Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of marriage

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

University of Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt has filed for divorce.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of136
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
shoeless

Carthage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Why is this news?
Bobby

Church Hill, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

shoeless wrote:
Why is this news?
Exactly! Let her have her privacy!
volhater

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

u know, if ANYTHING goes on with anyone associated with ut, it is treated as if it is absolute national news. who gives a s***? she's no better than any other person who files for divorce.
Lady Vol fan Oak Ridge

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

This should be a private matter between Coach Summitt,Tyler,and her soon to be ex-husband. I imagine she feels like she lives in a fish bowl as it is. Let her have the privacy that is given to any other person.
catcat

Joelton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I think Summitts have a right to privacy. Hopefully there will not be a frenzy into the details of their marriage.
Johnnybegood

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

So she is finally comming out !!! Was over on the ajc website and they also made a big thing out of it.

“Hate is contageous!”

Since: Jul 07

Knoxville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Lady Vol fan Oak Ridge wrote:
This should be a private matter between Coach Summitt,Tyler,and her soon to be ex-husband. I imagine she feels like she lives in a fish bowl as it is. Let her have the privacy that is given to any other person.
I agree. Life under public scrutiny would suck sometimes.
Uncle Ned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

When you are a "public" personality, your rights to privacy are down the tube. All's fair in news-mongering these days....no respect, no dignity, no character!!

Terrorist Media Hounds will drive her out of this area.

Hide and Watch.

“B THE CHANGE U WANT 2 C IN PPL”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

It would be so nice if they could have privacy in this matter. She had to dread filing this, not because of the divorce, but because of the intense media scrutiny.

My heart goes out to her and her family as they try to get through this.
KAY

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

LET THEM HAVE THEIR PRIVACY!
UTK

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Johnnybegood wrote:
So she is finally comming out !!! Was over on the ajc website and they also made a big thing out of it.
You may be right!
Nellie

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Who cares? This is not news worthy. People get divorces every day. Maybe if she had spent as much time on her marriage as she did the basketball court this would not be happening. Our country is at war, innocent babies are being aborted daily, and this is what WBIR reports. Sad, very sad. There are so many other stories that could be reported and this is what they report.
91MHSGrad

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Seems like people are still staying together for the sake of the kids (if that is indeed the case). Hate that for them, but you know he is going to get a BOATLOAD of $$.
Greg

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

91MHSGrad wrote:
Seems like people are still staying together for the sake of the kids (if that is indeed the case). Hate that for them, but you know he is going to get a BOATLOAD of $$.
If he is a member of the Summit family in Sevier Co. I am thinking of, he doesn't need any of her money.
Charter Vol

Linden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

You people are soooo uninformed it's just beyond the point of saddness.

"He's going to get a boatload of money"?????? Well, he is a banker. A better way to put it would be a bank teller just hit the bigtime !

You don't need to be a moderator of a populaar message board to know this is old news...way old.
Whatever

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Everyone is so quick to judge...only they know what's really going on. I say leave em alone! Jeez! Give these people some privacy and RESPECT. Im sure any marriage where one is a "celebrity" is gonna have it's struggles. Shame on WBIR for fanning the flames! Focus on real news you morons!

“A fun Republican Folk Singer”

Since: Jul 07

Maryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

You don't need to be a moderator of a populaar message board to know this is old news...way old.'

BLESS my tired old heart the 40w bulb just came on. Charter is pulling my long leg...LOL

Now that I "get it" it is easier to read his
stuff...but also now that I get it I kinda hate to admit he pulled this off for so long!

There is a charter vol at sportsparlorsouth.com but like most of the moderators over there he isn't very sharp.

As for not being sharp..that would be me when it comes to this bird.
smarter than most

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Johnnybegood wrote:
Yea and you are staying in!! you are an idiot. Why don't you post a picture so we can deside weather you look like the butt of a dog or the butt of a horse. It is none of your business anyways. Any woman who is in sports in considerd to be of alternative sexual orintation. Leave them alone...Pat was more of a sucess at birth than you will be in your life time. And no, I am not a "Dike" either. just to save you the action of typing that comment in reply, I will help you out on that one bud!

Since: Jun 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Hhahahahahah i met her years ago, she was not too polite, so i never liked her since.
Someone who knows

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Charter is right, very old news. I have known Pat all my life. I will not say why they are divorsing because they do deserve their privacy. I will say one thing and get this "straight", Pat is not gay. She is not comming out. Pat was not looking to divorse and did not what this to happen. Please stop the rumors about the gay thing because this hurts her, her family and friends. As for the banker, I hopes he gets nothing. He is the one at fualt here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of136
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min In The Right 1,078,776
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr feces for jesus 305,074
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Buck Crick 224,012
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,643
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••