Pat Summitt files for divorce after 2...

Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage

There are 144 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Aug 16, 2007, titled Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

University of Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt has filed for divorce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

if your gonna be mean

Auburn Hills, MI

#87 Aug 17, 2007
a blizzy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry spelling Bee champion of 1958. I dont use the word in text very often. But she does look like a "dyke" You have to agree with me. She has shorter hair then I do.
Did'nt know that the length of hair labeled someone as a "DYKE", but boy that Woman can Coach! She kicks all kind of A#% on the basketball court and just because she lead her girls to win 7 championships for the Wonderful, Glorious, Sunny City of Knoxville, TENNESSEE does not mean you should bash her. So no I don't agree with you. Her personal life is just that, personal.
peyton chesney

Athens, GA

#88 Aug 17, 2007
So she didn't win it for UT, but for the slovenly octagenarians that inhabit the smoggy, generic, architecturally abominable strip of sprawl called Knoxville?

Maybe she can get an endosement deal with "the Walmarts"!!!
Orange-Bald-Sky- VOLfan

Kingsport, TN

#89 Aug 18, 2007
This is not news? This woman is ripping off UT EVERY year and this is not news? I hope it all comes out in the open. If it does this whole town will see they have been LIED to for the past 30 years.

BTW, they have been seperated for over a year.
if your gonna be mean

Auburn Hills, MI

#90 Aug 18, 2007
peyton chesney wrote:
So she didn't win it for UT, but for the slovenly octagenarians that inhabit the smoggy, generic, architecturally abominable strip of sprawl called Knoxville?
Maybe she can get an endosement deal with "the Walmarts"!!!
Guess your a little bitter,huh? UT is in Knoxville, and what would the Smoky Mountains be without the Smoke (SMOG). Walmart is a good endorsement(check your spelling there on endorsement), but I bet you would prefer Ted Turner...
peyton chesney

Phenix City, AL

#91 Aug 18, 2007
Knoxville is nothing. You people are destroying the beauty with sprawl. But I guess the demand for funnel cakes, fudge, and airbrushed T-shirts is just too great. HA

Shouldn't you be beating the rush shopping for some discount Christmas sweaters?

I wuold prefer Ted Turner to Walmart??? What does that mean? One is a store, one is a person.

Nice try, Ellie Mae.
If youre gonna be a hick

Phenix City, AL

#92 Aug 18, 2007
Ask St. Pat about Holly Warlick!!!
If youre gonna be a hick

Phenix City, AL

#93 Aug 18, 2007
You people are a bunch of jocksniffers!!!

Maybe if you left "the holler" once in a while, you would see yourselves the way the rest of the world does. Oh wait, please don't. Keep thinking that UT is elite in football, that it has a nice campus, that David Keith is a star, and that Kenny Chesney is straight (and Dolly for that matter). I love it when people keep their head in the sand! Quite entertaining!
If youre gonna be a hick

Phenix City, AL

#94 Aug 18, 2007
And yes, I was referring to Pat Summitt's jock. Holly says it is quite substantial!
if your gonna be mean

Auburn Hills, MI

#95 Aug 18, 2007
How did you figure out my real name....that's just creapy. Your spelling still stinks. I still say Pat's personal life is personal and the silly attacks people are posting here are just RUDE! Sorry if that offends you, but that is my opinion and I am not ashamed to post that so nah nah nah booboo and have a good day :)

“It's Always Somethin'”

Since: Jul 07

Morristown

#96 Aug 18, 2007
peyton chesney wrote:
Knoxville is nothing. You people are destroying the beauty with sprawl. But I guess the demand for funnel cakes, fudge, and airbrushed T-shirts is just too great. HA
Shouldn't you be beating the rush shopping for some discount Christmas sweaters?
I wuold prefer Ted Turner to Walmart??? What does that mean? One is a store, one is a person.
Nice try, Ellie Mae.
Yo Jethro,
If Knoxville is such a bad place, why is your screen name the same as two of the people that are worshipped around here?..Peyton and K. Chesney. We all know that Peyton is like a god to some here in the scruffy city. And we all can have our opinions about Kenny, but he IS from little ole Luttrell which is a "suburb" of greater Knoxville.
And about the funnel cakes and sprayed t-shirts, you are a little bit off on your locales. Those would be available up in Sevier County for the most part.
No matter what Pat is or isn't, she has more class in her little finger than you would ever hope to have. And I'm sure she has more money than you, too.
Rick Dew

