UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
18,521 - 18,540 of 26,973 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
Some coaches are like the big fish, in that they conquered the domains - their little fish bowls, however are dumb dumb to seize the moment when an opportunity of a lifetime presents itself. Shaka Smart Had an opportunity to conquer oceans, As well as the coach from Memphis, They both chose to continue being kings in their first bowl, afraid to swim with the big fish, and to conquer oceans. Steve Alford, saw the opportunity and pounced on it like a shark!!, Steve Alford is a great hire!!!! Shaka Smart, your new name shall be Shaka Stupid. GO BRUINS!!!!
http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story...
Ya I agree, Dan G said the deciding factor in hiring Alford was his ability to lose to an IVY League school in the opening round of the NCAA, my beloved Bruins did that vs Princeton in 1996 and our new Coach mastered it a week ago. That move sealed the deal for Alford to become our next coach....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

fight__on wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey. too nice, I think Chamique Holdscaw would fit in Perfect at sc with her recent actions she definitely could be a trojan.
Fight On Sweetie
Ya I hear with the Hiring of Steve(Lavin)Alford the entire BB team is transferring or turning pro.. Open tryouts tomorrow at Pauley, bring your Chuck Taylor's tomorrow MBD see if you still can nail that two hand set shot of yours...Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
UCLA names New Mexico Head Coach Steve Alford as their man. Okay, Brew In is happy again. I will pop open a a few brews over his!!!
I think he may be just what the doctor ordered! Though like the Jim Mora hire we will have to wait to see what materializes, but I will give AD Guerrero props on this one!
Sorry haters, Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!
Ya Brewie I agree, I'm so ashamed and embarrassed by this hire as well. Steve Alford is not fit to be a Bruin Coach, we really dropped the ball on this one. As delusional as we Bruins are we have to see this for what it is..No good coach wants to set foot in Westwood to coach our Bruins,it shouldnt be surprising especially after firing the best coach we have ever had. Maybe Alford will get us another coveted NIT title like ol Walt Hazzard did for us....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Trojan wrote:
All I know is, there's one jackass on this thread who would be ripping a new coach of USC's apart, if the guy had only 11 days ago signed a new 10 year contract to stay with his former school. In fact, I believe he did rip LK apart for leaving UT after only 1 year.
But in this case, it's OK, because it's the school for which HE roots. LOL!!!
The only jackass I know in here is you...I was actually elated when USC announced the LK would be hired considering he had a losing record...I was happy then, and I'm even happier now, I hope USC keeps him foreever as the HC...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...keep Lane Kiffin!!!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
All I know is, there's one jackass on this thread who would be ripping a new coach of USC's apart, if the guy had only 11 days ago signed a new 10 year contract to stay with his former school. In fact, I believe he did rip LK apart for leaving UT after only 1 year.
But in this case, it's OK, because it's the school for which HE roots. LOL!!!
And by the way DOUCHEBAG! Steve Alford had been at UNM for 5 years, not ONE year, and Alford, had not signed a contract only a tentavive agreement...so if you were Alford, and a dream job just popped up and staring in your face, with an opportunity to coach at a program with the most national championships where expectatiions are high, and you're confident in your game, why would you turn it down??? only pu $$ies like Shaka Stupid and the others scared of the spot light would...these guys are like Peterson from Boise State, S C A R E D.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way DOUCHEBAG! Steve Alford had been at UNM for 5 years, not ONE year, and Alford, had not signed a contract only a tentavive agreement...so if you were Alford, and a dream job just popped up and staring in your face, with an opportunity to coach at a program with the most national championships where expectatiions are high, and you're confident in your game, why would you turn it down??? only pu $$ies like Shaka Stupid and the others scared of the spot light would...these guys are like Peterson from Boise State, S C A R E D.
a) Thought you said you were "done with me", you lying sack of $%#@.

b) You're right. He had only given his word. LOL!!

As I said, had it been a Trojan, he'd have ripped the guy apart. But since it's a Bruin...

