Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

University of Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt has filed for divorce.
Comments
21 - 40 of 136 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2013
Someone who knows

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

should have used spell check.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Charter Vol wrote:
You people are soooo uninformed it's just beyond the point of saddness.
"He's going to get a boatload of money"?????? Well, he is a banker. A better way to put it would be a bank teller just hit the bigtime !
You don't need to be a moderator of a populaar message board to know this is old news...way old.
He isn't "just" a banker. learn2spell.
Edpri05

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

gay, straight, who care..just another wealthy divorce..tabloid intrest maybe..news worthy...nah
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Someone who knows wrote:
Charter is right, very old news. I have known Pat all my life. I will not say why they are divorsing because they do deserve their privacy. I will say one thing and get this "straight", Pat is not gay. She is not comming out. Pat was not looking to divorse and did not what this to happen. Please stop the rumors about the gay thing because this hurts her, her family and friends. As for the banker, I hopes he gets nothing. He is the one at fualt here.
Again, learn2spell. The divorce is because he cant keep his barn door closed! Yeppers, he's a pun hound and has been caught many times.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Someone who knows wrote:
should have used spell check.
One last thing. Anyone who "knows" anything really wouldn't be posting what they "knows" on this message board.
Lady Vol fan Oak Ridge

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Judged:

Pat Summitt has more class in her little finger than most of the people who have posted on this subject. She also is a very kind and compassionate person. The fact thst she has won more games than any other coach, male or female, does not make her gay. I also know the inside info and it is not what everybody thinks. Stop the rumors and show some respect for Pat during this very rough time in her life. She needs and deserves our support!

Since: Jun 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Hey dose Pat really live in Blount co?
I agree, let her have her privacy, its nobody's buisness. Just like the crap with Clinton and his wife, it was none of our buisness. Let Pat have some privacy.
Johnnybegood

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

smarter than most wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and you are staying in!! you are an idiot. Why don't you post a picture so we can deside weather you look like the butt of a dog or the butt of a horse. It is none of your business anyways. Any woman who is in sports in considerd to be of alternative sexual orintation. Leave them alone...Pat was more of a sucess at birth than you will be in your life time. And no, I am not a "Dike" either. just to save you the action of typing that comment in reply, I will help you out on that one bud!
Well with that reply.....you don't live up to your name smarter than most...... and the way you took sides tells me exactly which side of the river you are on !!!
Charter Vol

Linden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Class in the middle finger is how I roll.
Mr Chewy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

My only concern is will she retake her maiden name as provided for in the divorce law, which would mean they would rename the floor in the area, "The Head".

This is old stuff and the marital infidelity involved is well known chatter around Knoxville and there are several other Knoxville businesses which have faced similar issues over the past 5 years.
PlumberVol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

My once popular sports meassage board, the News Sentinel,The Animal,WBIR and all the sheep in town tried to keep this story under wraps...I guess we did a good job for about a year....sorry Pat. I love you and don't care who you sleep with.

Love,
Your #1 fan and hider of the truth
friend

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

why can't every one be and fell like you nice comment, no one needs the bull that is posted on this site Good Luck Pat
peyton chesney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Good timing...while her girlfriend is on the "D**** on Bikes" tour!

These rubes can't figure out that RB was just a male beard?? She only cared about his carousing when the public found out!

She HAS to be straight because Vol fans won't accept anything else.
Orange Sky Vol Fan

Linden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I can tell you that in my stud duck days I had more girls than you can shake a stick at. Lottie Dottie I love to pottie and blow cash while shakin my groove thang at Michael's ! How many of you have ? Aren't you glad your name isn't worth putting in the news ?!
ROFLMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

So what's the big deal? Many homosexuals and lesbians try living a hetrosexual lifestyle. So, she's coming out. Big deal!
Let's play, who's the woman she is leaving her husband for?
Lesbos Rock

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I'm hoisting my rainbow flag for victory!
Lesbos Rock

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

isnt she living with another former vol bball player?
Jason Wright

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Is the entire state in denial on the marriage used as a coverup for her sexuality?

Please, wake up and smell the coffee.
Randy

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

It's a shame about Pat Summitt and her husband getting divorced after 27 years.

It's a hard life and even harder in today's world with so much pulling against the family. I pray for them both.
Randy

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

a blizzy wrote:
I always thought she was a Dike
Sounds Pretty typical of a Buckeye fan. By the way can your college not come up with a better mascot than a buckeye (that looks very fimilar to an asshole when you tear one apart.

The last time I looked UT kicked the Shit out of your beloved buckeye not so long ago and embarresd them on national TV. Big Ten needs to learn how to play football instead of depending on ESPN, USA Today and ABC to carry them each year in their silly polls they have an agreement with the Big ten and Pac Ten to promote those teams every year. Just to see them get dimolished in most bowl games year to year. OH! I forgot about how Florida spanked them in Football and Basketball WOW. What's UP! with that/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,081,616
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 25 min Trojan 26,681
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Catcher1 224,351
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr martinferrys 305,127
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... 14 hr engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Sat Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••