UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Comments (Page 920)

Showing posts 18,381 - 18,400 of26,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on campus in 2006 the day RB5, ML11, LDW21, et al, had their Pro Day. Talk about a spotlight; Loker Stadium was jam-packed!
Bet that was phenomenal!!!

Hopefully today will erase all those haters remarks about MB7 forgoing the 2012 NFL draft where we was expected to go 3rd behind Luck and Griffin III. And for those that like to suspect his arm strength, here is an interesting stat:

Throws 20+ Yards Downfield
Final Two College Seasons
..........Comp %..TD-Int
Andrew Luck 43.1 13-5
Matt Barkley 40.8 24-2
Griffin III 38.2 33-5

Also, it needs to be noted that when Barkley missed his receivers on those deep passes, he was four times more likely to overthrow his target than underthrown.

Expecting good results today - FIGHT ON
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Still showing what an idiot you are.
And BN thinks FO is foolish! You make FO look like a brain surgeon! ROTFLMAO!!!
If you think I make FO look like a Brain sugeron, then you are ever MORE STUPIDER than anyone thought possible. ROTFLMFAO!!!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Bet that was phenomenal!!!
Hopefully today will erase all those haters remarks about MB7 forgoing the 2012 NFL draft where we was expected to go 3rd behind Luck and Griffin III. And for those that like to suspect his arm strength, here is an interesting stat:
Throws 20+ Yards Downfield
Final Two College Seasons
..........Comp %..TD-Int
Andrew Luck 43.1 13-5
Matt Barkley 40.8 24-2
Griffin III 38.2 33-5
Also, it needs to be noted that when Barkley missed his receivers on those deep passes, he was four times more likely to overthrow his target than underthrown.
Expecting good results today - FIGHT ON
OMG!!! you have the gall to even mention MB7 in the same sentence with Luck and RG3???? buaaahhahahahaha MB7 wasn't even the best QB in the city!!! Brett Hundley was!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

trOJans are H I L A R I O U S!!!!!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>No,it doesn't - he won't be a top pick because he's flippin Lousy/shitty!!
And any scout worth his salt,or person who knows the game can see he's a joke!....Honycunt was a lot better player than him....and where the H is he?!!
Yah, and you must above the NBA scouts, right? WFT do you know??? if you go by stats SM made clutch shots,#2 scorere in the conference,#1 scorer (for freshmen) in the country, he defends, he gets offensive rebounds and second and even third shots opportunities...obviously you don't know WFT you are talking about.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Scoring don't mean Dick!....the more shots you take , the more you score and still hurt the team!
Offensive rebounds-2nd and 3rd opportunities!,pfft - thats all bull shit!.
offensive rebounds usually come from climbing on someone,s back or pushing off and getting away with it - there's no skill involved , thats why you don't know how to evaluate talent....and thats why players and teams like Shabass and ucla end up losing - because they rely on that kind of hack play to advance , until they finally run in to a team who isn't gonna have any of the 2nd and 3rd slop bullshit!!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

UCLAN SAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought his name was Top Rahman?
You're right!....he 'topped' the 'NIT' that one year ,pffftt AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahaAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!!! you have the gall to even mention MB7 in the same sentence with Luck and RG3???? buaaahhahahahaha MB7 wasn't even the best QB in the city!!! Brett Hundley was!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!
trOJans are H I L A R I O U S!!!!!
Robbie READ before you hate. I stated going into the “2012” draft. That was when he was being slated as the #3 QB in the draft. Try to get over your gallish anger on this one. But now that you mention it and being that you have a gambling problem, I bet Barkley will have a better NFL career then Hundley (if Hundley even makes it). I think Hundley will in reality, be another Drew Olsen for you (B)ruins... HaHa
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Robbie READ before you hate. I stated going into the “2012” draft. That was when he was being slated as the #3 QB in the draft. Try to get over your gallish anger on this one. But now that you mention it and being that you have a gambling problem, I bet Barkley will have a better NFL career then Hundley (if Hundley even makes it). I think Hundley will in reality, be another Drew Olsen for you (B)ruins... HaHa
I stand corrected....as for a better NFL career, IDK, but I would be surprised if Matt Barkley even gets on the field in other than pre-season games.

