Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1249995 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655677 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's put back in power the party which caused the current mess.
You're right...anything would be better than continuing to rot under the incompetence of the Obama administration.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655679 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
Unfinished wars, anyone? More record debt? More Wall Street rip-offs? Vote for Mitt.
You mean Obama...that's what we have had for his entire presidency, thanks to his incompetence and the blind, deaf and dumb worship of fools such as you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655680 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer women keep things out of their own vaginas before a child is conceived...if you get my drift.
Or take precautions if they don't. It's not that complicated.
I agree, it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; but you can't legislate human behavior, there are a lot of dumb people, and then there are those that make mistakes. We're human.
I say, pass out free birth control pills; it's a win win all the way around.
I think therefore I am

Coffeyville, KS

#655681 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's put back in power the party which caused the current mess.
Oh please....the damage the Bush caused under any president that knew what he was doing would have been turned around by now. Obama came in and spent more in less than four years than Bush did with two unfunded wars and in office for eight years. This is Obama's baby now, and American's are real sick of the "but what about what Bush handed me" excuse Obama has used his entire presidency. When did he plan on taking over as president and accepting the responsibility of the job anyway? He may have thought he would just get a free ride through his presidency and then get re-elected but he was sadly mistaken.

Why his base, as far as the blacks and hispanics go, would continue to support him is beyond most people with common sense. It must be the race thing because their unemployment rate is the highest of any other group. So how has the "hopey changey thing" working for you anyway?

Obama doesn't get to steal all the credit for what others do that make a positive change in this country and then pass the buck on the responsibility for what is destroying our country. He is president and the buck stops with him no matter what he may want.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655682 Jun 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you posted this because it says Saddam kicked UN inspectors out in 1998, is that correct? Is that y'all's problem? You are aware that they returned in 2002 and were still active when we told them to evacuate in 2003 so we could invade right? Right? I mean, ya'll didn't miss that didja? Its kind of important since Hans Blix was telling Bush et. al. that there was no evidence of WMD and that Saddam was cooperating and that we shouldn't invade. Did y'all miss that?
All things considered, who gives a shit? Fkn Jefferson and his Embargo ... that's what did it. LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655684 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
Unfinished wars, anyone? More record debt? More Wall Street rip-offs? Vote for Mitt.
Lookin' forward to it ... an improvement over what we have. LOL Bring it on, boy; bring it on.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655685 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And why not, Lily? Just because most of them are Christian-based schools?
It's a parent's choice. Doesn't that mean anything? A parent's right to choose even if you don't like the choice? Really, Lily? Is that what you're saying?
Would you mind paying for Muslim-based schools?
Nevermind, I know your answer.
Yes I would mind; and that's funny, I was going to say that if the public tax payer has to pay for religious indoctrination; well then it would have to be fair; christian, Hebrew school, Muslim schools, and on and on, I'm sure you can't fathom that.
I have no use for organized religion, it's a business and teaches people to hate others. I'm sure that is not what God intended.
I sent my children to Lutheran school and paid for it myself. After middle school, they went to public high school. Everyone has a choice, pay for it.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655686 Jun 3, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; but you can't legislate human behavior, there are a lot of dumb people, and then there are those that make mistakes. We're human.
I say, pass out free birth control pills; it's a win win all the way around.
... and hump anything, everything, and everyone until you drop. Right? LOL America ... one big Hump-A-Thon.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655687 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, guess Obama took down the plaque on the president's desk in the Oval Office that once said, "The buck stops here."
He probably changed it out to read, "The buck stops anywhere but here."
While President Obama was attending a series of fundraisers in Minnesota on Friday, he made the unexpected decision to pardon an (adorable) criminal he met at one of the functions. Tyler Sullivan is in the fifth grade, according to HyperVocal, and he skipped school on Friday to attend go to work with his dad, Ryan Sullivan. The President was scheduled to make an appearance at the Honeywell factory where the elder Sullivan works. The Sullivan two would up meeting the President, and Obama didn't hesitate to whip out the Presidential parchment and write a note to Tyler's fifth grade teacher Mrs. Ackerman explaining his absence. A "he was with me!" note from the President should do the trick!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655688 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes I would mind; and that's funny, I was going to say that if the public tax payer has to pay for religious indoctrination; well then it would have to be fair; christian, Hebrew school, Muslim schools, and on and on, I'm sure you can't fathom that.
I have no use for organized religion, it's a business and teaches people to hate others. I'm sure that is not what God intended.
I sent my children to Lutheran school and paid for it myself. After middle school, they went to public high school. Everyone has a choice, pay for it.
... hate the sin; love the sinner. God daaaaamn, America! Condom?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655689 Jun 3, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
... and hump anything, everything, and everyone until you drop. Right? LOL America ... one big Hump-A-Thon.
That's interesting; so you want to control when and how people have sex too?
You don't want them to have sex
You don't want them have birth control
You don't want them to get pregnant before marriage
You don't want them to have an abortion

