UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
19,001 - 19,020 of 26,759 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>These are just collage kids , why are you showing such hatred for him?
how am I hating him, you fool!? you and the rest of you selfish condoms should be held liable and forced to his 30million for begging him to come back for his "unfinished business".
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't "cost" him anything. You don't know what the value is that he placed on coming back to play college ball for one more year. Something he'll never get to do again.
It's not all dollars and cents to some people. You are the fool for assuming things and projecting your own set of values onto others.
shut up idiot...go buy yourself if you haven't already, a box of Kleenex, you're gonna be doing lots of crying for the next 4-5 years with mediocre seasons under .500 and yearly a$$whoopings at the hands of the mighty BRUINS.
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>These are just collage kids , why are you showing such hatred for him?
Because he's an idiot and is mad he couldn't get into either USC or UCLA. LOL!!!

Seriously. Only a complete fool would assume his priorities are what everyone else's are.
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

And only an idiot would assume I'd be crying, even if we have 0-12 seasons!! I have almost as good of a time at games where we lose as I do when we win.

For me, it's about the time well spent with friends & family. But, of course, a schmuck who could never be a part of that family would never understand. He's proven it time & time again.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Hypocritical mother effer! Are yiu not do the same a$$ hole that talked shyt about Shabazz Muhammad at all year??? goFu ckYourself youFu cKingDick.

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on CT how many players left SC when they got nailed?, this is normal.
Going to the draft, a UCLA or SC player picked 1st?
Probation is one thing, but how can you account for the mass exit from your once prima donna basketball program? Is it all Howland, or has the mystique you (B)ruins has been riding on for almost 20 years now has finally lost its appeal to players who can go elsewhere, have a better time in doing so, and their chances of making the NBA are just as good (if not better) playing at another program... HaHa

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Like BN says, there will always be second thoughts in the minds of players when coaching changes take place.
So the more important news for you here, the first round of the NFL draft has come and gone and your two once-called "Heisman candidates" Barkley and Woods are still on the board!
Maybe they can call Datone Jones (already taken by the Green Bay Packers) to know what being picked in the first round feels like! Heh heh heh heh heh heh...
The NFL is a whole different animal then the NBA. Most non-lottery NBA picks rarely amount to anything, while the second round of the NFL draft consistently puts out lasting personnel who make impacts on their teams. Not always right away, but never-the-less, they wont be a typical, impatient Tyler Honeycant, or an overhyped Shabaaaaaazzz who will be a marginal player at best in the NBA... HaHa

GO TROJANS - WE WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE NFL

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Woods to da Jets, nice fit.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Probation is one thing, but how can you account for the mass exit from your once prima donna basketball program? Is it all Howland, or has the mystique you (B)ruins has been riding on for almost 20 years now has finally lost its appeal to players who can go elsewhere, have a better time in doing so, and their chances of making the NBA are just as good (if not better) playing at another program... HaHa
Mass exit ? really who are the MASS?

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Oops Buffalo not Jets, not a nice fit, worst team to go to.

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
Oops Buffalo not Jets, not a nice fit, worst team to go to.
Yes the Bills (not the Jets). But either is a good fit once he is completely healthy!!!
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

4 more picks until Uncle Pet has a chance to get Matty!:-P

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the Bills (not the Jets). But either is a good fit once he is completely healthy!!!
and MB keeps slipping, don't buy your theory he has lost millions by staying, that being said I admire the fact he stayed.
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Pete

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass exit ? really who are the MASS?
Do you really want me to drag out ALL those names again of an entire basketball squad worth of players who left the program? Oh, very well, since (B)ruins are desparately trying to forget this as earnestly as their last three games of the football season:

All left the program under Coach Howling:
Ryan Wright
Chase Stanback
Jamison Morgan
Drew Gordon
Mike Moser
Anthony Stover
Brendan Lane
Reeves Nelson
Josh Smith
Matt Carlino
Tyler Lamb
DeEnd Parker
Allerik Freeman

Sounds pretty MASS to me!!! HaHa

Also three others who got the hell outta there and jumped to the NBA when given the chance:
Jrue Holiday
Tyler Honeycutt
Shabazz Muhammad

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
and MB keeps slipping, don't buy your theory he has lost millions by staying, that being said I admire the fact he stayed.
Sometimes what you do personally doesnt always sit well with the media and fans. If things ended differently for our season, nobody would be second guessing. I certainly dont think it will ruin his college legacy, nothing like how Brett Favre tarnished his image by his wishy-washy career ending decisions. I also wonder if Kobe Bryant will be the same as Favre, never wanting to finally relinquish the limelight...
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

They traded the spot, so Pete wouldn't look bad for not picking his boy. :-P

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Trojan wrote:
4 more picks until Uncle Pet has a chance to get Matty!:-P
NOT gonna happen.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Trojan wrote:
They traded the spot, so Pete wouldn't look bad for not picking his boy.:-P
why would he waste a 2nd round pick on MB, he's got an excellent QB, he can get MB in the 4th or 5th round
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT gonna happen.
Yeah, he's going to Taylor Mays his ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min THE DEVIL 1,085,034
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 305,186
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 224,740
Charlotte Hornets: Does Josh Davis Deserve a Ro... Thu TJS 1
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jul 30 Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Jul 29 Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Jul 28 Pastor james 1
•••
•••