And still too stupid to see the hypocrisy.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way DOUCHEBAG! Steve Alford had been at UNM for 5 years, not ONE year, and Alford, had not signed a contract only a tentavive agreement...so if you were Alford, and a dream job just popped up and staring in your face, with an opportunity to coach at a program with the most national championships where expectatiions are high, and you're confident in your game, why would you turn it down??? only pu $$ies like Shaka Stupid and the others scared of the spot light would...these guys are like Peterson from Boise State, S C A R E D.
Ya I agree fellow Bruin, but even a hobo would take the money if offered.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>The only jackass I know in here is you...
You see one everytime you look in the mirror.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
So when is SUC hiring a coach? I heard Cheryl Miller turned them down.
What happened?, wasn't UCLA interviewing Abul Kelule for the job?.....after all , he was the best center for S Gilbert they ever had!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
a) Thought you said you were "done with me", you lying sack of $%#@.
b) You're right. He had only given his word. LOL!!
As I said, had it been a Trojan, he'd have ripped the guy apart. But since it's a Bruin...
And still too stupid to see the hypocrisy.
I don't give a flying shyt, what you think, and yes, it's not my job to be happy about USC hires, that is YOUR job...just like it's not your job about being happy with UCLA hires, that is MY job...you like USC, and I like UCLA, remember? no friendly rivalry here, dude, you want friendly banter? go look somewhere else.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>What happened?, wasn't UCLA interviewing Abul Kelule for the job?.....after all , he was the best center for S Gilbert they ever had!
I have nmo idea who Abul Kelule is (did he play for UCLA?) if you do, than that makes you a bigger UCLA basketball fan than I am.

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>What happened?, wasn't UCLA interviewing Abul Kelule for the job?.....after all , he was the best center for S Gilbert they ever had!
Oh true trojan when he said F UCLA, my kind of man, the heck with coaching, lets spew our usc hate 1st
Fight On fellow trojan, Fight On

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Cooper is one true trojan........ got so excited I squirted on my keyboard
Fight On girls, Fight On
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

As to why Steve Alford decided to part ways with New Mexico, having signed an agreement that was not to take effect until April 1st. There is no other school, he said, that would have gotten him to seriously consider leaving New Mexico after agreeing to a 10-year deal and a team that had all five starters returning after ending the season ranked 10th in the nation.

It goes back to the four letters, Alford said.Its UCLA. I think if its anywhere else, this is not a decision that would have been made.

Saying things like that will help win the hearts of UCLA fans

There you go torgan fans.
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a jackass everytime I look in the mirror.
Amen brother, amen!! see how easy that was?
Trojan

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't give a flying shyt, what you think...
Obviously you do. You've broken up with me at least a half dozen times over the past 3 years and always come back. ROTFLMAO!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do. You've broken up with me at least a half dozen times over the past 3 years and always come back. ROTFLMAO!!
Not me fellow trojan, I'm here for all my trojan men.
"Fight On" trojan,.... Fight On.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Bruin For Life wrote:
There is no other school, he said, that would have gotten him to seriously consider leaving New Mexico...
What else is he going to say?! Every guy says his new gf is the best he's ever had, at least publicly.

Damn, you're stupid!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
As to why Steve Alford decided to part ways with New Mexico, having signed an agreement that was not to take effect until April 1st. There is no other school, he said, that would have gotten him to seriously consider leaving New Mexico after agreeing to a 10-year deal and a team that had all five starters returning after ending the season ranked 10th in the nation.
It goes back to the four letters, Alford said.Its UCLA. I think if its anywhere else, this is not a decision that would have been made.
Saying things like that will help win the hearts of UCLA fans
There you go torgan fans.
Ya I agree it was that five letter word that moved him to the west coast...MONEY! Steve(Lavin) Alford is the greatest hire at UCLA since Sam Gilbert...Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
What else is he going to say?! Every guy says his new gf is the best he's ever had, at least publicly.
Damn, you're stupid!
Ya I agree for years I used to say that about Rob on my facebook....Go Bruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,096,426
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min STO 305,396
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min CunningLinguist 225,703
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••