Here's a hint dummy; the state is raising 500,000 unwanted kids in fostercare.
Birth control pills is a cheap solution.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655690 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>
While President Obama was attending a series of fundraisers in Minnesota on Friday, he made the unexpected decision to pardon an (adorable) criminal he met at one of the functions. Tyler Sullivan is in the fifth grade, according to HyperVocal, and he skipped school on Friday to attend go to work with his dad, Ryan Sullivan. The President was scheduled to make an appearance at the Honeywell factory where the elder Sullivan works. The Sullivan two would up meeting the President, and Obama didn't hesitate to whip out the Presidential parchment and write a note to Tyler's fifth grade teacher Mrs. Ackerman explaining his absence. A "he was with me!" note from the President should do the trick!
Isn't that precious? LOL Ranks right up there with the Gettyburg Address. Maybe they can build a library around that. I heard the Bammy library will be very small and shaped like the letter "F" ...for failure. LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655691 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>
That's interesting; so you want to control when and how people have sex too?
You don't want them to have sex
You don't want them have birth control
You don't want them to get pregnant before marriage
You don't want them to have an abortion
Here's a hint dummy; the state is raising 500,000 unwanted kids in fostercare.
Birth control pills is a cheap solution.
... keeping legs closed is even cheaper ... and safer. Hump away, kiddies! LOL
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#655693 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>
I have no use for organized religion, it's a business and teaches people to hate others.
But you're fine with organized politics, a business which teaches people to hate those with opposing ideas.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#655694 Jun 3, 2012
Since February, more than 400,000 workers in 25 states have lost access to the federal Extended Benefits program, which previously provided a final 13 to 20 weeks of unemployment insurance to the longest-term unemployed.

[W]hat distinguishes this last recession and its slow recovery is the unprecedented level of long-term unemployment. Of our nation's more than 12.7 million unemployed, more than 5 million -- 42%-- have been out of work for six months or longer. Nearly one in three have been out of work for more than a year.

+++

It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ...

I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655695 Jun 3, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're fine with organized politics, a business which teaches people to hate those with opposing ideas.
Drunk again? Have a donut and sleep it off
cway

United States

#655696 Jun 3, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> You somehow forgot to mention following your Obama worship service that the incompetent Obama hasn't been one bit successful in fixing it.
Not true.

The March, 2009 bail-outs saved GM, AIG and the banks. Financial markets stabilized. Unemployment hit a peak of 9.8%.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655697 Jun 3, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
... keeping legs closed is even cheaper ... and safer. Hump away, kiddies! LOL
Tell that to your mama, then she woudln't have brought another retardican into this world.
cway

United States

#655699 Jun 3, 2012
Keep whining that Obama is responsible for Bush's failure.

That's all you guys have.

And it doesn't fly.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#655701 Jun 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
You live in Bumf uck, WA, pop. 12.
They probably bring it in on mule trains.
"dumos"
And you live, Craphole, USA and you do not worry about how it gets there, you syphon the gas you use from your neighbors cars.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 min Earthling-1 6,197
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min Thinking 242,968
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 3 hr Goose 1,619
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr tom wingo 29,828
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Sun tom wingo 5
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 RiccardoFire 201,821
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 26 STO 310,175
More from around the web