Kingsport, TN

#97 Aug 19, 2007
Go Pat Go. I wonder if her old man swings my way?
Charter Vol

Waynesboro, TN

#98 Aug 21, 2007
if your gonna be mean wrote:
How did you figure out my real name....that's just creapy. Your spelling still stinks. I still say Pat's personal life is personal and the silly attacks people are posting here are just RUDE! Sorry if that offends you, but that is my opinion and I am not ashamed to post that so nah nah nah booboo and have a good day :)
Hey danm it ! I do not allow nah nah nah boo boo posts ! If this was the board that I moderate you'd be long gone.
SHARKY

Birmingham, AL

#99 Aug 23, 2007
Charter Vol wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be that shallow, ignorant, and just dumb. Pay attention or just shut up.
I WAS REFERRING MY COMMENT ABOUT BRUCE PEARL AND HIS AFFAIRS NOT PAT.
SO GO BLOW SMOKE SOMEWHERE ELSE CAUSE YOU DONE GOT OFF TRACK. AGAIN.

“A fun Republican Folk Singer”

Since: Jul 07

Maryville

#100 Aug 23, 2007
SHARKY

If I were in ALA I don't think I would ever
throw stones at UT coaches!

PS
Charter Vol is kind of like
a living god around all
of the boards up here. He can't even
work the frozen food aisle at
Kroger without being mobbed by adoring
fans. Bet you had no idea
you were talking to a star of that
magnitude!
Charter Vol

Waynesboro, TN

#102 Aug 23, 2007
SHARKY wrote:
<quoted text>I WAS REFERRING MY COMMENT ABOUT BRUCE PEARL AND HIS AFFAIRS NOT PAT.
SO GO BLOW SMOKE SOMEWHERE ELSE CAUSE YOU DONE GOT OFF TRACK. AGAIN.
Blow smoke ?! I'll swoop in on you like a bee keeper !
tncvols1

Bradenton, FL

#103 Aug 23, 2007
volhater wrote:
u know, if ANYTHING goes on with anyone associated with ut, it is treated as if it is absolute national news. who gives a s***? she's no better than any other person who files for divorce.
I wouldn't say treated like absolute national news, but you obviously mistaken the association with 'RESPECT" recognize.
SHARKY

Birmingham, AL

#104 Aug 24, 2007
Walker Johnson wrote:
SHARKY
If I were in ALA I don't think I would ever
throw stones at UT coaches!
PS
Charter Vol is kind of like
a living god around all
of the boards up here. He can't even
work the frozen food aisle at
Kroger without being mobbed by adoring
fans. Bet you had no idea
you were talking to a star of that
magnitude!
First of all, I am not from AL I live right here in Tennessee. Secondly, I wasnt throwing stones. If you will look back at my comments I was asking where he got information that Bruce Pearl was also sleeping around with team players moms. If he is gonna say that kind of stuff then it should be based on facts and not just what he or someone else assumes. Right? Third, being a star of such magnitude-----don't impress me much.
SHARKY

Birmingham, AL

#105 Aug 24, 2007
Charter Vol wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow smoke ?! I'll swoop in on you like a bee keeper !
OOOHHHHH BRING IT. Are you swooping yet?
We really need to go to another forum if we are going to spat off to each other cause we are really off the subject, dont you think?
Charter Vol

Waynesboro, TN

#106 Aug 24, 2007
Huh? You ain't so tough. My brother could whupp your arse.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#107 Aug 24, 2007
tncvols1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say treated like absolute national news, but you obviously mistaken the association with 'RESPECT" recognize.
"RECOGNIZE" this, i don't care!!!! notice, i hate vols????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 1,759,008
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min American Independent 340,345
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 18 hr hojo 12,405
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Trojan 35,922
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512