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No,it doesn't - he won't be a top pick because he's flippin Lousy/shitty!!
And any scout worth his salt,or person who knows the game can see he's a joke!....Honycunt was a lot better player than him....and where the H is he?!!
There are a lot of first round "busts" out there. Just remind UCLA of these first round (B)ruin juggernauts:
Tyler Honeycutt
Jerome Moiso
Tracy Murray
Ed O'Bannon
Geroger Zidek

And I have a gut feeling that latest (B)ruin poster boy Shabazz will be just another one of those... HaHa
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of first round "busts" out there. Just remind UCLA of these first round (B)ruin juggernauts:
Tyler Honeycutt
Jerome Moiso
Tracy Murray
Ed O'Bannon
Geroger Zidek
And I have a gut feeling that latest (B)ruin poster boy Shabazz will be just another one of those... HaHa
those 5 players that were "busts" are more than the total of USC players even drafted!! bahahaha
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>...you are ever MORE STUPIDER...
"More stupider"?!!!!

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!! What an absolute dumbass!!

Keep 'em coming, Moron!!
Bruin Nation

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Boy, Bill Dwyre of the LA Times sure let us have it today. We Bruins are really trash, Wooden must be rolling over in his grave for what we did to Ben Howland....Oh how I hang my head in shame as I cruise the all boyz high schools looking for a choice 18 year old....Go Bruins!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of first round "busts" out there. Just remind UCLA of these first round (B)ruin juggernauts:
Tyler Honeycutt
Jerome Moiso
Tracy Murray
Ed O'Bannon
Geroger Zidek
Welcome back Chosen Babeler right where you left off with your selective statistics that always conveniently miss data (harmful to you or SUC's reputation).

In case your computer had a glitch while hatefully looking up UCLA first rounds picks, I thought the least I could do is help you out to include those respected NBA players 1999 and later "overlooked" by your inconsistent details:

JRUE HOLIDAY (1ST RND/#17)
DARREN COLLISON (1ST RND/#21)
RUSSELL WESTBROOK (1ST RND/#4)
KEVIN LOVE (1ST RND/#5)
ARON AFFLALO (1ST RND/#27)
JORDAN FARMAR (1ST RND/#27)
BARON DAVIS (1ST RND/#3)

You are too comical! Heh heh heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>those 5 players that were "busts" are more than the total of USC players even drafted!! bahahaha
Correct BFL. I only seem to recall 4 SUC players drafted first round since 2000 (Vucevic/DeRozan/Gibson/Mayo)!
Bruin Nation

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back Chosen Babeler right where you left off with your selective statistics that always conveniently miss data (harmful to you or SUC's reputation).
In case your computer had a glitch while hatefully looking up UCLA first rounds picks, I thought the least I could do is help you out to include those respected NBA players 1999 and later "overlooked" by your inconsistent details:
KEVIN LOVE (1ST RND/#5)
BARON DAVIS (1ST RND/#3)
Oh Brewie, you just named most of Ben Howlands players. Where are we going to find a coach as half as good as ol Ben? You know no elite coach will even set foot in Westwood to talk about coaching our program. We've made a terrible mistake , even Bill Dwyer thinks our program is scum....Go Bruins!
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Hey bonehead -
1) If you were scouting a HS player ,wouldn't you rate his potential higher if you thought he was a junior with another year to improve ,rather than it being his last year as a senior?...the age thing was an effort to create an illusion that he is better than he is!
Amazing how the moron needs to have the simplest things explained to him!! And he's moronic enough to call other oeople stupid.

Almost makes you feel sorry for him. ALMOST. LOL!!!

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I have been calling for BH's arse for three years now, Thank god he's gone, nice man, but lost touch with the players, RN was his downfall.
What's done is done, but sorry I need to say my seethe about the Howland firing as I am not sure if this won't reverse our reputation further into the abyss.

Today’s expectations for college basketball coaches is the heart of the problem. With the one and done option for these kids, it is hard to roster a cohesive team, and then be expected to restock when they move on for greener pa$tures.

Say what you will, but the Howland Era in Westwood ends with a not too shabby 233-107 during his decade at the helm of the Bruins. He won four conference titles in the past eight years and guided UCLA to the Final Four in three straight seasons from 2006-08.

But after that great start and then only having two NCAA tournament games, plus missing March Madness altogether twice in the three seasons before this year, having had a losing record in 2009-10, NBA level players bolting after just one freshman season, and unworthy players transferring made most Bruin faithful uneasy.

