Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1535890 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

leos_doo_du_goes 2_MIT

Blanchard, OK

#651849 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Know where that bastion of republican ideals--second only to half-Koched Walker--John Kasich used to work (besides Faux)? When you're really, really a 1%, you can hedge your bets as well as your funds.
How much of your teacher retirement is in hedge funds? Stock funds or are you in the standard madoff setup?
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651850 May 27, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
corporate america gives to both parties
The simple truth is that corporate America Owns both parties.
Where have you been?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#651851 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was planning to go to dinner with a Sultan, the invitation stated that I would be able to talk to one of his wives."
I got the same invite. You must be special like I am.
You didn't have to be special,you just needed to use the services of American Express travel services.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#651852 May 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People around the world don't give a rat's patutie what you believe.
They do care when we bribe their leaders, steal their resources. invade their countries, & decide who should lead their country.
How do they feel about gay marriage?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#651853 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was planning to go to dinner with a Sultan, the invitation stated that I would be able to talk to one of his wives."
An invitation doesn't necessarily require anyone to attend. I have received an invitation to The Governors Ball every year for over thirty years even though I haven't attended since 1980.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651854 May 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Redistribution of wealth.
Those on the right take this & run screaming through the streets how Obama wants to take from the rich & give it to the poor.
In reality, redistribution of wealth has nothing to do with taking or handing out anything.
It has nothing to do with the lie of equal outcomes.
Economics is tied to mathematics.
In mathematics a distribution is how attributes are "distributed" in a population.
The Bell Curve thought of in school grading is a distribution.
If we look at a pie chart of how the total wealth in this country is spread out in the entire population by class. The Poor slice would be represented by certain size, the Lower Middle Class Slice another size, and so on the with the upper middle class & the wealthy.
It really doesn't matter what metric you use to define these classes.
If we did this in 1950, this pie chary would represent the "Distribution of Wealth" in the US.
If we did the same pie chart in 2006, The slice held by the wealthy would be much larger while the slice by others would be smaller.
This would represent a "redistribution of Wealth" as the slices changed sizes.
Keep in mind the 2006 pie represents a lot more wealth than the 1950 pie.
How did that wealthy slice get so much bigger? Did they steal money from the others??
Not really. It just as the total wealth in this country grew, the Middle Class & Poor saw little of it & the wealthy got most of it.
The rich got richer, more became more, and the Middle Class stagnated.
This was done partly by things like the tax code.
We are headed towards a country where you have most of the wealth held by a small percentage of the people.
So when Obama talks about redistribution of wealth, he is talking about changing that trend & allowing the Middle Class to earn a larger share of this country's growth of wealth.
When Paul Ryan talks about eliminating capital gains & dividend taxes, he is redistributing the wealth.
The Bush tax curs redistributed the wealth.
So, Redistribution has nothing to do with taking money & distributing it to others.
A distribution is an economic / mathematical term to show how an attribute is spread out in a population.
Redistribution is changing that.
Very nice two-step.

Redistribution of wealth is most often referred to as progressive redistribution from the rich to the poor.

If you don't think that's what Obama means to do, can you do the Rumba?
JEB

United States

#651855 May 27, 2012
Leaving with some good music that is Not political

&fe ature=related
carol

Orlando, FL

#651856 May 27, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
corporate america gives to both parties
Tell that to RealDave.
JEB

United States

#651857 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple truth is that corporate America Owns both parties.
Where have you been?
posting music and realizing that I have suspected this for years

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#651858 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely clueless then.
Goldman Sachs, Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co were in the top 4 of Obama's contributors.
This is not true.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php...

If you want to see Wall Street suport, check out Bush in 2004. 10 out of the top ten?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres04/contrib.php...
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651859 May 27, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't have to be special,you just needed to use the services of American Express travel services.
Indeed. Must be I got the invite because I bought five Russian wives using my American Express card. That makes sense now, like frequent flyer miles.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651860 May 27, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you would kill thousands of babies too if you thought it would save your as s.
And you're a heartless big baboon.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#651861 May 27, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if there's a single Middle Easterner who gives a rat's as s whether or not you marry Gunner.
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651862 May 27, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure ask a lot of gay questions. Just tie the knot already. Nobody really cares what you do.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#651863 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he also a Nigerian bringing you your eight million for a small fee up front?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#651864 May 27, 2012
JEB wrote:
Leaving with some good music that is Not political
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6jxsnIRpy2EXX&feature=rel ated
I was just playing Knofler/Clapton videos for my son.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651865 May 27, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
taxes are a price of civilization
Not talking about taxes. Talking about big government having the power to take other people's money and giving it to someone else at their discretion.

Charity is what people are supposed to do out of the goodness of their heart - which many people do. Even wealthy people.
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651866 May 27, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
posting music and realizing that I have suspected this for years
I hear ya.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#651867 May 27, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Eman says the American Conservative is a "liberal rag", must be why we read it.
Why don't you try telling the truth once in your life? This remind me of when you claimed i said martin died at 3am "for days".

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#651868 May 27, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch, you hurt my feeling.
Hahahaha...quit proving what a stupid fck you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 49 min Rather phartsx 33,107
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 hr superwilly 258,471
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web