UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33700 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19427 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea at this time, I always thought O'neil was a good coach and that he got screwed by USC...if some of these "top" coaches are afraid to step to the big city spot lights Smart and others, than I might even cosider O'Neil, as crazy as that would sound. I can think a couple years ago when O'Neil was left basically with a skeleton team and he was very competitive in the conference, and he got no love whatsoever from USC...I would take him in second.
Ya I agree. Firing Ben Howland to hire Kevin O'Neill is a stroke of genius. O'Neill should do wonders to keep up our Wooden/Gilbert legacy going. O'Neill has a lofty record of 216–241 (.473). That should be good for at least 11 more titles...Go O'Neill who needs Howland!....Go Bruins!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#19428 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea at this time, I always thought O'neil was a good coach and that he got screwed by USC...if some of these "top" coaches are afraid to step to the big city spot lights Smart and others, than I might even cosider O'Neil, as crazy as that would sound. I can think a couple years ago when O'Neil was left basically with a skeleton team and he was very competitive in the conference, and he got no love whatsoever from USC...I would take him in second.
I am thinking more that over-excited (B)ruin pressure will make a sentimental mistake for Kareem... HaHa
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19429 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Of course!!!! you classic response, when you know your ass was just handed...YOU PUCNING MORON. You are by far the biggest Liar, Hypocrite, delusional, butt hole ever on topix.
Yeah, yeah...keep crying. That's not it at all. Your bullshit just isn't worth my time.

All those nice words are a perfect way to describe YOU. Take a good hard look in the mirror.
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19432 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking more that over-excited (B)ruin pressure will make a sentimental mistake for Kareem... HaHa
Ya I agree, Kareem would be an excellent coach he could show everyone how to do the skyhook. He can also share the wisdom he learned under Coach Wooden. For example:he can tell his players how Sam Gilbert (the over zealous fan) who later became his agent used to pay for his girlfriend's abortions. Kareem it is! Go Bruins!
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19433 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking more that over-excited (B)ruin pressure will make a sentimental mistake for Kareem... HaHa
What's hilarious is Shaka Smart saying he'd rather stay at VCU than coach at FUCLA!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19434 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Good job, this post is actually heart felt and insightful. Every once in awhile you (B)ruins (yes EVEN Rob) makes a comment that is a good representation of a subject without any hype or slant.
Thanks. It is just the way I feel about expectations and short leashes with coaches nowadays.

I hope whomever UCLA gets, we don't look back at the firing of Ben Howland with regret!

San Fernando Valley

#19435 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hilarious is Shaka Smart saying he'd rather stay at VCU than coach at FUCLA!
Talk about a "news at 11" statement. Maybe you should read ALL the factors behind his decision before you make YOUR hilarious public declaration!
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19436 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>True, but I rarely engage three pages of back and forth dialogue with him on one subject - LOL
But you would be right if you said myself and that LSU fool Art Deco Man... I guess we all have our agitators whose stupidly gets under our skin… HaHa
I would never use "myself" in that fashion. It's grammatically incorrect.:-)

San Fernando Valley

#19437 Mar 28, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, WTF guys? What's with all the bashing on my hometown??? My posts come from El Monte. Well, I don't often comment from home, so I guess technically my posts don't "come" from EM, but y'all know what I mean.
Well Pemmie, since all those troll posts ARE coming out of El Monte, maybe you might have some influence to lasso in those crying TrOJans masquerading as Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19438 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree, wise move by Smart. I heard he also traded in his new $500K Bentley in for a $500 Dollar 1971 VW...Go Bruins!
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19439 Mar 28, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, WTF guys? What's with all the bashing on my hometown??? My posts come from El Monte. Well, I don't often comment from home, so I guess technically my posts don't "come" from EM, but y'all know what I mean.
I wasn't knocking EM and I don't believe Slob was either. He was merely slamming the posts and I pointed out that they are no more ridiculous than his.

P.S. Empanadas from Tito's are AWESOME!!!
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19440 Mar 28, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about a "news at 11" statement. Maybe you should read ALL the factors behind his decision before you make YOUR hilarious public declaration!
LOL!! Will do. Just be sure to do the same next time something similar happens at USC.

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19441 Mar 28, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Well Pemmie, since all those troll posts ARE coming out of El Monte, maybe you might have some influence to lasso in those crying TrOJans masquerading as Bruins!
I so agree somewhat, but I do love living in el monte, there are so many fine men here
Fight On Bruin boy, Fight On
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19442 Mar 28, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. It is just the way I feel about expectations and short leashes with coaches nowadays.
I hope whomever UCLA gets, we don't look back at the firing of Ben Howland with regret!
Gee willikers Brewman well said! Why is it that our mighty BB program with 11 national titles #1 in the history of College BB, can't land a big name coach? Is it the foul Southern California weather with it's harsh winters, is it our beloved Westwood Campus located in one of the worst neighborhoods in LA? You mean it might be our delusional fan base and it's delusional boosters and alumni?...Please Mike Gottfried, please don't say no....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19443 Mar 28, 2013
fight__on wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree somewhat, but I do love living in el monte, there are so many fine men here
Ya I agree, say that pic of you looks very familiar! That pic is of me at UCLA Homecoming 1978. I remember I was heavy on the powder blue make up...I remember asking Hamilton and Greenwood if they have ever had an Artie sandwich before.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#19444 Mar 28, 2013
Artie Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree, say that pic of you looks very familiar! That pic is of me at UCLA Homecoming 1978. I remember I was heavy on the powder blue make up...I remember asking Hamilton and Greenwood if they have ever had an Artie sandwich before.....Go Bruins!
That's probably what he's going to be wearing when he comes over to "beat me up". LOL!!
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19445 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably what he's going to be wearing when he comes over to "beat me up". LOL!!
Ya, except that post was made by "Bruin Nation" not Rob, ya even BN is a cross dressing troll...Go Bruins!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#19446 Mar 28, 2013
fight__on wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so clever disguise "Bruin Nation", plus the heavy Bruin Blue and Gold make up gave you away.....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19447 Mar 28, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. It is just the way I feel about expectations and short leashes with coaches nowadays.
Ben Howland sucked for UCLA, NOT because he's really a lousy coach, but rather because he has a coaching philosophy that requires more than one year of teaching, but how can you effectively teach a system when the major programs are just a revolving door? He would be recognized as one of the best coaches in college at a place like Wichita State, or even a major like Kansas where the players actually stay for 4 years and he would be able to implement his system. At UCLA it's simply not possible, he gets high profile players that are one and dones...we need Afred Aboyas, Lorenzo Matas, MbahMoutes, Collisons, Ryan Hollins, it was through junior and senior leadership that UCLA was at it's peak during those 3 final-fours.

Trust me, Ben Howland will be someone's great coach that will lead them (someone) to a final-4 in 2 or 3 years...his style however, due to the type of players that come to UCLA one-and-dones - is not and was nbot conducive to the success we as fans seeked...he simply had no time to teach his system.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19449 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Will do. Just be sure to do the same next time something similar happens at USC.
"something happens at USC" what the hell does that mean? has anything happened at UCLA? USC is also trying to hire a coach, and they haven't, is anyone here making a big deal out of it?...or in football, did anyone make a big deal when USC couldn't hire the coaches they went after like Peterson from Boise State?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,583,117
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weaponX 316,364
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web