Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277998 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Windermere, FL

#665016 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never asked you that.
Seriously, early onset Alzheimer's is nothing to mess around with.
Tenzing: "No, you were calling Donaldson a liar 'cause he recognized that some people don't like Obama 'cause he's black."

Who else would Donaldson have been referring to "not liking Obama 'cause he's black" if not his opposition?

So, basically, you DID infer one political party had all the racists. Defending his comment is proof enough.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665017 Jun 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
gas up the buses, hire some unemployed drivers, and off we go...
shovel-ready jobs...
Green jobs?

+++

"The Obama administration is going around saying they created 3 million green jobs – in other words, lying through their teeth."

http://www.gothamresistance.com/2012/06/09/gr...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665018 Jun 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you my son. You really need it. Trust me on this one.
You heard that sneeze?
HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#665019 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Did YOU know people can become Gods,
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! knows all about it!!
He is a $4,000,000 member...
Does a God then have to abide by laws of man?
Does everyone have to worship this man God?
People want to know!!
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! does not talk about it,
But I say money talks louder anyway:
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! demands a tax cut right now,
50 times a day on TV,
Cut my taxes.....rich guy needs a break!
Your belief that Obama is a god will cause you heartache when you find out Obama is actually a member of the Mormon church, even though he has not been able to hear anything they said for 20 years.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665020 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the whole point
The "point" is the less charities have to give to those in need, the more they will look to the government.
carol

Windermere, FL

#665021 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right, I'm sure he's given up by now.
He never gives up. We do.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665022 Jun 19, 2012
3 STRIKES NBC

1. The Black "racist" gunman at AZ Obama rally.

2. Zimmerman's "racist" description of Martin.

3. Romney's "gaffe".

You're out.

(Imagine if this was FOX?)
Nobama

Reading, PA

#665024 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what the problem is. Since the Republicans could not get their way, they opted not to help.
Think of this country as a football team. We are First & goal from the two.
The coach (Democrat President) calls for a run up the middle. Some of the players, Republicans, aid no, it is best to run a fade pattern to the corner.
So the run is called.
The Republicans players decided that if the run up the middle would be successful, it would make the coach look good. But they also knew if that run failed , that it would make the coach look bad.
So when the ball was snapped, the Republican players did not block.
The play only gained a yard.
The Republican plays jumped up & blamed the coach for calling the wrong play.
This is the Republican Party in Congress.
They had their spending plan to fight the recession. But their plan was not chosen even though both plans contained a lot of similar things & both plans spent hundreds of billions of dollars.
Here is what the Republicans should have done if they actually gave a rat's ass about this country. Fight for their plan. Fight to get their ideas into any plan. But when the vote is taken & a plan chosen, they should have said" You know, this plan is not our first choice but we all need to get behind it for the good of this country"
Instead they lied about this plan.
They bitched & moaned & cheered every bad economic report & played down every good economic report.
The Republicans proved they wanted the White House more than they wanted us to recover.
your analogy sucks because the President is not the coach, but just another player....

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665025 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Did YOU know people can become Gods
Yes, and here is your proof.

+++

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665026 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing: "No, you were calling Donaldson a liar 'cause he recognized that some people don't like Obama 'cause he's black."
Who else would Donaldson have been referring to "not liking Obama 'cause he's black" if not his opposition?
So, basically, you DID infer one political party had all the racists. Defending his comment is proof enough.
How do you even get there? In simple terms:

Donaldson says some on the right don't like Obama because of race.

Your conclusion:

Donaldson says all racists are in one political party.

You are seriously fu ck ed up woman.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#665027 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Meathead!!!
Correction. DumbDave is a Rancid Meathead.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665028 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
job number one,
reverse the affordable care act!!
Really?
Yes, really.

In fact the Supreme Court should take care of that little matter any day now.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#665029 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Did YOU know people can become Gods,
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! knows all about it!!
He is a $4,000,000 member...
Does a God then have to abide by laws of man?
Does everyone have to worship this man God?
People want to know!!
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! does not talk about it,
But I say money talks louder anyway:
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! demands a tax cut right now,
50 times a day on TV,
Cut my taxes.....rich guy needs a break!
We know you think so. How's the worshipping of your despot Obama going?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#665031 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
job number one,
reverse the affordable care act!!
Really?
hey,
Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
That will put almost 7 million newly insured,
right back on the street with no coverage!
What then, Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
Medical Insurance,
it's only for rich guys pulling in $1,650,000 a month,
like: Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH,
but Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
many of these newly insured got on their parents plans because the aca made that possible,
many of these parents are Republicans?
oh yeah, millions of them!
Can YOU say Palin, again, just like last time!
Millions of republicans will vote FOR OBAMA, again!
JUST LIKE LAST TIME!!!
Sorry Mitt Mitt the POS!!! YOU lose!
Don't worry dummy. SCOUS might correct the Democrats illegal acts this month.
Did you fall on head a lot when you were a kid?
dum_4_my_ ntire_life

