Barracks Road Shopping Center Repairs...

Barracks Road Shopping Center Repairs Delayed

There are 6 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 17, 2013, titled Barracks Road Shopping Center Repairs Delayed. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Shops damaged by the fire at Plow and Hearth in Charlottesville are hoping to get up and running as soon as possible, but that's proving to be difficult.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Dan Wiseman

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 20, 2013
IF you cannot re open because of delays by the OWNERS of Barracks Road,YOU should NOT be
paying any RENT to them either. I bet if any/all of the shop owners that are still closed did that...WA~LA....the work would get done.......
Concerned in crozet

Nathalie, VA

#2 Jan 20, 2013
The owners of Barracks Rd shopping center seem to be biting the hands that feed them of late. First they force out a car repair shop, toy store, Blue Ridge and Hallmark store that has been there for years. Now they are dragging there feet on these renovations after the fire. Oh and lets not forget Padow's...they were forced out to! If it weren't for Micheal's I wouldn't step foot in that shopping center.
Wanda Dragus

South Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 20, 2013
Eh, flash forward 50 year...headlines to read "Barracks Road Shopping center to be new location for UVA Parking Garage" !
sunny

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 20, 2013
I'm not a business owner so I may be ignorant - but doesn't insurance cover this kind of loss?
Rita

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Wanda Dragus wrote:
Eh, flash forward 50 year...headlines to read "Barracks Road Shopping center to be new location for UVA Parking Garage" !
There may be more truth to this statement than you think.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 21, 2013
sunny wrote:
I'm not a business owner so I may be ignorant - but doesn't insurance cover this kind of loss?
Yes but the owner or insurance agent will still seek out the lowest bidder for repairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Okay 1,659,974
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Susanm 322,335
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) 22 min illikad 14
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Anthony Ramon 35,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
More from around the web