UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19481 Mar 30, 2013
UCLA names New Mexico Head Coach Steve Alford as their man. Okay, Brew In is happy again. I will pop open a a few brews over his!!!

I think he may be just what the doctor ordered! Though like the Jim Mora hire we will have to wait to see what materializes, but I will give AD Guerrero props on this one!

Sorry haters, Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19482 Mar 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
UCLA names New Mexico Head Coach Steve Alford as their man. Okay, Brew In is happy again. I will pop open a a few brews over his!!!
I think he may be just what the doctor ordered! Though like the Jim Mora hire we will have to wait to see what materializes, but I will give AD Guerrero props on this one!
Ya I agree, who needs an elite coach when we can go to the 99 cent store and get Alford. This will show Reggie Miller! Oh there is joy in Westwood today we just traded a Ferrari in Ben Howland in for a Mazda in Alford...Yippie yahooey hurrraaay!!!!....Go Bruins!

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#19483 Mar 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
Time will tell, Mora wasn't DG 1st choice and has worked out very well.
Dan Guerrero

Los Angeles, CA

#19484 Mar 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
Are any of ju vatos chure ju don wanna coash a bassaball team? One las chance ese before da vato Esteve sigh da papel?....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19485 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya great confidence you have in our Bruins choice.Time will tell? No real Bruin fan would say that if we had hired Mike Krzyzewski, Shaka Smart, Calipari, Brad Stevens, Roy Williams, Mark Few...Even Oregon has a much better coach than we do....Even USC has a better coach than we do and hey haven't hired anyone yet....Sad sad day in Westwood when we can pick from the bottom of the barrel and celebrate...Boo hoo....Go Bruins!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#19486 Mar 30, 2013
UCLA hires Ric Flair as new basketball coach!...or was it his son?.(kow)
Not sure,but either way,it comes as a surpise move to me.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19487 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BN I just had the most horrible nightmare no not the one where I went straight. I had a dream that my Bruins sunk to it's lowest point by hiring a nobody retread in Steve Alford. Can you imagine our Bruins hiring a puke like that, Harvard runs his team out of the gym. He was run out of Iowa and has a Horrible NCAA tournament record. Glad it was only a dream I would give up cucumbers if my Bruins signed such a putz....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19488 Mar 30, 2013
Some coaches are like the big fish, in that they conquered the domains - their little fish bowls, however are dumb dumb to seize the moment when an opportunity of a lifetime presents itself. Shaka Smart Had an opportunity to conquer oceans, As well as the coach from Memphis, They both chose to continue being kings in their first bowl, afraid to swim with the big fish, and to conquer oceans. Steve Alford, saw the opportunity and pounced on it like a shark!!, Steve Alford is a great hire!!!! Shaka Smart, your new name shall be Shaka Stupid. GO BRUINS!!!!

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story...
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19489 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Some coaches are like the big fish, in that they conquered the domains - their little fish bowls, however are dumb dumb to seize the moment when an opportunity of a lifetime presents itself. Shaka Smart Had an opportunity to conquer oceans, As well as the coach from Memphis, They both chose to continue being kings in their first bowl, afraid to swim with the big fish, and to conquer oceans. Steve Alford, saw the opportunity and pounced on it like a shark!!, Steve Alford is a great hire!!!! Shaka Smart, your new name shall be Shaka Stupid. GO BRUINS!!!!
Ya I agree who needs a real coach, but what happens when you throw a guppy(Alford) in an Ocean of delusional Bruin sharks? Great hire by my Bruins, just keep Harvard away from my Bruins, as Coach Alford was bullied by them...Greatest hire since Walt Hazzard!....Go Bruins!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19490 Mar 30, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
UCLA hires Ric Flair as new basketball coach!...or was it his son?.(kow)
Not sure,but either way,it comes as a surpise move to me.
Yeah, some idiots were throwing Donovan and Pitino's names around...as if they would have been interested! LOL!!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19491 Mar 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
Ya I agree Brewie, you and BFL and BN can fake it on here but we all know this is an atrocious and desperate hire. Not once did I hear from any of my fellow Bruins on here or anywhere else that Steve Alford should be hired as coach of our illustrious BB program. In reality we lost an elite Coach in Ben Howland for a wanna be huckster in Steve Lavin I mean Alford..NIT NIT NIT here we come....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19492 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Ya I agree fellow Bruin nice try, this hiring is hard to swallow even for a pro like you. 72 year old Larry Brown would have been a better hire. Lorenzo Romar would have been better, there are at least 100 coaches who would be a better hire than Steve Alford..Even Nikki Caldwell would have been a better hire..I grieve with you in denial fellow Bruin....Awful day to be a Bruin fan...Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19493 Mar 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, some idiots were throwing Donovan and Pitino's names around...as if they would have been interested! LOL!!
Take that back TrOJan or I will hold my breath til I pass out! I'm warning you! My Bruins are too good to have an elite coach this is just part of Dan G's master plan. Who needs a real coach when we can have Steve Alford. If you disagree with me I will hunt you down and we can settle this a mano a mano!....Go Bruins!
Ben Howland

Los Angeles, CA

#19494 Mar 30, 2013
Letting me go to hire Steve Alford?.....Boy did I just get even!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19495 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree, I can see how over joyed my fellow Bruins are about having one of College BB's elite coaches finally taking over my beloved Bruins. It's about time we get a Hall of Fame quality coach to finally bring us back to glory. As you can see Alford's impeccable record speaks for itself. O sweet 16 wins, 0 elite 8 appearances, 0 final 4 appearances, 0 Final's apparances...Yes siree, my Bruins have hit the jackpot!!! Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19496 Mar 30, 2013
So when is SUC hiring a coach? I heard Cheryl Miller turned them down.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19497 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Ya I agree, that's right after she turned down the "elite" UCLA job....Go Bruins!

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19498 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Oh honey. too nice, I think Chamique Holdscaw would fit in Perfect at sc with her recent actions she definitely could be a trojan.
Fight On Sweetie
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19499 Mar 30, 2013
All I know is, there's one jackass on this thread who would be ripping a new coach of USC's apart, if the guy had only 11 days ago signed a new 10 year contract to stay with his former school. In fact, I believe he did rip LK apart for leaving UT after only 1 year.

But in this case, it's OK, because it's the school for which HE roots. LOL!!!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19500 Mar 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
All I know is, there's one jackass on this thread who would be ripping a new coach of USC's apart, if the guy had only 11 days ago signed a new 10 year contract to stay with his former school. In fact, I believe he did rip LK apart for leaving UT after only 1 year.
But in this case, it's OK, because it's the school for which HE roots. LOL!!!
Ya I agree. I find it interesting when UCLA hired Wooden from ISU he received a second offer from Minnesota the school he really wanted to coach at, he turned down the Minn Job as he honored his word with my beloved Bruins....Alford is the opposite he dumped the school he says he loves to take a last minute job with my beloved Bruins..Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive....Best hire by my Bruins ever!!! Go Bruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,947
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr KiMare 232,878
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Cowobunga 201,164
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 306,974
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 11 hr Roy the Boy 686
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Thu Earth inhabited 2,663
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web