Euless, TX

#665033 Jun 19, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>So what's the Alternative Voting for an Empty Corporate Fascist Suit like Mitt Willard Romney? America being turned into a 2 Class Society Rich and Poor because I guarantee you and all the FOX News Brain Washed Sheep that your buying Right into the propoganda and hands of the enemy! You will get what you deserve if you all vote for Romney!
You will get another War Bomb! Bomb! Bomb! Iran!!
Your Unemployment, Social Security and Medicare and Affordable Health Care will be Taken from all of us!!
We will then really be in Conundrum and Depression if the Corporate Fascist Koch Brothers get their way!!!
Get a job, educate yourself and u won't need:
medicare, medicaid, foodstamps, or
U left mommys boob for the democratic one...
You are headed for extinction.....
carol

Windermere, FL

#665034 Jun 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol and I will say a prayer for you. Lest those demons within you completely eat away your last bit of comprehension.
Even if we got down on our knees and prayed as hard as we could, I'm not sure politics is on the list of heavenly priorities.

However, all blessings DO come from above. Just not all of us believe that. Ask RealDave. They come from Obama.

But even for our RealDave, hope does spring eternal...

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#665035 Jun 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
your analogy sucks because the President is not the coach, but just another player....
Its not relevant to the point.

The point is that the Republican Party is supposed to be a member of team USA.

They didn't get their way so not only did they decided not to help but they actively tried to make things worse by spreading lies & cheering bad economic news.

The number of jobs created is lower than... Republicans "See SeeSee what I told you,. We are doomed!"

The unemployment rate fell to... Republicans " Yea but the real unemployment number is blah blah blah & "
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#665036 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what the problem is. Since the Republicans could not get their way, they opted not to help.
Think of this country as a football team. We are First & goal from the two.
The coach (Democrat President) calls for a run up the middle. Some of the players, Republicans, aid no, it is best to run a fade pattern to the corner.
So the run is called.
The Republicans players decided that if the run up the middle would be successful, it would make the coach look good. But they also knew if that run failed , that it would make the coach look bad.
So when the ball was snapped, the Republican players did not block.
The play only gained a yard.
The Republican plays jumped up & blamed the coach for calling the wrong play.
This is the Republican Party in Congress.
They had their spending plan to fight the recession. But their plan was not chosen even though both plans contained a lot of similar things & both plans spent hundreds of billions of dollars.
Here is what the Republicans should have done if they actually gave a rat's ass about this country. Fight for their plan. Fight to get their ideas into any plan. But when the vote is taken & a plan chosen, they should have said" You know, this plan is not our first choice but we all need to get behind it for the good of this country"
Instead they lied about this plan.
They bitched & moaned & cheered every bad economic report & played down every good economic report.
The Republicans proved they wanted the White House more than they wanted us to recover.
You can blame the Republican's for Listening to the Far Right Radical Tea Bagger Organization and the Koch Brothers for Transforming America into a 100% Corporate Fascist Nation!!

The party of No will never listen the The Party of Disrespect to Our President will Never Listen!!!
carol

Windermere, FL

#665037 Jun 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, really.
In fact the Supreme Court should take care of that little matter any day now.
The ruling will be this week or next reportedly.

The suspense is becoming unbearable.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#665038 Jun 19, 2012
dum_4_my_ ntire_life wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job, educate yourself and u won't need:
medicare, medicaid, foodstamps, or
U left mommys boob for the democratic one...
You are headed for extinction.....
Get a Life You Far Right Loser Wannabe Mitlitant without access to Unemployment Benefits and Health Care Your Sorry Jack Azz Loving Corporate Radical Fascist would be History!!! You live of the Boob of The Koch Brothers You Darn Loser I'll bet you can't even hold a Real Job much less have any formal Education except if you consider listening to Rush Bimbo and Glenn Beck "U' University count for an education??? Get A Life You Far Right Loser Before I stick My Boot Up Your Sorry Arse!!!!! JaJaJaJaJaJa!!!!!=)!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 247,632
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 6,953
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr stewart scott 29,956
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web