Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250258 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#664994 Jun 19, 2012
Voyager I 11 trillion miles from Terra. Leaving the Solar System headed into interstellar space! Godspeed Voyager I. Still functioning fine after 30 some years. Still sending back data.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#664995 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the monopoly on stupid generalizations it would seem.
Asking whether I believe if there aren't any racists in just one party, for example.
I've never asked you that.

Seriously, early onset Alzheimer's is nothing to mess around with.
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664996 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you best get a lot more money relegated to immigration.If you are saying that the President must deport each &every illegal, then you best be prepared top cough up more money.
gas up the buses, hire some unemployed drivers, and off we go...

shovel-ready jobs...
carol

Windermere, FL

#664997 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to apologize to the baby Jesus for lying then fetch me another pot pie.
Chicken this time.
No pot pie for you. And Jesus knows no apology is necessary.
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664998 Jun 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
More;
ABC News reports that President Obama Wednesday "had lunch with two service members and two local barbers at Kenny's BBQ on Capitol Hill":
As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.
The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.
The White House eventually settled the tab. Yesterday we had a chuckle at the expense of what the New York Times called Obama's "fresh metaphor": "It's like somebody goes to a restaurant, orders a big steak dinner, martini, all that stuff, and then, just as you're sitting down, they leave, and accuse you of running up the tab!"
We didn't realize how fresh the metaphor was.
did Moochelle approve of the menu???....

that meal would probably be illegal in New York...

is it racist when steak is "bad" and soul food is "good"???....
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664999 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We know y'all have a problem, that's what Donaldson was alluding to.
didn't even know Donaldson was still alive...

what put his career in the crapper???...
Nobama

Reading, PA

#665000 Jun 19, 2012
Romney 48, Obama 44
carol

Windermere, FL

#665001 Jun 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
More;
ABC News reports that President Obama Wednesday "had lunch with two service members and two local barbers at Kenny's BBQ on Capitol Hill":
As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.
The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.
The White House eventually settled the tab. Yesterday we had a chuckle at the expense of what the New York Times called Obama's "fresh metaphor": "It's like somebody goes to a restaurant, orders a big steak dinner, martini, all that stuff, and then, just as you're sitting down, they leave, and accuse you of running up the tab!"
We didn't realize how fresh the metaphor was.
How utterly apropos!

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#665002 Jun 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
it is wrong to "help in the (misguided) effort"...
This is exactly what the problem is. Since the Republicans could not get their way, they opted not to help.

Think of this country as a football team. We are First & goal from the two.

The coach (Democrat President) calls for a run up the middle. Some of the players, Republicans, aid no, it is best to run a fade pattern to the corner.

So the run is called.

The Republicans players decided that if the run up the middle would be successful, it would make the coach look good. But they also knew if that run failed , that it would make the coach look bad.

So when the ball was snapped, the Republican players did not block.

The play only gained a yard.

The Republican plays jumped up & blamed the coach for calling the wrong play.

This is the Republican Party in Congress.

They had their spending plan to fight the recession. But their plan was not chosen even though both plans contained a lot of similar things & both plans spent hundreds of billions of dollars.

Here is what the Republicans should have done if they actually gave a rat's ass about this country. Fight for their plan. Fight to get their ideas into any plan. But when the vote is taken & a plan chosen, they should have said" You know, this plan is not our first choice but we all need to get behind it for the good of this country"

Instead they lied about this plan.

They bitched & moaned & cheered every bad economic report & played down every good economic report.

The Republicans proved they wanted the White House more than they wanted us to recover.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#665003 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We know y'all have a problem, that's what Donaldson was alluding to.
LOL, who cares what Sam Donaldson thinks? Washed up has been with bad breath and a horrific hair piece. You cannot be serious.

Location hidden

#665004 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
Voyager I 11 trillion miles from Terra. Leaving the Solar System headed into interstellar space! Godspeed Voyager I. Still functioning fine after 30 some years. Still sending back data.
Good thing we had all those Mexicans to pick our lettuce and mow our lawns so we could build neat stuff like interstellar probes huh?
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#665006 Jun 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
did Moochelle approve of the menu???....
that meal would probably be illegal in New York...
is it racist when steak is "bad" and soul food is "good"???....
Special incuded one gallon buckets of mountain dew. Oh and free refills.

Location hidden

#665007 Jun 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No pot pie for you. And Jesus knows no apology is necessary.
You're probably right, I'm sure he's given up by now.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#665008 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what the problem is. Since the Republicans could not get their way, they opted not to help.
The coach (Democrat President) calls for a run up the middle. Some of the players, Republicans, aid no, it is best to run a fade pattern to the corner.
So the run is called.
The Republicans players decided that if the run up the middle would be successful, it would make the coach look good. But they also knew if that run failed , that it would make the coach look bad.
They had their spending plan to fight the recession. But their plan was not chosen even though both plans contained a lot of similar things & both plans spent hundreds of billions of dollars.
Here is what the Republicans should have done if they actually gave a rat's ass about this country. Fight for their plan. Fight to get their ideas into any plan. But when the vote is taken & a plan chosen, they should have said" You know, this plan is not our first choice but we all need to get behind it for the good of this country"
They bitched & moaned & cheered every bad economic report & played down every good economic report.
The Republicans proved they wanted the White House more than they wanted us to recover.
Meathead!!!
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#665009 Jun 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So the run is called.
Carol and I will say a prayer for you. Lest those demons within you completely eat away your last bit of comprehension.

Location hidden

#665010 Jun 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, who cares what Sam Donaldson thinks? Washed up has been with bad breath and a horrific hair piece. You cannot be serious.
Evidently Carol does.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#665011 Jun 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right, I'm sure he's given up by now.
Bless you my son. You really need it. Trust me on this one.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#665012 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
Very cool.

Must be a tad frustrating to the project scientists that the data-gathering equipment on the probes is so antiquated.
HIRE the GOP

Lakewood, NJ

#665013 Jun 19, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the whole point DB!!
The "church" who gets Mitt Mitt the POS!!!
$4,000,000
gives less in charity each year as a %
than dow companies like wally world!!
And the "churh" is a non-profit!!
The Lord, in the one true church,
now owns a $5,000,000,000 Mall,
$5 BILLION...
Wow!
in Utah....look it up!!
that aint charity, DB!!!
Mitt Mitt the POS!!! YOUR gonna lose!!!
Romney has you so scared. Sorry.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#665015 Jun 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Meathead!!!
But, of course, he is a guy that actually believes obamacare will pay for itself. LOL, you cannot be be more naive than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min NoahLovesU 243,032
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr theOX 6,208
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 1 hr theOX 1,622
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr KeS 201,822
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 10 hr Fart Mower 20
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,828
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web