This season's expectations were quite high in Westwood with Howland bringing in the nation’s second-ranked recruiting class led of course by forward Shabazz Muhammad. And regardless that expectations are always high in Westwood, I heard everyone saying that it’s “final four and/or championship or bust”.

But is it really fair to compare all future UCLA coaches to the Wizard of Westwood? As we know, Wooden coached the Bruins 27 seasons, appearing in 12 final fours and winning 10 national championships.

But consider that the first 15 seasons for the Wizard resulted in ZERO final four appearances or national championships. With that 15-year stat alone and considering Howland's UCLA record, Wooden would've been relieved of his coaching duties (just as Howland) in today’s UCLA college basketball landscape.

Again what is done is done and I hope we find the right fit (I like Fey from Gonzaga or Stevens from Butler) but I still think Howland made players more NBA ready than any college coach I can think of. Howland did a solid job, it just wasn't a Wizard job!

Obviously less patience and teaching is no longer the name of the game today. Hopefully whoever we do land, our fans will think is more "Wooden-like" in coaching philosophy and appearance along with more "Wizard-like" results IF given the proper time!

Go Bruins!!!
Bruin Nation

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>What's done is done, but sorry I need to say my seethe about the Howland firing as I am not sure if this won't reverse our reputation further into the abyss.
Today’s expectations for college basketball coaches is the heart of the problem. With the one and done option for these kids, it is hard to roster a cohesive team, and then be expected to restock when they move on for greener pa$tures.
Say what you will, but the Howland Era in Westwood ends with a not too shabby 233-107 during his decade at the helm of the Bruins. He won four conference titles in the past eight years and guided UCLA to the Final Four in three straight seasons from 2006-08.
But after that great start and then only having two NCAA tournament games, plus missing March Madness altogether twice in the three seasons before this year, having had a losing record in 2009-10, NBA level players bolting after just one freshman season, and unworthy players transferring made most Bruin faithful uneasy.
This season's expectations were quite high in Westwood with Howland bringing in the nation’s second-ranked recruiting class led of course by forward Shabazz Muhammad. And regardless that expectations are always high in Westwood, I heard everyone saying that it’s “final four and/or championship or bust”.
But is it really fair to compare all future UCLA coaches to the Wizard of Westwood? As we know, Wooden coached the Bruins 27 seasons, appearing in 12 final fours and winning 10 national championships.
But consider that the first 15 seasons for the Wizard resulted in ZERO final four appearances or national championships. With that 15-year stat alone and considering Howland's UCLA record, Wooden would've been relieved of his coaching duties (just as Howland) in today’s UCLA college basketball landscape.
Again what is done is done and I hope we find the right fit (I like Fey from Gonzaga or Stevens from Butler) but I still think Howland made players more NBA ready than any college coach I can think of. Howland did a solid job, it just wasn't a Wizard job!
Obviously less patience and teaching is no longer the name of the game today. Hopefully whoever we do land, our fans will think is more "Wooden-like" in coaching philosophy and appearance along with more "Wizard-like" results IF given the proper time!
Go Bruins!!!
Wonderfully said Brewie! Brings tears to my True Blue Bruin eyes...The only thing you forgot to mention was that without Sam Gilbert there would have not been a Wizard. Otherwise spot on....Go Bruins!!!
UCLAN SAM

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I say fellow Bruins why such denial of our BB program? I am one who acknowledges that Sam Gilbert was a major force in our success,unfortunately in our current situation we need a Sam Gilbert more than we need a John Wooden. Wooden went 15 years without Papa Sam which equaled 0 titles, with Papa Sam 10 titles 12 final fours....The search for a new Sam must be top priority....Go Bruins!

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back Chosen Babeler right where you left off with your selective statistics that always conveniently miss data (harmful to you or SUC's reputation).
KEVIN LOVE (1ST RND/#5)
BARON DAVIS (1ST RND/#3)
Well I am sure you could look up most colleges that routinely put players into the NBA and find both successes and failure for both. I just want to make sure you (B)ruins realize that your school is not above anyone else and definitely below others...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,381 - 18,400 of26,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,033,015
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Just Think 216,186
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr cpeter1313 303,180
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Mon Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Mon Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••