Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

University of Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt has filed for divorce.
Comments
41 - 60 of 136 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2013
peyton chesney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Defensive?? hahaha Lets deflect so we can keep this "scandal" under wraps. But if you want to go there, nice choke job in the tourney! Sour grapes in Kpatch!

nice spelling...fimiliar, embarresd?,dimolished??? I could barely read that phonetic hillbonics!
Zero Charisma

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Posting in a legendary site.
Nobody

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Nothing
nixy

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

no comment
obey errypa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Louisville set new record of 105 degrees today.
welll

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

UT fans don't care who she sleeps with.They are so orange blind that winning is the only thing,regardless of her orientation.I give this a big W C who cares.
Nellie

New Market, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Why are we talking about Pat Summitt instead of the 30th anniversary of Elvis death? The vols may have lots of fans, but it doesn't compare to the fans Elvis still has.
weary

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

first of all it has to be a really sad, hurtful thing after 27 years of marriage to be going thru this, ive been there myself, second of all you guys bashing wbir for reporting this as news, if you dont like their reports, dont log onto and use their site.. pat is a wonderful person who gives her all to tennessee, but it is news because people want to know about her life, good, bad, happy or sad...my god shes a legacy in her own time, i know its a private thing but life is never private for anyone who is in the publics eye almost daily, that is just one of the downsides to being a icon..its not all glitz and glammer..

“B THE CHANGE U WANT 2 C IN PPL”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

mellaman wrote:
Hhahahahahah i met her years ago, she was not too polite, so i never liked her since.
I met her at a dinner where she was the guest speaker and she was wonderfully nice. My daughter got to meet her and it was one of the biggest thrills of her life.

I also know several people who have met her who say she is a fine lady.

Too bad you had a bad reaction to her.
Old School

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I hate it for her. I heard horrible rumors earlier this year about Pat coming home and catching her husband making a deposit with a teller. I do not think Pat should have to put up with crap like that. 27 years is a long term investment, but some times it is best to cut your losses and move on. God does not close one door without opening several more.
OSKY

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Bruce Pearl is sleeping with one of his walk-on player's mother. Nobody will say a bad word about that will they?
91MHSGrad

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

mellaman wrote:
Hey dose Pat really live in Blount co?
I agree, let her have her privacy, its nobody's buisness. Just like the crap with Clinton and his wife, it was none of our buisness. Let Pat have some privacy.
She is from Alcoa. Trust me they dont' let you forget it whenever you enter Alcoa - signs EVERYWHERE! Fulmer lives in Blount Co. as well. Says something for BLount Co and makes you wonder why they don't live in Knox. Co.

“It's Always Somethin'”

Since: Jul 07

Morristown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

You all kill me with your rumors and stories and who is sleeping with whom. Give them the privacy they deserve. Every person on here that says something about either Pat or R.B. could be telling a huge lie because they know the rest of us will never find out who lied about what and what is really the truth.
WBIR made it news because Pat is in the news. Go make up something about somebody else. How does OSKY know Bruce is sleeping with a mom? How does the other person know that Pat has a player or former player living with her? It's all BS.
Old School

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

91MHSGrad wrote:
<quoted text>
She is from Alcoa. Trust me they dont' let you forget it whenever you enter Alcoa - signs EVERYWHERE! Fulmer lives in Blount Co. as well. Says something for BLount Co and makes you wonder why they don't live in Knox. Co.
Love that ole Blount Co. pride.
peyton chesney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

hahahahahahha
I would hardly describe Pat as "glammerous"
How will you feel about her when she comes out?

“B THE CHANGE U WANT 2 C IN PPL”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

SheilaG wrote:
You all kill me with your rumors and stories and who is sleeping with whom. Give them the privacy they deserve. Every person on here that says something about either Pat or R.B. could be telling a huge lie because they know the rest of us will never find out who lied about what and what is really the truth.
WBIR made it news because Pat is in the news. Go make up something about somebody else. How does OSKY know Bruce is sleeping with a mom? How does the other person know that Pat has a player or former player living with her? It's all BS.
Well said, Sheila.Some People just have to have something to talk about.
peyton chesney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Oh, and if she didn't want media attention, why did she build her customize her house to support news trucks? And that corny, embarrasing cheerleading stunt! LOL

Keep it up, its hilarious...

You people really eat up the "Aw, shucks" country girl image. That is why you have forced her to live a lie for 27 years.
peyton chesney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Oh, but its ok when the rumors are about Kim Mulkey,or the LSU coach, or Geno??

Hypocrites!

“Give peace a chance!”

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

mellaman wrote:
Hhahahahahah i met her years ago, she was not too polite, so i never liked her since.
I could not agree with this more. When I was in high school she would come to the movie theater in Maryville, where I worked at the time, and act all high and mighty expecting to get free stuff. Fulmer and his worthless kids were just as bad.
michael bills

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

this is not news worthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Haz Mat 1,095,871
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Believer 225,631
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Love Lost 305,388
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Bruin For Life 26,967
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••