an old Parrot Flunkie dumbass...
-
He's been on this thread as a complete idiot, selling himself as Patrick stuck inside Angela for years... A real F*ckup.. Something you would not want your kids to turn out and be...
-
JEB prefers to live forever ignorant and with his hand always out.. still has nothing and sold out, JEB forever doomed to idiot...
-
It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#674199 Jun 29, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very nice piece of fiction writing. It's Friday night, you or the irresponsible son the designated driver?
Keep attacking the son while saying i didn't hurt your feelings, everyone is buying it. Lol

:-)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#674200 Jun 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And you want to elect the at that doubled the debt & left office with the recession in action?
What?
carol

Orlando, FL

#674201 Jun 29, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar liar pants on fire.
What tax, Carol?
Huffington Post - Even analysts at liberal economic think tanks have said that the Affordable Care Act amounted to a $525 billion tax increase.

In a September 2009 interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos Obama insisted that his health care overhaul was "absolutely not a tax increase."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/29/robe...

Direct your "liar liar pants on fire" to "his highness".

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#674202 Jun 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the mandate that fixes the pre-existing conditions aspect.
carol, if you pass a bill that spends money where does the funding come from? How does the government get rev9293enues? When you figure that out, let me know.
A few posts up your loony left butty is attack family members. Keep acting like it doesn't happen.
carol

Orlando, FL

#674203 Jun 29, 2012
"You will not see your taxes increase one single dime. I repeat...not one single dime."
Barack Obama

Liar liar pants on fire.

21 new taxes in this new law...read it and weep...21 new taxes.
Amazed

Ocoee, FL

#674204 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone agreed with the pre-existing conditions part of the bill.
It's the lie we were told by Democrats and "his highness" to get this monstrosity passed and learning that their solution to this health care crisis was just more taxes.
Raise your sign if you don't agree.
Then you agree that Romney has nothing new to offer when it comes to health care. You like to be miserable by calling it a tax. It is a penalty to those that are not responsible enough to get health insurance. Some may not have because it was not affordable or available to them.

So you don't like it because it's from this Administration, but if it was Romney....Whoop! Whoop!!
LION

Huntersville, NC

#674205 Jun 29, 2012
Blacks need to stop whining and start taking responsibility for their fture.
We can have many future obamas.
LION

Huntersville, NC

#674206 Jun 29, 2012
Blacks can start by investing in their community. Start with black owned banks and black owned credit unions.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#674207 Jun 29, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
You just want us Conservatives to tell the truth?
Ok, you liberals are morons, and you might be their king!
Hey, we have said that before!
ObamaCare is wrong because it is NOT government's job to be a nanny. Period. Ever.
It flies in the face of self-determination, liberty and justice.
See if you can identify any of those words in the Founding Fathers intent!
Bet you could if you actually read them! But you prefer ignorance and a Big Brother Mommy paid for by anyone else (evil rich) but you.
Break out that Constitution and see if you can find SS, Medicare, wars against countries that didn't attack us, the "war" on drugs, the "war" on immigration, farm subsidies, oil subsidies, education, interstate highway system, FDIC, bailouts, etc. etc. etc.

Once you've addressed those you can start talking about "self-determination, liberty, and justice".
SADKO00301

Carlsbad, NM

#674208 Jun 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we should all pay attention to your vile homophobic rants.
I'd say that if you want some instant gratification(pun very much intended) you should go post your childish BS where it will be much more appreciated.
http://nation.foxnews.com/
Try to stay away from any Obama death threats whilst you visit the KKK hangout. The Secret Service is watching.
Yes perhaps you should pay attention to my Homophobic rants.

I am proud to be a homophobic person, homos are bad, they spread horrible diseases from their nasty sexual practices.

In fact I am not only a Homophobic person , but I have a hatred for openly homosexual things; these things do not need to be thrown in our faces, but the Homos have insisted. now people who are heterosexuals are selling out against their own nature and the bibles 2000 year old wisfod. I am not going to sell out, i will make fun of and publicly deride them of their graphic disgusting practices.

Unlike Obama I tend to agree with the 2000 year old wisdom in the bible that says being a homosexual is an abomination.

So it is Clear that I am a homophobic.

You have made it clear that you support or love these Homo abominations. you have made it clear you love to kiss Obama's ass
the head Homo ass kisser...

He approved Gay marriage and was even seen to go so low as to insult the (what should have been) private sexual performance of his wife
in front of a crowd of Homo's in order to curry favor and votes.

Anyone that Loves Homo's and Illegal Aliens enough to publicly insult his wife's sexual performance is nothing short of one of the biggest pieces of shit on this planet.

that is why I made the joke about Obama sucking illegal alien dick and swallowing loads of their cum in exchange for votes

it is very appropriate under the current political circumstances

so take that Gay asshole lover

Location hidden

#674209 Jun 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We have had this discussion a 1,000 times about the debt, go talk to your hero Reagan and then W.
Carol's such a broken record ...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#674210 Jun 29, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, how about a dose of reality.
There are not 3 different taxes.
It's called an estate tax, and granny would have to be something like a member of the Walmart clan to pay....only estates in excess of $5 million qualify, and only the value over $5 million is subject to the 35% tax.
Thats the way it is now, who you think is going to have to pay for all this, foolio

Location hidden

#674211 Jun 29, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on smart man, figure it out. The penalty for not buying insurance is a tax....
How're you going to repeal it through revenue legislation?

I know, y'all thought it sounded good so ya went with it.

Its ok, I know.

Location hidden

#674212 Jun 29, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It does when you're talking about health care. Goal line stays put! Ha!
Understand: you think the only freeloaders out their are the ones that don't buy health insurance.

Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 255,247
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 311,146
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Evan 32,266
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web